Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Discuss the latest movies, tv shows, and what turns you into a couch potato

View Poll Results: Who is your TOP TWO favourites out of these 11 contestants?
Adam Lambert 6 85.71%
Alexis Grace 1 14.29%
Allison Iraheta 0 0%
Anoop Desai 0 0%
Danny Gokey 2 28.57%
Kris Allen 0 0%
Lil Rounds 1 14.29%
Matt Giraud 0 0%
Megan Joy Corkrey 1 14.29%
Michael Sarver 1 14.29%
Scott MacIntyre 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: American Idol Season 8 (2009)

next time i need some heads taped up i'll know who to call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
yeah, I tape kuat kuat like u said

Yup. I think we can learn from them, and give equal opportunities to the under-priviledged.

Personally, I thought it was very sweet of Simon & gang to want to give him & Michael Sarver a break. I really hope America feels the same way, too. No doubt their vocals are not as great as some other contestants', but I really hope they can go as far as top 6, just as a good & inspiring message to the less fortunate. They deserve a break.

hahaha, you and Cookie can walk down memory lane, then.

Wow, I just realise u like old men, too......and old enuf to be your grandpa, too. no offense meant....just being my notty self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illa79 View Post
Yup ,i agree..definitely sending a good message..alas only in the west will these artiste be appreciated,something very much lacking here

i love the late Tan Sri P Ramlee too...he will never be replaced..

p/s,i think Sir Sean Connery is HOT!!
Old 03-17-2009, 03:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

illa79 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post

Wow, I just realise u like old men, too......and old enuf to be your grandpa, too. no offense meant....just being my notty self.
hehehehe..none taken,don't worry..

ya lor...old men more experienced and matured maa..

my local version of Sean Connery is Jins Shamsudin..

aiyo..sorry aa ka che..going off topic oledi...hikhikhik..
Old 03-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Petfinder Moderator

yup, old men more experienced and mature, and treats us gals better, too.

hmmm.....Jins Shamsudin I'm not too familiar with, but I'm sure he must be a great looking guy.

don't worry about off-topic....i won't pengsan.

Quote:
hehehehe..none taken,don't worry..

ya lor...old men more experienced and matured maa..

my local version of Sean Connery is Jins Shamsudin..

aiyo..sorry aa ka che..going off topic oledi...hikhikhik..
Old 03-17-2009, 09:53 PM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

Well, I think Jalaluddin Hassan, host for our Malaysian version of Who Wants to be a Millionnaire look better as he aged. Jins Shamsudin was good looking when he was younger but didn't age as well as Jalaluddin.
Quote:
my local version of Sean Connery is Jins Shamsudin..aiyo..sorry aa ka che..going off topic oledi...hikhikhik..
Quote:
hmmm.....Jins Shamsudin I'm not too familiar with, but I'm sure he must be a great looking guy. don't worry about off-topic....i won't pengsan.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default American Idol Season 8 (2009)

How true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget, Richard Dean Andersona aka Macgyver also look good as he aged

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Well, I think Jalaluddin Hassan, host for our Malaysian version of Who Wants to be a Millionnaire look better as he aged. Jins Shamsudin was good looking when he was younger but didn't age as well as Jalaluddin.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Petfinder Moderator

What do u guys think of tonight's American Idol? Who is your favourite performer tonight? And who do you think will leave tomorrow night?

For me personally, there were 3 performances that I really enjoyed. Matt was at his best, and Megan's voice was particularly smoky and sultry. But the one that I went crazy over was the "strange" (quote Kara) performace of Adam Lambert.

I liked the quirky, off-beat, and really unusual rendition. And his gyrations, eyes, expressions, voice, OMG!!! My jaw just dropped and I never laughed so hard during a performance before.

I have a bad feeling that it's probably Michael Sarver who's going home tomorrow.

So, guys, tell us what you think. Come, let's pretend we are the judges.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What do u guys think of tonight's American Idol? Who is your favourite performer tonight? And who do you think will leave tomorrow night?

For me personally, there were 3 performances that I really enjoyed. Matt was at his best, and Megan's voice was particularly smoky and sultry. But the one that I went crazy over was the "strange" (quote Kara) performace of Adam Lambert.

I liked the quirky, off-beat, and really unusual rendition. And his gyrations, eyes, expressions, voice, OMG!!! My jaw just dropped and I never laughed so hard during a performance before.

I have a bad feeling that it's probably Michael Sarver who's going home tomorrow.

So, guys, tell us what you think. Come, let's pretend we are the judges.
I haven't watch the whole concert. :( I only managed to catch the last 4(?) contestants. Meghan is my favourite though. She sang while having a flu! My mom saw Adam singing from the short clips and she said his voice/singing was 'teruk'. I was like "Nooooo mummy. He has a 'unique' voice".

Now, I'm gonna go find a clip of Adam singing from Youtube. Hehee.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:05 AM
Petfinder Moderator

aww, tell your mummy adam's voice not teruk. he purposely did it. u can see he's enjoying himself. i think he has the same quirky & off-beat humour that i have.

oh, can u post the clip here, once u found it? i want to watch him over & over again. oops, got to go. hubby dah marah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.lya View Post
I haven't watch the whole concert. :( I only managed to catch the last 4(?) contestants. Meghan is my favourite though. She sang while having a flu! My mom saw Adam singing from the short clips and she said his voice/singing was 'teruk'. I was like "Nooooo mummy. He has a 'unique' voice".

Now, I'm gonna go find a clip of Adam singing from Youtube. Hehee.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Meow

Here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ3VxJh-ZFQ

I noticed a lot of the videos have been deleted or replaced by a different audio or video. But this clip can still be viewed as usual, I just hope they won't replace/delete it. I wanted to watch Meghan's performance again but I couldn't find a video. :(

On Adam's performance, I thought it was strange but wow, I loved it.

He was just amazing. I can't stop watching it. Elvee sat on my lap as I watched and after the performance ended, she looked up and meowed at me. I think she likes Adam as well.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Petfinder Moderator

yup, he's amazing, isn't he? hehehe. your elvee certainly has taste, if she also likes adam.

no doubt megan, alexis and lil round all have talents and great vocals, too, but adam also has entertainment value.

thanks for the link, yeah, hope they don't delete or replace it, but i think they'll keep the latest only, so it'll probably be deleted next week.

i think TV8 has a delayed broadcast tonight, at 10 or 11pm. not sure of time, but maybe cookie can let u know.

i can't wait for the results later.

Quote:
Here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ3VxJh-ZFQ

I noticed a lot of the videos have been deleted or replaced by a different audio or video. But this clip can still be viewed as usual, I just hope they won't replace/delete it. I wanted to watch Meghan's performance again but I couldn't find a video. :(

On Adam's performance, I thought it was strange but wow, I loved it.

He was just amazing. I can't stop watching it. Elvee sat on my lap as I watched and after the performance ended, she looked up and meowed at me. I think she likes Adam as well.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:37 AM
PetFinder Guru

illa79 is on a distinguished road

haiyark..i missed last night's show ler..
will have to wait for the repeat this wknd..
the repeat on 8tv is pass my bedtime lor..must get my 8hrs of beauty sleep everynite,if not cannot function la the next day..

p/s,gosh i sound old dont i?heheh
Old 03-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Petfinder Moderator

no, u sound like a beauty queen, since u must have your full 8 hours of beauty sleep to maintain your looks.

according to clement here, old people don't need that many hours of sleep. he said something about needing only 3 or 4 hours. clement?? hello?? did i get that right?

hehe, he probably is not reading this girly thread.

Quote:
haiyark..i missed last night's show ler..
will have to wait for the repeat this wknd..
the repeat on 8tv is pass my bedtime lor..must get my 8hrs of beauty sleep everynite,if not cannot function la the next day..

p/s,gosh i sound old dont i?heheh
Old 03-19-2009, 12:34 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Yes, Is true, adult people no need 8 hour for sleep. You know why people always said 8 hour for sleep, it because when school time always mention this word. So it already in mind. Sound like i need 8 hour.
basically 5 hour. the accurate just 3 to 4 hour++. Because when you on bed, you still no sleep, you might thinking something. it going take a hour to stop it.
If the person living always worry one, it going take time for sleep. even close the eyes, but the mind still working.

Quote:
no, u sound like a beauty queen, since u must have your full 8 hours of beauty sleep to maintain your looks.

according to clement here, old people don't need that many hours of sleep. he said something about needing only 3 or 4 hours. clement?? hello?? did i get that right?

hehe, he probably is not reading this girly thread.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Petfinder Moderator

thanks for the info, clement! so it's normal to be an insomniac like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Yes, Is true, adult people no need 8 hour for sleep. You know why people always said 8 hour for sleep, it because when school time always mention this word. So it already in mind. Sound like i need 8 hour.
basically 5 hour. the accurate just 3 to 4 hour++. Because when you on bed, you still no sleep, you might thinking something. it going take a hour to stop it.
If the person living always worry one, it going take time for sleep. even close the eyes, but the mind still working.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

According to me it depends on u , u can sleep less then 8 hrs but u have to handle headache & some other problems like weakness etc. But if you make it your regular habit than things will be fine sooner later, you can utilize your time in other good things.
+ Should be a short nap in the afternoon as well. It can power back the body.

Quote:
thanks for the info, clement! so it's normal to be an insomniac like me!

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default American Idol Season 8 (2009)

aiyoh!!! how come I always like to sleep one??? I remember one time we had farewell party for ex-colleague.after dnr all of them wants to go to disco and forced me to come along.I refused but if I don't go the girls will sulk.So I went.Around 12 midnite,right middle in the discotheque,I was yawning and told them I need to sleep I kena marah for nothing with my friends. I easily can sleep.I can sleep in the moving train and bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
According to me it depends on u , u can sleep less then 8 hrs but u have to handle headache & some other problems like weakness etc. But if you make it your regular habit than things will be fine sooner later, you can utilize your time in other good things.
+ Should be a short nap in the afternoon as well. It can power back the body.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:27 PM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

Wah! June ah, I can high-five you lah. I, also, can sleep like that. I have slept in toilets when I was younger in my travelling days.
Well, since there was insufficient time to go home and then go through the famous Cheras jam to go to work, I went straight to office. The only place that no one could see me was in the toilet. So I climbed up on to the long shelf just below the big mirror and slept, very soundly...until I felt someone patting me and heard, "oi, oi, bangun, bangun!". Without opening my eyes, I muttered, "huh? huh?". Again the voice said, "oi, bangun, bangun. Mau cuci toilet lah. Bangun!" Slightly more awake with eyes still closed, I asked, "Pukul berapa ah?" "Aiyah, sudah pukul tujuh lebeh ah. Bangun, mau cuci toilet. Bangun." Sigh! There went my sleep but I was first in office that day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
aiyoh!!! how come I always like to sleep one??? I remember one time we had farewell party for ex-colleague.after dnr all of them wants to go to disco and forced me to come along.I refused but if I don't go the girls will sulk.So I went.Around 12 midnite,right middle in the discotheque,I was yawning and told them I need to sleep I kena marah for nothing with my friends. I easily can sleep.I can sleep in the moving train and bus
Old 03-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Meow

**SPOILER ALERT**

My brother just told me who got eliminated. He said the pink haired girl.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Allison? Oh no. And the judges thought she's another Kelly Clarkson.

looks like america wants to give michael sarver & scott macintyre a break after all. they weren't at their best last night.

oh man, i didn't realise the first broadcast is at 1pm.....i thot 6pm.

Quote:
**SPOILER ALERT**

My brother just told me who got eliminated. He said the pink haired girl.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Petfinder Moderator

eh, where was this, cookie? nst or bp toilet? i was already in the office by 7:15am, if i knew, i could go kacau u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Wah! June ah, I can high-five you lah. I, also, can sleep like that. I have slept in toilets when I was younger in my travelling days.
Well, since there was insufficient time to go home and then go through the famous Cheras jam to go to work, I went straight to office. The only place that no one could see me was in the toilet. So I climbed up on to the long shelf just below the big mirror and slept, very soundly...until I felt someone patting me and heard, "oi, oi, bangun, bangun!". Without opening my eyes, I muttered, "huh? huh?". Again the voice said, "oi, bangun, bangun. Mau cuci toilet lah. Bangun!" Slightly more awake with eyes still closed, I asked, "Pukul berapa ah?" "Aiyah, sudah pukul tujuh lebeh ah. Bangun, mau cuci toilet. Bangun." Sigh! There went my sleep but I was first in office that day!