Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 11-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Animal Lover

rainmaker.joanne is on a distinguished road
Default Ipoh City Council Shoots And Kills Elderly Person's Therapy Dog

Please read the link. It's way too heartless.

Ipoh City Council Shoots And Kills Elderly Person's Therapy Dog

Quote:
Nov 1st, 2010 - IPOH, PERAK:

An elderly woman is still very much in a state of shock, grief and disbelief this evening since her animal-assisted therapy dog was shot and killed by the Ipoh City Council (MBI) on Saturday.

The incident happened in Taman Merdeka just before eight in the morning.

The 75-year old was about to take her ten-year old companion dog named Spunk for his daily walk when she suddenly remembered that she had forgotten to bring a roll of toilet paper with her.
The tissues were to promptly pick up the poop after Spunk had defecated - a responsible pet practice that she has been faithfully observing since she first got her canine.

She told Spunk to wait at the gate - which he obediently did - whilst she disappeared into the house for a moment.

When she came out, Spunk was gone!

She rushed out to the gate only to see Spunk fleeing for his dear life from the MBI's dogcatchers in their lorry.

The dog and the vehicle soon disappeared out of sight.

Then suddenly to her dismay and horror, the elderly woman heard an ominous gunfire ring out in the neighbourhood.

All she found afterward was a pool of Spunk's blood on the road.

The dogcatchers had taken away her beloved dog.

"My darling Spunk was a wonderful companion to me over the years since my husband passed away and I have been living alone," the elderly woman told PET+BLOGSPOT.

"He has been a joy to have around and was a super watchdog not only in the house but outside as well during our exercise walks," she added.

"What the council did to my therapy dog and me as a senior citizen was downright insensitive and cruel," said the woman almost in tears.

"I don't know how I am going to face life now that my companion is no longer with me," she added.

The elderly woman who is a PETPOSITIVE member suffered a spate of sad happenings recently.

Her only daughter passed away last year.

Another companion canine that she had, besides Spunk, died in her sleep two months ago.

The senior pet owner had never failed to license both her dogs since she had them.

Spunk was wearing his license when the MBI dogcatchers cruelly hunted him down.

"Shooting and killing my aunt's sole and special companion who took care of her and which she took care of was an act of cowardice that has no forgiveness," said her niece to PET+BLOGSPOT in a telephone interview from Petaling Jaya in the state of Selangor.

PETPOSITIVE condemns the MBI's action and calls on the Mayor Dato' Haji Roshidi Bin Haji Hashim to outlaw all dog shooting activity in the city at once.

Meanwhile, a check with the Ipoh Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) has revealed that the NGO's attempts to stop dog-shooting in Ipoh has only fallen on deaf ears.

PETPOSITIVE has made a complaint of the incident to M Kulasegaran, the Member of Parliament of Ipoh Barat where Taman Merdeka falls under.

Please write a polite letter to the MBI's mayor to express your outrage over what had happened to our member and demand for the end of dog-shooting in Ipoh immediately.

Kindly write a similar note to the Acting Director of Health Encik Mohd Alias B Kamaruddin.

The email to write to is: aduan@mbi.gov.my

You may also call up the MBI's hotline: 05-255 1515.

The MBI Webpage address is:

http://www.mbi.gov.my/web/guest/maklum_balas

We also encourage all our readers to write to the media calling for the end to dog-shooting at once.

You may also comment your reactions in our Blog. Please note that only polite and constructive messages will be published.

Thank you for your support!
Source: http://petpositive.blogspot.com/2010...and-kills.html

Last edited by Administrator; 11-04-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:55 PM
PetFinder Administrator

Administrator has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ipoh City Council Shoots And Kills Elderly Person's Therapy Dog

Thanks for the sharing the link, Joanne.

We have edited your post to include the quoted content and link to actual website.

We must expose these cruel deeds and pressure the irresponsible parties into taking remedial action.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-04-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Animal Lover

CanuckinKL2 is on a distinguished road

Do the people of Malaysia actually feel comfortable having these idiots driving around with guns!?!? It's not just in Ipoh.

Absolutely cruel and unbelievable. And Malaysia is trying to be a first world country? Not in my lifetime if these actions are considered normal and ok.

Has this been passed on to media outlets?

My sincere condolences to the elderly owner.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:42 PM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road

My heartfelt condolences to the owner; one can't begin to imagine the grief she must be going through.

This is an outrage.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:16 PM
PetFinder Guru

adrianng87 is on a distinguished road

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.