Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 06-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

This pet shop owner is an active member here, with supporters who claim loudly to anyone who would listen that they are anti-BYB, that they are animal rescuers.

but since it's not my personal experience to share, I shall mind my own business and refrain from revealing the name of the person or the shop.

I guess these days the best way to sell kittens is to open up a veterinary clinic and pet shop or partner with one if you're not both!! A perfect trading centre for cheap "pedigree" kittens, a very homogenous partnership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
First of all this is what happen when you send your pet to a witch doctor to do the spaying. I always believe all veterinary job shud be done by a qualify vet. A pet shop shud focus on their retailing & a vet to his professional veterinary service.

I think this forum member shud expose this so call kitty mill cum veterinary to prevent other innocent ppl into sending their poor pets to maybe their last journey to the so call vet.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Animal Lover

reginang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

hello DIMB,
i'm doing a documentary film about this topic too!
totally support what u've stated above!
SAY NO TO PET SHOPS!

i need ur help on some info, but couldn't find the way to contact you,
is it possible if u give me ur contact? very sorry, but it's kinda urgent..

- Regina
Old 06-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Banned

khengteik is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to khengteik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
hi khengteik

hey, don't be afraid lah...

come join in the conversation.

well.. as of now, i'm not participating in anymore issues regarding any organizations or animal welfare group... this is because i feel that however i try to help in bringing up issues or giving logical and workable solutions, some quarters just do not like it... so its best to keep my knowledge to myself and keep my bloody big mouth shut.

anyways, back to pet shops issue, if i were to list down the petshops that i feel are just trying to make a quick buck or petshops that i think are back yard breeders supporters or even back yard breeders, 8 out of 10 pet shops that i have went to falls into one of these categories.

Have anyone tried going into pet shops when they are about to close? seriously the sight of it makes me wanna burn some of those shops down... Since there is enough cubicles to put all the dogs, u do not understand why some pet shops needs to remove the dogs from the cubicles, put them in small cages which are stacked up together like Eiffel Tower in a small room... the sound of those dogs whining when they see anyone walk pass is very disheartening...
There are also a few quite old pet shops at USJ that are even worse... (i guess they have been around quite some time as their advertisement board at the shop also badly faded already) imagine big breed dogs being put in a small cage... the cage is only like 1.5times bigger then the dog... yes, the dog can still turn its body around.. but it is in the cage 24/7.... not to mention the stench of the place.... damn bloody disgusting.....
Old 06-05-2009, 12:42 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Hi Reginang,
Is great have the person like you supported Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop. Almost the pet shop at Malaysia have selling cat and dog, they are no as breeder, they calling dogseller or catseller. Almost those animals came from barkyard breeder.
this barkyard breeder going affect those genius quality breeder at Malaysia.
I tell you from quality, breed genetics control, after sale service, all is important. Don't just cheap get from Backyard breeder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginang View Post
hello DIMB,
i'm doing a documentary film about this topic too!
totally support what u've stated above!
SAY NO TO PET SHOPS!

i need ur help on some info, but couldn't find the way to contact you,
is it possible if u give me ur contact? very sorry, but it's kinda urgent..

- Regina

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Banned

what dimb say is quite true... unless the general public is EDUCATED, there is nothing we can really do about backyard breeders. this is because people will still get from backyard breeders as they are much more cheaper compared to real genuine breeders...
Old 06-05-2009, 01:59 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Yea, we going do more education to public about Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop.
It can help reduce homeless animals too. We can start search from here. Let me point one of bigger selling network. that is not far away.
http://www.petfinder.my/listings.php?sortadopt=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by khengteik View Post
what dimb say is quite true... unless the general public is EDUCATED, there is nothing we can really do about backyard breeders. this is because people will still get from backyard breeders as they are much more cheaper compared to real genuine breeders...

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Yea, we going do more education to public about Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop.
It can help reduce homeless animals too. We can start search from here. Let me point one of bigger selling network. that is not far away.
http://www.petfinder.my/listings.php?sortadopt=5
aihh.. looks like petfinder should also do something about this.... unless the admin still insists that selling of pups/animals here in petfinder is actually bringing in more viewers... if that is the case, i pity those homeless animals... cos the selling price here is definitely much cheaper then in petshops by 15-20%.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

The beauty is.. sometime there are ppl who choose not to be educated or rather choose to be blinded bcoz this BYB are their friends. It's alright with me if this ppl choose to do so but don't try to portray your so call pet loving or rescue work here when you turn a blind eye to your unethical friends practice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khengteik View Post

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 06-05-2009, 10:42 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
First of all this is what happen when you send your pet to a witch doctor to do the spaying. I always believe all veterinary job shud be done by a qualify vet. A pet shop shud focus on their retailing & a vet to his professional veterinary service.

I think this forum member shud expose this so call kitty mill cum veterinary to prevent other innocent ppl into sending their poor pets to maybe their last journey to the so call vet.

Without fear or favour, I am posting this out of my experience...

http://sillylupie.blogspot.com/2009/...on-garlic.html

http://sillylupie.blogspot.com/2009/...rustrated.html

This is my story .... a "copy and paste" out of an email I sent to a concerned forum member, maybe a little edit here and there ...

~~~

I sent Garlic to Pakcu on 1-May-09 for spaying ... yes, it was a promotion rate of RM 90 ... I thought, why not, it should be better since it is considered a "private" vet .

TIGER had a bad experience in Klinik Kembiri, that resulted in me forking out another RM 150 to fix, so I said to myself, aiya, send GARLIC to private - it should be better, wanted to send ONION there too but I thought I'd just see how it goes with GARLIC before deciding. At first, I was told that I should be able to pick her up on Friday (1-May-09) evening. However, I received a phone call in the afternoon that the VET can only fix her in the evening, so I can only take her home on Sat - he will call me.
(So, I end up sending ONION to SPCA-Kembiri on Saturday as I have no idea how GARLIC was doing.)

On Saturday he called and said he had a family emergency, so, I can only get GARLIC home on Sunday. We picked her up on Sunday morning, when I got home I was so shocked to see her sutures! It was long and rough (in my simple opinion). Reminds me of the job of a vet assistant in my hometown who charges rm30! This is rm90 I paid! I didn't have a good feeling but was praying that it will be okay!

3-May-09, I sms'ed' and told him that the wound looks wet and if the thread need to be removed? (because it doesn't look like the one that would dissolve itself.) - He said need not remove, leave it for 2 days not to worry.

So, I waited ....

7-May-09 (morning) I sms'ed' him and said "Garlic's wound dont look good. A bit reddish and open at the end"
He replied and said it is normal, that reddish is caused by GARLIC licking her wound. Asked that I apply yellow lotion and medic collar. I did just that...
7-May-09 (evening) I sms'ed' him and said wound don't look normal. He said he will ask vet ...

I waited... waited.... nothing...
In the evening, I asked hubby to send GARLIC to Baby Pets but unfortunately, they were closed. This is on the 8-May-09.

9-May-09, I sms'ed in the morning saying that GARLIC is not getting better and what did the vet said. He said he will get the vet to call me in the afternoon. The vet called and asked that I send GARLIC in to Pakcu again ... which I did in the evening.

Sun, Mon ... no news, so I called the vet and he said has to board GARLIC for 5 days and put her on anti-biotic ... (and rm165!!) ... I relented and hope for the best! Tues, Wed, Thurs ... still no news, I be tahan, called Pakcu, he didn't answer, so sms'ed' him and ask about GARLIC ... so he replied and said need to cage for another "week"!!! I cannot tahan and say I want to see the vet, so... I demand to know the vet clinic and pick her up myself .... guess where it was ? In Shah Alam, Imadi Pet Clinic - was shocked at the mass breeding of cats of all breeds.... I chit chat with him, Ismail but deep inside I wasn't very happy! It doesn't look like a clinic to me at all, more like a kitten mill ...

Link to the clinic's website : http://www.freewebs.com/imakatz/imadipetclinic.htm

Ismail said GARLIC over-groomed herself that's why her sutures didn't heal as expected.

I'll let you guys/gals be the judge of it ...

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 06-05-2009, 11:09 PM
PetFinder Guru

adamyala is on a distinguished road

Bina,
I pray for dear GARLIC...hope she will recover soon
thanks for sharing your experience here
Old 06-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Lupie, thanks for sharing your experience here. {{{hugs}}}

Last edited by blackie007; 06-06-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing Lupie. I hope after this some ppl know who is who here & will not make the same mistake like Lupie sending her cat to the wrong ppl for veterinary service. That the problem when a pet shop try to do everything from retailing to veterinary & even worst when they are kitty mill.

Imadi pet shop or vet clinic whichever it is, I remember been there once with 2 friends also in the cat fancy. There were so many type of cats put up for sales living in a smelly environment which we just can't stay any longer but to get out fast to catch our breath & moreover I don't want to risk any virus or bacteria caught onto my body if I gonna stay any longer. I remember seeing a few 2ft cages with kittens in them in which some of them were having clear sign of flu & yet you can see another cage with kittens that are not yet affected laying just beside them. The question is how can this be so when they have a vet there who shud know what will happen if this is so.

Support this type of pet shops will only mean better business for them & more kitty produce for supply. If you are a pet lover I don't see how you can support this type of pet shop without feeling bad about it when there are so many more pet shops in the market with a better heart.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 06-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Hear ye!! Hear ye!! *thumping the table*

Quote:
If you are a pet lover I don't see how you can support this type of pet shop without feeling bad about it when there are so many more pet shops in the market with a better heart.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

I'm utterly dissappointed. I can't describe my feeling. I've done some digging on Imadi's Pet.This shop is infact BYB. I got to know from forumer friend, he approached her and said it is easy to make money by breeding cats. With the profit he can buy ped cat. Should open another Hall of shame thread on this??
Old 06-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

One question: Is there an actual, certified veterinarian at this place (Imadi Pet Shop) doing the spay surgery?

Lupie's experience suggests incompetence; the idea of someone who is not actually a certified vet trying to administer general anesthesia and perform surgery is downright horrifying.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing Lupie. I hope after this some ppl know who is who here & will not make the same mistake like Lupie sending her cat to the wrong ppl for veterinary service. That the problem when a pet shop try to do everything from retailing to veterinary & even worst when they are kitty mill.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:31 PM
PetFinder Moderator

I sent Garlic to Pakcu on 1-May-09 for spaying ... yes, it was a promotion rate of RM 90 ... I thought, why not, it should be better since it is considered a "private" vet .

This have concern with Pakcu pet shop always do promotion at petfinder.my?
http://forums.petfinder.my/showthrea...t=1349&page=70

Old 06-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

Amanda, I doubt they are certified vet.

Clement, Pakcu have to come forward and come clean with what had happened.This is his reputation we talking abt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
One question: Is there an actual, certified veterinarian at this place (Imadi Pet Shop) doing the spay surgery?

Lupie's experience suggests incompetence; the idea of someone who is not actually a certified vet trying to administer general anesthesia and perform surgery is downright horrifying.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Yes, Clement, it is Pakcu Usual Pet Shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post

This have concern with Pakcu pet shop always do promotion at petfinder.my?
http://forums.petfinder.my/showthrea...t=1349&page=70
Based on the list of services provided, http://forums.petfinder.my/showpost....57&postcount=1
I would say probably the "vet" is not a qualified one. But this can be easily checked, I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post

Old 06-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I'm utterly dissappointed. I can't describe my feeling. I've done some digging on Imadi's Pet.This shop is infact BYB. I got to know from forumer friend, he approached her and said it is easy to make money by breeding cats. With the profit he can buy ped cat. Should open another Hall of shame thread on this??
I agree, June. Could you do that? For poor Garlic?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:36 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Yes, Clement, it is Pakcu Usual Pet Shop.

Based on the list of services provided, http://forums.petfinder.my/showpost....57&postcount=1
I would say probably the "vet" is not a qualified one. But this can be easily checked, I'm sure.
Getting spay surgery by unqualified vet, that's very risky. Are them willing to take that risk? i've seen pets loose their lives because their owner didn't want something bought from a real vet.