Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Food & Recipes > Restaurants

Old 09-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Indinine Restaurant: Vegetarian Italian Food

Hi Friends,

I just want to share a great vegetarian Italian restaurant that my hubby and I stumbled upon in Jaya 33, Sek.14, PJ.

The restaurant was empty when we were there last Saturday, but surprisingly, the food was great.

We ordered:-
- two bowls of wild mushroom soup
- a potato salad
- a bruschetta (french bread toasted with a layer of tomato sauce, topped with fresh tomatoes, olives, parsley and goat cheese)
- a linguinie pesto con funghi (it came loaded with lots of pine nuts..yummy!)

The damage was RM42.90. Not too expensive, considering the very fresh quality of the food.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:59 PM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Indinine Restaurant: Vegetarian Italian Food

Really! Oooh, must go and try.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Hi blackie

to think i was that close to meeting you at indienine. i was there too on saturday, wandered around looking for food and left after deciding non of the offers were tempting enough! we couldn't figure out what is indienine, there's not much information - i guess we were not adventurous enough to try.

it's vegetarian. now i know. :-)
Old 09-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Oh, wow!!! What time were you there? I did see some people stopped by and looked at the menu, and then they left.

If you saw a female at the first table in front reclining on the sofa while munching away, that's me. My hubby was sitting properly, and said I looked like I owned the place, making myself so comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi blackie

to think i was that close to meeting you at indienine. i was there too on saturday, wandered around looking for food and left after deciding non of the offers were tempting enough! we couldn't figure out what is indienine, there's not much information - i guess we were not adventurous enough to try.

it's vegetarian. now i know. :-)
Old 09-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Banned

well, there was another another couple checking out the menu, we stopped after them, i did sneak a quick glance at the interior but my eyesights were poor - i wore my old specs so all i saw was someone at the table inside..that's all i saw...now my secret is out - i'm as blind as a bat!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point

mehehehe... poor ashley.. i want to try the food.. me and my new found vegetarianism thanks to lynie..

OI lynie.. u turned me vegetarian, now have to belanja meee!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Banned

Hi ferreted.

what a group we make! i'm also observing vegetarian diet - well it's like 2/3 vegetarian 1/3 meat dishes - starting off slow and not jumping in cold.

please count me in if you're going to indinine...

how are you now? settled in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferreted View Post
mehehehe... poor ashley.. i want to try the food.. me and my new found vegetarianism thanks to lynie..

Old 09-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Muahahaha......Ashley, welcome to the club of bas. YES!! I am blind as a bat, too, without my contact lenses.

Yes, I saw a couple took a look, then walked to the right, and right behind them were 1 or 2 people. We thot you guys were together, since you like walk away right after them, too. But I didn't get a good look at you either, as I hadn't realised that it was you.

I think maybe we need to wear a "I Love PetFinder" badge whenever we go out so we can identify each other.....

Quote:
well, there was another another couple checking out the menu, we stopped after them, i did sneak a quick glance at the interior but my eyesights were poor - i wore my old specs so all i saw was someone at the table inside..that's all i saw...now my secret is out - i'm as blind as a bat!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:28 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Alright veggie girls. Let's go. I'm also struggling with vegetarianism. I've failed many times already. The first time i tried was when i was 13. Now i'm 26! Still on and off vegetarian. I'm horrible. Always do well for a while then start to crave a burger. Maybe will be easier if other people are vegetarian with me. Oh and ashley i'm also blind as a bat.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Petfinder Moderator

i'm just the same, lynie. I can never be committed to any resolutions i make. and totally hopeless when it comes to those new year resolutions, can never keep them. now i'm smarter, i don't make any new year resolutions anymore.

hehe....so there's 4 blind as bats here, eh? me, ashley, chelly & lynie? with 4 blind bats, i think we shld avoid each other, as chances of us crashing blindly into each other are very high....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
Alright veggie girls. Let's go. I'm also struggling with vegetarianism. I've failed many times already. The first time i tried was when i was 13. Now i'm 26! Still on and off vegetarian. I'm horrible. Always do well for a while then start to crave a burger. Maybe will be easier if other people are vegetarian with me. Oh and ashley i'm also blind as a bat.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Animal Lover

heeheee i have settled in quite a bit.. not so much yet, still overwhelming.. okays.. go indienine this weekend or somewhen during holidays?
anyone else in?
Old 09-25-2008, 01:53 PM
PetFinder Guru

sarahseben is on a distinguished road

blackie..it's dirt cheap! especially if you compare to places like italiannies,picolo mondo.the main dish alone could cost us up to rm40.

is it the one that is facing to the main road? i heard about it too but never thought it was a vegetarian italian restaurant.my friend told me the pumpkin soup was out of this world (not sure if she's exaggerating hihihi)

definitely will try it soon. i'm a fan of italian food.yum yum!

perot dah macam washing machine LG ni!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Hi Friends,

I just want to share a great vegetarian Italian restaurant that my hubby and I stumbled upon in Jaya 33, Sek.14, PJ.

The restaurant was empty when we were there last Saturday, but surprisingly, the food was great.

We ordered:-
- two bowls of wild mushroom soup
- a potato salad
- a bruschetta (french bread toasted with a layer of tomato sauce, topped with fresh tomatoes, olives, parsley and goat cheese)
- a linguinie pesto con funghi (it came loaded with lots of pine nuts..yummy!)

The damage was RM42.90. Not too expensive, considering the very fresh quality of the food.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Petfinder Moderator

glad to hear u are settling down....hope to meet u one day..

as for indinine, i might be going out of town this weekend.....but please eat on my behalf the brushcetta, potato salad and linguinie pesto ok?

Quote:
heeheee i have settled in quite a bit.. not so much yet, still overwhelming.. okays.. go indienine this weekend or somewhen during holidays?
anyone else in?
Old 09-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Animal Lover

HEHEHE surely! thanks...
Old 09-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Petfinder Moderator

yes, sarah, it's kind of facing the road. it's on the ground floor. the quality is good, that's for sure.

well, i didn't consider it as dirt cheap becos it's vegetarian....picolo mondo, italiannies are not.... but i do feel that picolo mondo is way overpriced, with very small portions.

pumpkin soup, eh? ok, next time i'll try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahseben View Post
blackie..it's dirt cheap! especially if you compare to places like italiannies,picolo mondo.the main dish alone could cost us up to rm40.

is it the one that is facing to the main road? i heard about it too but never thought it was a vegetarian italian restaurant.my friend told me the pumpkin soup was out of this world (not sure if she's exaggerating hihihi)

definitely will try it soon. i'm a fan of italian food.yum yum!

perot dah macam washing machine LG ni!
Old 09-25-2008, 05:56 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

pumpkin soup yummmmm.... mushroom soup yummayyyyy...
Old 09-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Banned

hey,

that'd be how we'll find each other and be sure it's each other's identity! ;-)

i found it initially hard too - i was so afraid i'd break my vow. i took a vow for vegetarian during wesak day and i was so afraid i'd break it, etc. i was literally breaking out in cold sweat during the night - cos i don't know what i can eat that is vegetarian around jln sultan ismail.

under this vow, if i break it, then i'd have to make a confession before buddha and bodhisatva and then observe 100% vegetarian for 2 days from sunrise to sunset.

in the beginning i broke it a few times and the problem of finding vegetarian food around jln sultan ismail for 2 days in a row - i got so sick of eating that lousy food i tell myself i'll stick to my vow no matter what - come high tide or whatever. and i'm glad to say i've been doing quite well - got over my craving of meat - not even when i am angry! :-)

but this put a dent into my resolution to on some weight this year. still stuck at being skinny and shapeless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
i'm just the same, lynie. I can never be committed to any resolutions i make. and totally hopeless when it comes to those new year resolutions, can never keep them. now i'm smarter, i don't make any new year resolutions anymore.

hehe....so there's 4 blind as bats here, eh? me, ashley, chelly & lynie? with 4 blind bats, i think we shld avoid each other, as chances of us crashing blindly into each other are very high....
Old 09-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Petfinder Moderator

hahaha....when the blind bats crashed into each other??
Quote:
hey,

that'd be how we'll find each other and be sure it's each other's identity! ;-)
wow, i do salute it....u sure r determined. i'm afraid i'm more of a half baked person....nearly everything i do is half baked....i get distracted easily, going off exploring the little lanes instead of walking towards the goal at the end of the road.

also, i tend to lose interest in things very quickly....went thru so many hobbies, err.....even boyfriends....(shame on me!)....so the secret is out, i have more weaknesses than i have strengths.

Quote:
found it initially hard too - i was so afraid i'd break my vow. i took a vow for vegetarian during wesak day and i was so afraid i'd break it, etc. i was literally breaking out in cold sweat during the night - cos i don't know what i can eat that is vegetarian around jln sultan ismail.

under this vow, if i break it, then i'd have to make a confession before buddha and bodhisatva and then observe 100% vegetarian for 2 days from sunrise to sunset.

in the beginning i broke it a few times and the problem of finding vegetarian food around jln sultan ismail for 2 days in a row - i got so sick of eating that lousy food i tell myself i'll stick to my vow no matter what - come high tide or whatever. and i'm glad to say i've been doing quite well - got over my craving of meat - not even when i am angry! :-)

but this put a dent into my resolution to on some weight this year. still stuck at being skinny and shapeless!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:14 AM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong
i found it initially hard too - i was so afraid i'd break my vow. i took a vow for vegetarian during wesak day and i was so afraid i'd break it, etc. i was literally breaking out in cold sweat during the night - cos i don't know what i can eat that is vegetarian around jln sultan ismail.

Ashley, there is vegetarian food everywhere if you know where to look. Are you the ovo-vegetarian, ovo-lacto-vegetarian, lacto-vegetarian or vegan? For health sake, I hope you are ovo-lacto-vegetarian.

There are lots of vegetarian restaurants and stalls in Taman Desa itself.

In Jalan Sultan Ismail, go to any Indian restaurant or stall (Hindu not Mamak) and say you want vegetarian food. Or alternatively look for a restaurant or stall that serves 'banana leaf' rice and say you want 'banana leaf vegetarian lunch'. You will then be served with a mountain of rice with dollops of various vegetables, poured with all types of curries, mango chutney, papadom, yoghurt including spicy rasum (some spicy enough to make your ears smoke). This meal is a lacto-vegetarian meal and you can eat till you can't move!

Enjoy and good luck!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Banned

i'm not sure i'm what type of vegetarian but to start out, we can take egg and milk (for our protein quota) and to start out, we can take food with onion and garlic.

i found a way to take my vege diet with breaking my vow. it's mostly trial and error but now perfected as i have a few "fav" places to eat - best is kLcc singnature foodcourt as i can have kyros vege roll, or vege dishes from the bengal staff or chapati or tosai masala from the indian staff...the rest i give it a miss if in doubt. if not then my fav chinese chap fan at promet 4th flr - easy to distinguish which is vege which is meat - chinese style cooking simple.

i'm very choosy for a vegetarian -