Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 05-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Animal Lover

londeh is on a distinguished road
Default Need a Help.

Hi semua..

Pohon rakan-rakan di dalam ni bantu saya. Saya ada 14 ekor kucing yang saya nak spayed and neutered. Asalnya kucing-kucing nie kucing jalanan yang saya ambik dan bela. Sekarang dah beranak pinak sampai 14 ekor. Ada dua ibu tengah bunting. Saya nak kontrol populasi kucing nie sebab dah tak mampu dan takut mengganggu jiran-jiran. Boleh tak rakan-rakan recommendkan Dr. yang boleh bagi diskaun ke untuk spayed and neutered kucing-kucing nie. Setidak-tidaknya yang tak perlu hantar vaksin dulu ke? Kebanyakan Dr. yang saya jumpa mintak saya vaksin tiga kali dulu kucing-kucing nie dan saya sejujurnya tak mampu nak tanggung kedua-dua kos (vaksin + spayed or neutered) dengan kucing-kucing yang terlalu banyak nie. Segala cadangan dan nasihat rakan-rakan saya dahului dengan ucapan terima kasih :)
Old 05-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Junior Breeder

archivelore is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need a Help.

good effort...

you can get the vaccination done at jabatan haiwan... maybe dalam 35 seekor... some jabatan haiwan can do the alteration base on their workload... maybe you need to get appointment date for them...

i'm not sure if adult cats need to be vaccinated up to 3 times before able to be spayed/neutered... what am sure of is... your cat need to be healthy enough to undergo operation... with/without vaccination... just like how human going to operation... any vet in the house? am just a doctor... so i really don't know if that is the requirement for altering operation...
Old 05-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Animal Lover

Thank you very much archivelore for your suggestion. I will try to consult with the Jabatan Haiwan. Any other suggestions from the ground. If you are knowing the vet doctor is much better especially in Seri Kembangan areas. Thanks in advance guys. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archivelore View Post
good effort...

you can get the vaccination done at jabatan haiwan... maybe dalam 35 seekor... some jabatan haiwan can do the alteration base on their workload... maybe you need to get appointment date for them...

i'm not sure if adult cats need to be vaccinated up to 3 times before able to be spayed/neutered... what am sure of is... your cat need to be healthy enough to undergo operation... with/without vaccination... just like how human going to operation... any vet in the house? am just a doctor... so i really don't know if that is the requirement for altering operation...
Old 05-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Animal Lover

shazshera is on a distinguished road

Londeh,

In Kulai, Jabatan Haiwan charges RM22 per cat for vacination. Last year it was RM17. They advised me to bring the cat when they are 3 months old. Sometimes they look at the weight. There they mentioned 1 shot is enough.

The 3 shots are usually for kittens below 3 months old, & if not mistaken for the first 3 months and are done by vets. Please correct me if I am wrong. I took my kittens to the vet a few months ago when they were 3 1/2 months & we went for 2 shots at an interval of one month. We couldn't go earlier as they were unhealthy & under treatment before.

As far as I know the cats do not need to get a vacination before any operation, well not according to my vet.

Anybody else wants to add in or correct me?
Old 05-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Animal Lover

I don't know Shazshera the exactly information. What I am sure vet in my place want me to vacinate the cats before the spayed or neutere the cats. Thanks for your comment..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazshera View Post
Londeh,

In Kulai, Jabatan Haiwan charges RM22 per cat for vacination. Last year it was RM17. They advised me to bring the cat when they are 3 months old. Sometimes they look at the weight. There they mentioned 1 shot is enough.

The 3 shots are usually for kittens below 3 months old, & if not mistaken for the first 3 months and are done by vets. Please correct me if I am wrong. I took my kittens to the vet a few months ago when they were 3 1/2 months & we went for 2 shots at an interval of one month. We couldn't go earlier as they were unhealthy & under treatment before.

As far as I know the cats do not need to get a vacination before any operation, well not according to my vet.

Anybody else wants to add in or correct me?
Old 05-20-2012, 10:19 AM
PetFinder Guru

Meffy is on a distinguished road

Hi

I don't think it's necessary for your cats to be vaccinated before spaying but it is recommended. Vaccination will protect them against common or harmful cat diseases. It will also protect your cats from being infected in case there are other cats carrying these diseases within the operation area.

Jabatan Haiwan or Klinik Veterinar is a good choice for affordable spay/neuter. Maybe you can arrange to do a few cats at a time instead of all 14.