Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your dog's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 05-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Animal Lover

weetingtan is on a distinguished road
Default Ways to remove flea

Hi all,

I realize there is one big flea at my MS - Heidi's head. I remove it and very worry is there any other fleas around her. Please advice on how to remove it entirely.

Thank you very much...
Old 05-06-2009, 12:01 PM
i'm da devil.....

jenn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ways to remove flea

there is some tablets u can buy from vet... just need to feed them once a week then all da fleas will die...
Old 05-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Animal Lover

thanks jenn,

then i shall go to the vet and ask for the tablet..thanks..im really so worry bout my girl till cannot sleep...thanks again..
Old 05-06-2009, 02:36 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

you can also spray her fur with frontline and for maintenance, apply frontline spot-on once every 6 weeks. you can get these at pet stores or at your vet.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
you can also spray her fur with frontline and for maintenance, apply frontline spot-on once every 6 weeks. you can get these at pet stores or at your vet.
actually, i heard lot of ppl talking bout this frontline. can i know what is that? is it a brand? or the name of the spray? please advice
Old 05-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Human :-)

prinz38i is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to prinz38i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn View Post
there is some tablets u can buy from vet... just need to feed them once a week then all da fleas will die...
Hi Jenn,

What is the tablet name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetingtan View Post
actually, i heard lot of ppl talking bout this frontline. can i know what is that? is it a brand? or the name of the spray? please advice
Yes, Frontline is a brand. Few types available:spray, spot on - this the only that I know
Old 05-07-2009, 02:17 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

frontline is the brand. check it out at http://frontline.us.merial.com/products/index.asp

in malaysia, you can buy frontline spray or frontline spot-on treatments from any vet and most pet stores.

good luck!!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:37 PM
PetFinder Guru

hatemetoday is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetingtan View Post

frontline spot on combo works best...3 pipets in a box - rm52 only available at any vet - kills mites/fleas etc..at one shot....happy searching
Old 05-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemetoday View Post
frontline spot on combo works best...3 pipets in a box - rm52 only available at any vet - kills mites/fleas etc..at one shot....happy searching
hi all,

thanks. i actually prefer the tablet but when i went to the vet, they told me do not have such tablet, so end up they advice me to use frontline. I use this morning. spray the entire puppy. hopefully it can solve my problem.

as for the tablet, any of u all know what is the name of it??

thanks again..
Old 05-08-2009, 04:52 PM
i'm da devil.....

jenn is on a distinguished road

weetingtan, eh.. sorry for da late reply, i'm not very sure with the name but will try to ask for u ... will let u know next monday... hope that ur puppy is fine...:P
Old 05-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Animal Lover

Mutt is on a distinguished road

Hi there,
Sorry I'm late to reply to this. I think the tablet you are thinking of is a medication called CAPSTAR. It is suppose to kill all live fleas on an animal in a quick period of time. I think they suggest it be used in conjunction witih a flea/medicated bath. Frontline topical and spray are good things to use as a preventative. A few other suggestions I might make for your Heidi: (a) Normally it's never just ONE flea. You might want to give her a bath with a mild shampoo. Leave the shampoo on for a few minutes so as to suffocate any remaining fleas and rinse really well. (b) If she has any bedding or sleeps with you in bed wash all bedding material in warm/HOT water. If you have a dryer- set it on warm and dry items in the dryer to aid in killing any remaining fleas/eggs. (c) Finally, wipe down any hard surfaces/mop floors, vacuum carpets etc.
I know this seems like a lot of work but if you can manage to kill all of the fleas and get rid of the eggs, and get Heidi on flea prevention you should be able to avoid an outbreak.
The next time you are at the vets ask about purchasing what is called a flea comb. These small fine tooth combs can help you detect fleas and flea feces which will help you plan your method or control/attack.
Finally, feed your companion the best quality food you can afford. Fleas tend to want to hang out on our friends who might not be as healthy as they could be!
Best of luck and I hope Heidi is flea free for a long time!
Old 05-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Animal Lover

dear mutt,

really thanks to you. i will do all that to ensure she is FLEA FREE..really really appreciate on your advice.

thanks again..
Old 05-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Animal Lover

sandy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to sandy

Hi,

I don't know either any different of cat flea n dog flea...if got any please correct me ok?

My Sandy (cat) ,when i adopted him, there were so many flea hiding here and there. One day, I brought him to vet clinic (in Pusat Bandar Puchong), the doctor gave me one bottle of ubat kutu (spray type). She said just spray to the whole body of Sandy then let him in his cage about one day. Tomorrow, very suprisingly, the flea was gone...his body looks very clean and glowing. The spray about RM40++. The doctor said just spray once a month to prevent the flea comes back.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:02 AM
PetFinder Guru

adamyala is on a distinguished road

Ya siti,
that sounds like front-line spray. It really works if you use regularly, like once a month as the vet advised.

Spot-on frontline combo also very effective. Apply one whole pipet to the cat's neck, which is not reachable for him to lick. It works same as the spray, minus the licking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy View Post
Hi,

I don't know either any different of cat flea n dog flea...if got any please correct me ok?

My Sandy (cat) ,when i adopted him, there were so many flea hiding here and there. One day, I brought him to vet clinic (in Pusat Bandar Puchong), the doctor gave me one bottle of ubat kutu (spray type). She said just spray to the whole body of Sandy then let him in his cage about one day. Tomorrow, very suprisingly, the flea was gone...his body looks very clean and glowing. The spray about RM40++. The doctor said just spray once a month to prevent the flea comes back.