Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Announcements, Notices and Contests

Announcements, Notices and Contests General announcements, latest developments at PetFinder.my and contests with cool prizes!

Old 06-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Smile Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

Dear All,

Petster Magazine organized a photoshoot last Saturday, for a billboard poster that would be promoting their upcoming services, and also to get better exposure for pet adoptions. A big thanks to William of Petster for his excellent effort, and to all the guests that were punctual and cooperative (Edward of PAWS was the most punctual, arriving way before any of us)!

Attending the photoshoot are representatives from PAWS, SPCA, Furry Friends Farm, Home-A-Pet, and PetFinder. It was a fun session and the best part of it was seeing the absolutely adorable animals going on camera... (Ok, I lied a little, the best part was seeing these cute animals on camera with the pretty models haha!)

Below are some photos I took... a photoshoot of the photoshoot, enjoy!

William and J-Ye arriving at the scene

Setting up the studio

Bollywood dancer-wannabe entertaining the crowd

Planning out the photoshoot

Petster & PetFinder buddies

Candy and the Home-A-Pet group arriving with Coco the fluffy Pekingese

Shayne grooming Columbus the blind Yorkshire Terrier. Absolutely wonderful and elegant boy that keeps his chin high and confident.

Cool cat in hot sunglasses

Hansel & Gretel arriving in a little foam box with the Furry Friends Farm team

Eric sticking out his tongue to welcome his canine enemies

J-Ye sending Eric for photoshoot

Mr.Bollywood and me having a drink before photoshoot begins. Thanks to Edward for the drink!

Lights on.. shooting time!

Sweet little Hansel

Candy enjoying a happy moment with Eric

Cute little Gretel

Sweet smile and a cool cat

Professional photographer Bernard in action

Jacinta undergoing some light makeup

Little Hansel is a bit shy..

A nice shot of Jacinta and the kitty

Candy and the vision-impaired Columbus

Little Columbus and his fluffy wife Coco. A loving couple indeed ~

Kitty kitty, look here!

Coco girl's turn to face the camera!

Macho Edward looking good

Bernard photographing the models

Posing for the lens

Buddies - Andy, Bernard, Ezer and William

With the Furry Friends Farm gang - Stephanie, Louis & co

William, Shayne, Andy, Ezer, Candy and Coco the Pekingese

Last edited by AndyKoh; 06-22-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:27 AM
PetFinder Guru

abzalia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to abzalia
Default Re: Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

wahhhhhhhh...
ezer got a new name oledi hah...
mr bollywood..
ngeh ngeh ngeh ngeh
Old 06-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Petster Billboard Photoshoot Gallery

oh!! Wow!! beatiful cats n dogs with beautiful people My vote goes to Mr Bollywood wannabe & Eric the cat
Old 06-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Very good picture quality, Andy! What camera are you using, and which setting mode you used? hehe, I am a wannabe photographer hobbyist....
Old 06-22-2009, 12:11 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

Looks like loads of fun! :)

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 06-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Haha... thanks, Blackie. It's a Nikon D90 camera that I recently bought... still learning to use it! The pictures are a mixture of Auto mode, and some Manual ones with custom aperture & shutter settings... I love photography too

If you're into photography, I also suggest that you learn up on photo retouching using Adobe Photoshop and some good plugins.. that would enhance the pictures greatly and gives you unlimited room for creativity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Very good picture quality, Andy! What camera are you using, and which setting mode you used? hehe, I am a wannabe photographer hobbyist....
Old 06-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

wah all like supermodel only including the cats and dogs
so cuteeeeeeee hahaa...

as i said Andy will be our part time photographer
Old 06-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Petfinder Moderator

wow, if you are still learning, I can't imagine what you will produce when you finally master it! :)

It's the custom aperture & shutter settings that I am always fumbling with. Not easy to get it right.

Thanks for the tip on learning to retouch photos using Adobe Photoshop & plugins (what plugins??). I shall look into it. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Haha... thanks, Blackie. It's a Nikon D90 camera that I recently bought... still learning to use it! The pictures are a mixture of Auto mode, and some Manual ones with custom aperture & shutter settings... I love photography too

If you're into photography, I also suggest that you learn up on photo retouching using Adobe Photoshop and some good plugins.. that would enhance the pictures greatly and gives you unlimited room for creativity!
Old 06-22-2009, 02:26 PM
PetFinder Guru

I like photography too ... but digital has grown way very advanced that my very limited brains cells would take!

Jacinta looks great in the pix.

I really wish someone would come out with "street" cats or dogs photo and put them in print on calendars, diaries (SPCA, perhaps??).

See link below, you'll get what I mean...

http://www.pbase.com/sept_sea/catstreet

sillylupie-shop
Old 06-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Lupie,

How about offering those lovely photos of the strays that you rescued? Especially the before and after --- before you took them, and after 5 weeks' of care from you.....I think those are so inspiring. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
I like photography too ... but digital has grown way very advanced that my very limited brains cells would take!

Jacinta looks great in the pix.

I really wish someone would come out with "street" cats or dogs photo and put them in print on calendars, diaries (SPCA, perhaps??).

See link below, you'll get what I mean...

http://www.pbase.com/sept_sea/catstreet
Old 06-22-2009, 02:36 PM
PetFinder Guru

No no no ... cannot .... my photography skills sucks big time, especially with my SONY camera, nowadays I only click, "view" and most of the time, "delete" .. :)

Vivi has great photography skills with street cats ... :)

sillylupie-shop
Old 06-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hahaha... yes, Vivi... so now I can work part time as a 狗仔队 (Paparazzi, in Chinese it's called "Doggy Team") trying to capture all the cute 狗仔 (Doggy)...

I love taking photos of animals, their expressions are so genuine and innocent... the only problem is you have to keep making monkey faces and noises to attract their attention since they will never look steadily at the camera, and you gotta take a few dozen shots to get a decent one haha..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
wah all like supermodel only including the cats and dogs
so cuteeeeeeee hahaa...

as i said Andy will be our part time photographer
Old 06-22-2009, 02:49 PM
PetFinder Guru

Not easy to photograph animals ...

It takes patience ... lots of "goo-goo-gaa-gaa" and like Andy says, noise to attract their attention!

God I am confused, who's the one who takes stray cats pix? Vivi or vivien .. not same person? Hmmmm

sillylupie-shop
Old 06-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Ah, the credit goes to the camera and Photoshop, not me...

I'm not good at setting the aperture and shutter settings too... usually I take some shots of a particular location or angle first with varying parameters first to see what works best...

Maybe you can get a good Photoshop book teaching you on all the retouch stuff... many common tasks can be achieved with the default filters that come with the software, although plugins make life much easier. You can try some plugins like "Portraiture" and also Digital Film Tools' "Digital Film Labs" and "Light"... those are pretty easy to use for enhancing portraits.

Quote:
wow, if you are still learning, I can't imagine what you will produce when you finally master it! :)

It's the custom aperture & shutter settings that I am always fumbling with. Not easy to get it right.

Thanks for the tip on learning to retouch photos using Adobe Photoshop & plugins (what plugins??). I shall look into it. :)
Old 06-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Petfinder Moderator

hahaha.....what, are you serious, Andy, about paparazzi being called a doggy team??

I also love taking photos of animals. To quote my mum: "how come I only see photos of animals and sceneries each time I open your album? where are the humans in your photos?"

Quote:
Hahaha... yes, Vivi... so now I can work part time as a 狗仔队 (Paparazzi, in Chinese it's called "Doggy Team") trying to capture all the cute 狗仔 (Doggy)...

I love taking photos of animals, their expressions are so genuine and innocent... the only problem is you have to keep making monkey faces and noises to attract their attention since they will never look steadily at the camera, and you gotta take a few dozen shots to get a decent one haha..

Andy, are you speaking English or Latin (in reference to the sentence in bold)??!!

This is how much I understand of what you're saying. Lol....!!!! yeah, I'm that useless & hopeless.

Quote:
Ah, the credit goes to the camera and Photoshop, not me...

I'm not good at setting the aperture and shutter settings too... usually I take some shots of a particular location or angle first with varying parameters first to see what works best...

Maybe you can get a good Photoshop book teaching you on all the retouch stuff... many common tasks can be achieved with the default filters that come with the software, although plugins make life much easier. You can try some plugins like "Portraiture" and also Digital Film Tools' "Digital Film Labs" and "Light"... those are pretty easy to use for enhancing portraits.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Quote:
hahaha.....what, are you serious, Andy, about paparazzi being called a doggy team??

I also love taking photos of animals. To quote my mum: "how come I only see photos of animals and sceneries each time I open your album? where are the humans in your photos?"
Haha.. yup, that's true... it's called a Doggy Team, because these guys tail celebrities like sniffer dogs

And most of my travel photos are like yours too, largely filled with sceneries, animals, and... food!

Quote:
Andy, are you speaking English or Latin (in reference to the sentence in bold)??!!

This is how much I understand of what you're saying. Lol....!!!! yeah, I'm that useless & hopeless.
Ah, no worries, a well-illustrated book would demystify these concepts and jargons for you... it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, basically just tweaking various values to adjust the effects to your likings.. and you're on your way to becoming a professional photographer!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Quote:
Haha.. yup, that's true... it's called a Doggy Team, because these guys tail celebrities like sniffer dogs

And most of my travel photos are like yours too, largely filled with sceneries, animals, and... food!
oh ya, I remember...you have a blog, too, but I can no longer recall the URL. If you don't wish to post it here, could you PM me the URL? Would love to go "kacau-kacau" in your blog. :)

Quote:
Ah, no worries, a well-illustrated book would demystify these concepts and jargons for you... it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, basically just tweaking various values to adjust the effects to your likings.. and you're on your way to becoming a professional photographer!
hahaha.....do you mean a dummer than dumb dummy's guide to photography skills? :)

Ok.... my new project, to go hunt for a good book that a dummer than dummy could understand. :)
Old 06-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Oh, you meant my personal website with travel pics? It's at http://www.chunhoh.com/ but it's pretty outdated already, too lazy to update them this few years... more recent ones are mostly uploaded in my Facebook account

Haha... not those Dummy's and Idiot's guides lah I was referring to a Photoshop book actually... in fact, I have one to recommend, let me go home and dig out the info and I'll email it to you ya. I'm sure you'll have a great time playing with these tutorials enhancing the photos of you and Blackie!

Quote:
oh ya, I remember...you have a blog, too, but I can no longer recall the URL. If you don't wish to post it here, could you PM me the URL? Would love to go "kacau-kacau" in your blog. :)

hahaha.....do you mean a dummer than dumb dummy's guide to photography skills? :)

Ok.... my new project, to go hunt for a good book that a dummer than dummy could understand. :)
Old 06-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Yes, that website. I visited it a few times last year, when I was a newbie here. Aww, too bad it's not updated. I thought it was a great site, with much more "meat" than my own blog, which is mainly drivel, and funny photos of cats or blackie. I really enjoyed reading it. :)

Quote:
Oh, you meant my personal website with travel pics? It's at http://www.chunhoh.com/ but it's pretty outdated already, too lazy to update them this few years... more recent ones are mostly uploaded in my Facebook account

Quote:
Haha... not those Dummy's and Idiot's guides lah I was referring to a Photoshop book actually... in fact, I have one to recommend, let me go home and dig out the info and I'll email it to you ya. I'm sure you'll have a great time playing with these tutorials enhancing the photos of you and Blackie!
hahaha.....where got photos of me??? It's all Blackie's photos only. I just love his 1001 expressions, even his pissed-off langsi expression. :)

ok, please remember to email me the title of the book. thanks.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:55 PM
PetFinder Guru

Blackie once you learned the "art", pls email me the simplified version.

:) I'd love enhance my own photos!

sillylupie-shop