Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Events

Events Latest happenings and events pertaining to pets and animal welfare

Old 04-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Animal Lover

amirimran is on a distinguished road
Default MCFA April and July 2011 Show. Status?

Dear All,

Can somebody tell me the status of the above show. Apparently, the April Show has been cancelled and postponed to July, without any explanations written on the web. Checked on the TICA show schedule and it is not on the list. Checked with the said venue and sponsors, none of them are aware of such arrangement and agreement. Calls and email to MCFA has not been answered or replied. What happen?
Old 04-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Animal Lover

Default Re: MCFA April and July 2011 Show. Status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirimran View Post
Dear All,

Can somebody tell me the status of the above show. Apparently, the April Show has been cancelled and postponed to July, without any explanations written on the web. Checked on the TICA show schedule and it is not on the list. Checked with the said venue and sponsors, none of them are aware of such arrangement and agreement. Calls and email to MCFA has not been answered or replied. What happen?
I hope the attached email corresponding had clear some doubts.

Date: Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 6:57 PM
Subject: RE: MCFA TICA 18 Rings Show - 22nd - 24th July, 2011
To: Vickie Fisher

Dear Vickie,

I have few enquiries regards to the above. Your warm clarifications will be much appreciated.

1. What is the status of TICA Show License to MCFA for the above show? Is it being granted or pending or disqualified?
2. MCFA supposed to have the show on April 2011, but it has been cancelled due to unforeseen and untold reasons. There is no due apologies or explanations on their website. Can i be refunded for the fees paid? What can I do if MCFA refuse to refund me, instead forcing me to join the July show?
3. Did TICA aware of the above show? Click here for info of the above : http://www.mcfa.com.my/index.php? option=com_jevents&task=icalrepeat.detail&evid=7&Itemid=54&year=2011&month=07&day=22&title=international-cat-festival&uid=a44b546f92a8e828ee00b5b6605096e3
4. I've checked with the said venue and sponsors of the above but none of them aware of such arrangement and agreement. Can MCFA do this? What action can be taken by TICA towards this misrepresentation of MCFA?

Thanks Vickie.

Date: Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Dear Sir,

At this time the Malaysia Cat Fanciers are not able to license any TICA shows. They have not been granted a show license for April or July shows as we have not received license applications for those shows.

The TICA Show Rules state:
"24.3 Each entry shall be accompanied by the published fee. No entry fee or related charges will be returned except for failure on the part of the sponsoring club to hold a "Vetted" show as advertised, or if there is a change in the advertised judges, date, location and/or format of the show as set forth in Show Rule 24.3.1. In such cases, the club shall refund the total amount if requested by the Exhibitor.
24.3.1 A sponsoring club must, at least 10 days prior to the advertised closing date of a show, announce and make known to any exhibitor who inquires, who the contracted and confirmed judges are. Any exhibitor who has previously entered the show shall be notified of any change in judges and may withdraw his entries and have entry and related fees returned if requested before the advertised closing date of the show.
24.3.2 The total amount of fees shall be refunded to all exhibitors in case any show is canceled."

Thanks,
Leslie

Dear Moderator, please close this thread as I have received the answers needed. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Animal Lover

Regional Directors
Asia Region
Director: Hisae Tasaki
Email: regional.director.aa@tica.org
Address: 45-20 SAKURAGAOKA-MACHI - TSUCHIURA IBARAKI 300-0832
Locations: BRUNEI DARUSSALAM, CHINA, HONG KONG, INDONESIA, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, PAKISTAN, PHILIPPINES, SINGAPORE, SOUTH KOREA, TAIWAN, THAILAND
Clubs: ACT CAT CLUB, ALL JAPAN CAT CLUB, BRILLIANT CAT FANCIERS, C.A.T. CREDO, CATS PARADISE PARTY, CLOUD 9 CAT CLUB, ENJOY CAT CLUB, FOREST CAT JAPAN, GLOBAL CAT UNION, JAPAN CAT LOVERS, JUSTICE CAT CLUB, KANSAI CAT COMMUNITY, KINGDOM CAT FANCIERS, KOREA CAT CLUB, KOREA CAT FANCIERS CLUB, MALAYSIA CAT FANCIERS, SHONAN CAT CLUB, THE THREE C, TOKYO CAT CLUB

My queries to her

Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:38
To: motoko
Subject: TICA Show in Malaysia

Dear Madam,

Just want to know :-
1. Is there any TICA Cat Show on 22 -24th July in Kuala Lumpur? http://www.mcfa.com.my/
I've checked with the venue and sponsors and none of them aware of the above. Call and email to MCFA has been unanswered.
2. What are the status of MCFA with TICA?

Thanks.

Her answer...

I don’t know about MCFA.
MCFA is belong to TICA. But I don’t contact MCFA.

Thank you ,
Hisae

my conclusion :
1. TICA is a confused lot organisation. MCFA is clearly listed in TICA Asia, yet the director pretend they dont know MCFA. What TICA is MCFA belongs? Is there any different TICA?
2. TICA attitude, approach and stand towards this issue are very confusing. No wonder MCFA still go on cheating members and the public. Wake up TICA!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Animal Lover

kiwiCiku Graphy is on a distinguished road

tak abis-abis lagi ke pasal show mcfa nie? lamed and bored..sudah-sudah la.byk lagi show lain yang boleh di join
Old 06-29-2011, 01:37 PM
PetFinder Guru

shahcats is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiCiku Graphy View Post
tak abis-abis lagi ke pasal show mcfa nie? lamed and bored..sudah-sudah la.byk lagi show lain yang boleh di join
salam..
sangat setuju ngan kiwiciku..
byk lg show boleh join..xpe biar la mcfa tu..orang lain da senyap..
sy still mengharap show mcfa akan jadi..sebab since mcfa senyap..xde club under tica nak buat show..so kucing-kucing under TICA sangat kesian..nak dapat title pun susah..kesian dekat bengal breeder..show cfa tak boleh masuk..
fife dapat masuk..tapi title xboleh dapat masuk under TICA..so bagi la peluang kat MCFA..
Old 07-21-2011, 04:37 AM
Animal Lover

DeaconStone is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: MCFA April and July 2011 Show. Status?

I don't work for TICA, but I happen to know that TICA is not issuing any more show licenses for MCFA. The usual reason that happens is when a club has not paid the association for its previous show license.

TICA has no legal standing to force a club to refund fees paid by an exhibitor to a local cat club, as that is a civil matter between those two parties. It would appear, in this case, that TICA can't even get the club to pay what it owes to the association! About the only thing that TICA can do, since they have no presence in Singapore, is revoke the club's charter.

I am a bit surprised that the regional director claimed no knowledge of MCFA. It would not surprise me, however, if the TICA Executive Office simply takes the position that "that club doesn't exist any more".

The only way to recover anything from a defunct cat club is to file a claim against the officers of the club in small-claims court (or whatever the equivalent of that might be in your jurisdiction). In the US, even if a club is dissolved, the officers of the club are still liable for its debts, unless the club was organized as a limited-liability corporation.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:09 PM
PetFinder Buddy

marayah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconStone View Post
I don't work for TICA, but I happen to know that TICA is not issuing any more show licenses for MCFA. The usual reason that happens is when a club has not paid the association for its previous show license.

TICA has no legal standing to force a club to refund fees paid by an exhibitor to a local cat club, as that is a civil matter between those two parties. It would appear, in this case, that TICA can't even get the club to pay what it owes to the association! About the only thing that TICA can do, since they have no presence in Singapore, is revoke the club's charter.

I am a bit surprised that the regional director claimed no knowledge of MCFA. It would not surprise me, however, if the TICA Executive Office simply takes the position that "that club doesn't exist any more".

The only way to recover anything from a defunct cat club is to file a claim against the officers of the club in small-claims court (or whatever the equivalent of that might be in your jurisdiction). In the US, even if a club is dissolved, the officers of the club are still liable for its debts, unless the club was organized as a limited-liability corporation.

she is a japanese...no wonder