Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 09-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Animal Lover

schilazz is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up That Much what fosterers and rescuers can do? Hmmmmmm

I am disappointed that certain parties think we (the temp fosterers and rescuers) are made of money. We do this out of our hearts and yet ada jugak yang demand. Bila rescue oh cepat go spay. That s all they think.hmmmm

Yes, there are fosterers and rescuers that have alot of money and can spay all the animals that had been rescued. But bare in mind, people like me and some others (average from low to middle income people), doing this coz we want to help as much as we can. Me and some rescuers , rescue around 7 to 10 cats a week. that s like 40 a month. so if all nak spay, aiyo end up I sendiri makan pasir. (this is minimum)

we do what we can. Rescue and bring home. give food. clean up what we can. oh yeah korek the ears oso ok. and give the love that we can till we can find homes fo them.

yeah sometimes the animals don't turn out the way the adopter wants and returened back ... but i believe, if an animal give so much shit to the new owner, it means that animal is not for you... THE ANIMAL WILL CHOOSE THE OWNER. not the other way around. Dont blame the fosteres or the adopters and also the animal. IT'S NATURE!

we except and move on with our daily routine and do what we can for these animals. if i got power, dah rescue all the animal with one blink... but it doesnt work that way. we do what we can.

I have been doing this for years without any contribution or help from NGO ke donate ke. But I still do it for the sake of the animals. IT'S WORTH MY TIME.

So to all rescuers and fosterers our there, WELL DONE AND SALUTE YOU!
You guys are amazing human beings.

Sekain Terima Kasih
Saya Yang menurut perintah sendiri

Sheila aka Sdn Bhd Humane Society

Last edited by schilazz; 09-19-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: That Much what fosterers and rescuers can do? Hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by schilazz View Post
I am disappointed that certain parties think we (the temp fosterers and rescuers) are made of money. We do this out of our hearts and yet ada jugak yang demand. Bila rescue oh cepat go spay. That s all they think.hmmmm

Yes, there are fosterers and rescuers that have alot of money and can spay all the animals that had been rescued. But bare in mind, people like me and some others (average from low to middle income people), doing this coz we want to help as much as we can. Me and some rescuers , rescue around 7 to 10 cats a week. that s like 40 a month. so if all nak spay, aiyo end up I sendiri makan pasir. (this is minimum)

we do what we can. Rescue and bring home. give food. clean up what we can. oh yeah korek the ears oso ok. and give the love that we can till we can find homes fo them.

yeah sometimes the animals don't turn out the way the adopter wants and returened back ... but i believe, if an animal give so much shit to the new owner, it means that animal is not for you... THE ANIMAL WILL CHOOSE THE OWNER. not the other way around. Dont blame the fosteres or the adopters and also the animal. IT'S NATURE!

we except and move on with our daily routine and do what we can for these animals. if i got power, dah rescue all the animal with one blink... but it doesnt work that way. we do what we can.

I have been doing this for years without any contribution or help from NGO ke donate ke. But I still do it for the sake of the animals. IT'S WORTH MY TIME.

So to all rescuers and fosterers our there, WELL DONE AND SALUTE YOU!
You guys are amazing human beings.

Sekain Terima Kasih
Saya Yang menurut perintah sendiri

Hi, Schilazz --

Let me start with a BIG thank you for the rescue work you do!

You're not the only one feeling frustrated this week. Dr. Chan Kah Yein just blogged about people who expect her (a 1-woman NGO) to be a round-the-clock all-purpose animal welfare service. http://www.myanimalcare.org/2011/09/...nding-and.html

Yes, of course it would be ideal if every rescuer could spay/neuter every animal and release it to the perfect home in perfect health. But believe me, I know how fast the vet bills add up as you find that the lively, healthy-looking kitten has worms, earmites, fungal infection, this infection, that infection... And I don't rescue anywhere near the number of cats that you do.

And I feel guilty about that. There are so many cats living on the streets near my apartment. I have to look at a number of factors and start making decisions, based on space, cost, the stress on my pets, etc. Take in too many cats, and we can't take proper care of any of them, and we turn into hoarders. So the alternative is to do what we can, as you said. We pray for the rest.

You've had a long history as a rescuer on Petfinder. Your actions speak for themselves. If people criticise you for not doing enough for your rescued animals, perhaps you could ask them to sponsor the spay/neuter surgery. Put the money where the mouth is!

Anyway, I hope you included YOURSELF in your big salute to rescuers!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Animal Lover

schilazz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: That Much what fosterers and rescuers can do? Hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hi, Schilazz --

Let me start with a BIG thank you for the rescue work you do!

You're not the only one feeling frustrated this week. Dr. Chan Kah Yein just blogged about people who expect her (a 1-woman NGO) to be a round-the-clock all-purpose animal welfare service. http://www.myanimalcare.org/2011/09/...nding-and.html

Yes, of course it would be ideal if every rescuer could spay/neuter every animal and release it to the perfect home in perfect health. But believe me, I know how fast the vet bills add up as you find that the lively, healthy-looking kitten has worms, earmites, fungal infection, this infection, that infection... And I don't rescue anywhere near the number of cats that you do.

And I feel guilty about that. There are so many cats living on the streets near my apartment. I have to look at a number of factors and start making decisions, based on space, cost, the stress on my pets, etc. Take in too many cats, and we can't take proper care of any of them, and we turn into hoarders. So the alternative is to do what we can, as you said. We pray for the rest.

You've had a long history as a rescuer on Petfinder. Your actions speak for themselves. If people criticise you for not doing enough for your rescued animals, perhaps you could ask them to sponsor the spay/neuter surgery. Put the money where the mouth is!

Anyway, I hope you included YOURSELF in your big salute to rescuers!

Hi Menaki,

Thank you for your understanding. I know how Doctor Chan feels. We can only do as much that we can but some people think we superman. And yes some NGOs just know how to boss people around and yet no action. eh wait , got action, only infront of press hihi.... we all yang doing things dekat belakang ni, oni God can see... i guess that s good enough for me. I do what i can and only can pray the other animals can survive.

I can see, some new fosterers or rescuers, banyak cekadak. (alot of talking) trying to teach the people that had been doing this for so long. I know, it s information for all but think before you speak please. you banyak cakap oso but no action, then what for kan ... easy to say spay/nueter kan.... 1 or 2 ok lah , you dont feel it but if you do it for 40 or 50 animals? then you rasa... i do what i can. like i said, rescue, bring into home, clean it as much as we can, give food and love.

My neighbour, she is married with 3 kids. i guess you know how hectic life would be. but she still take time to go down to longkang to rescue kittens or cats. i think that s an act of kindness. but nooooooooooooooooooo some people wants more and more and more ... bila tak dapat give one face and say " u should have done this, you should have done that" ...

I guess this is humas kan .... never Thankful for what they have ... hmmm ...
Ok lah ... nanti bebel alot in here, kena ban pulak hihi.....

Babe , Thank you so much for your support... and we should give more support to sdn bhd fosterers, rescuers and volunteers out there ... me not really fond ngo

Sekian Terima Kasih,
Saya yang menurut perintah sendiri