Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 03-18-2011, 05:30 PM
PetFinder Guru

aznor is on a distinguished road
Exclamation For cat and dog owner !! Read this and tell me what you think!!

http://healthmad.com/conditions-and-...e-human-brain/

Have u ever hug , or even kiss ur pet ?
I've done it tones of time and just realised that it might be fatal to me if the following would happen !!
What do you think ?

http://befriendingthefurrybeast.blogspot.com/
Old 03-18-2011, 08:04 PM
PetFinder Buddy

milocute is on a distinguished road
Default Re: For cat and dog owner !! Read this and tell me what you think!!

I don't mind to continue hugging & kissing my kids. I always believe God will protect us if we are sincere in what we do. My fur kids mean everything to me. If fate stated my death because of the brain worm I'll accept. Is not that I'm asking for it but what I mean is ' aku redha dgn ketentuannya'
Old 03-18-2011, 11:32 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by milocute View Post
I don't mind to continue hugging & kissing my kids. I always believe God will protect us if we are sincere in what we do. My fur kids mean everything to me. If fate stated my death because of the brain worm I'll accept. Is not that I'm asking for it but what I mean is ' aku redha dgn ketentuannya'
Wow!!
Thats good it seems like u really love ur furkids!!
I gotta be Frank
Although I really love them I'm still quite worried!!
What about sleeping on the same bed ??

Old 03-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznor View Post
Wow!!
Thats good it seems like u really love ur furkids!!
I gotta be Frank
Although I really love them I'm still quite worried!!
What about sleeping on the same bed ??
Aznor, this article is written to terrify people for no good reason. Basically, it's nonsense. If people were dying after cuddling and sleeping with their pets, we'd be reading about it all over the world.

Have you ever heard of anyone who had suffered an infection by these worms?? I think your chances of contracting dengue from aedes mosquitos is probably thousands of times higher, yet you're not considering leaving Malaysia, are you?

Please, keep showing your pets as much love as you can. The love they give you in return is better for your health than worrying about this article.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:28 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Aznor, this article is written to terrify people for no good reason. Basically, it's nonsense. If people were dying after cuddling and sleeping with their pets, we'd be reading about it all over the world.

Have you ever heard of anyone who had suffered an infection by these worms?? I think your chances of contracting dengue from aedes mosquitos is probably thousands of times higher, yet you're not considering leaving Malaysia, are you?

Please, keep showing your pets as much love as you can. The love they give you in return is better for your health than worrying about this article.
U actually hv a point and I think ur right..
Thanks...
This thread should be deleted in order not to scare people..
I should pm andy..

Old 03-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Love all pets

aku_ais is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to aku_ais

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznor View Post
http://healthmad.com/conditions-and-...e-human-brain/

Have u ever hug , or even kiss ur pet ?
I've done it tones of time and just realised that it might be fatal to me if the following would happen !!
What do you think ?
Actually, my friend's brother passed away last year because of the virus that came from his cat...
the boy became sick but Doctor cant identify what is his sickness... Finally they found out that his sickness is because of cat's virus... He has been sharing food with his cat and kissed the cat most of the time... he loved his cat so much.
Not long after that, he passed away..

We were very scared since we have cats at home...
and my mum told me not to kiss our cats anymore..

But to me, i am scared but i took precautions when it comes to cats... i will make sure my cats cant reach my dining table, i did not kiss it when it has just sneezed and others...

Its not that we need to be scared of cats after reading the article... we only need to "berjaga-jaga" since it is better safe than sorry...
Old 03-22-2011, 04:50 AM
PetFinder Guru

Marcelleve is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve

Hi,

First of all, did it mention if the pet was vaccinated or not? Does the pet always miss the routine check up by vet or only when the pet is sick then you remember there is a vet?
Do you maintain a good personal hygiene to yourself, to your pets and to your home?

I think, healthy cats/dogs are healthy for us, physically, mentally and emotionally.
It is only a simple rule of nature - the cycle of life.
Human are always on the top of the chain... they are also no.1 top carriers of micro-organisms rather than our pets .... what your pet gives you is the contribution coming from you and the things what you're doing especially to your surroundings.
Micro-organisms are just waiting to evolved either good or harmful. The consequences will only be paid when our health is put to the test. We are ticking time bomb for the endangerment of all species in this world.

So please don't blame your pets when you get sick. If you can't take care of yourself why own a pet in the first place?

There are available products out there even just beneath your kitchen cabinet to maintain good health at your home.

Ashanta and Nefertiti brushed their teeth and they are cats. Miwako is currently using Oxyfresh pet gel for her teeth/gums.
My kitties water are filtered and spiked with organic apple cider vinegar.
They sleep with us on the bed. Nefertiti always kiss me on my lips or face to wake me up. It doesn't mean I have to sleep back. It is time for me to wash my face and gargle/brush my teeth/mouthwash which is good, I never have to go to work late and still have time to eat my breakfast.
After poo, they get used to sprayed by Petsafe on their paws and they even have anti-bac powder.
Their cat litter is cleaned daily and changed weekly. Their cat litter have rosemary leaves and baking soda every time I clean it to get rid of the smell, sometimes I have to used Odor litter if I ran out of baking soda.
Their food bowls are always clean before I served them with food.

'You can describe what kind of person he/she is by how they took care of their pets', that's what my grandma told my mom and she told me.

Pets poo twice but what goes out is what you feed them with.
My kitties got small poo. Because they are eating holistic and less dry food.
My kitties are eating 4-5 meals a day. Kibbles are just snacks. I never left them with empty dish.

I am busy person, too. Good time management, healthy meals and workout will do you just fine to avoid weary.

If you need to stay your pets beside you and to play with you, stay it indoors, proper care and good hygiene must be applied.
Please do not forget to go to your vet for routine check up.

Remember your pets are not toys, feed/bath/play are not all that. They are living things and deserve to have a healthy & happy homes.

Hope some pointers for review will enlighten this subject.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Eve

Last edited by Marcelleve; 03-22-2011 at 05:21 AM.