Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 09-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default My Peterpan broke his leg

yeah,I agree with you.but the problem was, each of the cat fighting for my attention.pengsan woh!! this coming raya have to leave them again.ayoyoyoh!!! my hubby kata Peterpan tambah jahat because he go and whacked the rest of the cats.balas dendam kot.he!!he!!he!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
I think I know what happened....you're experiencing the same thing I did with Blackie.

I don't know about you, but I've never left Blackie before. So, that was a first for him, and I read up on what caused his change of behaviour. It seems that the cats felt insecure, and traumatized, too, when left alone. Yes, people can come and feed them, clean litter box, etc., but these are not their owners. So, the trauma of being left alone changed them...they are afraid of being left alone again, and perhaps this time forever.

When I learned that, I promised myself I'm never going to leave Blackie alone ever again.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: My Peterpan broke his leg

Oh my, oh my...notty PeterPan. he's so sweet and cute, cannot imagine him whacking other cats, hahahaha.

hmm....cannot take them to KK with u ke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
yeah,I agree with you.but the problem was, each of the cat fighting for my attention.pengsan woh!! this coming raya have to leave them again.ayoyoyoh!!! my hubby kata Peterpan tambah jahat because he go and whacked the rest of the cats.balas dendam kot.he!!he!!he!!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Animal Lover

yeah,I can't believe my ear too when my hubby said that.how can my sweet Peterpan become so nasty now?? but later that nite I saw how he walloped Pokemon and Oni just because they want me to cuddle them.terkejutnya aku!!!

cannot,have to go through the procedure ler.kena kuarantin and all otherwise I'll take all of them with me.

Quote:
Oh my, oh my...notty PeterPan. he's so sweet and cute, cannot imagine him whacking other cats, hahahaha.

hmm....cannot take them to KK with u ke?
Old 09-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Eh?? Within Malaysia pun mesti kuarantin? Err, KK is considered domestic flight, isn't it? U don't need passport, rite? So how come must be quarantined if taking domestic flight?? Oh dear, I know I sound stupid, but I don't get it.

Quote:
yeah,I can't believe my ear too when my hubby said that.how can my sweet Peterpan become so nasty now?? but later that nite I saw how he walloped Pokemon and Oni just because they want me to cuddle them.terkejutnya aku!!!

cannot,have to go through the procedure ler.kena kuarantin and all otherwise I'll take all of them with me.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Animal Lover

tak taulah.ari tu Imann kata within Sabah lain,within Sabah,Semenanjung and Sarawak pun lain.I also dunno what is wrong with our policy.satu malaysia blh ada 10 law utk 3 states.

Quote:
Eh?? Within Malaysia pun mesti kuarantin? Err, KK is considered domestic flight, isn't it? U don't need passport, rite? So how come must be quarantined if taking domestic flight?? Oh dear, I know I sound stupid, but I don't get it.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Aku geram betul semalam dgn si Peterpan.nakalnya bukan main.dok kacau aku saja seharian.dahlah tu dia pigi hantam si Pokemon everytime Pokemon nak manja2 dgn aku.Peterpan marah dan jealous klu Pokemon atau kucing lain nak manja dgn aku.dia saja yg boleh manja2 dan dipeluk2 oleh aku. semalam aku dokong Pokemon, Peterpan dtg dan gigit kaki aku.not his usual behaviour.
Quote:
I'm at my wits end dgn Peterpan ni.until today he still won't allowed me to petted and manja2 with Pokemon.so to solve the problem I put Pokemon on my left lap and Peterpan on my right lap and use both my hands to stroke them.adus!!! cramped kaki.
Quote:
What next Charlene?? feninglah kepala.this pass few days Pokemon and Peterpan gave me and my hubby headache.This morning 3 pagi durang dok gaduh depan pintu bilik aku (which is of course closelah).itu dua ekor lawan2 dan banting2 badan,mengiau giau smp kita org tak boleh tido.finally I open the door and put both of them in the cage.baru dpt tido.every nite like datlah but last nite was the worst fight.
Quote:
It has to do with my Perth trip.While I was away,my cat sitter told me that cats messed up the house which is very unsual because they are all well behave cat.They never kacau our stuff.They only run and jump here and there but never smash anything in the house.My kettle jatuh,plastic plates durang ksh jatuh,(luckily I put kaca piring and gelas dlm cabinet) brg2 on the shelf pun jatuh.berak dlm rumah when they have litter box cleaned twice a day. Ever since I came back from Perth,ALL of them wants our attention,wants to be extra cuddle,miaw sana miaw sini smp kami pun feninglah Charlene. Peterpan yg paling extra vocal and garang dgn kucing lain that tried to manja with us.
Quote:
Quote:
PP behaviour biasa, June, he is emerging as the Alpha of the group, as they get older.

Adult cats generally become more independent of each other. They will sleep together as a heap of kittens but as they get older, they seek their own private space. That is why now I partition one cage space (compartment) for each cat, complete with water/food bowl and newspaper litter box.

You need to be very careful how you behave with the non-alphas to prevent them from being wrongfully bashed up by the alpha which will interprete our lack of hierarchy awareness as their (the other cats') challenge of his hierarchy position and supremacy, much like the lions. Always acknowledge the alpha first. Do not stroke or manja the non-alphas in front of the alpha otherwise that innocent fella is going to get bashed up good. You need to feed the alpha first before everyone else too.

If you ignore your alpha, he/she will bash up the others and jump at you and give your leg a good bite too as reminder! Ouch!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Animal Lover

Brader,even after I manja manja Peterpan first,he got jealous when I stroke the rest.dia tak sukalah.everytime pun mcm tu.huh!!! fening lah aku mcm ni. he got his own bed/mat to sleep.makan no problem,they eat together tp bila time nak sayang2 tu he become agressive.fening!!fening!!!

1 problem selesai another problem datang

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
PP behaviour biasa, June, he is emerging as the Alpha of the group, as they get older.

Adult cats generally become more independent of each other. They will sleep together as a heap of kittens but as they get older, they seek their own private space. That is why now I partition one cage space (compartment) for each cat, complete with water/food bowl and newspaper litter box.

You need to be very careful how you behave with the non-alphas to prevent them from being wrongfully bashed up by the alpha which will interprete our lack of hierarchy awareness as their (the other cats') challenge of his hierarchy position and supremacy, much like the lions. Always acknowledge the alpha first. Do not stroke or manja the non-alphas in front of the alpha otherwise that innocent fella is going to get bashed up good. You need to feed the alpha first before everyone else too.

If you ignore your alpha, he/she will bash up the others and jump at you and give your leg a good bite too as reminder! Ouch!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Petfinder Moderator

OMG, is this true? And furkids, can there be an alpha in a sole male cat household? my blackie is the only cat, but he is also behaving like an alpha, too.

do you think he thinks we are kitties, too? but maybe inferior kitties becos we have only 2 legs??!!

u see, last night he beat my hubby, and they both had a good quarrel together.

no, blackie didn't hiss or growl, just meowed loudly in his response to my hubby telling him that he can't beat the master of the house. hubby said one word, he meowed one meow, and it just continue, the 2 of them quarrelling with each other.

Quote:

Old 09-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Brader,even after I manja manja Peterpan first,he got jealous when I stroke the rest.dia tak sukalah.everytime pun mcm tu.huh!!! fening lah aku mcm ni. he got his own bed/mat to sleep.makan no problem,they eat together tp bila time nak sayang2 tu he become agressive.fening!!fening!!!
Hahahaaaa!!! Yes, June, it is like that one ...

My experience macam nie ...

As you guys know, my own Alpha (status warganegara - IC very biru de one) is the black/white tux setampik stampok (your sexy favret). Then, one of our friends passed away and left 11 orphans which all migrated over to my house (PR status - IC merah one). The huge alpha male took over alphaship .

There is another young male in this group (my group is mostly girls ) and he will never come manja to be petted if the male alpha is around. If I go near him, he will retreat. If I insist on petting him before he manages to get away, the alpha male will always come and sondol his kefala and monopolise me. If I continue to pet the retreating young male, the male alpha will jump on and attack the poor terrified guy.

Poor dumb me quickly learned how to avoid this situation. Adoi! I had been under the impression that cats are not pack animals like dogs and the hierarchy is not so distinct but huh! huh! I am observing and learning FAST!

That is why we cat lovers need to read a lot of NEW stuffs and findings. You see, previously dogs were No. 1 household pets and much research and studies were on dogs and cats were treated like little dogs.

But cats have since fast caught on to be the most popular household pet as more and more people start living in flats and condominiums and cats suit this new lifestyle and arrangement very well.

Only in the last 10 years or so a lot of new knowledge and facts on cats have emerged through studies and research and we now know that cats are very, very different from dogs. Many beliefs about cats have now been discovered to be false.

One example is the belief that fish is good for cats. Alarm bells are ringing now because majority of commercial cat food are made from fish to save cost and the health of cats will be badly affected.

Anyway, back to our discussion on the "alpha issue", the younger male is only his relaxed and manja self when the alpha male is nowhere to be seen (he goes back to his old home once in a while and does his patrol duties - he does not spray though because he has long been neutered).

So, I find that I can only cuddle the heir-apparent when the king is not around! I can cuddle any of the girls though.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
OMG, is this true? And furkids, can there be an alpha in a sole male cat household? my blackie is the only cat, but he is also behaving like an alpha, too.

do you think he thinks we are kitties, too? but maybe inferior kitties becos we have only 2 legs??!!

u see, last night he beat my hubby, and they both had a good quarrel together.

no, blackie didn't hiss or growl, just meowed loudly in his response to my hubby telling him that he can't beat the master of the house. hubby said one word, he meowed one meow, and it just continue, the 2 of them quarrelling with each other.
Yes, Blackie! But the alpha can also be a female, you know ... but they accept only one of us (in my case, me and in your case, you I think, not your hubby ) as their precious and beloved mother cat .... and they will compete and guard you jealously as their "possession" much like "territory" ... heheheheeee!!! You hubby can only hug you behind bedroom doors la if your cat is sooooooooooo very de jeles one ....
Old 09-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Wow, there's so much to learn. i didn't know females can also be alphas.

hahaha, so the "precious and mother cat" is their possession and territory ah?

is that why he also chose to sleep on my side of bed and never on my hubby's? my hubby noticed that. and he opens my side of the wardrobe and rumples around (lie down) on my clothes, leaving his scent on them, but never tries to open my hubby's side of wardrobe....OMG....is this why?

but cute la, i think (the behaviour, i mean).....

Quote:
Yes, Blackie! But the alpha can also be a female, you know ... but they accept only one of us (in my case, me and in your case, you I think, not your hubby ) as their precious and beloved mother cat .... and they will compete and guard you jealously as their "possession" much like "territory" ... heheheheeee!!! You hubby can only hug you behind bedroom doors la if your cat is sooooooooooo very de jeles one ....
Old 09-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Wow, there's so much to learn. i didn't know females can also be alphas.

hahaha, so the "precious and mother cat" is their possession and territory ah?

is that why he also chose to sleep on my side of bed and never on my hubby's? my hubby noticed that. and he opens my side of the wardrobe and rumples around (lie down) on my clothes, leaving his scent on them, but never tries to open my hubby's side of wardrobe....OMG....is this why?

but cute la, i think (the behaviour, i mean).....
Dat's right, my dear ... he is sending his message out to the whole world that you are HIS mummy cat ... HIS (rub!), HIS (rub!), HIS (rub!) ... hahahahahaaaa!!!!

... better tell your poor hubby not to challenge (meow) him ... nanti he gets frustrated and sprays you with his urine to give your hubby (and the whole world) a much, much LOUDER message ...
Old 09-24-2008, 08:49 PM
PetFinder Guru

sarahseben is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: My Peterpan broke his leg

this bag is supercool!! ala paris hilton's bag with her chihuahua

baru ada gaya sket nak bawak kucing..i asyik gune cage yang serba senget tu jer

Quote:
Mine is like this, blue colour, but has 2 backpack straps. Klu tak malas, nanti I retrieve the bag and take a pic....it's kept somewhere in blackie's room. It's very comfortable to wear like a backpack, and your cats will feel very safe as they are up there on your back, and wandering dogs would not come close to them.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:10 AM
Petfinder Moderator

OMG.....Scary....

Quote:
Dat's right, my dear ... he is sending his message out to the whole world that you are HIS mummy cat ... HIS (rub!), HIS (rub!), HIS (rub!) ... hahahahahaaaa!!!!

... better tell your poor hubby not to challenge (meow) him ... nanti he gets frustrated and sprays you with his urine to give your hubby (and the whole world) a much, much LOUDER message ...
Old 09-25-2008, 08:38 AM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Posted by FurKids, nanti he gets frustrated and sprays you with his urine to give your hubby (and the whole world) a much, much LOUDER message
Quote:
blackie007, OMG.....Scary....
Blackie, I have been sprayed before by Cookie, my late crossed-eyed (avatar). So did my brother, his wife and children. After a while, with anticipation we managed to run before the spraying started. But secretly I was flattered . My colleagues at that time had a real good laugh and looked at me from a different point of view. I became the property of my cat.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Animal Lover

I have never been spray by all my cats.Makes me wonder why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Blackie, I have been sprayed before by Cookie, my late crossed-eyed (avatar). So did my brother, his wife and children. After a while, with anticipation we managed to run before the spraying started. But secretly I was flattered . My colleagues at that time had a real good laugh and looked at me from a different point of view. I became the property of my cat.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Petfinder Moderator

i laughed when i read that with practise, u guys anticipated the sprayings and ran away before it started.....lol.....oh dear, oh dear....I don't think I'd like to be 'marked' in this manner....no, no thank u..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
OMG, i hope u're not secretly sad that your cats never sprayed u?

I'll pass on being marked in this manner....hehe.
Quote:
I have never been spray by all my cats.Makes me wonder why.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Animal Lover

hah!!hah!! not sad but now start wondering weather my cats normal or not

OMG, i hope u're not secretly sad that your cats never sprayed u?

I'll pass on being marked in this manner....hehe.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Petfinder Moderator

perfectly, don't worry....i'm so glad blackie is not marking his territory this way. i had read of that when i was doing research on how to care for newborn orphan kitties, and thot that if blackie started spraying, i'll have to neuter him. i don't really want to neuter him, u see, as he's the only cat here & he doesn't go out and cari girlfriends (100% indoor cat), so i don't see why he needs to be made a eunuch...

Quote:
hah!!hah!! not sad but now start wondering weather my cats normal or not
Old 09-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Animal Lover

He think he still a babylah.hah!!hah!!hah!!

honestly,I dunno why non of my cat spray me or my hubby.I must find out why.

Quote:
perfectly, don't worry....i'm so glad blackie is not marking his territory this way. i had read of that when i was doing research on how to care for newborn orphan kitties, and thot that if blackie started spraying, i'll have to neuter him. i don't really want to neuter him, u see, as he's the only cat here & he doesn't go out and cari girlfriends (100% indoor cat), so i don't see why he needs to be made a eunuch...