Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Animal Lover

nynakayle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nynakayle
Exclamation DBKL Animal Cruelty

Dear Friends ,

If you are an animal lover, please watch TV3’s 999 show @ 9pm on Thurs, Feb 5 (Or later,via TV3’s Catch Up Tv @ their website>

www.tv3.com.my).

They are to expose a certain organization who taunts and abuses the poor, powerless animals maliciously before killing them.

Do spread the news.Thanks!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Please watch TV3’s 999 show @ 9pm,Thurs Feb 5

tks Nynakayle.mesti tgk this programme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynakayle View Post
Dear Friends ,

If you are an animal lover, please watch TV3’s 999 show @ 9pm on Thurs, Feb 5 (Or later,via TV3’s Catch Up Tv @ their website>

www.tv3.com.my).

They are to expose a certain organization who taunts and abuses the poor, powerless animals maliciously before killing them.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Animal Lover

Ramin is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Please watch TV3’s 999 show @ 9pm,Thurs Feb 5

Dear nynakayle, the TV3 show tonight is 360 and not 999.

360 brings to light social issues, whereas 999 focuses crime.

Quote:
Dear Friends ,

www.tv3.com.my).

Old 02-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Cat's Love

shanim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to shanim Send a message via Yahoo to shanim
Default Re: Please watch TV3’s 999 show @ 9pm,Thurs Feb 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramin View Post

EH.. BETUL LA.. 9/2/09 - THU untuk 999
8/2/09 - WED untuk 360

pe kes lak dlm 999 nie ek..

Last edited by shanim; 02-04-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: WRONG ENTER
Old 02-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Animal Lover

Aha...My message is perfectly clear, Ramin. Perhaps you overlooked/miscalculate the date.Nevertheless, watch!May all of us can do something abt it after seeing it.

Cheers!

PS:- Thanks Shanim!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Animal Lover

Alamak...so sorry people..It was on 360, last night. But never mind, there will be part 2 of the story and you still can catch the Part 1 via TV3's Catch Up TV>
www.tv3.com.my

PS:- The mean people who tortured the strays are D*KL! I knew it's going to brought up attention since I witnessed they lasso a frightened escaped puppy and dragged it across the hot tar road. I couldn't tell the assholic off since he's the big burly bouncer type!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:15 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

hi!
i watched the show last night but only understood a little bit.. can someone please summarize what they said for me? i don't understand malay..

all i understood was that the atrocities took place at dbkl's setapak dog pound..

and i saw the video clip of that bastard dragging the dead dog by its neck..
Old 02-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Animal Rescuer

t.ruth is on a distinguished road

anyone know about the peaceful gathering on this issue planned for this Saturday, 11.30 am at the Setapak DBKL dog pound? Need to know who organize it and whether it's truly on.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Please watch TV3’s 999 show @ 9pm,Thurs Feb 5

Really,no idea.Wonder if the still open for neutering process this Saturday if peaceful gathering take place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.ruth View Post
anyone know about the peaceful gathering on this issue planned for this Saturday, 11.30 am at the Setapak DBKL dog pound? Need to know who organize it and whether it's truly on.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Animal Lover

Ramin is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Please watch TV3’s 999 show @ 9pm,Thurs Feb 5

Hi nynakayle (& shanim), the show was on 360 (which covers social issues) last night and not 999 (which is about crime). So, please don't take it the wrong way as I'm only trying to correct the misinformation so that no one misses it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramin View Post

Quote:
Dear Friends ,

www.tv3.com.my).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanim View Post
EH.. BETUL LA.. 9/2/09 - THU untuk 999
8/2/09 - WED untuk 360

pe kes lak dlm 999 nie ek..
Quote:
Aha...My message is perfectly clear, Ramin. Perhaps you overlooked/miscalculate the date.Nevertheless, watch!May all of us can do something abt it after seeing it.

Cheers!

PS:- Thanks Shanim!

Quote:
Hi t.ruth, this was the e-mail I received from malaysiandogsdeservebetter2@gmail.com about it. And I think there's an article in the Malay Mail newspaper today about this as well?
http://www.mmail.com.my/Animal_torture_chamber.aspx

Quote:
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 22:27:02 +0800
Subject: We have to stop this!
To: ramin@hotmail.com;

Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better and friends are thinking of holding a peaceful protest outside the DBKL dog pound in Setapak this Saturday at about 11.00am.

This is to protest over the ghastly and cruel way stray dogs and cats are killed at the pound. If you had watched 360 Degrees on Wednesday night over TV3, you would have seen how these dastardly individuals who call themselves human beings broke the dogs' necks and dragged them around until they died.

We have to show the authorities that we, as tax payers, will not condone such brutality.

Your support is important. Please respond if you will be able to make it.

Unless we put our foot down, stray dogs and cats will continue to suffer under these beasts.

Write to: malaysiandogsdeservebetter@gmail.com
if you are interested in participating.

Last edited by Ramin; 02-05-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

Ugh. I couldn't stand watching the first few minutes of the clip.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:44 PM
User Account Terminated

Jeffrey Read is an unknown quantity at this point

nynakayle,
Are you trying to say that there will be Part 2 of animal cruelty on 360 despite after what was aired yesterday?

lynielime,
The first visual on animal cruelty shown on 360 was from You Tube, which was kinda of irrelevant here since that did not happen in Malaysia soil but in another foreign country.

Two ladies were interviewed by 360 and this is what they had to say in jist; minus the juices ...
Lady 1: Witnessed cats being drowned in water and if that did not work, the cats will be clubbed to death ...
Lady 2: Witnessed dogs being killed simply by breaking the vertebrae with a noose ...

The visual on the dog pound showed a dead dog being dragged at the end of a noose before being released. Based on the visual which I recorded & screened INTENTLY twice, all I can deduce is there was dead dog was being removed or moved. That identical clip was repeated a couple of times. Not that I saying animal lovers claims are untrue but hearsay is not admissable under any court of law on any claims of cruelty.

So with all the planned protests etc ... but what good is that ever going to bring? Everything will be forgotten in a month & sadly the cycles repeats itself. Aren't Malaysians bored with the constant repetition in the dailies and with the government or opposition shortfalls? Things are constantly being played like a broken record on a daily basis.

This reminds me of the statement made by the IGP over the computer chip heist and the suspects sometime ago. The case is considered SOLVED and since there is no evidence incriminating the suspects, all are released until further action or no further action, I cannot recall exactly! Another case SOLVED! Syabas to the police on the heist & 360 on animal cruelty??? Perhaps it would be better if 360 replicated what Oprah did earlier.

If I was the organizer of the protest or even the protester nearby the dog pound, what I would do is to capture visuals real time on animal cruelty and try to expose it over national tv. Wouldn't that be more fruitful, instead of making allegations without any form of evidence? Bear in mind, this is within context of what is shown on 360on Feb 4. If anyone decides otherwise based on other reasons known only to that person, then that person had completely missed the boat!

Oh yes, can't wait for part 2 to come on air, I can only wonder what is next based on my vivid imagination. ;-)

Something off topic on a lighter note ...
New intelligent multi-billion $ CIQ complex at Johor, more like "See I Queue" complex....
Our $7billion stimulus package on fighting global recession, more like kasi "Steam U & Us" only....

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-07-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Animal Rescuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.lya View Post
Ugh. I couldn't stand watching the first few minutes of the clip.
Hi, how do u get to the clip? been to tv3 website but can't seem to get to it.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi, how do u get to the clip? been to tv3 website but can't seem to get to it.
I watched the clip during the 360 show (9pm) at TV3 yesterday. They showed a clip of animal abuse they obtained from YouTube. It was just a 'preview' though. I still couldn't sit down and fully watch it. >_>
Old 02-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Animal Lover

tanuki is on a distinguished road
Default Peaceful protest against DBKL's animal brutalities

I found this posting and would like to share this.

Quote:

THE CASE

Our very own city council, Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (DBKL), has been committing horrendous acts of brutality to cats and dogs at their pound in Setapak.

THE REPORTS

This case has been reported on investigative news show '360' on TV3 last night (9pm, 4th Feb) and The Malay Mail today (Thursday 5th Feb, page 13)

Go to the Malay Mail article here:

Go to the 360 segment here (in Malay):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhfgsxRcUGg
Watch from 1:18 - 5:02, note the dog still breathing at 4:54

THE PROTEST

There will be a peaceful gathering at the DBKL pound in Setapak THIS WEEKEND to protest against this case. The media has been alerted too.

DATE: Saturday, 7th February 2009
TIME: 11:00am
VENUE:
Pusat Kurungan Haiwan DBKL / DBKL Health Department Pound
Off Jalan Air Jerneh
Kampung Air Kuning
Air Panas, Setapak
53300 Kuala Lumpur

Google map is available at http://tinyurl.com/dbklpound

If you feel strongly about animal welfare in Malaysia, please spare some time to attend. We need to let our government know that such attitudes and behavior towards strays is completely unacceptable.

If you are interested in participating, email malaysiandogsdeservebetter@gmail.com

Thank you so much for the support, and spread the word!

Davina

Please attend to show that this is not the way to curb strays and this does not set a good example to people and the younger generations!

Last edited by tanuki; 02-06-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Animal Lover

Question Re: Please watch TV3’s 999 show @ 9pm,Thurs Feb 5

[QUOTE=Jeffrey Read;30395]nynakayle,
Are you trying to say that there will be Part 2 of animal cruelty on 360 despite after what was aired yesterday?

Yes JR.That's what the host said.

Ramin,
Hey no worries.I too got confused.I didn't know Mazidul hosts 2 shows that is somehow similar. (I rarely watch TV and saw the trailer of 360 highlights by chance on Tues nite).

Are you all going to the protest?!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Animal Lover

Vee20 is on a distinguished road
Default DBKL Animal Cruelty

The Malaysian investigation show ''360 Degrees'' highlighted Kuala Lumpur City Hall's (DBKL) alleged dog bashing and cat drowning at their animal pound, on TV3. This was aired at 9pm on Wednesday, 4th February 2009.

This piece of evidence just shows that our country is no less 'uncivilized' than other countries that abuse animals.

Video links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhfgsxRcUGg

or

Note:

There will be a peaceful gathering at the DBKL pound in Setapak THIS WEEKEND to protest against this case.

DATE: Saturday, 7th February 2009
TIME: 11:00am
VENUE:
Pusat Kurungan Haiwan DBKL / DBKL Health Department Pound
Off Jalan Air Jerneh
Kampung Air Kuning
Air Panas, Setapak
53300 Kuala Lumpur

The map: http://tinyurl.com/dbklpound

Please come, and spread the word to as many people as you can! Thank you!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 PM
User Account Terminated

Jeffrey Read is an unknown quantity at this point

nynakayle,

Can't wait for next week to see the host crash & burn. Thats entertainment I guess in the modern world.

Me? Protesting & get clubbed by FRU? So much for peace, huh!! I thought I had given my thoughts on protesting. Police & I don't get along very well, so its best that we stay far apart as possible. There was a movie which related police to bad omen. So when you have police around, its obviously a damn not good sign uhh.

If anyone is going for the peaceful gathering, snap some pictures will ya and post them here. I do not know if the police will be ready for the gathering, any case stay from a distant and ZOOM in on the action. Who knows you might thank your lucky stars for reading this.

Will check the afternoon news to see if the protesters got themselves a slice of the news. Good Luck ;-)

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-06-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Animal Rescuer

Default Re: DBKL Animal Cruelty

This is not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last that DBKL is committing these kind of atrocities on animals. We have seen them in action and once I tried to take pictures. They must have plenty of skeletons to hide because they scolded me.

I firmly believe that DBKL officers and their contractors should be charged under the Animal Cruelty Act, which itself of course is a big joke in our country.

What goes around comes around. Retribution - this is what I believe these cruel (which is to describe them very mildly) barbarians will get. When they see their loved ones being treated in the same way, I hope they will accept this as their due payment for their 'kind' deeds. Maybe they treat their family members as they treat these animals, but in another way. Poor children! Parents sin, children suffer. I don't believe that children with these kind of 'animals' as parents can do well in life. One generation to another will suffer the same fate.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: DBKL Animal Cruelty

I am certainly glad that TV3 aired the program. I don't think it matters as much whether the contents are entirely true or are just unconfirmed reports based on witness accounts. Most importantly, it has pissed off the animal lovers and they are causing an uproar. Politicians fear it when the grassroots are mad, especially since then they'll lose political influence.

So, albeit reluctantly, the relevant parties will still be forced to act, and to show a little accountability and transparency to the public. This will be a stepping stone towards more improvements in the future, as the people see that they have the ability to bring about change by actively voicing their dissent.

Of course, things will cool down and might even return to status quo which I definitely hope not. That is why I hope we will have a trigger-happy righteous community - not triggering a gun of course (some of us might wish), but shooting photographs and videos.

Most of us are well equipped with phones capable of recording evidence, and I hope that whenever anyone of us come across any dog or cat catching/abuse activities, just hold up your phone and start shooting away. It does not matter whether the animal appears to be abused or not - just shoot first and who knows what it would lead to? In fact, just the notion of them knowing we are filming the act might make them think twice about committing any abuses. If these ruthless catchers still act rough or rude, you're in luck - more evidence for you to publicize their acts and start them faxing resumes to new employers.

Abuses happen because of the lack of transparency and accountability. If we can breath down on them time and again, they will eventually succumb to the demands and guidelines that govern a better society.

I for one am feeling very trigger happy now and feel like taking on a few of these guys.