Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Discuss the latest movies, tv shows, and what turns you into a couch potato

Old 04-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

You could try recycling them so as not to deprive the rest of us octogenarians of straws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Straw's are the most important part of the whole operation! Along with plenty of napkins!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 PM
PetFinder Guru

Simon is on a distinguished road

Hey that's a great idea! I will start recycling them from now on so as not to deprive the rest of you! When I've finished with each straw, instead of throwing away, I will now neatly put back into their packaging and when full, sneak them back onto the shelves at the supermarkets for others to use, I mean buy! I wouldn't bother washing them either, as that would use too much water and that wouldn't be so environmentally friendly for the amount of straws I get through!

I could even stick a quality control label to them consisting of a pair of pruned lips, with the words, "Tested by old prune "

I will of course have to buy new ones so I can test and return them too!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Err, that wouldn't help, Simon. The idea is to use only ONE straw, and re-use the same straw yourself again.

I was going to suggest washing them, but since you pointed out that that would use too much water and not environmentally friendly, then you might want to put that ONE straw into the freezer to "sterlize" it before reusing it.

Quote:
Hey that's a great idea! I will start recycling them from now on so as not to deprive the rest of you! When I've finished with each straw, instead of throwing away, I will now neatly put back into their packaging and when full, sneak them back onto the shelves for others to use, I mean buy! I wouldn't bother washing them either, as that would use too much water and that wouldn't be so environmentally friendly for the amount of straws I get through!

I could even stick a quality control label to them consisting of a pair of pruned lips, with the words, "Tested by old prune "
Old 04-22-2009, 12:28 AM
PetFinder Guru

That's another great idea! Instead of returning the straws to the shelves of the supermarkets, I could return them to their freezer section! I could add to my quality control label a nice health and safety certified sign! I think straws in the freezer section would be super handy too, as you could buy the straws along with your ice cream! I've forgotten how many times I've needed a straw to drink out the melted ice cream at the bottom of the tub! Although, I just normally let all the ice cream melt in the tub anyway and then slurp, slurp, slurp with the straw!

Hey you know what, I think this type of recycling could really take off in a big way! It's really environmentally friendly too, apart from Straws, I wonder what other things one could recycle in this way? Well I guess the napkins are out of the question, although.... I could return those, perhaps labelled as hand crafted napkins, each pattern unique in design!

Last edited by Simon; 04-22-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Simon, you are incorrigible!!!

But I like your idea of recycling the napkin as hand-crafted napkin. Make sure you had lots of ketchup all over your mouth and chin so you could produce a nice pattern.

Quote:
That's another great idea! Instead of returning the straws to the shelves of the supermarkets, I could return them to their freezer section! I could add to my quality control label a nice health and safety certified sign! I think straws in the freezer section would be super handy too, as you could buy the straws along with your ice cream! I've forgotten how many times I've needed a straw to drink out the melted ice cream at the bottom of the tub! Although, I just normally let all the ice cream melt in the tub anyway and then slurp, slurp, slurp with the straw!

Hey you know what, I think this type of recycling could really take off in a big way! It's really environmentally friendly too, apart from Straws, I wonder what other things one could recycle in this way? Well I guess the napkins are out of the question, although.... I could return those, perhaps labelled as hand crafted napkins, each pattern unique in design!
I just watched the video again, for the 4th or 5th time, and this time, I finally read the comments and info.

She is not married, lives alone, and took care of her parents until they died not too long ago. She has a cat named Peppers. And yes, she's Scottish!
Old 04-22-2009, 02:01 AM
PetFinder Guru

I thought I was encorrigible! That's like incorrigible but only better! On account of being 156, very pruney and set in my ways, old dogs and new tricks and all!

Really though, I think this could be the next big thing for the green parties around the world to embrace and promote! I've been thinking, this would not only work for culinary cutleries, but also for clothes, yes, all those jeans, trousers and t-shirts which are too stretched, too baggy and too full of holes, we could simply return them all to the stores, as baggy, pre-warn, and holes are all the rage these days! Of course there would be no need to wash these returned clothes as they could go into the freezer section, next to the straws, napkins and ice cream! You know what, I think the ice cream section is soon becoming the coolest place to hang out in the supermarket isles!

Gosh, is that the time?! I can feel myself turning into a vampire!! Perhaps that explains why I'm so old and ageing so quickly! But still feel skip, skip, skippy young!

Susan Boyle also said that she has never ever been kissed before either!!! I wonder if Simon Cowell decided to do something about that!!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:03 AM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

I love Simon Cowell!
Sekian, terima kasih..
Old 04-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Petfinder Moderator

OMG!!! I think all these recycling activities is bad for you, Simon. Look at what's happening to you. At 9:43pm last night, you were 105 years old. But 5 hours later, you turned 156 years old!

You are suffering from DNA repair-deficiency disorder!! Gosh!!

hahaha.....you are turning into a vampire because I caught you snooping around in the insomniac vampire club a few nights ago.....and ezer and me, we took a bite out of you. Did you not notice that whenever you drank water, it leaked out of the holes in your neck?

Hahaha....Simon might want to be the first to kiss the next millionairess. I thought he looked rather besotted with her at one point. Wish he would turn those dreamy expressions of his on me. (gosh, hope my hubby doesn't come online and read this!)

Quote:
I thought I was encorrigible! That's like incorrigible but only better! On account of being 156, very pruney and set in my ways, old dogs and new tricks and all!

Really though, I think this could be the next big thing for the green parties around the world to embrace and promote! I've been thinking, this would not only work for culinary cutleries, but also for clothes, yes, all those jeans, trousers and t-shirts which are too stretched, too baggy and too full of holes, we could simply return them all to the stores, as baggy, pre-warn, and holes are all the rage these days! Of course there would be no need to wash these returned clothes as they could go into the freezer section, next to the straws, napkins and ice cream! You know what, I think the ice cream section is soon becoming the coolest place to hang out in the supermarket isles!

Gosh, is that the time?! I can feel myself turning into a vampire!! Perhaps that explains why I'm so old and ageing so quickly! But still feel skip, skip, skippy young!

Susan Boyle also said that she has never ever been kissed before either!!! I wonder if Simon Cowell decided to do something about that!!

I think Simon Cowell is spoken for --- by Susan Boyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
I love Simon Cowell!
Sekian, terima kasih..
Old 04-22-2009, 07:04 PM
PetFinder Guru

Hey, , that explains it! I was wondering why I was walking in the shade outdoors with sunglasses and drinking lots of tomato ketchup sauce with my straws and napkins! But I was thinking that perhaps Missy or Max were really secret vampire kitties and had bitten my neck late one evening a few nights ago! But now I know it was both you and Ezer, queen and king of all the vampires here in KL!

You know, I could really see Simon and Piers fighting it out for her hand!! Piers invited her out to dinner on a live interview on US TV last week!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Britains Got Talent

Simon,just one question for you.You are 105 yrs old?? Do you still have your teeth intact?? heheheheh!!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:20 PM
PetFinder Guru

Hi June,

Well I was 105 up until 9.43pm last night, but have since rapidly aged to 156 on account of my vampire DNA being degenerative!

But even at 105 my first pair of false teeth had already decayed and I have now become too prune with age to make use of another pair! This is very fortunate as blackie007 offered me her pair of false teeth to use in place!

Hence the full use of straws and napkins!

Last edited by Simon; 04-22-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Animal Lover

Oh!! No!! Another vampire in the house

what?? Blackie offered you her false teeth?? Yikes!!!! Make sure no human blood stain on that teeth will you?? You know,this Blackie have the tendency of leaving human blood stain on her teeth.so the slave to brush and scrub her false teeth every morning.

Quote:
Hi June,

Well I was 105 up until 9.43pm last night, but have since rapidly aged to 156 on account of my vampire DNA being degenerative!

But even at 105 my first pair of false teeth had already decayed and I have now become too prune with age to make use of another pair! This is very fortunate as blackie007 offered me her pair of false teeth to use in place!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:54 PM
PetFinder Guru

I was wondering about the red stuff! I was thinking it was just tomato juice! But now I realise it was vampire slave blood!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Animal Lover

hah!! Now u know already. So tmrw nite you can use Superman's false teeth.made of steel

Quote:
I was wondering about the red stuff! I was thinking it was just tomato juice! But now I realise it was vampire slave blood!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Aww, how could you be so ungrateful! *indignant* My dentures are of the highest quality! Look, I'll remove them now and show you what you're missing.

Quote:
Hi June,

Old 04-22-2009, 11:52 PM
PetFinder Guru

Yikes! I'm off to blend a field full of garlic in my blender just in case any thirsty vampire teeth like that come along during the night! Glad to see that you floss between meals though!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Err......err.....err.......I think you might not want to do that.....you've already been turned into a vampire....

Yeah! I'm very hygienic, and you should be honoured that I am willing to lend you my dentures.

Quote:
Yikes! I'm off to blend a field full of garlic in my blender just in case any thirsty vampire teeth like that come along during the night! Glad to see that you floss between meals though!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:13 AM
PetFinder Guru

Gosh! You know, now I'm 234! And I almost forgot that I am already a vampire and I guess it must have been those very teeth in the picture that first bit me!

An old vampire I am, with nothing but gums, a straw and a set of napkins is not very good at recruiting more vampires on account of not being able to bite! And I think the people might wake up after an hour or so of gumming! So perhaps I can use your highly hygienic teeth after all! Manually applying teeth to said necks, and then I can use straws from there! I promise to floss them afterwards and store them in the freezer for at least a couple of hours before returning to you!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Petfinder Moderator

OMG! Something must be wrong. We vampires don't age that fast! Must be something that Ezer, the super vampire, that passed to you when he bit you.

Drink blood with straw?? I've never heard of vampires drinking blood with straws! It does not present a very cool image....you've got to wear my dentures, and really sink into the victims' neck, take a good bite and start sucking.

I think you should do pretty good with the sucking thing, considering that you're all gums and no teeth ---- makes for good suction.

Quote:
Gosh! You know, now I'm 234! And I almost forgot that I am already a vampire and I guess it must have been those very teeth in the picture that first bit me!

An old vampire I am, with nothing but gums, a straw and a set of napkins is not very good at recruiting more vampires on account of not being able to bite! And I think the people might wake up after an hour or so of gumming! So perhaps I can use your highly hygienic teeth after all! Manually applying teeth to said necks, and then I can use straws from there! I promise to floss them afterwards and store them in the freezer for at least a couple of hours before returning to you!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:17 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

hey,
Susan Boyle Joked About Never Being Kissed! I get the news at yahoo
The 47-year-old spinster told viewers of the U.K. TV talent show that she lived alone, had a cat called Pebbles, and had "never been kissed." .

But it wasn't true..

Boyle, who has competed in countless talent shows, used the line to curry favor with the audience. She told a TV interviewer from U.K. breakfast show GMTV, "That was made as a joke! Never been kissed? I've never stopped." .

The blogosphere has lit up at the news. .

"Angel or crazy for publicity? You decide," was how fan site CafeArjun.com responded. "I'm forced to believe it was all a planned show!" .

Popwrap.com branded her a "one-trick pony," while NowPublic.com was more understanding: "Do you think a peck on the cheek counts for being kissed?" the site asked.

But Boyle's admission has done nothing to dampen the ardor of her millions of new fans. Many believe Boyle, who has been nicknamed the "hairy angel" according to Britain's Daily Mail, should be declared the winner of the show right now. (She has at least one more song to perform)..

"Now that Susan Boyle has been acknowledged as a singing sensation for her beautiful voice, I think it would be a good idea to declare her the winner of Britain's Got Talent," wrote C.J. Crane from Mallorca in Spain..

"I am glad Simon Cowell looks like he's going to give her a recording contract," said Raymond Rees from Wales..

British fan D.E. Atkins wrote: "The makeover squad should leave Susan Boyle alone. It is her singing and simplicity that people love. Once they start trying to change Susan's image they will spoil her.".

But is it too late? Is overnight stardom already threatening to change Susan Boyle?.

Since her first audition, the local council has built a fence around her home to discourage autograph-hunters. Boyle has also hired a hunky live-in bodyguard, been seen sporting an expensive leather jacket, and has agreed to go on a date with one of the judges.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.