Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Training & Behavioral Issues

Training & Behavioral Issues Does your cat have an attitude, or just simply refuses to listen to you? Share it with your peers here and learn more about a cat's behavior and training methods

Old 11-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Im so upset today!

Chemonk,Viv.nobody said u have to rescue all the strays.u can feed the strays,no harm on that.but we are talking abt house cat (pet). I wonder why some pedigree cats/pet the owner didn't let them go and roaming around?? As per Viv because they are priceless n expensive.But why double standard on kucing kampung?? aren't they are priceless too?? All cats regardless on ped cat or not are priceless if you are true cat lovers.no one said u can't let them roaming around.you can,provided you are with the cats to monitor them. That is responsible owner.

If people in this forum think confining the cats in the house is cruel and cat should be roaming around freely outside,u better think before adopting a cat.Even my stray cats doesn't want to leave my house anymore.They know how hard life is as a strays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemonk View Post
agreed vivi... like human also... we can never adopt poor starving african children... but what we can do is to donate anything that we afford of to them... same like cats.. different ppl got different principal.. not all feeders are promoting strays... they are so kind to give strays food even though not providing them shelter... sama mcm kasi derma itu peminta sedekah la... cant afford to allocate them a room.. huhu... kasi makan takpa... jgn pukul sudah la..
Old 11-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Banned

abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Im so upset today!

Quote:
agreed vivi... like human also... we can never adopt poor starving african children... but what we can do is to donate anything that we afford of to them... same like cats.. different ppl got different principal.. not all feeders are promoting strays... they are so kind to give strays food even though not providing them shelter... sama mcm kasi derma itu peminta sedekah la... cant afford to allocate them a room.. huhu... kasi makan takpa... jgn pukul sudah la..
Yer ler chemonk, kalau peminta sedekah tu sihat tp asik nak minta sedekah, u fikir tak de org nak pukul ker? Itu org n still some has the heart to beat that poor beggars, ini kan pulak strays, yg tentu2nya sihat n dtg asik nak mintak makan, pas tu menyusahkan org lain.. u fikir org fikir ke nak pukul? Bila dah kena pukul, kena gigit anjing, barula rasa kesian n nak tolong but too late... the cat died. Sad but actual truth...
Old 11-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Hi Vivien,

My Blackie is not a pedigree, but a moggie (kampung cat) that I picked up from under a bush almost 3 years ago. I'm always so scared of him being catnapped. Silly me, isn't it? He's just a mongrel, and not worth a single cent, right? But to me, he's worth RM100 million.

But this is not what I want to share. What I want to share is something that I am not proud of. Something I am very ashamed of. It's Blackie's mother.

I'm not sure whether she's a stray or an abandoned kitten. I saw her one day at my old place, in the mail room. That time, I was afraid to touch her as I had just been bitten badly by a kitten that I rescued from a drain, and had to have a tetanus shot.

But days passed, and one day, she followed me to my doorstep. So I fed her. She started coming around twice a day for her meals. I fed her, but I never let her into my home. So she practically lived the life of a stray, and used to sit outside my "porch" until neighbours started kicking her. She then resorted to hiding under cars when it rains, and if the car moves away, she has to dash for cover under another available car. She was, in short, homeless.

She was constantly bullied by the other cats there. There would yowls and howls, and they'll be scratching and tearing at each other. I also saw inhuman people pouring hot water on the other cats that dared go near them. Still, I did not bring her in......hubby did not allow me to have cats in the home, but I could have tried to fight for her, and I didn't.

Months passed and she grew up into an adult. One day, she got pregnant and gave birth to 4 very cute kitties. That time it was raining very heavily and she hid them under the bush where I parked my car. She knew that was my car, as she would follow me to my car and back to my porch.

A few days later, she didn't turn up for her meals. She was crushed by a car. Our condo cleaner found her. Her head was squashed kemek, and her eyes popped out.

Did you know how I felt afterwards? I blamed myself and until today, her death haunts me. I could have saved her by bringing her indoors, but I didn't. My decision resulted in her short life. As for her kitties, I managed to find 2 only, which I brought home. Their eyes were not opened yet. I could not find the other 2 no matter how many times I went around the compound, looking into bushes and drains.

That is why it is important to keep your cats indoors. Blackie's mum was not exactly outdoors, she was within our condo compound, and yet, she died a tragic, horrible death.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Hi Vivien,

My Blackie is not a pedigree, but a moggie (kampung cat) that I picked up from under a bush almost 3 years ago. I'm always so scared of him being catnapped. Silly me, isn't it? He's just a mongrel, and not worth a single cent, right? But to me, he's worth RM100 million.

But this is not what I want to share. What I want to share is something that I am not proud of. Something I am very ashamed of. It's Blackie's mother.

I'm not sure whether she's a stray or an abandoned kitten. I saw her one day at my old place, in the mail room. That time, I was afraid to touch her as I had just been bitten badly by a kitten that I rescued from a drain, and had to have a tetanus shot.

But days passed, and one day, she followed me to my doorstep. So I fed her. She started coming around twice a day for her meals. I fed her, but I never let her into my home. So she practically lived the life of a stray, and used to sit outside my "porch" until neighbours started kicking her. She then resorted to hiding under cars when it rains, and if the car moves away, she has to dash for cover under another available car. She was, in short, homeless.

She was constantly bullied by the other cats there. There would yowls and howls, and they'll be scratching and tearing at each other. I also saw inhuman people pouring hot water on the other cats that dared go near them. Still, I did not bring her in......hubby did not allow me to have cats in the home, but I could have tried to fight for her, and I didn't.

Months passed and she grew up into an adult. One day, she got pregnant and gave birth to 4 very cute kitties. That time it was raining very heavily and she hid them under the bush where I parked my car. She knew that was my car, as she would follow me to my car and back to my porch.

A few days later, she didn't turn up for her meals. She was crushed by a car. Our condo cleaner found her. Her head was squashed kemek, and her eyes popped out.

Did you know how I felt afterwards? I blamed myself and until today, her death haunts me. I could have saved her by bringing her indoors, but I didn't. My decision resulted in her short life. As for her kitties, I managed to find 2 only, which I brought home. Their eyes were not opened yet. I could not find the other 2 no matter how many times I went around the compound, looking into bushes and drains.

That is why it is important to keep your cats indoors. Blackie's mum was not exactly outdoors, she was within our condo compound, and yet, she died a tragic, horrible death.
Congrats Charlene! for a very well relate and said esperiences.
To All, perhaps when you are about to feed all the strays, just give a thinker (just a minute of your time) of what will happen to that poor strays, minutes after they leave your feeding bowl. If you're able to do that, please continue to feed them and Godwillling, your good wishes and thought will be fulfilled.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi Vivien,

of course you worry sick about blackie because even though he is not the pedigree or special breed - he is still your pet cat in certain ways.

Whatever happen to blackie's mother is not something you want.... or can decide. There are many worst cases than this I heard before....
Of course as a pet owner, you will want to make sure you pets are safe with you.

Does blackie sleep with you? hehehe
Old 11-15-2008, 12:09 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Err.....every way.
Yup, Blackie sleeps with me until the room gets too cold. Then he'll go out and sleep in his own room. He's with me most of the time if I'm home. If I walk in and out of each room, say from the study to the bedroom, he follows me. Sometimes it ends up with me going out of the bedroom just as he enters becos he's a bit slow and I only went in to take something. Then he follows me out again. My hubby calls him my shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
of course you worry sick about blackie because even though he is not the pedigree or special breed - he is still your pet cat in certain ways.

Whatever happen to blackie's mother is not something you want.... or can decide. There are many worst cases than this I heard before....
Of course as a pet owner, you will want to make sure you pets are safe with you.

Does blackie sleep with you? hehehe
Old 11-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Err.....every way.
Yup, Blackie sleeps with me until the room gets too cold. Then he'll go out and sleep in his own room. He's with me most of the time if I'm home. If I walk in and out of each room, say from the study to the bedroom, he follows me. Sometimes it ends up with me going out of the bedroom just as he enters becos he's a bit slow and I only went in to take something. Then he follows me out again. My hubby calls him my shadow.
Love to see ur shadow..hehe. Do let us know when u're holding CNY open house..
Old 11-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Petfinder Moderator

sure, sure, no problem, pakcu....but you won't see shadow la......dia akan sorok the minute he hears someone approach our door. he won't come out until the person has left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abgraldo View Post
Love to see ur shadow..hehe. Do let us know when u're holding CNY open house..
Old 11-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
sure, sure, no problem, pakcu....but you won't see shadow la......dia akan sorok the minute he hears someone approach our door. he won't come out until the person has left.
Hehe.. even blackie's shadow? You keep him in a cage laa.. so we all can see..hehe.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Petfinder Moderator

muahaha.....yes, even blackie's shadow turut disappear dengan blackie bila dia sorok.....gakakakakkk!!!

dia tak biasa dikurungkan lor....nanti dia stress klu I kurung him in cage.

Quote:
Hehe.. even blackie's shadow? You keep him in a cage laa.. so we all can see..hehe.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
muahaha.....yes, even blackie's shadow turut disappear dengan blackie bila dia sorok.....gakakakakkk!!!
dia tak biasa dikurungkan lor....nanti dia stress klu I kurung him in cage.
Waaa.. , so how laaa..., please Blackie... even ur shadow is good enough..
Old 11-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Petfinder Moderator

muahahhahaha.....i gelak guling la, pakcu....
But ok, ok, tell u what, klu pakcu pay royalty gambar (topik kat thread pakcu nak open petshop), I'll show you Blackie's shadow.

Quote:
Waaa.. , so how laaa..., please Blackie... even ur shadow is good enough..
Old 11-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Puppet Master~

chemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yer ler chemonk, kalau peminta sedekah tu sihat tp asik nak minta sedekah, u fikir tak de org nak pukul ker? Itu org n still some has the heart to beat that poor beggars, ini kan pulak strays, yg tentu2nya sihat n dtg asik nak mintak makan, pas tu menyusahkan org lain.. u fikir org fikir ke nak pukul? Bila dah kena pukul, kena gigit anjing, barula rasa kesian n nak tolong but too late... the cat died. Sad but actual truth...

I also learn something from that incident pakcu.. your statement sounds like i'm the one to be blamed for it kan? well, nvm, i did what i think i should do... but that is.. ppl do have thier own perceptional about this matter... you can't just blame everyone feeding strays are promoting them... if you found strays in Kedah... do you really want to adopt that strays back to Pahang or at least feed them a food and leave it just like that? i'm cat lover.. but i'm not so extreme until against my own kind... just remember... walaupun kita sayang kucing.. tak semestinya kita kene taruk kucing tu atasnya dr level kita sendiri sebagai khalifah... kalau sedekah itu bagi makan kat kucing jalanan pun salah... then.. i have no more to say.. pikir sendiri la ye.. i'm off... to be honest... aku lagi upset dgn kelakuan sesetengah org.... aku post cerita supaya kita boleh belajar... but ada org guna cerita aku utk buat aku ni mcm org jahat.. well... nak buat apa... keep on accusing me as a bad guy...
Old 11-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Eh, chemonk, tak de orang accuse you as a bad guy la....relaks...

Quote:

I also learn something from that incident pakcu.. your statement sounds like i'm the one to be blamed for it kan? well, nvm, i did what i think i should do... but that is.. ppl do have thier own perceptional about this matter... you can't just blame everyone feeding strays are promoting them... if you found strays in Kedah... do you really want to adopt that strays back to Pahang or at least feed them a food and leave it just like that? i'm cat lover.. but i'm not so extreme until against my own kind... just remember... walaupun kita sayang kucing.. tak semestinya kita kene taruk kucing tu atasnya dr level kita sendiri sebagai khalifah... kalau sedekah itu bagi makan kat kucing jalanan pun salah... then.. i have no more to say.. pikir sendiri la ye.. i'm off... to be honest... aku lagi upset dgn kelakuan sesetengah org.... aku post cerita supaya kita boleh belajar... but ada org guna cerita aku utk buat aku ni mcm org jahat.. well... nak buat apa... keep on accusing me as a bad guy...
Old 11-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Meow's Pets

firdaruddin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to firdaruddin

Quote:
Eh, chemonk, tak de orang accuse you as a bad guy la....relaks...
itu la yg fir pelik tu,kak charlene.....hmmm...
Old 11-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:

Hehe..chemonk, bukan nak accuse chemonk ler... The same incident also happen to me, n bukan sekali dua... tp dah byk kali. At least, u've done your part to save that poor kitty and it's very2 commendable. Pakcu tak ckp yg we all have to save all the strays, memang ada strays yg memang tak mau dijinakkan, we just do what best we can afford. Itu jer. Yg pakcu upset ialah for those yg kononnyer bela domestic cats, tp dok lepas luar mcm strays, bila dah jadi apa2, baru nak nyesal. Pakcu mintak maaf kalau chemonk terasa but it'is not Pakcu meant.... Im also learning... everyday..
Old 11-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

Quote:

you are not the bad guy la.......everyone has different opinions or perception
you have you own ways, i have my own ways - they have their own ways..

this also will not stop me from feeding stray if i can........
it does not mean that i cannot and not suppose to do so......it is my action
just be yourself
Old 11-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Vivien dear,

I think sudah ade some misunderstanding in this thread. We are not saying cannot feed strays. I feed strays, Vivien. Once I rushed home just to take some of Blackie's food and water to a stray kitten I saw at a kopitiam that was so hungry & thirsty that it drank the oil someone put at a datuk kong altar under a tree. But unfortunately, it's no longer there by the time I got there again.

We are talking about our pet cats that are raised like as if they are strays, allowing them to go out and roam like stray cats, get into accidents, bitten by dogs, poisoned and so on.

Aiyoh, maybe we ought to sit down and discuss lor....so much misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
you are not the bad guy la.......everyone has different opinions or perception
you have you own ways, i have my own ways - they have their own ways..

this also will not stop me from feeding stray if i can........
it does not mean that i cannot and not suppose to do so......it is my action
just be yourself
Old 11-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Vivien dear,

I think sudah ade some misunderstanding in this thread. We are not saying cannot feed strays. I feed strays, Vivien. Once I rushed home just to take some of Blackie's food and water to a stray kitten I saw at a kopitiam that was so hungry & thirsty that it drank the oil someone put at a datuk kong altar under a tree. But unfortunately, it's no longer there by the time I got there again.

We are talking about our pet cats that are raised like as if they are strays, allowing them to go out and roam like stray cats, get into accidents, bitten by dogs, poisoned and so on.

Aiyoh, maybe we ought to sit down and discuss lor....so much misunderstanding.
Yeah, as the thread owner I feel responsible for such misundertand. This is taken from my previous thread :
To All, perhaps when you are about to feed all the strays, just give a thinker (just a minute of your time) of what will happen to that poor strays, minutes after they leave your feeding bowl. If you're able to do that, please continue to feed them and Godwillling, your good wishes and thought will be fulfilled.
Yg pakcu upset ialah for those yg kononnyer bela domestic cats, tp dok lepas luar mcm strays, bila dah jadi apa2, baru nak nyesal.

Sorry, bahasa campor2. Im not that fluent in English.

To Andy,
Seeking your cooperation, to close this thread. Im done saying what Im supposed to say. Looks like I'm always the one posted controversial thread. Hopefully, this will be the last...thanks.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Pakcu, your English is fluent enough. I understand you. Don't worry. But I think as humans, it's normal that misunderstandings occur.

Because, when one person speaks, 2 people will understand him/her differently. This is very normal, because ape yg kiter understand, kiter understand based on kiter punya background, knowledge dan experience.

So, lain background, knowledge, experience akan interpret lain. That's why it's good to have discussion, because when ade discussion baru boleh kiter faham antara satu sama lain.