Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 10-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Animal Lover

muddno is on a distinguished road
Exclamation need help with my kitty

just found a kitten two days ago. her mom killed by lorry (and the rest of her siblings... poor family...) so i'm taking care of her. this is my first time taking care of a cat. i think she's just 2-3 weeks old. i spoon-fed her milk (nestle omega). now, the thing is i dont know how much should i give her. and to make things worst, my friend 'accidentally' step on her (god knows how much he hate my cat, always purring in the night). now, i cant afford to take her to a vet (how much that will cost me?) but i dnt want to lose that cutie... any suggestions? need help really2 bad...
Old 10-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Animal Lover

clover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: need help with my kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddno View Post
just found a kitten two days ago. her mom killed by lorry (and the rest of her siblings... poor family...) so i'm taking care of her. this is my first time taking care of a cat. i think she's just 2-3 weeks old. i spoon-fed her milk (nestle omega). now, the thing is i dont know how much should i give her. and to make things worst, my friend 'accidentally' step on her (god knows how much he hate my cat, always purring in the night). now, i cant afford to take her to a vet (how much that will cost me?) but i dnt want to lose that cutie... any suggestions? need help really2 bad...

go to www.myanimalcare.org and ask 4 help
Old 10-20-2009, 08:03 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As nobody tries to answer you, let me help you with this one...

1. You said the cat is around 2-3 weeks..meaning the eyes are not yet opened?..Ait..or dah buka?

2. Feeding her human milk is not so wise as most cats cannot tolerate with lactose which will get them to be down with diarrhea... Frequent diarrhea leads to lose of body liquid..leads to death . I have done dat before..and the late kitty lasted only for 4 days.. try to get hold of milk powder for kittens.. Leh beli dari tesco pun... Or baby milk without lactose ( okay now I need another forumer to explain on this because I just know..human milk is a big NO NO..

3.Back to the milk..how much?..Kitten needs to be fed 2 hours once.. (yerp..it's hard to care for them if u dun have the mother).. feeds her as much as she can take .. other alternative is to find 'ibu angkat' with newborn kittens also..

4. Stepped on?..No comment...

5. You can try your best... but without a professional advice.. you may lose him/her... To be save.. invest a lil bit for vet.. get a gov vet..should be cheaper..around RM belas2 if I am not mistaken ( no experience with gov vet..other forumers..help?..) ikut rawatan... If you wanna go to private vet maybe it will be slightly expensive.. starts form Rm30++..ikut rawatan..if you are lucky and end up with a very noble vet who rescues the strays.. you might have the opportunity to save..

Hope dat might help.. Other forumers.. please correct me if I am wrong..
Old 10-20-2009, 08:04 PM
~feline attaché

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover View Post
go to www.myanimalcare.org and ask 4 help
Yerp..Chan Kah Yein might help.. she's good at it..

and another thread for you to refer to.. http://forums.petfinder.my/showthrea...t=jumpa+kucing

Last edited by nurkasih; 10-20-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:

you can also feed it condensed or evaporated milk mixed with a bit of egg york
feed it when it meows[can be also asking you to clean its business]
feed until doesnt want to drink anymore.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:

you can also feed it condensed or evaporated milk mixed with a bit of egg york
feed it when it meows[can be also asking you to clean its business]
feed until doesnt want to drink anymore.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Animal Lover

2-3 weeks old, her ears alrdy up n eyes open. well, that milk is all i got 4 her now. is there any govt vet here in jb? so cats also got lactose intolerant? i'm trying my best, n alrdy got my fren (veterinary student from UPM) to help me with her just now. got some injection (vaccination or something, IDK). hope she'll survive...
Old 10-20-2009, 08:38 PM
~feline attaché

Quote:
2-3 weeks old, her ears alrdy up n eyes open. well, that milk is all i got 4 her now. is there any govt vet here in jb? so cats also got lactose intolerant? i'm trying my best, n alrdy got my fren (veterinary student from UPM) to help me with her just now. got some injection (vaccination or something, IDK). hope she'll survive...
Too young for vaccination dear... U said you got a UPM vet student with you..then he/she should know what to do ya...
Old 10-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Animal Lover

btw, the "reply with quote" at the end of my 1st post, IDK how it got there. no need to quote. thanx for all your support!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Animal Lover

yeah, she really2 knows her stuff. maybe kitty will survive!!! (even after getting stepped by a ~130kg friend...). btw, this is my 1st time with a cat. really2 excited!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Animal Lover

sadly, the kitty is gone now. my fren said she got some kind of fluid accumulating on her skull, maybe the effect of being stepped by that giant foot... i'm gonna miss her, its a really good 2 days...
Old 10-21-2009, 12:48 AM
Cat Lover

azraf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to azraf

Alahai, kesiannya. My she and her family rest in peace.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:00 AM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
sadly, the kitty is gone now. my fren said she got some kind of fluid accumulating on her skull, maybe the effect of being stepped by that giant foot... i'm gonna miss her, its a really good 2 days...
OMG...so sorry to know about that little kitty...but hey, u still have the other one right? Feed her/him with lots of milk (kitty milk) & lots of TLC, k!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:48 PM
PetFinder Buddy

venez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to venez

hi, i'm new here n just wanna share bout veting the kitties, if u go for gov vet clinic, it only cost u around rm10 but if u go to private vet clinic, it will cost u around rm30-45.. last time when i go n ask for vet my kitties, the doc ask me to bring it after 2-3 month of age... about their milk, i giv them fresh milk n powder milk for kitties that i bought from pet shop, the powder milk are quite expensive (rm30 per 300 gram if i'm not mistaken)...
Old 10-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Cat Lover

naq1989 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to naq1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by venez View Post
hi, i'm new here n just wanna share bout veting the kitties, if u go for gov vet clinic, it only cost u around rm10 but if u go to private vet clinic, it will cost u around rm30-45.. last time when i go n ask for vet my kitties, the doc ask me to bring it after 2-3 month of age... about their milk, i giv them fresh milk n powder milk for kitties that i bought from pet shop, the powder milk are quite expensive (rm30 per 300 gram if i'm not mistaken)...

ha?rm10?btul ke?sbb klu gov vet kat cheras,rm30 klu tak silap...tak pernah lg dengar vaksin semurah rm10...tp kalau injection untuk kurap mmg harga rm10-15
Old 10-21-2009, 02:06 PM
PetFinder Buddy

venez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to venez

Quote:
Originally Posted by naq1989 View Post
ha?rm10?btul ke?sbb klu gov vet kat cheras,rm30 klu tak silap...tak pernah lg dengar vaksin semurah rm10...tp kalau injection untuk kurap mmg harga rm10-15
yup, rm10 kat klinik haiwan rawang, last time my brother bawak kucing dia kesana... tapi bukak opis hour jerk, so nak xnak kenaler kawe hantar ke petshop for rm45...
Old 10-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Animal Lover

eh, no. that's the only one that survive the 'massacre'. i dont have other cat. nak bela, tp takot xtermampu... dulu ade la stray yg dtg umah. dah bg makn, mandikan, tido skali, tetibe je ilang. mane tah merayau...