Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 11-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Animal Lover

Casualgal is on a distinguished road
Default Dog Cruelty By MPSJ

Monday November 10, 2008
Dog catchers acted cruelly, alleges rescuer
By WANI MUTHIAH

INDEPENDENT stray dog rescuer Amy Foo had the shock of her life recently as she was taking a leisurely morning stroll near her home in Bandar Kinrara, Puchong.

Foo, 32, alleges that she saw a group of five men, several of them in Subang Jaya Municipal Council (MPSJ) uniform, beating a dog and forcing it out through the railings of a locked gate.

“I heard a dog yelping in pain as I was taking my walk, and went to investigate what was going on.

“What I saw made my blood turn cold as several of the men had climbed over the gate into the premises of the locked empty house and were hitting a dog which had taken shelter there,” she said.

Since the gate was locked, the men proceeded to drag the medium-sized dog out through the narrow railings of the gate, she alleged.

“The railings began to graze and cut the dog in the mouth and ear region and there was a lot of blood, and the frightened dog was screaming in pain,” alleged Foo tearfully.

Foo said she approached the men who scolded her for interfering and threatened to compound her for obstructing them.

Please find abused dog's picture attached! In pain: The dog with one of its ears injured after the ordeal.

“They also began to use more force on the poor dog after I had approached them,” alleged Foo, who added that she believed that the dog was not a stray as it was wearing a collar chain.

Distraught and not knowing what to do, Foo contacted several other independent dog rescuers, who immediately called Selangor executive councillor in charge of local councils Ronnie Liu, who advised them to lodge a police report.

Foo lodged a report at the Puchong police station and rushed to the MPSJ dog pound located not very far from the area.

“What I saw there only depressed me further as the dog was locked up in the pound, bleeding and in pain,’’ alleged Foo.

When contacted, MPSJ president Datuk Adnan Md Ikshan said he would look into the matter as well as speak to the relevant officers.

Meanwhile, Foo and several other independent rescuers are working towards getting the injured dog out of the MPSJ dog pound in Puchong to send it for treatment.

Said one of the rescuers, Leigh Chen, who had rushed with Foo to look for the dog at the pound after it had been brought there: “This dog has undergone a traumatic and merciless ordeal at the hands of the council dog catchers.

“Given this, it is only fair that this unfortunate dog be given a chance to live the rest of its canine life in a loving home after it has been treated for its gruesome injuries.”

Chen added that she hoped municipal council dog catchers and their appointed agents would not resort to cruelty when capturing strays.

“We, the animal rescuers, plead with those who deal with strays to do their job with a sense of compassion coupled with the realisation that animals, too, know fear and pain, just like us human beings,” added Chen.

Those interested in sponsoring the injured dog’s treatment or adopting it can write to malaysiandogsdeservebetter@gmail.com.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m_pg11ear.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1710  
Old 11-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road
Angry Dog catchers acted cruelly, alleges rescuer

DAMN WHOEVER DID THIS TO THE POOR DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAY YOU SUFFER THE SAME THING IN YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CALL YOURSELF MULTI COUNCIL .. OFFICER DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!1***TOOT****!!!!!!!!!!

i just read this on the metro section star newspaper
its really heart ache to see this poor healthy dog going to torture ordeal..

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.as...41&sec=central
Old 11-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Dog Cruelty By MPSJ

This is absolutely unacceptable behavior, and such cruel people should be immediately identified, named and shamed in the public. Regulations must be revised to cover cruelty and abuse of power by such enforcers - they are not above the law, and they have absolutely no right to mistreat any animal whether owned or strays.

Anyone that comes across such cases should immediately take photos and videos of the dog catchers in action, using it as evidence in the police reports and circulate it online to have them condemned by the entire nation.

Do not be intimated by them - we know what is right and we have the ability to make things right. Such people are just wimps that only dare to bully helpless animals.

Let's all keep a sharper lookout for such abuse cases - and gather as much evidence as we can. It's time to put a stop on such heinous acts and we must upscale our fight for the animals' welfare.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:44 PM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

i surely cannot accept this ordeal..
how inhuman are those bunch of guys and for sure i assume that they are all atleast highschool educated and not retarded in any way considering they're working for the MPSJ..
well, they are inhuman and seriously stupid as hell!
really hope that the appropriate actions are taken, please don't let this matter just slip away, that dog deserve some justice..
Old 11-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

i wish i could drag those idiots and *toot* into the same condition as what is being done to the poor dog
how could they do this man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The dog is innocent man!!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Poor, poor doggie.
My heart bleeds at the sight of the injuries. These inhumane dog catchers must be punished.

Another thing....if this dog was inside a house compound, why did the dog catchers climb over the gate to get to the dog? Isn't that trespassing? Can Amy Foo contact the owner of that house (since she saw the incident) and get the owner to sue the dog catchers just to teach them a lesson?
Old 11-10-2008, 10:25 PM
PetFinder Guru

BellXun is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Dog Cruelty By MPSJ

Hmmm interesting......

I wonder does the dog catchers get commisions for each dog that they catch?? why so much trouble to get that particular dog. If its me, I give up after the dog hide under the chair. Hehehe.

I think monitoring is better than direct punishment. Let every dog catcher's activity be video recorded. like say "4 person to catch, one person to video" in every team, there must be a recorder. Dog that are caught without video proof shall be released. How that sounds? like my idea?. hehe
Old 11-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Meow's Pets

firdaruddin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to firdaruddin

mereka ni sebenarnya bukan pekerja tetap local authority...just a company yang ambil kontrak..untuk setiap ekor yang dapat ditangkap,mereka akan dapat komisyen....tu yang main tangkap je regardless ada owner or stray..janji duit masuk..
Old 11-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Animal Lover

ForPHiT^1 is on a distinguished road

One forum states that these demons get RM45 for each dog they caught. I personally find the commission quite attractive. No wonder their brain failed when they see dogs.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Meow's Pets

tau takpe..tu pasal la mereka sanggup tangkap mana2 anjing atau kucing walaupun di dalam kawasan rumah ownernya....regardless stray atau ber tuan..
Old 11-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Paying commissions to outsourced dog catchers must be strongly condemned and abolished. These are conscious lives we are talking about, not some commodity or disposable item.

It is absolutely absurd, and is like having the police outsource their tasks of catching thieves to other people and granting them commission per thief caught, while the authorities themselves sit back and relax.

What will result is an abuse of power by the outsourced parties and irresponsible, negligent approaches in meeting the objectives for the sake of monetary benefits.

If they are under-resourced and must absolutely outsource it, then they should at least work with the animal shelters directly - pay SPCA or PAWS to hire more teams to safely and humanely capture the strays. The animals would be in much safer hands. In fact, to take it a step further, the dog pounds should be managed like animals shelters, where animals are being decently treated and try their best to give these animals a second lease of life.

If I had the resources (and connections), I would definitely reorganize the management and regulations in these dog pounds, enacting strict animal welfare policies, funding them to properly manage the captured strays, impose a longer holding duration before animals are put to sleep, find adopters for them, and transport some of the strays to other states for rehoming.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Meow's Pets

kalau ada connection la...if not,kita hanya boleh protes di luar seperti anjing menyalak bukit...bukit takkan runtuh...tapi kalau guna excavator, mungkin boleh..something like set up a sign-on petition n then hantar kepada mereka..or boleh buat aduan di sukatkhabar...for sure,the paper will love it..and kalau boleh, jangan hantar ke newspaper yang pro-government..takut mereka buat tak tahu je..hantar ke several newspaper publisher..by god will, maybe akan ada respon.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Animal Lover

ForPHiT^1 is on a distinguished road

I think maybe we could find out which Selangor executive councillor is a true animal lover. Then we show him/her the pictures and videos of cruelty to animal. Bring them to dog pound to see how animals are being put down. Persuade him/her, brainwash them. Eventually, maybe the executive councillors might be the one who can't stand with the eternal suffering of strays and work to close down these dog pounds.

By the way, government really needs to build more animal shelters. States like Pahang, Terengganu and Kelantan don't have any animal shelters at all. For those states with animal shelters, there are more shelters needed in non-capital cities. Each perbandaran should have one!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Meow's Pets

i couldn't agree more. ;)
Old 11-11-2008, 04:34 AM
PetFinder Guru

hourus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to hourus Send a message via Yahoo to hourus
Angry Re: Dog Cruelty By MPSJ

i blieve karma will strike back those so-called 'catchers' big time for their greed and their inhumane act what goes around comes around !!

zzzzzz.....woof woof
FurKid in the Car
Old 11-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default SPCA Friday Flash ...

Got this from the Friday Flash:

DVS delivered some great news when SPCA met with them on Wednesday! Among the highlights : An ‘Animal Welfare Unit’ will be set up by DVS and headed by Dr Redzuan before year end - to look into the welfare of all animals. Also, the continuation of the ‘Humane Dog Catching’ workshop will be held on 27th November 2008. The program should last between 1 ½ days to 2 days with a spread of lectures and dog counts. In the humane education front, SPCA and DVS will work together on visiting national schools to conduct humane education programs. Referring to Turbo’s case, SPCA highlighted to DVS that the public wants to know the outcome. DVS stated that Dog Catching Companies must be registered and accredited by DVS and guidelines strictly followed. A yearly audit would be done by DVS to all Dog Catching Companies ensuring all guidelines are properly followed. SPCA also plans to work with DVS to phase out livestock sold in pet shops. A slow process but a start at least! To top it all off, DVS will be going with SPCA to MP Selayang on 28 October 2008 for the ‘Stray Free Selangor & Selayang’ meeting! SPCA would like to thank the DVS for their continued support of animal welfare!

Tapi, before we start applauding and rejoicing, let us wait to see some continuous positive results because as we all know, "some" people are very, very good with cadangan but the implementation sucks! Or hangat-hangat taik ayam/penyapu baru only ... there needs to be good follow-up and follow-throughs to any program proposed by the government - right from the top level down to the lowest level and continuous monitoring.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 11-11-2008, 09:37 AM
PetFinder Buddy

JScott is on a distinguished road

This doesn't look at all good to foreign tourists. They'll start boycotting Malaysia soon if the government doesn't stop hiring their pay by commission contract dog catchers.

I still don't understand why the government allows such barbaric acts to be carried out which tarnishes the name and reputation of their own country and people. Don't they feel ashamed?

There is always a better solution than commission contract workers and I'm sure that if we all put our heads together, we can create a great plan to help curb these occurrences from happening
Old 11-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Addicted to Cats..

meowbaby is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: Dog Cruelty By MPSJ

oh such cruelty..!!!!!! cian doggy... :(

wat goes around comes around.... da*n those people..!!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Puppet Master~

chemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

very cruel la those ppl... why not police dept. adopt strays and train them to be their allies? all dogs can be trained right?
Old 11-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Animal Lover

Casualgal is on a distinguished road

I have spoken to SPCA. They told me that Dog Catchers get commission of roughly RM30 per dog. Dog catchers are normally ruthless and inhumane - comes from the gangsters society. They can do bad things to you. There was a case that was filed by SPCA that the Dog catchers actually took one dog from its home with the owners around and send it back to them the next day, dead. The owner wanted to sue, but afraid of the family's safety, he did not pursue further. Officers from SPCA told me that there are many cases that dog catchers was seen selling lost pedigrees (found on streets) for profit and also some sold the poor doggies and cats for their meat. A$$holes, right?! Anyway, SPCA told me that they didn't and couldn't act on it as they are afraid that these dog catchers might harm the shelters. They said that they can only pursue by going to Jabatan Haiwan ... but it has been years and nothing has been resolved.

My friend told me that there is one way to get things moving. Micheal Chong from MCA. He is known to attend to complaints personally. I do not know how to get to him, but I filed a complaint to MCA Selangor and hopefully can get to Michael Chong. I written about the Star newspaper case and the old cases like said above. I am guessing if we gather and flood their complaint inbox, they would do something, so I would appreciate some help! I have posted the MCA Selangor complaint form's URL below, please complaint like how I did mine...angry, pissed off at all that has happenned to our animal friends!

http://www.mca-selangor.org.my/en/mo...?name=Feedback

Thank you all!

P.S. Please kindly donate for the poor dog's medical expenses if possible. The email of the temporary shelter is listed on the very first post. I personally have donated. This shelter have no connection to me, I'm only a donor.