Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Vets & Docs Reviews

Vets & Docs Reviews Discuss, recommend, and review the people providing health care for your pets, ie, the animal docs.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Animal Lover

fishit is on a distinguished road
Default Everise Veterinary Clinic, Kajang Prima

Hello there. I wanted to share my experience using the service of this clinic. So far, I've only been to two clinic including this one (another one is a clinic in Seksyen 7, Bangi). So our journey with our male DSH cat starts in the early of june when my gf picked him up near a supermarket after she did the groceries. Few hours after having him, we decided to send him to the vet to be check upon.

We went to clinic in Bangi as it was the nearest to our place and the girl who treated him (i didn't ask if she's a doctor or not, my bad) told us he had fungal problem on his left ear. that's all. she cleaned his ears and deworm him. gave us a mini repacked anti-fungal shampoo (the one similar to the cough syrup bottle that you usually get frm govt hosp) and around 2.5ml anti-fungal repacked syrup with syringe to feed him for five days. the charges was around 40+. cheap? maybe. we didn't vaccine him straight away because the girl advices us to let him stay for a week in the new hse so that he can get used to it.

the thing is, the so called "fungal" infection didn't go away. for a week he kept on scratching his ears. at first, we saw some improvement on his left ear. we were happy. for a while. so we google and google for almost a week and my gf decided that we have to give the Bangi Clinic a visit again because she suspected him to be infected by ear mites.

we came to the clinic last sunday and let the girl (not the same girl and for the second time didn't ask whether she's a doctor or not) check on our kitten. then we told her about our first visit then told her about our suspicion. guess what? she said, "yeah. yeah. he got ear mites". she 'knew' this just by looking at his inner ears. then prescribe us the ear canker drop and another 3ml anti-fungal syrup. she told us that we can only start giving him the syrup on 22nd.

we went back and start the ear treatment. then we realize that the right ear was also infected and what made things worst was that the condition of his right ear is worse than the left ear. there were scabs around his ears (take note that his left ear haven't fully heal). he kept on scratching and we felt sorry looking at his condition. we, like most of the newbies, tried to google our way to find the best vet in our area and stumbled upon Dr. Wong. i've read a good review about her and decided to give her a call. she answered the phone (lucky for me as they were close on wed) and i told her about his condition and i tried to ask as many question as i can (quotation, what can of treatment can she gv, etc.) she just said "i need to see him first." so fine. she said altho the shop's closed for wed, she's there at the office 7.30-8.30 pm to feed the dogs. i ask her whether she can lend some of her time to look at our kitten, she said okay.

we went early and waited around 15 minutes and she arrived. she examine him and ask us few question like whether he get an injection treatment or not and etc. we were quite shocked as the former clinic's people didn't even said anything about the need for an injection. we told her about the meds the former vet gave us and she told us, there are no meds in liquid so far for fungal treatment. and we were double shocked. i thought, fcuked. poor charlie.

then she took few strands of his fur to examine whether he have the mites. mind you, she uses the microscope and she even offer us to have a look at those mites. she diagnose him with mites infection because his fur and ears have different type of mites species (something like that) and she said the adult mites had gone, but there are still eggs. she explained everything to us and we sure ask a lot of questions. then she gave him an injection and cleans his ears and put some cream.

overall, she charge us rm89 for the injection, consultation (rm20), cream, lotion and mites test. i guess that was quite reasonable. this morning when we woke up his ears looks much better and we could only see very tiny scabs on both of his ears. he also didn't scratch that often. i'm sure i have found our pet doctor. i hope you will too.

this is the info on the Dr. and clinic:

Dr. Wong Chee May D.V.M
Everise Veterinary Clinic
21. Jln KP 1/4, Kajang Prima,
43400 Kajang Selangor.
Tel/Fax: 03-8733 0878

Consultation hours:

Monday - Saturday : 11.00am - 7.00pm
Sunday : 10.00am - 2.00pm
Wed & Major Holiday : Closed

Email: everise.vet@gmail.com

If i'm not mistaken, she told us that she's not gonna be available in august/september as she have seminar/conference to attend. so don't wait too long.

P/s: i'm trying to be as specific as i could, hence the long post.

Last edited by fishit; 07-10-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Animal Lover

Default Re: Everise Veterinary Clinic, Kajang Prima

Just an update on my second visit. We went to the clinic yesterday because our kitten has diarhhea. I'm pretty sure it was cause by the food that we gave him. Previously, we fed him innova evo 186g and he was doing fine. but on last thursday, we bought the biggest can which is around 300+g and he had diarrhea the next day. we didn't bring him to the vet until yesterday cos' of the insufficient money. plus, he was pretty fine (he's surprisingly active, eat and drink his food, didn't vomit) except for his soft light brown poop.

we went to the vet, and she insert a weird needle (not literally) device into my kitten's anus. she said he was fine. no bacteria or anything unusual. but, his one of his kidney is swollen. she prescribe him an antibiotic, dmg tablets, diarhhea tablets, a brown syrup (i forgot what is that for but it's important for him to finish it), and a can of hill science prescription a/d diet.

we ask her to help demonstrate how to give him the food and she told her assistant, which is a guy to do it. the guy was kinda harsh to him (he kinda grabs the hair on my kitten's back) but i thought maybe it didn't actually hurt him. but for sure, i won't let the guy touches him again after this.

so what i wanna share is that, this vet is one of the vet you can trust if you're living somewhere around kajang/semenyih/bangi but i don't trust her assistant. her assistant was not there on our first visit because the shop was initially closed. and i gave the hill science can to stray cats cause the ingredients was rubbish and i fed him nature's variety for now. the prescription diet was given so that it will 'entice my kitten to start eating'.

ps: after few days from the first injection, the scabs are gone. but of course for the mites to be fully gone might take a while.

Last edited by fishit; 07-03-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:30 PM
PetFinder Buddy

marayah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishit View Post
Just an update on my second visit. We went to the clinic yesterday because our kitten has diarhhea. I'm pretty sure it was cause by the food that we gave him. Previously, we fed him innova eva 186g and he was doing fine. but on last thursday, we bought the biggest can which is around 300+g and he had diarrhea the next day. we didn't bring him to the vet until yesterday cos' of the insufficient money. plus, he was pretty fine (he's surprisingly active, eat and drink his food, didn't vomit) except for his soft light brown poop.

we went to the vet, and she insert a weird needle (not literally) device into my kitten's anus. she said he was fine. no bacteria or anything unusual. but, his one of his kidney is swollen. she prescribe him an antibiotic, dmg tablets, diarhhea tablets, a brown syrup (i forgot what is that for but it's important for him to finish it), and a can of hill science prescription a/d diet.

we ask her to help demonstrate how to give him the food and she told her assistant, which is a guy to do it. the guy was kinda harsh to him (he kinda grabs the hair on my kitten's back) but i thought maybe it didn't actually hurt him. but for sure, i won't let the guy touches him again after this.

so what i wanna share is that, this vet is one of the vet you can trust if you're living somewhere around kajang/semenyih/bangi but i don't trust hes assistant. her assistant was not there on our first visit because the shop was initially closed. and i gave the hill science can to stray cats cause the ingredients was rubbish and i fed him nature's variety for now. the prescription diet was given so that it will 'entice my kitten to start eating'.

ps: after few days from the first injection, the scabs are gone. but of course for the mites to be fully gone might take a while.

so, what can u conclude.which one is better?
Old 06-30-2012, 12:35 PM
PetFinder Buddy

marayah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishit View Post
Just an update on my second visit. We went to the clinic yesterday because our kitten has diarhhea. I'm pretty sure it was cause by the food that we gave him. Previously, we fed him innova eva 186g and he was doing fine. but on last thursday, we bought the biggest can which is around 300+g and he had diarrhea the next day. we didn't bring him to the vet until yesterday cos' of the insufficient money. plus, he was pretty fine (he's surprisingly active, eat and drink his food, didn't vomit) except for his soft light brown poop.

so what i wanna share is that, this vet is one of the vet you can trust if you're living somewhere around kajang/semenyih/bangi but i don't trust hes assistant. her assistant was not there on our first visit because the shop was initially closed. and i gave the hill science can to stray cats cause the ingredients was rubbish and i fed him nature's variety for now. the prescription diet was given so that it will 'entice my kitten to start eating'.

ear mites dont take longer time to heal, dear..just squirt ear cleanser/or spot-on inside the ear and clean it thoroughly..for my kitties, no more ear mites..so, i dont have to clean their ears like even for a week
Old 07-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by marayah View Post
so, what can u conclude.which one is better?
sorry for the late reply. what i want to conclude is that Dr. Wong is a reliable veterinarian. but not in the food department (she gave us hill science a/d prescription diet) and we didn't blame her for it since future vets didn't learn about animal's diet in the vet school. that's what i read about them. the one that i didn't like about the clinic, is how her assistant handle my kitten. so, i suggest that you hold your pet yourself.

and for the ear mites post, she told us our kitten will receive 3 injections (once per week) for every week. i think the injections are better and faster since it goes directly into their veins or whatever it is instead of just drowning the mites using the ear canker drops. but, we do apply ear canker drops twice a day, every day. so, we're being patient and in the same time trying our best to get rid of the mites fully (the adult mites are dead, but there are mites's eggs on his fur and possibly in his ears and we have to continue the treatment for maybe a month after he is fully recovered to ensure all of the eggs are gone). and also, we cleaned his ears every subsequent day.

our kitten haven't been vaccinated yet because he has to finish his antibiotics which he been prescribed after we sent him to the vet for diarrhea. we already bought the spot on but after consulting the vet, she told us to wait after vaccination (or after he finishes his med, i'm not that sure which one is the reason cos' there's quite a lot of info that came out of her mouth that day but i remember she said "not yet").

Last edited by fishit; 07-10-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Hi Fishit,

Just to clear up some misunderstanding here regarding to the vet assistant on the handling of the kitten. It is normal to hold the kitten on the skin behind the neck as this is the best way to prevent any resistant from the kitten shud he be not happy about what the assistant gonna do with him. In fact this is also the same way how the queen cat pick up her kitten.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 07-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Hi Fishit,

Just to clear up some misunderstanding here regarding to the vet assistant on the handling of the kitten. It is normal to hold the kitten on the skin behind the neck as this is the best way to prevent any resistant from the kitten shud he be not happy about what the assistant gonna do with him. In fact this is also the same way how the queen cat pick up her kitten.
Hello there, coony. I appreciate your comment. I knew that by holding on the skin behind the neck is the best way to prevent any resistant as I have been doing that for the past 2 weeks in order to give him his med. But the way the guy handle my kitten is just plain weird. I think my kitten eyes seems like its gonna pop out of his socket any time soon and even the clinic in bangi didn't do it that way. So, maybe i'm being paranoid or just being silly, but i think i give a heads up before somebody do get upset after letting the guy handle their pet.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:32 PM
PetFinder Buddy

irenelance is on a distinguished road

Well, i beg to differ! i think i should share my experience.

I just moved to Semenyih so kinda searching for a new vet clinic for my boys..so the 1st clinic i found was Everise..my boys were due for their annual vaccination so i just brought them there.

first thing i saw was the clinic is so unorganized! and not very clean. there were one indian girl and one indian boy who i thought were her assistants. i really didnt like when that girl handled my boys..u knew straight away that they have never work/handle animals..so rough my boys starting to hiss.

the vet ask those girl n boy to take weight, records n whatnot. when i finally when inside the room, imagine my suprise..the room and the backroom were even messier n dirty. i was quite worried my cats will catch anything (luckily they didnt) and then that girl just shoved what i believed was worm medication down my cat's throat..it was horrible! furs were flying all around!

then i caught the vet said to that girl n boy.."ok aa kira jadi aa u kerja sini..u pergi fotostat ic"..i was shocked! how can she let those 2 strangers handled my cats??!! it was very irresponsible of her! and then she kept questioning why my previous vet use this kind of vaccine and not that..blablabla

so after that i have to go for another 3 shots..coz apparently she said my cats got fungus. those were the last time i went to that clinic. each 3 three time i went for the shots, i kept seeing another new face and obviously none of them can handle animals.

So here i am searching for another clinic..i'm trying mesra petshop n clinic next in saujana prima kajang..i read a lot about them too..but maybe i shud just give them a try. otherwise..back to healing pets i guess.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Animal Lover

Hi irenelance,

It's been almost 2 years since my first post. Which meant Charlie is almost 2 years now. He recovered from the ear mites and fungal infection. and now is very healthy and weighing at 5 ish kilos.

Anyway, it's been a long time since I last visited Dr. Wong. The last time was on last august for ringworm treatment. My cat, Thomas, caught ringworm after I've sent him to be neutered. I've sent him to a clinic located in Sg Chua since a friend told me that I don't have to leave my cat overnight. Ironic place to catch the disease, right? But anyways, I've sent him to mesra and they prescribed him medicines. But he didn't look any better than on the first day although it's been two weeks. then we brought him to UVH in serdang. the Dr there told us to continue with the prescribed medicines and gave us something (probably solution to clean the infected areas, i forgot cos it's been such a long time).

I knew ringworm is a type of infection that could took from 4 months to 1 year to fully recover from it. Depending on the effort and the type of treatments (oral or topical medicines) that you're using. I did a lot of research and even used an alternative way like putting drops of apple cider vinegar in his water and cleaning the infected area with it.

I was very frustrated due to the need to confine him inside the room and seeing him all alone. to add to the misery, he suddenly got mosquitoes bites or something that looks like it. he got it on almost everywhere but in minimal amount. but mostly on his face. Then I went to Dr. Wong and she gave him an injection for the ringworm infection and also prescribed him an allergic medicine. I've just found out he's allergic to ikan kembong and probably shrimp and prawns also.

After going back from there, Thomas slowly showing some recoveries. and he was fully healed a month later. I had stopped giving him the medicines that i got from mesra once i went to Dr. Wong.

Based on my experiences, I went to mesra for normal cases like vaccinations, deworming and sometimes de-fleaing. For serious cases like fractures and others, I went to UVH. If still untreatable like the ringworm case then only I went to Dr. Wong.

Referring to Dr. Wong staffs, i believe her staffs are always changing and sadly almost the staffs that she had hired seems like they are not an animal-friendly person.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:11 PM
PetFinder Buddy

irenelance is on a distinguished road

the vets in sg chua, is it ok than everise? i'm not realy keen with mesra..huhu
Old 04-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Animal Lover

Sorry for the late reply irenelance. I'll try to visit the forum frequently after this. The vet in sg. chua is Happy Paws Animal Clinic. The vet was friendly and seems to handle the animals with care. I was pretty sure my cat caught the ringworm there because he is a strictly indoor-only cat. and non of my cats ever caught that type of disease. i heard the clinic sometimes treat stray cats (i'm not sure it's free or if it's not maybe given discounts or you can pay installments). i think you ought be giving this clinic a visit. maybe for my case, it's just a one-time unfortunate event.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Animal Lover

MyDSH is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I also brings my cats to Dr. Wong in Kajang Prima since the early days before they have moved to this new shop. In my opinion, Dr. Wong is still the best vet in Kajang & Bangi area. I have also been to the other vets but, at the end, I always would visit Dr. Wong for 2nd opinion.
At one time, my cat curi-curi eaten neighbor's cat's fish bone. It was around 8p.m. My cat got choked because the bone was stuck in her throat! I didn't know what to do. So, I called up Dr. Wong. Luckily, she was still in the clinic although it's written in her name card that they closed at 7pm. So, I brought my cat there and Dr. Wong quickly access her condition. She need to be sedated to be able to take out the fish bone. Finally, Dr Wong took out the bone after she has anesthesized my cat.
There will not be any clinics open at that time at night except for Dr. Wong's clinic. If not, I have to travel to Cheras or further up KL to save my cat. She's a very very hard working person. And, she handled all my cats well.
Lately, my neighbor told me that she also provides acupuncture treatments for cats & dogs. I have heard about acupuncture before but there are not many vets who are qualified to do so. I heard she graduated from an acupuncture institute in the US.
I don't know about people complaining about her but to me, she's our family vet!