Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Jobs & Vacancies

Jobs & Vacancies Check here for the latest job openings in pet-related sectors

Old 08-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Animal Lover

shayne is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb FLUFF Pet Store is Hiring~~~

A Place Where We Pet Lovers Called HOME

Yes, we are coming back! FLUFF Pet Store is re-opening this coming sept 09 at Bukit Jalil and we are looking for some passionate pet lovers to join our big family.

1. Shop Assistant - Full Time/Part Time (3 positions)
2. Groomer - Full Time (1 position)

A brief introduction of FLUFF. We are a believer of giving a portion back to charity, to help the helpless animals while doing business. FLUFF adopted a blind Yorkshire Terrier - Columbus, a long coat Chihuahua with heart problem which needs costly long term medication - April and we do intend to do more. Hence, to join us, you must possess a heart of gold, taking care of pets are the priority of our pet store. We cannot miss any medication timing, we must groom all our pets daily, making sure the environment of the shop is clean, including sweeping, mopping floors, cleaning up toilets, picking up poo and wiping pee. We must not in anyway be afraid of doing dirty jobs.

We strive to equip ourselves with good knowledge to guide our customers for better upbringing of their pets. All our puppies for sale will be pad-trained and we teach our customers how to train their dogs on wee wee pads like us, instead of caging them, we guide them in selecting meaningful and good products, and teach them how to differentiate it, not blindly telling them which we think is good.

Besides the ordinary retail area, we are buiding up a shelter in co-operating with PETSTER. As what in plan, Petster Rescue Team will go down to the street to help those homeless/abandoned pets and this shelter will act as a temporary home for them. We are also setting up a charity fund to help those pets which is in emergency medical needs.

To bring-on our gathering culture, we are now trying to convince all the restaurants/shops nearby to be a pet friendly place, we all like to eat-out with our furkids, don't we? And, there is a nice shady park nearby our shop within walking distance, we can always have outdoor gathering there and yes, you can bring large breed this time!

The most interesting part of our new FLUFF - Drive-Thru Grooming for people with tight schedule or those who just don't want to waste their time in finding available parking lots. Well, my boss say we better keep this as mystery as possible 1st before the official opening day. No joke, this is really a fun idea and i think you should come and experience it yourself.

Overall, we are a fun team! You will definitely enjoy working with us provided you follow our culture. When we work, we work hard; when we play, we play harder! Simply means that we expect our staffs to concentrate and put all in during working hours, remember what position are we in, respect the seniors, take good care of the shop. Once after work, we can go as crazy as we want to.

Who are we looking for?

 A pet lover and highly enthusiastic to talk and learn about anything related to pets.
 A highly motivated person who always being fun and energetic; optimistic and open minded.
 Possess the ability and desire to improve yourself and the shop itself.
 A person with excellent communication skills.
 A confident and determined approach when approaching our customers.
 Able to work independently and as part of a team.
 Ability to differentiate FLUFF from the competitive market.
 Will always be well prepared i.e. information of products, knowledge of pets.
 Understand that all tasks are important irregardless whether it is a cleaning job or an office work or loving the pets.
 Be responsible on tasks given, punctual, stick to promises.
 Understands the importance of customer, they are not an interuption of our jobs, they are giving us a chance to serve them.
 MUST LOVE PETS!

FLUFF is a Pet Version of 7-Eleven, opening 7 days a week, 11am-11pm.

Interested party, please send in your resume including your working experience, current and expected salary to fluffpetstore@gmail.com

SMS 017-385 2488 once sent e-mail then we shall meet up for an interview.

Thank you.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Animal Lover

shelby is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FLUFF Pet Store is Hiring~~~

Hi,

My name is Shelby Coulson and I am a 17 year old graduate from Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School. I am very interested in a job at your store. I am an animal lover, i have been around animals all my life. I would be a great asset to your store, I absoloutely love animals and anything to do with them. I am hoping to be a vet tech in the future as I am going to school for it next year. It would mean alot if you would look over my resume attached. I am a highly motivated worker and can handle anything you would throw at me.

Thanks,

Shelby Coulson

SHELBY COULSON
2580 Andover Road • Oakville • Ontario • L6H 6C4
(905) 257-1874

August 14, 2009

Dear Sir/Madame;

I am a graduate student from Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School and I am interested in a part-time/full-time job with your company. Enclosed is my resume for your review and consideration.

I feel I would be a valuable asset to your business for many reasons. I am a highly motivated worker and have well developed interpersonal and communication skills. My enthusiastic attitude allows me to contribute positive characteristics in teamwork environments. I am able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. I am self-motivated, and display a mature attitude while completing tasks without supervision. I offer excellent problem-solving skills, and enjoy providing assistance and help to others. My willingness to work attentively and accept extra tasks is always appreciated.

I look forward to meeting you at your convenience to further discuss my qualifications. Please do not hesitate to contact me if any additional information is required. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Shelby Coulson

SHELBY COULSON
2580 Andover Road • Oakville • Ontario • L6H 6C4
(905) 257-1874

Skills and Abilities

• Work cooperatively and efficiently with people
• Respectful and courteous manners
• Self-motivated individual
• A quick-learner; can be depended upon to complete tasks without supervision
• Very outgoing, and work well in a fast-paced environment
• Extremely reliable and trustworthy
• Strong organizational skills

Education

2005 – 2009 Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School

Awards and Accomplishments

• Obtained many trophies and medals for accomplishments in Soccer, Track and Hockey
• Completed Volunteer hours in a variety of fields

Interests and Hobbies

• Played high level soccer for the past 10 years, including high school
• Competed in Irish dancing for 5 years (Goggin-Carroll School of Irish Dance)
• I enjoy participating in recreational sports such as hockey, track and field, soccer, and volleyball

Employment History

2003 - 2004 Babysitter  Monitor and care for young children
 Perform first aid, prepare food
 Entertain children

Summer 2005 Landscaping  Help part-time with landscaping duties

Summer 2006 Office Help  Filed paper work
 Cleaned office
 Answered phone calls

2007 - 2009 Retail (Petcetera)  Worked as cashier
 Promoted to Key holder
 Cared for animals and their surroundings
 Trained new employees