Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 06:14 PM
PetFinder Buddy

neems is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to neems
Default Re: Rude owners!

Well said Lily, Thank you.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Animal Lover

mindraider is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to mindraider Send a message via Yahoo to mindraider Send a message via Skype™ to mindraider

The cat prlly wudve been better off with you "stealing" it haha
Old 12-16-2009, 12:28 AM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover View Post
Hi Neems, Lily here

Still angry? I don't blame you but go easy, lady.

Nurkasih, quote ' WE are looking at one side of the story now..who knows...maybe the girl has been away for weeks and nobody even realized.'

I have been feeding a stray for sometime and it began spending more time at my place. One evening it did not show up and we knew that something has happened to it. We combed our area to make sure there was no sign of its death. We were relieved. Had it been kidnapped or wandered elsewhere? So every morning, we walked around our area and further to locate our cat.We didn't stop looking until it was returned by someone. Mind you , this cat doesn't belong to us, it is just a stray. Yet we have bonded and have feelings for it.

Anyone with the right frame of mind , when his/her pet is missing will do anything to find it.

Maybe the girl has been away for weeks? If she was going away for a couple of days [let alone weeks] then shdn't she had asked someone to at least feed it? If she had not even to this minimum then I consider it as total negligence on her part.

The owner also mentioned that the cat was caged 24/7. Isn't this cruelty??

Even if the cat was a gift from someone [as mentioned by one forumer] at least the person should take the responsibility to find out how to take care of a Persian and not let it be and reached to such a horrible state!

ALL THIS BOILS DOWN TO TOTAL IGNORANCE AND NEGLIGENCE WHICH MEANS CRUELTY!!!!!

If you guys have read her earlier thread when the 'owner' first saw the cat, she didn't even respond like a normal person would. She didn't even call it's name , hugged it or show any sign of excitement. IS SHE REALLY THE OWNER??

Someone mentioned that the owner might have financial problems, then the least they could do is to be polite and show some gratitude. Hell, somebody found the cat for you. WHERE'S THE GRATITUDE??!! INSTEAD SHE GOT RUDE SMS , DISGUSTING, RUDE AND INTOLERABLE ATTITUDE FROM THE FAMILY!!

OBVIOUSLY ANYONE WOULD BE MAD AND IT DOESN'T HELP WHEN YOU GUYS MISUNDERSTOOD HER AND ADD SALT TO HER INJURY.

If you guys read her and her sister's postings carefully, the main issue is not about money. It is about gratitude and the welfare of the cat.

Neems really took good care of the cat's welfare the minute she found it. This kind deed should be appreciated and I think that you guys should leave the matter to rest now.
Bear in mind.. we are listening to one side of the story.. we do not know what the other one is going through anyway... We are actually do show our gratitude and so on.. But then, her sis started to attack people's opinion... As far as I'm concern, we were discussing about how bad a teenager can be as the actions of both father and daughter did not really reflect the appropriate values. And then, she ( her sis) came in with a statement that boils everybody out ( this morning).. we were just merely giving our POV... read up please Clover...

"Originally Posted by LailaGari
WOW, rudeness.

Its hilarious how most of you are going beside the point.

No offense, but I think your (and others talking about "rude" language) posts should be deleted because its WAY out of topic and kinda rude.
Im her sis and we're going through the same thing - this is an extremely stressful situation. Especially when we know that the cat is being abused/neglected as we type.
"

I , on the other hand, giving out my opinion based on my interpretations on her words and my experience in this forum as well, petfinder... Everybody will have their own minds, own business, own personality and own thinking..so don not assume people will act like what you did or think like what you have in mind.Knowing the tempo and knowing what to expect from here, you should understand that every one of us, the forumers, will giving out our views.Clover, everybody ( the forumers ) has been feeding strays and they know what to feel.. just dat we dun tell everybody.. but sincerely, I myself will not be able to pinpoint which cat was MIA back then before I got to be really in love with cats ( as in now). Caging on the other hand, it's situational... caging does not mean cruelty.As one of the forumers said "It can be from 1001 possibilities also on why it is like that.

And for your info, this forum / forumers had stand united before to get back a rescued cat from a BYB before..and we did it... Maybe for you, this forum is nothing but for me this forum is a society..and as in a society you need to be able to blend in , to exchange views, to accept POV and most of all to tolerate. If people misunderstood, guide them back to the original intentions, appropriately, not by being sarcastic... which you know what sarcasm will lead to.

I rest my case.

Last edited by nurkasih; 12-16-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:10 AM
PetFinder Guru

Suhaimy is on a distinguished road

In that case, lets move on!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:50 AM
Animal Lover

clover is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Rude owners!

Nurkasih, yes caging is situational and sometimes necessary. But if a cat is caged up all the time [ as stated by the owner] then please tell me is this deemed cruel? If it is not, then why do most of the Petfinder fosterers insist that the cats to be adopted should not be placed in cages as one of the condition for adoption?

Quote: this forum is a society..and as in a society you need to be able to blend in , to exchange views, to accept POV and most of all to tolerate.......

I hope you guys continue your good work of being tolerant and pleasant. By the way, thanks for reminding me that not everyone is like me.

Thank God for that.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Animal Lover

clover is on a distinguished road

Quote Nurkasih,

'Everybody will have their own minds, own business, own personality and own thinking..so don not assume people will act like what you did or think like what you have in mind...'

and you continue...' everybody ( the forumers ) has been feeding strays and they know what to feel.. just dat we dun tell everybody.'

If you have read my posting CAREFULLY,you would have realized that my experience with the lost 'pet' was just to drive a point that :

Anyone with the right frame of mind , when his/her pet is missing will do anything to find it.

I did not say that people who lost their pets shd act or think like me. Do you understand the meaning of the phrase ' with the right frame of mind' and the word 'anything'

Maybe I should make it easier for you to understand what I intended to mean. A pet lover who has lost a pet would try to find it back. I think this is the simplest sentence I can write and if you still can't understand then sorry I can't help you anymore.
On the same note maybe I should add after ' when his/her pet is missing will do anything to find it .....unless he/she intends to abandon it.'

Would you do something if your cats go missing? Maybe not to the extent of what I had done but at least 'something'. In a scenario when your cat is found, would you stand motionless and strike dumb or ran and hug it?

There is no need to tell me that the forumers feed strays. This is really out of point for discussion in this context. Since you are at it, let me tell you that not only the forumers do it, there are many people out there does it as well.

Quote:' Maybe for you, this forum is nothing but for me this forum is a society..and as in a society you need to be able to blend in , to exchange views, to accept POV and most of all to tolerate.'

You are wrong again!!!!
For your information, to me this forum is something. Not a society as you called it but rather a platform for whoever wants to exchange views or voice opinions.

'....to blend in... absolutely not necessary

'..to accept POV.... if in agreement

'...most of all to tolerate.... doesn't seem like it with you guys. With minimal provocation, the whole gang bounced at it and even sometimes go out of context and rude.
In addition, you guys do not accept POV by others as suggested by you.But rather attacked them.

So, Nurkasih please 'practise what you preach'. Do you understand this phrase?
Old 12-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Animal Lover

mindraider is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to mindraider Send a message via Yahoo to mindraider Send a message via Skype™ to mindraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitayusof00 View Post
U r rite Fareen....(aku tak peduli, aku nak berbahasa Inggeris jugak) There are plenty of middle east students at UM, so I know how they behaved (especially when they're in their big groups). Make noise inside the bus as if they owned it...we the locals pulak yang feel like foreigner. I just hope that she's not Iranian, cos I hv a very high respect on Iranian !!!
just saying, you shudnt generalize whatsoever...
Old 12-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Guys,

This thread is getting way off-topic, not to mention out of hand. Please do not resort to any personal insults or racist attacks. It is against our forum guidelines, and those who persist in this form of communication will have their account suspended.

Neems created this thread to share about her experience. She was merely venting her frustration at receiving no gratitude for saving the cat but was, instead, met with rudeness from its owner.

While it is true that we are "only hearing one side of the story", it is not necessary to phrase it that way. How would you feel if you were in Neem's shoes? Picture this: you are venting your frustration, and someone replied with "we are only hearing your side of the story". Would you calmly agree, or would you be further angered?

And please remember that we are all different. Some are more vocal when expressing their anger & frustration. It should not be used as a basis to attack a person's race or nationality. This is racist.

Rather, you could tell the person concerned that you are offended with their choice of words, and when the person apologises, let it go at that.

Lastly, it is not polite to mock another person in a language that they do not understand. It is not fair, as they could not defend themselves. I call this a one-sided attack.

This thread is now closed.
Closed Thread