Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Food & Recipes > Restaurants

Old 09-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Indinine Restaurant: Vegetarian Italian Food

make it 5.I'm one of the blind bat especially when driving at nite.huhuhuhu!! can end up in Melaka wei!!! wakakakakakakakak!

hehe....so there's 4 blind as bats here, eh? me, ashley, chelly & lynie? with 4 blind bats, i think we shld avoid each other, as chances of us crashing blindly into each other are very high....[/QUOTE]
Old 09-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indinine Restaurant: Vegetarian Italian Food

heeeheeeheee i dont want to say i am blind bat but a lot of computer kinda make me blurry bat.. not blind yet! heeheehee so anyone in? PM me, we go eat vegetarian..
ashley.. u wanna put on weight gotta drink/eat lots of protein, can use the protein shake and do weighlifts with miiiiniiiimuuummmm cardio stuffs.. if only eat a lot you will gain fat deposits i.o muscles.. i was a freak gym buff! hehehehe..
Old 09-26-2008, 01:22 PM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
i'm not sure i'm what type of vegetarian but to start out, we can take egg and milk (for our protein quota) and to start out, we can take food with onion and garlic.

i'm very choosy for a vegetarian -
Ashley, you are a ovo-lacto-vegetarian. You can eat lots of food including cakes. And you are certainly not choosy at all. Lacto-vegetarians and Vegan are worse off where food availability is concerned.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

yeah, I heard of the differences of vegetarians. My cousin's hubby is a vegetarian, I think ovo-lacto type. I have a friend who is a Vegan...THAT is difficult as variety tends to be rather limited.

What type are you, cookie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Ashley, you are a ovo-lacto-vegetarian. You can eat lots of food including cakes. And you are certainly not choosy at all. Lacto-vegetarians and Vegan are worse off where food availability is concerned.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:40 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
yeah, I heard of the differences of vegetarians. My cousin's hubby is a vegetarian, I think ovo-lacto type. I have a friend who is a Vegan...THAT is difficult as variety tends to be rather limited.

What type are you, cookie?
A "reluctant" lacto-vegetarian.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Petfinder Moderator

reluctant? why?? and what's lacto-vegetarian? can take milk products but not egg? cousin's hubby has explained before, but i forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
A "reluctant" lacto-vegetarian.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

oic, i'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian....i see...now i learn

actually we were told that for beginners, we can sort of "ease" into it, therefore we can take egg (as long as it is commercial processed egg that are not fertilised - therefore no kampung eggs) and we can certain take milk as milk is...milk - it is not derived from having the cow killed. as for the garlic and onion thingy, we were told for beginners we can take that since almost 90% of malaysian food contained garlic and onion - kalau tak makan...habis!

but my vow also allows me to take one-meat dish a day. so it's not that bad. it's useful if i'm having dinner with my father and my sis - they're not vegetarian and this enable me to have dinner with them when the occasions calls for it, otherwise i'd be a hermit but i can go vegetarian for all meals.

initially i strived to follow the vow because i don't want to "pay penance" by observing full vegetarian diet for 2 days from sunrise to sunset. difficult but now i find that i look forward to eating non-meat dishes. it's light and good on the digestive system.

however i need to read up on on what are considered replacement alternative to B12 source and Iron - i was told that vegetarians need to be care not to be deficient on B12 and Iron - otherwise become anaemic.

also vegetarians need to be aware that because we don't take meat, our body temperature will become lower and we must ensure it is constantly maintained as the level when we consume meat so that all the enzymes activity that need constant temperature level can still function. hence i was advised to take food cooked with ginger or drink made with ginger. alternately can take black date (hak chou) in cooked food or drink. i have yet to discover about the rest but i look forward to it.

but one thing i don't understand - why is vegetarian food so expensive? more expensive compare to the same food prepared using some meat. can go bankrupt if i keep eating at vegetarian restaurant.

my fav indian food is still the indian stall at tmn desa foodcourt. his dhal is great, thick and tasty! :-) his home-made recipe i guess.

oh dear, all this talk about food makes me hungry
Old 09-27-2008, 03:30 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
reluctant? why?? and what's lacto-vegetarian? can take milk products but not egg? cousin's hubby has explained before, but i forgot.
Yes, lacto-vegetarians eat vegetables and all things made or derived from milk but not eggs.
Reluctant because it wasn’t voluntary. I am allergic to meat including eggs.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:45 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
oic, i'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian....i see...now i learn

actually we were told that for beginners, we can sort of "ease" into it, therefore we can take egg (as long as it is commercial processed egg that are not fertilised - therefore no kampung eggs) and we can certain take milk as milk is...milk - it is not derived from having the cow killed.

but my vow also allows me to take one-meat dish a day. so it's not that bad. it's useful if i'm having dinner with my father and my sis - they're not vegetarian and this enable me to have dinner with them when the occasions calls for it, otherwise i'd be a hermit but i can go vegetarian for all meals.

initially i strived to follow the vow because i don't want to "pay penance" by observing full vegetarian diet for 2 days from sunrise to sunset. difficult but now i find that i look forward to eating non-meat dishes. it's light and good on the digestive system.

however i need to read up on on what are considered replacement alternative to B12 source and Iron - i was told that vegetarians need to be care not to be deficient on B12 and Iron - otherwise become anaemic.
oh dear, all this talk about food makes me hungry
Since you are allowed milk, eat eggs and have a one-meat-dish a day, you do have sufficient protein, B12 and iron. Milk, eggs and meat contain these properties. Vegans will face deficiency problems if they do not know how to eat.

Quote:
also vegetarians need to be aware that because we don't take meat, our body temperature will become lower and we must ensure it is constantly maintained as the level when we consume meat so that all the enzymes activity that need constant temperature level can still function. hence i was advised to take food cooked with ginger or drink made with ginger. alternately can take black date (hak chou) in cooked food or drink. i have yet to discover about the rest but i look forward to it.
Huh, I did not know about this. Somehow my body doesn’t seem to be affected.

Quote:
as for the garlic and onion thingy, we were told for beginners we can take that since almost 90% of malaysian food contained garlic and onion - kalau tak makan...habis!
To me, garlic and onion are vegetables. I eat them.

Quote:
but one thing i don't understand - why is vegetarian food so expensive? more expensive compare to the same food prepared using some meat. can go bankrupt if i keep eating at vegetarian restaurant.
You must be talking about food in Chinese vegetarian restaurants. You are paying for the immense labour involved in producing the mock meat.

Quote:
my fav indian food is still the indian stall at tmn desa foodcourt. his dhal is great, thick and tasty! :-) his home-made recipe i guess.
Is it at the foodcourt opposite some condo? Or the corner stall by the roadside nicknamed UK Corner at the other side of Taman Desa?
I do go to Taman Desa whenever I can to have lunch with my ex-colleagues.

Last edited by cookie; 09-27-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: grammar mistake
Old 09-29-2008, 09:17 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

hello ladies! at the moment i am sort of a ovo-lacto vegetarian. i think its ok to eat eggs as long as they come from FREE RANGE chickens. remember, if the cartons are not labeled as "free range" or "ayam kampung" then, they come from battery hens. battery hens are treated with shocking cruelty and go through much mental and physical torture. so remember "TELUR AYAM KAMPUNG" is the way to go.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Animal Lover

lynie.. just saying.. ayam kampung doesnt necessarily mean free range.. cause they can be cooped up too.. but.. i suppose they have definitely more enjoyable life than the ayam broiler. hee..
Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Banned

oooh,, i didn't know there's "UK Corner" at tmn desa..hehehe

but there's only 1 food court in tmn desa, i think it's name is DDP foodcourt. it's at the main junction between tmn desa's shophouses and the road leading to danau desa. now traffic lights have been installed at this junction, no more near misses and accidents. the food court is not very preposesing or very inspiring in terms of variety but will do in a pinch especially when it's raining. however the chapati corner stall here is great. i like the stall owner's recipe for his cooking very tasty and filling.

so here's looking forward to indinine with my blind bat sisters

Is it at the foodcourt opposite some condo? Or the corner stall by the roadside nicknamed UK Corner at the other side of Taman Desa?
I do go to Taman Desa whenever I can to have lunch with my ex-colleagues.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-29-2008, 10:24 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferreted View Post
lynie.. just saying.. ayam kampung doesnt necessarily mean free range.. cause they can be cooped up too.. but.. i suppose they have definitely more enjoyable life than the ayam broiler. hee..
you have a point chelly but ayam kampung seems to be the closest to free range available in malaysia. just make sure you don't buy eggs from battery hens. battery hens are held in pens that allow them no movement. this restriction and boredom drives them mad and they end up pecking and mutilating each other with their beaks. to avoid this, farmers cut off their beaks, often without anesthetic. this process is called "debeaking". countless male hatchlings which are "useless" to commercial egg producers as they don't lay eggs, are thrown ALIVE into waste disposal grinders.

yes yes i am grossing you out yet again with my sordid tales of animal cruelty. unfortunately they are very very real. so my point is by all means eat eggs and enjoy them.. but don't spend your hard earned money on animal cruelty. these agricultural conglomerates must not be allowed to treat animals as products, they are sentient beings.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Animal Lover

hahaha nvm lynie.. i am well aware of this one.. the treatments are disgusting.. hahaha hope we get to indienine soon!
Old 09-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Banned

oh, i'm glad i'm turning to vegetarian and once i find the good alternatives to all these essential nutrients, i'm off meat completely.

come to think of it, better without meat eating - less easily agitated and excited..not bad huh?

i have heard of such cruel batteries in farm animals but the stories are from overseas - have yet to hear of any activists exposing cruel stories from malaysia.

anyway, glad i'm doing my bit about cruelty to animal - hit out where it hurts - their bottomlines!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:24 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

ehehe..i'm not a vegetarian.. but i do eat vegetarian food... chinese nad indian vegetarian... ehehe.. sedap!~

but cannot eat too much....eheh
Old 10-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Petfinder Moderator

I'm not a vegetarian either, but I love vegetables, especially tomatoes and tofu. I am not so keen on those mock meant, though.

I really dig this Indinine restaurant....am drooling just thinking of the food I ate that day.... *wiping off drool*

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post
ehehe..i'm not a vegetarian.. but i do eat vegetarian food... chinese nad indian vegetarian... ehehe.. sedap!~

but cannot eat too much....eheh