Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 03-02-2009, 09:53 PM
PetFinder Buddy

JScott is on a distinguished road
Default Penang: Apartment Residents Complaining->Stray Dogs Must Be Shot

Recently the residents of the Twin tower apartments in Tanjung Bungah, have complaint about the stray dogs living around their area. It used to be a jungle but now several apartments surround the area.

They say the dogs bark a lot at night and are causing disturbance to the peace. I've checked it out, and I found that the dogs only bark if people INVADE their territory and the bark doesn't last long. And it's dead quiet at night. I assume the barkings could be coming from dogs living IN the apartment units and not just from the strays. But they're blaming it on the strays as they are ownerless and are mongrels.

The residents have said that they ARE GOING TO CALL SPCA TO SHOOT ALL OF THEM as the dogs are deemed a "public nuisance".

URGENT: So if anyone who has the space to home/foster these strays please drop by and pick them up so that they wont be put down just because they are not pedigrees and also because they are strays due to human negligence.

The residents of the apartment has filed a written complaint to the management of the Twin Towers apartment requesting that a dog shooter be called in to kill all the dogs AS SOON AS POSSIBLE as they claim that the female dogs were very noisy at 4pm-5pm today (3rd March 2009).

I do not know how true this is but I wonder how do they know that it is the female dogs that were being noisy? Did they go right out of their apartments and walk towards the dogs to see?

Last edited by JScott; 03-02-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Penang: Apartment Residents Complaining->Stray Dogs Must Be Shot

JScott,
is this Ratu? we have a unit there. but haven't visited penang for some time now, so don't know what's the condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScott View Post
Recently the residents of the Twin tower apartments in Tanjung Bungah, have complaint about the stray dogs living around their area. It used to be a jungle but now several apartments surround the area.

They say the dogs bark a lot at night and are causing disturbance to the peace. I've checked it out, and I found that the dogs only bark if people INVADE their territory and the bark doesn't last long. And it's dead quiet at night. I assume the barkings could be coming from dogs living IN the apartment units and not just from the strays. But they're blaming it on the strays as they are ownerless and are mongrels.

The residents have said that they ARE GOING TO CALL SPCA TO SHOOT ALL OF THEM as the dogs are deemed a "public nuisance".

So if anyone who has the space to home these strays please drop by and pick them up so that they wont be put down just because they are not pedigrees and also because they are strays due to human negligence.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:14 PM
PetFinder Buddy

No it is not ratu. Its Twin Towers Near ratu opposite the Straights Regency somewhere there
Old 03-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

oh, ok, thanks. hope you find some people to help. poor dogs. they deserve to be left alone to live as they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScott View Post
No it is not ratu. Its Twin Towers Near ratu opposite the Straights Regency somewhere there
Old 03-02-2009, 11:20 PM
PetFinder Guru

meira is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to meira

my fren yg dekat penang said..ade one day tu his father pegi tangkap all the anjing liar..die dpt tangkap dlm 5 ekor and pegi jual those dogs dekat kedai mkn.they pay him around rm1k.

i tatau plak dekat malaysia bole cook dog.i tot illegal..hmm..cepat2 la sape yg bole rescue the dogs tu.kesian derang.nnt kene tembak.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:27 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Meira: Eating dog meat is illegal in Msia so they disguise the name of the dog meat with numbers, the area that used to have a lot of these things used to be at Rope Walk (Pintal Tali road).

Blackie: I think if we TNR (Trap, Neuter & Release) them back to their original place, they'll be quieter and will cause less problems. The thing is, we dont have any proper catching equipment and these dogs are scared to death of people... It will take awhile for them to gain our trusts and approach us.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:57 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Jscott,
Need any help for rehome, let me know. I going find someone. Need give me full detail.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.