Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 09-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Article : Clumping Clay Litter : A Deadly Inconvenience

Dear Readers/Forumers,

I come across this article and think that all should read and understand the implications by using clumping clay litter then make a decision of health/safety vs costs.

the article is by a Ms Marina Micheals from whose site (http://www.thelighthouseonline.com/articles/clump.html) I found this article.

Introduction and Synopsis
Clumping clay kitty litters may be related to a wide variety of seemingly unrelated cat health problems, included diarrhea, frothy yellow vomiting, mega-bowel syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, kidney problems, respiratory problems, general failure to thrive, anemia, lethargy, and even death. For more information, read this article and see the related pages listed at the end of this article.

If, after reading this article, you feel you have been helped in any way, or would like to contribute your own story, please write to me or spread the word. Thanks!

The article begins below. For more information, see the the CatMom.com Home Page, which also has some great links for various cat products to purchase, a great animal intuitive who can help you figure out what's up with your cat or dog, and a no-kill, no-cage sanctuary to donate to or adopt from.

Clumping Clay Kitty Litters: A Deadly Convenience?
". . . something able to block household plumbing must be wreaking havoc on the plumbing of our feline companions."

Cats die. Kittens die. It’s part of life. But we still grieve when they die, even though we know it is only the body, not the spirit, that is gone. How much worse we feel when those deaths were unnecessary, could have been prevented by something as simple as changing the kind of litter we use.

I breed Japanese Bobtail cats and I grieved in 1994 when an entire litter of kittens (born in November 1993) died. Despite round-the-clock nursing and force-feeding of fluids and food, one kitten, then another, let go of his grasp on life.

The three kittens started out as a robust, lively group. Then, at weaning time, just as they were learning to use the litter box, they began to vomit a yellow frothy substance and to pass yellow diarrhea; the diarrhea looked and smelled like clay. They also had nasal and eye discharge. The diarrhea proceeded to turn harder and even more clay-like, and finally the kittens stopped moving their bowels at all. The veterinarians said they could feel "a hard mass" inside. The kittens dwindled into thin, dehydrated, frail little skeletons, sunk in apathy. Then they died.

When these kittens first fell sick, I wasn't too worried, because I had seen the same set of symptoms in two earlier litters. The first time it happened I'd lost one kitten, but the other survived with a week of force-feeding fluids. When a second litter started to exhibit the same symptoms, we took the kittens and their parents to the veterinarian, who tested them for everything from intestinal parasites to feline AIDS. The results were negative. "Some kind of virus" was the vague diagnosis, or "possibly giardia" (an intestinal parasite), even though the test for it was negative. We nursed them, gave them fluids and love, and like the previous kittens, these two were over the problem in a week.

So the third time, with the November kittens, although I was a little worried, I was confident we could pull these through as well. But their illness dragged on for three weeks, and they grew progressively weaker. Again we had the cats and kittens tested for a variety of problems; again, nothing. And then, all within the same week, the kittens died.

When a fourth litter, born in late March 1994, began to exhibit the same symptoms yet again, I felt frustrated, frightened, and helpless. What was going on? Was there something in the environment? Was my home somehow a "sick house?" Was one of the adult cats carrying something that the kittens were picking up? I always keep my cats indoors, so it couldn't be exposure to outside cats.

Pawprints
A NEW PERSPECTIVE

I decided I needed a new perspective and began to look for a holistic veterinarian. The next day, a friend gave me the card of a new holistic veterinarian in town, Dr. Stephanie Chalmers.

But before I had the chance to take the kittens to see this new vet, I was struck by a bolt of lightning. The clumping litter! It was almost as though someone had whispered it into my ear. It made perfect sense. Everything fit; it explained all the symptoms. My thinking went along these lines:

1. Clumping litter is designed to form a hard, insoluble mass when it gets wet. It also produces a fine dust when stirred (as when a cat scratches around to bury a recent deposit). And these clumping litters absorb many times their weight in fluids.
2. When cats or kittens use the litter box, they lick themselves clean; anything their tongues encounter gets ingested. Kittens especially tend to ingest a lot of litter when they are first learning to use the box.
3. Once the litter is inside a kitten or cat, it expands, forming a mass and coating the interior-thus, both causing dehydration by drawing fluids out of the cat or kitten, and compounding the problem by preventing any absorption of nutrients or fluids.

My cats and kittens had probably reacted with diarrhea initially in an effort to cleanse their bodies of the litter before it had a chance to settle and coat their insides. But kittens have very small intestines; a hard insoluble mass could very well produce a complete and fatal blockage within a couple of weeks.

On the strength of these deductions, I immediately went out and bought a plant-based litter to replace the clumping litter. I also took several of the hard, clay-like lumps of stool produced by two of the kittens and smeared them open. Not only did the stools have the consistency, smell, and texture of clay, but they even retained the color of the litter (gray with blue flecks) inside. This was confirmation enough for me.

As soon as I could, I took all the kittens, along with their mother, to Dr. Chalmers, who said that she had already heard of problems like this with the clumping clay litters. She put the kittens on a holistic course of treatment (slippery elm to help soothe the intestines; homemade chicken broth to nourish the kittens without putting further strain on their insides).

She also showed me an article by Lisa Newman, another holistic health practitioner, citing some of the cases of illness and death that she (Lisa Newman) has seen first hand—illnesses and deaths most likely caused by clumping litter. A light went on in my head when I read the following:

"There has been a rise in depressed immune systems, respiratory distress, irritable bowel syndrome, and vomiting (other than hair balls) among cats that I have seen in the past two years. All had one thing in common...a clumping product in their litter box. In several cases, simply removing the litter improved the condition of the cat." ("Great Clumping Cat Litter—Is That Why Kitty is So Sick?" Healthy Pets—Naturally, April 1994.)

The problem of health difficulties and even deaths resulting from clumping litters appears to be more prevalent than most people are aware of. I recently spoke with another Japanese Bobtail breeder, who told me of a kitten she sold that subsequently became very ill with a severe respiratory problem. The new owner used a clumping litter, and her veterinarian found that the kitten's lungs were coated with dust from the litter.

For a veterinarian to spot this problem is unusual. A more common diagnosis would lay the blame at the door of a virus, germ, fungus or parasite. There is not a general awareness yet that the clumping litters can be harmful—even fatal—to cats.

Pawprints
BEYOND CATS

And the problem extends beyond cats. As Lisa Newman points out in her article, dogs get into the litter box for "snacks," and ingest the litter too. She reports that the autopsy of one dog revealed that his stomach was filled with the clumping litter.

An article entitled "How Cat Litter is Made" appeared in Cat Fancy magazine (October 1994). Shockingly, the article contains no cautions against the use of clumping litters, even though the description of one of the main ingredients in such products should be enough to alarm any thinking person.

"Sodium bentonite, a naturally swelling clay, is often added as an extremely effective clumping agent. When liquid is added, bentonite swells to approximately 15 times its original volume. But because sodium bentonite acts as an expandable cement would, litters containing sodium bentonite should never be flushed; when they expand they can block plumbing."

A few moments' thought is all that is needed to realize that something able to block household plumbing must be wreaking havoc on the plumbing of our feline companions.

What about my kittens after I switched to a plant-based litter? Sadly, the two females died. Both were passing clay stools right up until the time of their deaths; one kitten was still passing clay almost two weeks after I switched litters. The two males survived, though it took months for them to fully recover. Only after switching to a completely organic, homemade diet was I able to clear up the last traces of their ordeal. And still I grieve for the kittens who died so needlessly.

WHAT YOU CAN DO

You may feel as horrified as I do at the thought that there must be thousands of kittens and cats (and other animals) ailing or even dying from clumping clay litters. What can we do to prevent such suffering?

One thing is let the manufacturers know we won't buy such products. My husband called a company that makes one of these clumping litters. The woman he spoke with said that the company is aware that clumping litters may be causing health problems, but that it is the consumer's responsibility to make sure their cats don't eat the stuff.

My husband pointed out that cats clean themselves with their mouths, so of course they're going to eat the litter every time they use their cat boxes. Unfortunately, the company's representative maintained her "buyer beware" position.

Given the attitudes of such companies, we can vote with our pocketbooks by purchasing products from businesses that are more responsive to our concerns. Be sure to let the makers of the clumping litter know why you no longer purchase their product. You might even choose to boycott all products made by these companies (it isn't hard to find out who makes what—just read the labels). An even more effective move might be to show this article to the owners or managers of stores selling these products.

If you suspect that an animal may be suffering an ailment caused by clumping litter, take him or her to a veterinarian or holistic practitioner immediately, and explain what you think may be happening. If you encounter resistance, it may mean that the veterinarian is unfamiliar with the problem and doesn't know how to handle it. Try to find a holistic vet—either locally or someone you can work with by phone—who has some experience with clumping litter impacting the intestines. Most importantly, replace the clumping litter right away with one of the plant-based alternatives. Even if your cat is healthy, it makes sense to switch to a different litter.

If you love cats as I do, spread the word. Tell everyone you know about this problem. Tell your veterinarian. You may save the lives of many kittens, cats, and other beloved creatures.

Article from Marina Michaels http://www.thelighthouseonline.com/articles/clump.html
Old 09-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Article : Clumping Clay Litter : A Deadly Inconvenience

Ashley,you can use shredded newspaper as their litter sand.before this I use litter sand,very inconvenience and messy.so 1 forumer from old kampung teached us to use shredded newspaper.save our money to buy litter sand and no need to sweep the mess after that just scoop the whole bundle and throw it away.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:10 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Article : Clumping Clay Litter : A Deadly Inconvenience

hye guys...in regards to this topic... can anyone list down the type of liitter u use.. cost effectiveness, anything that u might want to add or suggest...?

June : ko pakai shredded paper tuh x bau busuk ker? kucen2 x terpijak ke poo diorang...? banyak ko pakai x newspaper??? ko pakai litter tray yang cm ner eh??? aku x der shredder macam mana nak wat???
Old 09-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Animal Lover

dulu si Furkid kat kampung lama pernah buat demonstrasi buat kita.ko ingat lagi tak?? mula2 mmg leceh.kucing aku tak biasa pakai newspaper durang ramai2 pakat kencing kat katil aku.geram betul.cuma si Peterpan yg pick up cepat.yg lain to dol sikit.

klu ko tak shredded paper tu mmg berterabur kertas sebab ko kena ikat paper yg dah dishredded jd bergumpal kertas tu senang durang nak berak dan kencing. tak kotor pun kaki.durang lap kaki durang kat atas kertas tepi litter box bila dah buang hajat. bau tu mmg blh tahan tp save $$$ kucing2 kampung ni pembersih.durang takkan pijak najis/kencing durang tu. pakai litter tray yg biasa je.

aku pakai shredded opis sebelah.wakakakakakak!! opis aku takde shredded paperlah.

June : ko pakai shredded paper tuh x bau busuk ker? kucen2 x terpijak ke poo diorang...? banyak ko pakai x newspaper??? ko pakai litter tray yang cm ner eh??? aku x der shredder macam mana nak wat???[/QUOTE]
Old 09-08-2008, 05:40 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

ala... nak try gak...yang tuh mmg cost effective la.. cumer kena pakai newspaper banyak....kalo kiter carik2 sendiri, ato koyak2 kan leh ker? pastuh gumpal2 kan.... kena pakai banyak ke?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Banned

Hi june

shredded paper sounds good - as long as it is safe for our cats as well as environmentally friendly. furthermore you're also recycling. that's good.

however i'm reluctant to use the shredded paper (biasa) as i'm afraid i'd train my cat to pee2 on my newspaper as i stack newspaper all over my house.

the point to this article and this thread is to spread awareness about the potental danger of using clumping clay as litter, not only to cats but to dogs too for those who has cats and dogs because even if the dogs do not eat out of the cat litter box, the flying dust from the clumping litter is enough to be a health hazard - imagine all those cement lining your throat, lungs , etc.

when i first started with my kittens i also used clumping clay out of ignorance and for "supposed" convenience. one of my kittens almost suffered because of this. nicky almost got blocked intestines because he liked to "eat" his litter material and play it in. at first i thought it was cute, then i noticed i had breathing problem since i started using clumping litter than nicky had constipation, lack of apetite. anna also had lots of wheezes and we didn't put all these together. i stopped using it becuase of this and i adamantly use recyled paper pellet even it's more expensive than sand/clay material.

however i believe the long-term health benefits outweights the short term costs. i'm glad non of my cats paid for my ignorance!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Banned

Hi filinlee/all

i've used most litter material out there in the market from sand (scented and non-scented) to clay (scented and nonscented - clumping and non clumping) to absorping crystals granulles to recycled fiber (compressed wood dusts) to recyled paper pellets. the costs ranged from less than Rm10 per bag (of about 2-3kg) to RM50+ for a small box (arm and hammer brand)(5kg or something like that) i bought from neigbhourhood grocery stores to generic in-store brand carry by hypermarket (carrefour, tesco, giant) to pet accessories store and pet specialty stores.

i don't quite remember the actual costs but i still remember the headaches and hassles (imagine a flooded litter box full of clumping clay and full of faeces inside - to clean or to throw - that's the question but also to disinfect the whole backyard cos the said litter tray was found flooding in the backyard due to stopped up drainage and it backflowed into my kitchen hence have to clean and disinfect the whole kitchen, we finish around 11pm). not to mention the health hazard. then there was also this "natural" clay sold at a hypermarket (in-house brand) but it stained my cats' paws a reddish colour and we always have to go over the rest of the house moping up the red stain and i was also guilty of tracking red-footprint all over.

right now i used a recyled paper pellet - i buy the largest bag available 35litre (do not know how much in kg but large bag) it costs around RM90 prices varies slightly depending on discounts given by retailers and will last my four cats (baring no tummy ache or diarrhea incidents) about 1-2 monhts (i use two litter boxes at the same time). i change it once a week for hygiene's sake and clean out the litter box with either dettol or diluted bleach but now i use germisep.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Animal Lover

yeah,me too.I didn't know the potential hazard until 1 pro forumer from old kampung highlighted the matter.he taught us to use shredded newspaper.my cats were confused and seems lost on how to pee on shredded paper.In the beginning they peed and poo on my bed.Only Peterpan can pee and poo on the shredded paper after I show him how to do it.The rest takes about 4 days. My cats never kacau my newspaper.I put in on my coffee table. I think they know the paper is imporant to me as they always see my and my hubby read newspaper every nite while they sit on my lap.he!!he!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi june

shredded paper sounds good - as long as it is safe for our cats as well as environmentally friendly. furthermore you're also recycling. that's good.

however i'm reluctant to use the shredded paper (biasa) as i'm afraid i'd train my cat to pee2 on my newspaper as i stack newspaper all over my house.

the point to this article and this thread is to spread awareness about the potental danger of using clumping clay as litter, not only to cats but to dogs too for those who has cats and dogs because even if the dogs do not eat out of the cat litter box, the flying dust from the clumping litter is enough to be a health hazard - imagine all those cement lining your throat, lungs , etc.

when i first started with my kittens i also used clumping clay out of ignorance and for "supposed" convenience. one of my kittens almost suffered because of this. nicky almost got blocked intestines because he liked to "eat" his litter material and play it in. at first i thought it was cute, then i noticed i had breathing problem since i started using clumping litter than nicky had constipation, lack of apetite. anna also had lots of wheezes and we didn't put all these together. i stopped using it becuase of this and i adamantly use recyled paper pellet even it's more expensive than sand/clay material.

however i believe the long-term health benefits outweights the short term costs. i'm glad non of my cats paid for my ignorance!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Animal Lover

mula2 ko alas litter box tu tebal2 sikit.lepas tu ko guna shredded newspaper utk ikat dan gumpal.klu ko carik2 dan koyak saja kertas tu,bila kucing dah abis buang hajat,dia scratch mcm durang buat kat pasir,kertas tu berterabur.aku dah kena byk kali sebelum aku pakai shredded newspaper.shredded paper tu size suma sama dan ko blh ikat dgn senang.takkan koyak walaupun ko pintal ketat2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post
ala... nak try gak...yang tuh mmg cost effective la.. cumer kena pakai newspaper banyak....kalo kiter carik2 sendiri, ato koyak2 kan leh ker? pastuh gumpal2 kan.... kena pakai banyak ke?
Old 09-09-2008, 12:27 AM
:: PetFinder Student ::

Mr & Mrs Mondok is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
mula2 ko alas litter box tu tebal2 sikit.lepas tu ko guna shredded newspaper utk ikat dan gumpal.klu ko carik2 dan koyak saja kertas tu,bila kucing dah abis buang hajat,dia scratch mcm durang buat kat pasir,kertas tu berterabur.aku dah kena byk kali sebelum aku pakai shredded newspaper.shredded paper tu size suma sama dan ko blh ikat dgn senang.takkan koyak walaupun ko pintal ketat2.
.:: Hhhmmm.... Recycled paper... What if kucin tu takde tanda2 yang menunjukkan dia allergik pada clumping clays tu??? At this momen, my cats guna pasir (brand TESCO) tp ringan. Kalau tak silap, bukan clay... Masalahnya ialah, kaki kucin jadik kaler merah... Macam berdebu... Kalau tak guna odor absorbant tu, bau 1 dapur... Hhhhmm... Camne ek nk atasinya... Please help me out... ::.

~ Mr & Mrs Mondok ~
~ Cipom & Puteh ~
Old 09-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Banned

Hi Mr & Mrs Mondok

that's the point right? weighing the costs vs the benefit? what i didn't expand on here is that by using recycled material like fiber (wood pulp pellet or paper pellet), you eliminate dust tracking in the house and in the air (reduce incidences of allergy and sensitivity), it's easy to clean up (you scoop only the poop and the pee2 part and throw), it doesn't scatter or track so you don't have to wipe after your cat everytime he goes toilet, it is safe and doesn't contain any chemical and preservative (you're safe too) and best of all, it doesn't smell - serious...as long as you give your cat enough depth to work with, once your cat covers up the poo, there's no smell, and even if you don't throw away the pellet damp with urine, it won't smell at all! serious.

i'm willing to go through a lot for my cats but not to the extent to turning my house into an oxidation pond with the smell!!! cat urine really stinks and unneutered cat urine stinks even more!

but ever since i turned to recycled paper pellets, honestly there was minimal smell really otherwise my sis would have kicked me and the cats out of the house a long time ago. same with my dad. just kidding. the cats would be kicked out of the house and i'd be banned from having pets. the condition i was given was to ensure there's minimal disruption to household procedures and we won't have to go through lots of hassle to keep the cats.

the hassle comes from using "old" methods that was previously okay when we live in a more natural environment (no tiled porch, no tarred roads with paved road shoulders) lots of earth and sand around. this method cannot be transplanted into our "modern" lifestyle wholesale. we changed our lifestyle therefore we also need to help our cats adjust to our modern lifestyle while allowing them to follow their instinct too.

that's why we have all sorts of amenities for cats- with a little of more money spent, it makes life easier for us and our cats - just change the mindset...and your cat and you are set for a quality life together.

i speak from experience and yes, i don't mind paying extra and i do go without buying things for myself (clothes, books, movies,) i budget strictly.

however the less time i spend cleaning up litter and the less stressed i am, the more time i am able to spend with my cats and the more i am able to relate to them without the "ugly feelings over dirty litter, etc" hanging over our relationships.

think about it. we take cats out of their natural environments and dump them into our own environment - therefore it behoves us as responsible owners to ensure that their needs are taken care of in a manner that will not contribute to anger, stress or misunderstanding for the cats.

it's never the cats - it's always us, remember that and this is to all out there, me included!

the reason i start this thread is to open for discussion and show through example and experience that it is possible to have a good relationship with your cat, including simple litter-box cleaning steps.

because based on experience, i know one of the major reasons people dislike keeping cats or give them up is the claim " they dirty up the whole house -they are dirty, they are stupid..they are troublesome, etc".

this is nothing but furthest from the truth - cats are smart, highly intelligent, witty, wicked sense of humour and timing and fastidiously tidy.

Last edited by ashleywong; 09-09-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Kucing Garong

Bareen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bareen Send a message via Yahoo to Bareen Send a message via Skype™ to Bareen

For the sake of my cat and my health, I use this DYI paper litter...

Detail on how to produce this can be refer to this link http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172156

It healthy to human and cats, save cost, flushable (and it clean and scrup stain beneath the waterline in the toilet bowl too )
Old 09-09-2008, 11:08 AM

.:: Hhhhmm... Thanx ashley... its true the cats urine are stinks... But i'm still looking for a perfect cheap litter for the cats... They are a bit choosy... Bulan lepas, kami guna celica gel cat litter.. Tp diorang tak suka... Habis bersepah kt luar litter box... Finally, they love to use clay litter... Hhhmm...

Bareen, mcm mana nk bt DYI paper litter tu... Sorry, tak jumpa kt url tu... ::.

~ Mr & Mrs Mondok ~
~ Cipom & Puteh ~
Old 09-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Kucing Garong

Send a message via MSN to Bareen Send a message via Yahoo to Bareen Send a message via Skype™ to Bareen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Mondok View Post
.:: Hhhhmm... Thanx ashley... its true the cats urine are stinks... But i'm still looking for a perfect cheap litter for the cats... They are a bit choosy... Bulan lepas, kami guna celica gel cat litter.. Tp diorang tak suka... Habis bersepah kt luar litter box... Finally, they love to use clay litter... Hhhmm...

Bareen, mcm mana nk bt DYI paper litter tu... Sorry, tak jumpa kt url tu... ::.

Kat forum tu aku ada ajar mem canada tu cara nak buat tapi leh gak refer ngan link ni http://alliesanswers.com/tip-of-the-...ty-litter/1044 , cara omputeh ni buat simple tapi final product dia agak kasar bagi aku lah....

Aku alah ngan debu litter sand. Lagik teruk kalau debu tu bergabung ngan bulu dan liur kucing. Pernah sekali masa aku tido, Hijra naik katil dan kipaskan muka aku ngan ekor dia, masa dalam tido tu, aku tak leh nak nafas. Rasa nyawa dah sampai ke hujung. 5 bulan aku flu dan batuk sampailah Hijra beranak dan aku gunakan litter kertas ni untuk anak dia dan aku dapati flu dan batuk makin kurang. Dari situlah aku terus buat dan guna sampai sekarang.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bareen View Post
Kat forum tu aku ada ajar mem canada tu cara nak buat tapi leh gak refer ngan link ni http://alliesanswers.com/tip-of-the-...ty-litter/1044 , cara omputeh ni buat simple tapi final product dia agak kasar bagi aku lah....

Aku alah ngan debu litter sand. Lagik teruk kalau debu tu bergabung ngan bulu dan liur kucing. Pernah sekali masa aku tido, Hijra naik katil dan kipaskan muka aku ngan ekor dia, masa dalam tido tu, aku tak leh nak nafas. Rasa nyawa dah sampai ke hujung. 5 bulan aku flu dan batuk sampailah Hijra beranak dan aku gunakan litter kertas ni untuk anak dia dan aku dapati flu dan batuk makin kurang. Dari situlah aku terus buat dan guna sampai sekarang.

.:: Ok, dah jumpa dah... Nmpk cam mudah n murah... Nk cuba la nnt... Mana tau kot2 bebudak tu nak plak guna... Tp dr segi bau, macam mana??? ::.

~ Mr & Mrs Mondok ~
~ Cipom & Puteh ~
Old 09-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Kucing Garong

Quote:
.:: Ok, dah jumpa dah... Nmpk cam mudah n murah... Nk cuba la nnt... Mana tau kot2 bebudak tu nak plak guna... Tp dr segi bau, macam mana??? ::.
Kalau yang masih fresh lembap suam-suam hangat dan tak dikambus tu memanglah berbau. Tiap kali aku buang najis kucing aku, pagi dan petang, najis tu dah jadi kering dan keras so tak da bau. Kertas ni dia serap kelembapan pada najis jugak, so pada najis yang baru dilepaskan, baunya meruwap ke udara melainkan najis tu dikambus. Biasa LH tak suka nak kambus mengambus, jadi yang jadi tukang kambus kucing siam aku ler.
Dengan litter kertas nih kita leh aksess keadaan najis untuk tentukan tahap kesihatan kucing.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bareen View Post
Kalau yang masih fresh lembap suam-suam hangat dan tak dikambus tu memanglah berbau. Tiap kali aku buang najis kucing aku, pagi dan petang, najis tu dah jadi kering dan keras so tak da bau. Kertas ni dia serap kelembapan pada najis jugak, so pada najis yang baru dilepaskan, baunya meruwap ke udara melainkan najis tu dikambus. Biasa LH tak suka nak kambus mengambus, jadi yang jadi tukang kambus kucing siam aku ler.
Dengan litter kertas nih kita leh aksess keadaan najis untuk tentukan tahap kesihatan kucing.
.:: Hhhmm... Betul jugak... Nk kena test nieh... ::.

~ Mr & Mrs Mondok ~
~ Cipom & Puteh ~
Old 09-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Animal Lover

Mondok,kdg2 ada kucing yg mmg alergik dgn recycle paper buat litter durang.tp nasib baik kucing akak ni jenis tahan lasak.makan tak pilih,nak membuang pun tak pilih apa yg dikasih durang boh je.janji ada tempat membuang.heh!!heh!! tp dlm byk2 kucing kat rmh akak,si Peterpan yg paling cepat pick up belajar buang kat shredded paper yg dah dikat dan gumpal.dia tu mmg pandai betul,cuma tak tahan nakalnya saja.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Mondok,kdg2 ada kucing yg mmg alergik dgn recycle paper buat litter durang.tp nasib baik kucing akak ni jenis tahan lasak.makan tak pilih,nak membuang pun tak pilih apa yg dikasih durang boh je.janji ada tempat membuang.heh!!heh!! tp dlm byk2 kucing kat rmh akak,si Peterpan yg paling cepat pick up belajar buang kat shredded paper yg dah dikat dan gumpal.dia tu mmg pandai betul,cuma tak tahan nakalnya saja.
.:: Tu la kak june, bebudak kt rumah tu cerewet sket nmpknya... Litter tu kalau guna celica gel, dia tak nak.. Dia nk clay litter jugak... Baru2 ni tukar dgn pasir litter brand TESCO tu, badan dia plak bertukar jadi warna merah ikut warna pasir tu... Makanan pun dah pandai pilih, aritu tukar bg mkn Blackwood adult, campur dgn Blackwood kitten, dia tak nak yg kitten punyer, dia habiskan adult punyer... Padahal dah campur skali... ::.

~ Mr & Mrs Mondok ~
~ Cipom & Puteh ~
Old 09-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Animal Lover

lah,mcm tu pula.kucing zaman millenium ni mcm2 je mau durang kan.sabor je lah ko.

Quote:
.:: Tu la kak june, bebudak kt rumah tu cerewet sket nmpknya... Litter tu kalau guna celica gel, dia tak nak.. Dia nk clay litter jugak... Baru2 ni tukar dgn pasir litter brand TESCO tu, badan dia plak bertukar jadi warna merah ikut warna pasir tu... Makanan pun dah pandai pilih, aritu tukar bg mkn Blackwood adult, campur dgn Blackwood kitten, dia tak nak yg kitten punyer, dia habiskan adult punyer... Padahal dah campur skali... ::.