Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Events

Events Latest happenings and events pertaining to pets and animal welfare

Old 11-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: PetFinder.my - World Animal Day, KL Tower - Nov 2

yes, yes, I think so....this reminds me of GARFIELD dancing, well, not exactly, but I think u know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
Blackie,
Hmmm... do you think we can train our cats to dance?? hmmm....
I really like the GARFIELD movie when he danced.... with flabby tummy going up and down...
:)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	funny-dancing-cats.jpg
Views:	1180
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1647  
Old 11-05-2008, 12:37 AM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

That dog doing a demo is a Belgium Shepherd or also known as a Belgium Malinois. And let me show you how Guru Guru (GG) looks like when I rescued him..

And if you think he is handsome, you should see his sister...

Old 11-05-2008, 12:45 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

hi,
the both picture is same breed?

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:33 AM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

yes same breed.. they're brothers n sisters. And the first pic GG was shaved bald before he was surrendered, there are many colours for afghan hounds.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Animal Lover from 501st

Sandtrooper Captain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi Andy and spca and paws and all volunteers

congratulations for successfully pulling it of. from all accounts, it was a great success. i heard so much about it from my friends, even my sisters' colleague who attended.

sorry i missed it due to a recurring foot injury. really wished i was there.

am suprised and yet happy to hear that sea park pet supplies was on of the sponsors of the gift. i didn't know they sponsor the gift. they are great people. so is abco asia too. hope that many members took advantage of the discount to buy some BC for their furkids.

just to share - don't mean to be negative but i feel that as in all organised events, there's bound to be some good feedback as well as not so good feedback and the not so good feedback will provide more info for better improvement for future events.

do you know that the Star Wars 501st Legion was "staffed" by one of my sis' colleagues and his friends? they volunteered to rent the costumes and offer photos for a token sum - all collected monies to be donated so SPCA and PAWs. it was a great hit and success with the public. according to my sis' colleague many members of the public clamoured and even insisted for their photos to be taken but - apparently there was a misunderstanding among the greater part of the public on that day or maybe due to lack of information - whatever it was, quite a number of the public refused to pay for the photos after having their pictures taken. maybe this was due to communication breakdown or just not enough information being given out .

nevertheless the star wars stormtroopers were glad to be of help that day. and needless to say they were all animal lovers,

as is all members of the public who supported the event and spca and paws wholeheartedly, including petfinders.my members who worked at the scene as well as behind the scenes.

kudos, give yourself a clap on the back for a task well done
Greetings PetFinder.my forum members,

I'm glad as everyone here did enjoyed the SPCA World Animal Day! Event at Tower Terrace, KL Tower on 2nd November 2008. Yes it was a great day until the bad weather disrupted the tail end of this wonderfully organized event.

Some clarification is required here about us, the 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST :

I'm the Stormtrooper (or a clean Sandtrooper) wearing the Orange Shoulder Pauldron and here is a picture of myself (in the middle) with my fellow 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST members and friends from the Rebel Legion Malaysian Outpostwhom most of you have seen in Tower Terrace on last Sunday afternoon.

Description : Together with the CEO of KL Tower, Datuk Zulkifli Mohamad, the 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST and Rebel Legion Malaysian Outpost officiated the opening of SPCA's World Animal Day! Event at Tower Terrace, KL Tower.

To set the record straight we are the owners of STAR WARS bad guy costumes that you've seen on that day and we're actually the ones wearing those costumes. Thus the rental part mentioned is therefore inaccurate. However, what Ashely has pointed out captured the essence of our presence and participation (together with our sister organization, the Rebel Legion Malaysian Outpost a.k.a. the STAR WARS good guy characters - Anakin Skywalker, "pregnant" Padme Amidala and Lt Porkins the orange suited X-Wing Pilot) - have our pictures taken with the proceeds going into the Donation Boxes carried by the SPCA Volunteers, with SPCA (I'm not sure about the part on PAWS) as the beneficiary.

Thanks for the feedback on this part - apparently there was a misunderstanding among the greater part of the public on that day or maybe due to lack of information - whatever it was, quite a number of the public refused to pay for the photos after having their pictures taken. maybe this was due to communication breakdown or just not enough information being given out Yes we've encountered that and at times refused to allow our pics to be taken until the members of the public listened to what our SPCA Volunteer with the Donation Box has to say. After all the donation was for a Good Cause. I guess that perhaps the MC should have made frequent announcements for the benefit of the public.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Animal Lover from 501st

Thumbs up Re: PetFinder.my - World Animal Day, KL Tower - Nov 2

Quote:
hi dmib

i hear you! the stormtroopers are something huh? either ToyRUs or the star was outpost next to cathay cineleisure (the curve) - ah , it's called myscififan outpost or something like that - lots of star wars and sci fi stuff - check it out.
Ashley,

The 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST and our members and friends do hang out at MySciFiFan Outpost at Cathay Cineleisure, once a while and don our STAR WARS "bad guy" character suits when the occasion called for it. But as I've posted earlier we own the costumes that you've seen and respond to call for appearances, mainly for charitable causes and on rare ocassions for the fun of it! Here is a group picture of the 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST and our STAR WARS costume friends posing at the main entrance of Cineleisure on 16 August 2008. That was during the first weekend of the release of THE CLONE WARS movie :

(I'm on the extreme left, front row as the Snowtrooper Commander)

To introduce a bit more of ourselves, here is the write up ABOUT the 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST that I've prepared and submitted to Jacinta of SPCA Selangor prior to our appearance in the KL Tower-SPCA World Animal Day! Event on 2 November 2008 :

ABOUT the 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST

The 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST is the local chapter of the 501st LEGION that "occupies" the territories of Malaysia and Brunei. The 501st LEGION is an Worldwide Internet-based Costuming Organization where our members create our realistic and detailed replica costumes of the "bad guys" characters from the STAR WARS Movies and Expanded Universe. As at 27 October 2008, the 501st LEGION has 4,392 active members worldwide and "occupies" 46 Countries in 6 Continents throughout Planet Earth.

The 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST is established in the ranks of the 501st LEGION on 23 January 2006 (with yours truly as its Founding Member and first Commanding Officer.) Since the past 2 years we have grown steadily with members located accross Peninsular Malaysia and Brunei. Our members have participated in local and International Events :-

Rose Parade in Pasadena, California, USA on 1 January 2007 and.

First Asian 501st unit Joint Trooping in Taiwan from 5 to 7 October 2007.

501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST members proudly wear our costumes in public to celebrate our affinity to the STAR WARS movies and stories. Most importantly, to fulfill our MISSION in contributing to the local community through charity and volunteer work. Herein, we are proud to put our resources to good use for fundraising, charity work, and volunteer activities. Our participation in the KL Tower - SPCA World Animal Day! Event on 2nd NOVEMBER 2008 is one such example.

Read more about the charity work undertaken by the 501st LEGION at : http://www.501stlegion.org/charity.php

Currently, the 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST has 14 members in our ranks and we are still growing progressively. Our membership profile info webpage is at :
http://www.501stlegion.org/members/g...?garrisonId=59

Last edited by Sandtrooper Captain; 11-06-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:05 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Sandtrooper,
How much the cost of white soldier unifom beside you stand there. My size is 177mm with 70kg. Also I need a laser gun, give the large one.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Hi Sandtrooper Captain

Thanks for sharing and clarifying - do appreciate that.

I didn't know you guys own the costume - that's awesome - even more awesome is that you guys are are able to translate your love of star wars and love of animals into a common goal/action - i really like that very much.

i'll PM you about joining up not your garrison - i'm into luke skywalker but not the baddies! :-p don't want to detract from discussion about the animal day event. :-)
Old 11-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Animal Lover from 501st

Lightbulb Re: PetFinder.my - World Animal Day, KL Tower - Nov 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Sandtrooper,
How much the cost of white soldier unifom beside you stand there. My size is 177mm with 70kg. Also I need a laser gun, give the large one.
Hey dog is my buddy,

If you are referring to the WHITE ARMORED Stormtrooper - NOT white soldier uniform in this group picture taken with 3 of our K-9 friends :

it costs at least US$650 and that is just for the White ABS Plastic Armor alone EXCLUDING shipping to Malaysia, which will cost between US$100 to US$150, Boots about US$60, Blaster from Hasbro about US$30, Body Suit and Gloves around US$60 and etc.

If you're referring to the "large one" laser gun carried by my US based 501st Mountain Garrison Stormtrooper friend in this pic :

it costs between US$350 to US$450, but sadly you CAN'T bring it into Malaysia, unless you smuggle it it in. That is why I'm building mine from scratch using hardwood, PVC pipes and ABS plastic "T" tracks.

BTW you avatar looks familiar :

Are you also clemetcpteh from the Lowyat.Net forums?

Old 11-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Animal Lover from 501st

Lightbulb Re: PetFinder.my - World Animal Day, KL Tower - Nov 2

Quote:
Hi Sandtrooper Captain

Thanks for sharing and clarifying - do appreciate that.

I didn't know you guys own the costume - that's awesome - even more awesome is that you guys are are able to translate your love of star wars and love of animals into a common goal/action - i really like that very much.
Ashley you're welcome. It is my honor to share with everyone here about the 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST is. Just remember that we are the de facto STAR WARS "bad guys" costuming group in MALAYSIA and BRUNEI who owns and wears these Bad-@$$ suits, and do charity work in them!

You've mentioned that the "Star Wars 501st Legion was "staffed" one of my sis' colleagues and his friends" may I ask who is your sister's colleague, if you don't mind?

Quote:
i'll PM you about joining up not your garrison - i'm into luke skywalker but not the baddies! :-p don't want to detract from discussion about the animal day event. :-)
No worries I've sent you a PM on who you can contact from the Rebel Legion Malaysian Outpost, our sister organisation who is into STAR WARS "good guys" character costuming. Yep come to think of we can make do with a Luke Skywalker in our group!

Old 11-08-2008, 03:06 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Sandtrooper Captain,
Thanks for your information, Yes I am Lowyat forum member. Nice to meet you here.

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 11-08-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

DIMB: Wow, Clement, u have been found out by Sandtrooper Captain.

Sandtrooper Captain: A very big and warm welcome to you here.
My favourite character is Darth Vader....I was disappointed not to see him there that day. Besides him, I also love Master Yoda....ok, sign off I must now.