Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Pet Memorial

Pet Memorial Share with us the grief on the loss of your pet, and may it be dearly and lovingly remembered forever.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:59 AM
PetFinder Buddy

syunichi is on a distinguished road
Default Milo, Majin and Oren...we love you

Some might remember my adorable Milo whom I saved from an incident last year. Last Monday, was his last day with me. Majin, a kitten from a stray cat also suffers the same fate, not forgetting Oren, his little sister who had just passed away in the warmth of my lap struggled to prove her will and strenght eye to eye with death himself. The fallen soul for CRF.

Everyone knows, how painful it feels during then. Like the pain of a thousand needle, piercing through your chest. With feelings of unfaithful of yourself, blaiming life as it is, cruel and unfair to the poor soul. But, deep inside, we know, and we should be thankful that pain is no more for the poor soul, for it is at vain to watch them struggles, gasping for every breath and worst of all, eyeing for you that makes you feel helpless for nothing in your power that can stop his/her misery.

Milo, Majin and Oren. I've promised you love and still I'll keep my word. I've promised you companionship, in my heart and in my mind, there will always be a place for you all to call home.

Lost and broken hearted, I can only long for your presence, with only tears and regret...Forgive us for the pain we caused, for the days we lost and for the memories we'll cherished.

Take note my dear friends, live life to the fullest. Love them, and never take our little furry friends for granted, for later we will only uncover how much we do need their presence in our life.

Love,

Zam and Niza.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Milo, Majin and Oren...we love you

Friend, why all cats die of renal failure? What food did you feed them and for how long? Were they on Vetmaster all the while? Let their passings not be in vain. Kindly share with us all towards the benefit of our cayangs.

My deepest condolence to you, friend.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 01-21-2009, 09:12 AM
PetFinder Guru

daRLing is an unknown quantity at this point

How old were they?
Old 01-21-2009, 03:53 PM
PetFinder Buddy

It was the rainy weather in Sarawak where most areas are affected with floods and cool windy breeze. Yes, I fed them Vetmaster and it is not affecting them for only 6 from 9 of them are suffering CRF. I lost 3 and managed to save the other 2.

It started when they eat less during the rainy season, they tend to sleep alot, what most of cats do during cold rainy season and I was caught offguard until I saw Majin was drooling badly and the cage immediately smelt like chemical substance. I'm sure it smells like a weak scent of ammonia.

My first guess was fever..what a bad guess that is. Administered antibiotics too late and I lost Majin for my recklessness, and I still don't forgive myself for that mistake.

Second guess was FIV, because I've experienced one last year and it was not new for me. We did a blood test for Milo and it turned out just to be a Virus infection and his kidneys and liver are working fine, just that WBC (white blood count) is too low.

While writing this...I still can't help blaiming myself. I'll continue soon, after I'll cool down and finish most of my work in the office. I'll give my best recommendation to get things to work for us..and encounter the illness before things get ugly.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear syunichi,

You always have had their best interest in the actions you have taken. We are humans, we always learn on what we should have done better but things that has happened, are lost to the world. Be strong. I sympathize.

Feel better soon.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by syunichi View Post
It was the rainy weather in Sarawak where most areas are affected with floods and cool windy breeze. Yes, I fed them Vetmaster and it is not affecting them for only 6 from 9 of them are suffering CRF. I lost 3 and managed to save the other 2.

It started when they eat less during the rainy season, they tend to sleep alot, what most of cats do during cold rainy season and I was caught offguard until I saw Majin was drooling badly and the cage immediately smelt like chemical substance. I'm sure it smells like a weak scent of ammonia.

My first guess was fever..what a bad guess that is. Administered antibiotics too late and I lost Majin for my recklessness, and I still don't forgive myself for that mistake.

Second guess was FIV, because I've experienced one last year and it was not new for me. We did a blood test for Milo and it turned out just to be a Virus infection and his kidneys and liver are working fine, just that WBC (white blood count) is too low.

While writing this...I still can't help blaiming myself. I'll continue soon, after I'll cool down and finish most of my work in the office. I'll give my best recommendation to get things to work for us..and encounter the illness before things get ugly.
Then it was not Vetmaster or melamine, Syunichi.

Low white blood count and yellow vomit: Panleukopenia. Very contagious and deadly especially to young kittens. This deadly virus attacks the blood cells.

The 4-in-1 core vaccination covers this one, which is one of the main killers of kittens. Vaccinate your future cats and kittens with the 4-in-1 to protect them. If caught early enough, the vet will put them on drip since it is vomiting and possibly purging, losing a lot of fluid from body and puts it in a state of shock, and also do a blood transfusion immediately if the red blood cells drops too low and cannot carry oxygen to the body cells adequately. Done early, and if the kitten is not too very young, it can survive the attack, but for very young kittens, the hope is slim even with supportive care.

Sorry to hear that, may this experience equip you to better deal with future emergencies.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 01-21-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:23 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Yeah, comes to my mind also. But it is not panleukopenia, the kidney and liver was fine when the virus level was at 76% (inside the blood test report). And, the other cats were in the same cage with her and recovers dramaticly, not one but 3 of them. And it was not contagious also. It starts with ulcers. Very fast..but undetectable unless you poke on their nose and they'll start to acting weird where it looks like they want to vommit but it only makes them drool. And they never vomit yellow substance, just their foamy bile and some of their food.

Milo dies of severe virus infection that makes him too weak and Oren dies at cause of severe inflamatory inside the intestine that made her urinate blood, or even having blood in her stool, but never a diarehea. Bb, who has recovered, was having a bad bloody stool. But she starts to eat, drink, groom herself and after the full period of anti inflamatory medication is administered, she is now at her best health and condition.

I will tell a bit more on what I did and what I should not do after I've arrived at home. I need to repair some notebook for tomorrows occasion. Good thing nothing is happening offshore, where sometimes immediate attendance is needed.

Thanks for the info. And thank you for the generous suggestion and reply. And darling, they are only 5 months old. Milo was 8 months old.