Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Announcements, Notices and Contests

Announcements, Notices and Contests General announcements, latest developments at PetFinder.my and contests with cool prizes!

Old 08-06-2009, 01:51 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Smile PetFinder Voucher System - Launched!

Dear Members,

PetFinder.my has just launched its latest feature - the PetFinder Voucher System!

This voucher system is designed to encourage the adoption of homeless animals and spaying/neutering efforts. PetFinder.my will be subsidizing 50% of the adoption fee from certified rescuers, up to a maximum of RM50. Each member would be entitled to one adoption only.

To obtain the voucher, you can browse to the pet profiles of certified rescuer, and click on "Get Voucher". (Note: This option is only displayed for non-free pets that are spayed/neutered)

For more information on the voucher system, please click on the Vouchers link at the top navigation bar, or proceed to the page below:
http://www.petfinder.my/vouchers.htm

We hope that this system can help encourage people, especially wanna-be pet owners to give a try at adopting homeless animals. This voucher system is funded by corporate sponsorship, and we will continue to do our best to source for further sponsors to keep this fund rolling.

The voucher system is currently in a testing phase, so we are only making it available to rescuers in the Klang valley. Participants include PAWS, SPCA, Save-A-Stray, Rescue2Rehome and independent rescuers. If there are any rescuers interested in participating, please check out the Vouchers page for more details.

Please let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

Last edited by AndyKoh; 08-06-2009 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:49 AM
i'm da devil.....

jenn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PetFinder Voucher System - Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Dear Members,

PetFinder.my has just launched its latest feature - the PetFinder Voucher System!

This voucher system is designed to encourage the adoption of homeless animals and spaying/neutering efforts. PetFinder.my will be subsidizing 50% of the adoption fee from certified rescuers, up to a maximum of RM50. Each member would be entitled to one adoption only.

To obtain the voucher, you can browse to the pet profiles of certified rescuer, and click on "Get Voucher". (Note: This option is only displayed for non-free pets that are spayed/neutered)

For more information on the voucher system, please click on the Vouchers link at the top navigation bar, or proceed to the page below:

We hope that this system can help encourage people, especially wanna-be pet owners to give a try at adopting homeless animals. This voucher system is funded by corporate sponsorship, and we will continue to do our best to source for further sponsors to keep this fund rolling.

The voucher system is currently in a testing phase, so we are only making it available to rescuers in the Klang valley. Participants include PAWS, SPCA, Save-A-Stray, Rescue2Rehome and independent rescuers. If there are any rescuers interested in participating, please check out the Vouchers page for more details.

less argument in adoption fees.... and chances of pet adoption will go higher... brilliant...
Old 08-06-2009, 10:30 AM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dear Members,

NIce....
Old 08-06-2009, 10:43 AM
PetFinder Guru

oni hatamah is on a distinguished road

Hai andy

it is a very noble act, and may you be blessed for all the good deeds.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Thanks Jenn, Nurkasih and Oni, please let your friends know about this too if they plan to adopt a pet

I believe that once we can get people to check out these homeless animals, the likelihood of them adopting an animal would be much greater and they would think twice about purchasing one for 10 - 20 times the price.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Very timely.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:19 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Andy,
I would like give some help for those people using PetFinder Voucher System, and they bring the dog go for training can have 50% fee. Isnt good idea?
if you and another Participants include PAWS, SPCA, Save-A-Stray, Rescue2Rehome and independent rescuers interest this.
I will check with dog training club at whole Malaysia as I knew.

Quote:
Thanks Jenn, Nurkasih and Oni, please let your friends know about this too if they plan to adopt a pet

I believe that once we can get people to check out these homeless animals, the likelihood of them adopting an animal would be much greater and they would think twice about purchasing one for 10 - 20 times the price.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Cayang Kucing

farahnm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to farahnm

this good..shud courage more people to adopt cat.. probably in conjunction with this voucher system, we can start a campaign "1 house 1 cat/dog".
Old 08-06-2009, 11:33 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Public education and courage people to adopt homeless animals very importent. Is glad to heard "1 house 1 cat/dog" from local shelter. Help public and local shelter too,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by farahnm View Post
this good..shud courage more people to adopt cat.. probably in conjunction with this voucher system, we can start a campaign "1 house 1 cat/dog".

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Clement,

Good idea! Can you please PM me more details on which training club it is and available in which states? It'd certainly be a good additional incentive to encourage adoptions.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:46 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Farah,

Yes, we should encourage more people to take up a pet... it can really do wonders to a family.

I wish the government could offer an incentive to pet owners, i.e. tax deductible for adopting an animal from qualified rescue organisations and subsequent expenditures on their food and medical treatment... that would help encourage more people to introduce a furry companion into their homes.

Last edited by AndyKoh; 08-07-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:43 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Hi Andy,
at the moment i knew is Penang and KL states, today i have send the email to them for inquire more detail for support 50% offer fee. They will reply soon.
I come back to you later.,

Quote:
Clement,

Good idea! Can you please PM me more details on which training club it is and available in which states? It'd certainly be a good additional incentive to encourage adoptions.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:39 PM
PetFinder Buddy

monkee94 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to monkee94

Petfinder’s New Voucher System !

To encourage adoptions of homeless animals and spaying / neutering efforts, PetFinder.my has partnered with corporate sponsors to create a PetFinder.my Fund dedicated to subsidizing pet adoptions. As a valued member of PetFinder, you are entitled to redeem your subsidy when you adopt an animal from certified rescuers.
Below are a list of certified rescuers where you may utilize our subsidy with:

SPCA

cerz

acsyen

alicialinghorsley

PAWS

Jacqueline

alicelim

How does it work?

Once you have determined a pet that you are interested to adopt from a certified rescuer, you will see an option to generate a PetFinder Voucher. You will need to fill in your name, IC/Passport and mobile number, which will be included in the generated Voucher. You will then print out the Voucher and present it to the rescuer during adoption. Your information must be accurate and will be verified by the Rescuer. You will immediately receive a 50% discount on the pet adoption fee, up to a maximum of RM50.

What are the Terms & Conditions?
1. Adopter must be a member of PetFinder.my
2. Adopter must present his IC/Passport and mobile number to be verified against the printed information
3. Each adopter is only entitled to redeem ONE voucher within PetFinder.my
4. Each voucher may only be used ONCE, before its expiry date
5. Adopter is only entitled to redeem a 50% subsidy of the adoption fee, up to a maximum value of RM50
6. Voucher will be cancelled if Adopter returns the pet to the Rescuer
7. The Voucher can only be applied to the adoption of a pet that is already spayed/neutered
8. The Voucher will be rejected if PetFinder.my's corporate sponsorship funds have been used up.
How do I get listed as a certified rescuer?
You can apply to be a certified rescuer if you meet the following criteria:
1. You would need to be a member of PetFinder.my for at least 6 months
2. You must have at least 5 successfully rehomed pet profiles in the PetFinder system
3. Your pets must be spayed/neutered before being put up for adoption
To apply, please contact us for further information. Please note that the approval of certified rescuers are at the sole discretion of PetFinder.my.

What if my friends wish to utilize the subsidy to adopt a pet?

Please ask your friends to sign up to PetFinder.my, then follow the instructions above on applying for a Voucher. They may not use your Voucher as their personal information must correspond to the printed details on the Voucher.

How do I contribute towards this fund?

We are currently seeking corporate sponsors to keep this fund rolling. If you wish to become a corporate sponsor and contribute towards the welfare of homeless animals, please contact us at www.petfinder.my for further information.

I was wondering if we could print out the above message paste it at pet shops who dont sell pets(to avoid trouble) and veterinarian clinics to help spread the message????
Old 08-15-2009, 01:01 PM
PetFinder Moderator

I have a question, about SPCA, isnt for all Malaysia SPCA like can using PetFinder Voucher?

Last edited by AndyKoh; 08-18-2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Long repeat quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hi Monkee94,

It'd certainly be great if you can get the support of pet shops / vets that you are familiar with to support this cause. Please do let me know if you are able to do so, and I'll prepare a better copy for you to print out.

Thank you for your assistance!
Old 08-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Clement,

Yes, right now it's only open to certified rescuers in the Klang Valley for 3 reasons:

1) Main thing is so that it's easier for us to control the testing process for now, when rescuers are nearby and we can easily verify the physical voucher being presented

2) We have limited funds for now, so we can't roll it out in full scale immediately, or else the funds might run out very fast

3) This is still in a testing phase and we might need to fine tune the procedures, so we would only open up the system to more rescuers once the processes are proven to be effective with bugs fixed

If we receive good response from this initial phase, it'd be easier for us to approach more corporate sponsors to keep this fund rolling, and subsequently make it available to rescuers across the nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
I have a question, about SPCA, isnt for all Malaysia SPCA like can using PetFinder Voucher?
Old 08-19-2009, 01:34 AM
Cat Lover

azraf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to azraf

Nice idea! Hope more strays will be adopted soon.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:31 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Yeah! I can start with my familiar pet shops and vets and also ask them to spread the news along.

Quote:
Hi Monkee94,

It'd certainly be great if you can get the support of pet shops / vets that you are familiar with to support this cause. Please do let me know if you are able to do so, and I'll prepare a better copy for you to print out.

Thank you for your assistance!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:44 PM
PetFinder Moderator

sound glad to hear that. Please list up those pet shop and location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkee94 View Post
Yeah! I can start with my familiar pet shops and vets and also ask them to spread the news along.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:34 PM
PetFinder Buddy

I was thinking of starting with the vet which my dog goes to which is the companion animal veterinary clinic and also the place where i buy her food and toys. I was also thinking of enquring at other petshops and clinics to see if they would allow me to post it at their shops. Thats all I can think of at the mean time. Will try to find more.