Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 09-09-2008, 03:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Article : Clumping Clay Litter : A Deadly Inconvenience

hurmm... mana nak cari surat khabar banyak2... huhuuuh... baik aku shred jer...eheheh...... pemalas betol aku nih..
Old 09-09-2008, 03:49 PM
:: PetFinder Student ::

Mr & Mrs Mondok is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
lah,mcm tu pula.kucing zaman millenium ni mcm2 je mau durang kan.sabor je lah ko.
.:: Tu la... Nk wat camne kak, lain kucen, lain ragamnyer... ahakz!!! ::.

~ Mr & Mrs Mondok ~
~ Cipom & Puteh ~
Old 09-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Kucing Garong

Bareen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bareen Send a message via Yahoo to Bareen Send a message via Skype™ to Bareen

Kalau payah nak guna recycle paper, guna World's Best Cat Litter yang dibuat dari kernal jagung. Clumping dan tak ada campur dengan clay.

http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.co.uk...on=worlds_best

Aku ada satu beg produk nih dari cat show ari tu tapi aku stick ngan paper litter buatan sendiri.

Inilah tempat mengering paper litter aku kat atas deck siling rumah. Panas dan sesuai untuk mengering.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
right now i used a recyled paper pellet - i buy the largest bag available 35litre (do not know how much in kg but large bag) it costs around RM90 prices varies slightly depending on discounts given by retailers and will last my four cats (baring no tummy ache or diarrhea incidents) about 1-2 monhts (i use two litter boxes at the same time). i change it once a week for hygiene's sake and clean out the litter box with either dettol or diluted bleach but now i use germisep.
Ashley, where do you buy the paper pellets? I use wood pellets and would prefer to get paper pellets as the wood pellets do stick to my cat's paw and he does ingest them when he cleans his paws after using the litter box.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

HI Blackie

i buy the recycled paper pellet brand from a few pet supplies shops that carry it -however i'm now in touch with the distributor/importer and i hope to be able to get some discount if i buy direct from them as well as buy more. if you're interested please PM me as i'd like this thread to stay focus on providing information/awareness on clumping clay litter and the pros and cons of using other alternatives..

thanks

Last edited by ashleywong; 09-09-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:57 PM
:: PetFinder Student ::

Mr & Mrs Mondok is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bareen View Post
Kalau payah nak guna recycle paper, guna World's Best Cat Litter yang dibuat dari kernal jagung. Clumping dan tak ada campur dengan clay.

http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.co.uk...on=worlds_best

Aku ada satu beg produk nih dari cat show ari tu tapi aku stick ngan paper litter buatan sendiri.

Inilah tempat mengering paper litter aku kat atas deck siling rumah. Panas dan sesuai untuk mengering.
.:: Huiiiyyyooo... Dah mcm kilang recycle paper litter plak... Cayalah bro... Errmmm... Yg World's Best Cat Litter tu senang nk cari kt petshop ke??? 1 beg brp RM eh??? Hhhhmmm... ::.

~ Mr & Mrs Mondok ~
~ Cipom & Puteh ~
Old 09-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Banned

Hi bareen

this is certainly very creative and innotive use of recyling method perhaps you can open another thread under the DIY section - you should you know...it's be another informative thread not to mention 'laris' and "hangat"

Quote:
For the sake of my cat and my health, I use this DYI paper litter...

Detail on how to produce this can be refer to this link http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172156

It healthy to human and cats, save cost, flushable (and it clean and scrup stain beneath the waterline in the toilet bowl too )
Old 09-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Kucing Garong

Send a message via MSN to Bareen Send a message via Yahoo to Bareen Send a message via Skype™ to Bareen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Mondok View Post
.:: Huiiiyyyooo... Dah mcm kilang recycle paper litter plak... Cayalah bro... Errmmm... Yg World's Best Cat Litter tu senang nk cari kt petshop ke??? 1 beg brp RM eh??? Hhhhmmm... ::.
Kat Kuching ni tak semua petshop jual. Harga sebeg, tak tahu ler sebab tak pakai litter sand commercial. Hari tu pun lupa nak tanya pulak. Tapi dari perbincangan orang sebelah barat sana, memang WBCL ni top tapi tak semua barang perfect. Ada jugak yang tak puas hati. Tu lah aku buat sendiri, kalau orang tak puas hati, aku puas ngan hasil keja aku sendiri .
Old 09-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Kucing Garong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi bareen

this is certainly very creative and innotive use of recyling method perhaps you can open another thread under the DIY section - you should you know...it's be another informative thread not to mention 'laris' and "hangat"
I'll do that but need to take some pic to go along with the process. Look like I have to process a baldi of soaked shredded paper this weekend.

BTW. Can you comment on nursing queen and clumping litter dust? I have a newborn and I am sure others do to. We start to worry when the kittens start their litterbox training as they enter the litterbox. What about the moment they are born and start sniffing for the mother nipple. Does the dust that stick on the mother fur affect the helpless kitten in any way?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Banned

Hi Bareen

i'm not an expert on this subject but i would say the same concept applies - if the clumping clay dust is on the queen's fur, when either she grooms herself or her kitten nurses, then both of them would ingest it (not intentionally eat it but still...).

because of this that's why i'm sort of "forcing' felix to use recylced fiber litter for samantha and her kitten , thank goodness felix is also aware of this and is receptive to using the recycled fiber litter. i'm due to visit them this week.

if any of you are intereseted in either getting a trial pack or buying a small bag to try, pls PM me as i want to get in touch with abco asia and get some from them asap. pls mention whether you're buying or want trial pack
Old 09-13-2008, 11:22 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Chitam is on a distinguished road

Bareen... nk tanya, masa you soak the news papaer tu... ada tak any chemical you use? then, masa masukkan soak paper dalam pillow case tu, masuk kan ke dalam washing machine dan spin ker? or kene letak sabun basuh gak basuh macam biasa?
Tiger, Kabu & Gemuk - Domestic Medium Hair
Old 09-13-2008, 09:49 PM
PetFinder Buddy

syunichi is on a distinguished road

Anyways, I've discussed with my vet about this matter and it was an old issue she said, but who knows best. I have no idea. I like what bareen posted...might gonna try it soon. Potty getting clumpier as we speak..hehe

Last edited by syunichi; 09-13-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:05 PM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

Quote:
Originally Posted by syunichi View Post
Anyways, I've discussed with my vet about this matter and it was an old issue she said, but who knows best. I have no idea. I like what bareen posted...might gonna try it soon. Potty getting clumpier as we speak..hehe
yup, it's an old issues but still need to educate the pet lovers, not all of us are aware of this matter...
still need to be reminded from time to time....
better late then never....

by reading this thread now i know the options available for cat litter...
i'm impressed by various type of ingredients used to make cat litter...
will also try the recycle paper litter, thanks to bareen for the DIY...
also thanks to ahsley for putting up a great article of awareness...
Old 09-13-2008, 10:33 PM
LeenMaF|a

Lyn_Cat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'll do that but need to take some pic to go along with the process. Look like I have to process a baldi of soaked shredded paper this weekend.

BTW. Can you comment on nursing queen and clumping litter dust? I have a newborn and I am sure others do to. We start to worry when the kittens start their litterbox training as they enter the litterbox. What about the moment they are born and start sniffing for the mother nipple. Does the dust that stick on the mother fur affect the helpless kitten in any way?
a'ahlaahh... bareen cecepat sket upload camne cara nak buat .. sebelum nih penah guna recycle paper pallet .. tp mahal laa nak beli.. kalo boleh buat sendiri nak belajar gak lah.. tp kena pikir mana nak carik port utk jemur bende alah tu... hihi kita dok umah flat..
Old 09-14-2008, 10:52 AM
PetFinder Buddy

azris is on a distinguished road

what are other alternatives to replace clumping clay besides shredded papers?huhu tried it once and they messed the house. they prefer to use clumping clay but since it may harm their health, is there any cat litter that you would recommend?thanks guys...
Old 09-14-2008, 11:05 AM
PetFinder Buddy

syunichi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
yup, it's an old issues but still need to educate the pet lovers, not all of us are aware of this matter...
still need to be reminded from time to time....
better late then never....

by reading this thread now i know the options available for cat litter...
i'm impressed by various type of ingredients used to make cat litter...
will also try the recycle paper litter, thanks to bareen for the DIY...
also thanks to ahsley for putting up a great article of awareness...
Yeah, true enough. Sometimes I ponder whether my vet here trying to sell off her products with the only sole attention of selling rather than educating or...the other way round. It's best to educate where we will appreciate them more and personally have good relationship with them.

And my gratitude for Ashley for this article. I've almost let it pass me without realizing that it is one vital matter.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Kucing Garong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn_Cat View Post
a'ahlaahh... bareen cecepat sket upload camne cara nak buat .. sebelum nih penah guna recycle paper pallet .. tp mahal laa nak beli.. kalo boleh buat sendiri nak belajar gak lah.. tp kena pikir mana nak carik port utk jemur bende alah tu... hihi kita dok umah flat..
Dah post kat DIY....nak panjat naik deck untuk jemur yang baru buat tu.
Hari panas, deck panas.....puasa huhuhuhuhu.....
Old 09-14-2008, 11:23 AM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

Quote:
Dah post kat DIY....nak panjat naik deck untuk jemur yang baru buat tu.
Hari panas, deck panas.....puasa huhuhuhuhu.....
takpe bareen, cobaan.....
lagipun utk your babies jugak...
akan zee pun cuba praktikkan buat babies zee...
thanks bareen...
Old 09-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Kucing Garong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitam View Post
Bareen... nk tanya, masa you soak the news papaer tu... ada tak any chemical you use? then, masa masukkan soak paper dalam pillow case tu, masuk kan ke dalam washing machine dan spin ker? or kene letak sabun basuh gak basuh macam biasa?
Masa merendam, aku campur sikit clorox untuk minimise pembiakan bakteria, takut aku terlebih masa merendam sampai berhari-hari. Lagi pun air rendaman ini akan diperah dan ditukar air baru masa menghancurnya.

Guna washing machine top loader untuk spin. Kalau guna side loader, bunyi nak runtuh masa dia spin sebab kertas dalam pillow case tu berat kena air. Nak perah, lengguh jari nanti. Tak payah taruh sabun masa spin tapi kalau nak, tak salah untuk mewangikan litter. Boleh gak campur soda bikarbonate sebelum masuk dalam sarung bantal.

Buat dulu, lepas tu pandai-pandailah mem-perfect-kannya dengan pengalaman penggunaan. Yang penting, cara untuk dapat texture yang halus dari kertas recycle tu. Kalau kasar, masih nampak abjad kat litter tu dan kaler dia tidak akan cerah/putih bila kering.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Kucing Garong

Quote:
Originally Posted by azris View Post
what are other alternatives to replace clumping clay besides shredded papers?huhu tried it once and they messed the house. they prefer to use clumping clay but since it may harm their health, is there any cat litter that you would recommend?thanks guys...
Kalau kucing kita tak ditrain untuk tidak bermain ngan kertas memang tak dapat guna shredded paper. Kuching aku, kalau jumpa kertas mesti dia carik jadi strip dan gongong cam anjing bawa serata rumah buat main. Sedangkan shedded paper yang aku simpan dalam gabbage beg lagi dikoyaknya.

Bagi akulah, World Best Cat Litter adalah jenis clumping yang selamat sebab dia dibuat dari kulit jagung. Selain dari itu, Breeder Select yang dibuat dari kertas tapi tak clumping juga bagus. Litter pine atau yang dibuat dari habuk kayu tapi kena guna dengan litter tray/box yang khusus juga ok digunakan kalau cos tidak jadi masalah.

Tapi terus terang, aku tak guna semua ni, sebab dah ada production sendiri.