Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Vets & Docs Reviews

Vets & Docs Reviews Discuss, recommend, and review the people providing health care for your pets, ie, the animal docs.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Animal Lover

Queenie Chong is on a distinguished road
Default Animal Medical Center

Has anyone try the vet hospital, can I have a review, i was clueless and i cant even find review in Google. I went once, and he told me my dog was fine but still charge me 100. :/
Old 11-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Animal Medical Center

Queenie, I'm sorry, but which Animal Medical Center are you asking about? Where is it? What was the name of the vet who treated your dog?

If you give us specific information, perhaps other members can share their experiences at that clinic.

Without knowing any details of your experience, it's hard to say whether you were treated fairly or not. If the vet spent time examining your dog and perhaps did some tests of some sort, of course he will charge you for that, even if the final diagnosis is that your dog is fine. But again, without specific information from you, it's hard to say. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie Chong View Post
Has anyone try the vet hospital, can I have a review, i was clueless and i cant even find review in Google. I went once, and he told me my dog was fine but still charge me 100. :/
Old 11-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Animal Lover

freewilly85 is on a distinguished road

If you are talking bout the AMC in Jalan Tun Razak,

read my reply this the thread below

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4071&page=2
Old 11-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Animal Lover

the last time i went my bf was inside my the doc, which i drive to atm to withdraw money, couldnt sure what is the doc name.

Too bad, yesterday sent my dog to there again because all clinic close at 7. which is hard for a working people, getting treated for a Vet name Pei Sun. She somehow seems experience but I'm not sure, she charged a total of 263 yesterday night.

50 for consultation
200 for blood test, so expensive. :/
the others for the dog medicine.

She is asking for urine test today, i dont know why my dog is not eating, he seems upset. Vet said he is fine which to me, no much difference.

Thanks for the thread, coudnt find it yesterday
Old 11-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Animal Lover

oh ya. btw is the 1 in Jalan Ipoh. Tun razak to be precisely
Old 08-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Love Animals, Hate Abuse

celine.chan is on a distinguished road

I dont like them, I think the DR Siva is super money minded. Last time I take I rescue one cat and take her there because she got REALLY BAD scabies. I was talking to the receptionist and the doctor happen to walk by. He's so rude, he said loudly to the receptionist, "You don't treat the animal until you get full payment yah." Sorry lah I know you have bad experience with rescuers but come on, no class to say like that openly. What if the animal is really my pet? When you talk like that, it's not insulting?

Some more when the cat die because the treatment is too late, they also never inform me. I really don't like to use them.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Animal Lover

fishit is on a distinguished road

Wow. This is certainly a surprising news to me. We had just visited AMC twice this weekend.

My DSH kitten was vomiting undigested food during the wee hours of friday morning. But we hush it away cos' we read in the cat's vet handbook that it's normal for cats to vomit once in a while. Common cause for vomitting could be because our cat is eating too fast or just overeating. We pamper him alot and we agree that this could be the reason. The next day, we went out for lunch and we were greeted by a pile of vomit on the floor. Still we were being positive and didn't bring him to the vet. Why? Because he seems perfectly normal. Doesn't have difficulty swallowing food, eats and drinks normally, played with our other two kittens and his poop were normal.

Then the worst scenario we could think of happened. We went out that same night and came back home around 10 something. Our kitten suddenly starts wheezing. Wheezing is when a cat releases a whistling sound. That doesnt' seem normal and we rush him to AMC. Initially, we called gasing and the guy who answered told us there are no doctors at d moment. Then we google for another 24hrs emergency clinic and we found AMC in the list.

He was wheezing heavily during the car ride but he stops when we arrived there. The doctor who examines him was Dr Yeo Pei San. She seems knowledgeable and started suggest what the causes might be. We, having read the handbook quite thoroughly, give out opinions on the causes. Then she told us that we might have to leave him there one night for further inspection but we were obviously reluctant. Then she gave us the quotation which amount to rm300+. The consultation alone cost rm90. And she added if he needed to use the oxygen chamber additional rm400 will be charged, per day.

We don't have that kind of money since we're students so she told us she'll gv him 3 injections first to make him feel better (antibiotic, bronchodilator and anti-inflammatory). She charged us rm134. She didn't specified the bill but i guess she gv us discounts. The wheezing kinda stops during the time we were in the centre. I think he wheeze heavily because I was driving too fast.

We reached home around 2 am and he vomited again at 5 something. Then we went back there on sunday morning and was treated by a different doctor, Dr Nabin. He examined him and told us his heart and lungs sounds normal and prescribed us antibiotic for 5 days (clavamox) and anti-inflammatory pills. It seems that Dr Yeo had diagnosed him as having trachea bronchitis.

He vomited again on d wee hours of monday morning which is yesterday. So we decide to brim him to UPM. We did an X-ray and the Dr said there was nothing unusual in his chest nor abdomen. And we also did a blood test. But the result will only come out in two days which is tomorrow. I was anxious but at the same time afraid.

I wanted to share my experience using AMC service. So far, it is still consider as okay. But I'll make sure to be extra cautious after this. Will be going there for a follow up this coming friday. Pray for my boy.

Last edited by fishit; 09-04-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Animal Lover

daezne is on a distinguished road

my friend bring his dog to vet clinic and cost him around 300 for tratment plus 1 night stay in the clinic. after weeks the dog dies. i dont know what causing the death but rugi saja the 300