Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 02-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tonite TV3 360 9pm - KL Mayor's Explanation @ DBKL Dog Pound Issue

I'm not insulting the 3rd world countries, but am pointing out that while we pride ourselves on having first world infrastructure, our people are behaving just like the 3rd world countries.....those people don't care about animals, they eat them for dinner, they torture them, etc.

So, I don't see how different we are from them if we don't realise that animals have a right to live peacefully and safely alongside with us. Animals have a right to live and NOT BE KILLED OR ABUSED!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.lya View Post
That's an insult to the 3rd world countries.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
I'm not insulting the 3rd world countries, but am pointing out that while we pride ourselves on having first world infrastructure, our people are behaving just like the 3rd world countries.....those people don't care about animals, they eat them for dinner, they torture them, etc.

So, I don't see how different we are from them if we don't realise that animals have a right to live peacefully and safely alongside with us. Animals have a right to live and NOT BE KILLED OR ABUSED!!!!!!!
Dear, I meant it's an insult to the 3rd world country because those barbarians and people from the 3rd world country are not on the same level. In fact, those barbarians' mentality are even lower than those who are from the 3rd world countries.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Petfinder Moderator

OIC. Sorry I misunderstood you. Yes, I totally agree with you that those barbarians' mentality are even lower than those who are form the 3rd world countries.

I hope they get what they deserve. I hope they and their family members suffer untold misery for what they did to the poor cats & dogs. *sending negative thoughts & vibes to them*

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.lya View Post
Dear, I meant it's an insult to the 3rd world country because those barbarians and people from the 3rd world country are not on the same level. In fact, those barbarians' mentality are even lower than those who are from the 3rd world countries.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:21 PM
PetFinder Guru

hatemetoday is on a distinguished road

no wonder one of the worker told me to quickly take away all those yg still cantik caged stray. as he was saying to me and a fren...cepat la kasik ambik..kasik lps la mana2..sbb saya pon sudah letih mau kasik mati...and back then i thot he was referring to the doctor attended the euthanasia process..rupa2nya dorang lah yg kasik mati.....and who was that 'pakcik'/doctor? again yg tergagap2 jawab soalan striker tuh?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Animal Lover

tanuki is on a distinguished road

I heard this from a source.

Apparently the pedigrees are being sold to pet stores (pups and adult dogs) where the stores sell it to unknowing owners.

And I heard DBKL even sell pedigrees to SPCA. SPCA will then sell these pups and adults to people who adopt dogs from their shelter (adopters need to pay a fee [pedigree costs more]).

If DBKL Pound wants money, they should involve the public and the public could put in or find a solution for this issue.

The Mayor of KL is just doing this interview so the public can't say he is not responding. Now that he has responded, he is going to ignore us and sweep this under the rug as much as possible + with the new zinc fence, i bet they will eye on anyone walking or driving down that lane to the pound. I heard they are not allowing rescuers to adopt more puppies and dogs this week.

My friend's cousin is studying to be a vet and he said that in one year (not sure which year) they will perform an operation on a stray dog supplied from a pound or they would open the dog up to view its organs. In their final year, they will perform an operation and the dog needs to survive or they fail their degree.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Tonite TV3 360 9pm - KL Mayor's Explanation @ DBKL Dog Pound Issue

Oh!! Dear!!! I heard that too. My neighbour's dog end up in the pound and she went there to collect her dog. I told her to chk at the pound just in case.She found her dog but the guy from there asking for money.He asked for RM800 because her dog is Poodle. She paid and left the place very angry.so corruption going to another level huh??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki View Post
I heard this from a source.

Apparently the pedigrees are being sold to pet stores (pups and adult dogs) where the stores sell it to unknowing owners.

And I heard DBKL even sell pedigrees to SPCA. SPCA will then sell these pups and adults to people who adopt dogs from their shelter (adopters need to pay a fee [pedigree costs more]).

If DBKL Pound wants money, they should involve the public and the public could put in or find a solution for this issue.

The Mayor of KL is just doing this interview so the public can't say he is not responding. Now that he has responded, he is going to ignore us and sweep this under the rug as much as possible + with the new zinc fence, i bet they will eye on anyone walking or driving down that lane to the pound. I heard they are not allowing rescuers to adopt more puppies and dogs this week.

My friend's cousin is studying to be a vet and he said that in one year (not sure which year) they will perform an operation on a stray dog supplied from a pound or they would open the dog up to view its organs. In their final year, they will perform an operation and the dog needs to survive or they fail their degree.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:12 AM
Animal Rescuer

t.ruth is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=blackie007;31014]
Well, what can we do? There's no such thing as a people power. It's the politicians who hold the power. Look at Perak, for example. The people of Perak wanted the opposition to govern them. And guess what happened? Just by a mere defection of 3 members to BN, and now, Perak is governed by BN again.

no, no, no! the opposition didn't lose because of defections to BN, they lost because of a Camry... did u read Malaysia Today? jump ship at the drop of a hat, such dedicated politicians...tsk,tsk,tsk! so sacrificial in serving the rakyat. what a joke
Old 02-13-2009, 10:31 AM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-pwoqmvgNQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5_wyL_c7dc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzIcoieUHBQ
Old 02-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Petfinder Moderator

This is disgusting!!! Who pockets this money? With so much money being received for reclaimed pets, why can't they buy the drugs to put the animals to sleep instead of killing them so brutally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Oh!! Dear!!! I heard that too. My neighbour's dog end up in the pound and she went there to collect her dog. I told her to chk at the pound just in case.She found her dog but the guy from there asking for money.He asked for RM800 because her dog is Poodle. She paid and left the place very angry.so corruption going to another level huh??

No, not only a Camry. Did you see on the news (Astro Awani, if I remember) how much they are being offered to jump ship? Millions of ringgit!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.ruth View Post
no, no, no! the opposition didn't lose because of defections to BN, they lost because of a Camry... did u read Malaysia Today? jump ship at the drop of a hat, such dedicated politicians...tsk,tsk,tsk! so sacrificial in serving the rakyat. what a joke
Old 02-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No, not only a Camry. Did you see on the news (Astro Awani, if I remember) how much they are being offered to jump ship? Millions of ringgit!!!
Aiyahhhh, Blackie, don't lah so lurus and spoil the fun ... of course la kitorang tahu semua tu, tapi everybody dah fed-up sangat and frustrated oredi so jokes are tinged with sophisticated and subtle cynicism.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 02-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Ya la, Furkids, I know, but I've come to the stage where I'm so, so, so, angry with BN and it didn't help that the asshole DBKL mayor took the accusations of brutal killings by his workers so lightly!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Aiyahhhh, Blackie, don't lah so lurus and spoil the fun ... of course la kitorang tahu semua tu, tapi everybody dah fed-up sangat and frustrated oredi so jokes are tinged with sophisticated and subtle cynicism.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
This is disgusting!!! Who pockets this money? With so much money being received for reclaimed pets, why can't they buy the drugs to put the animals to sleep instead of killing them so brutally?

Because, Blackie, ... because ... because ... because ...

... basically, because they do not care ... they do not give a single damn about those animals ... and because these people lack the humanity and empathy, they obviously feel such money spent is a waste. People like that would even starve animals to death rather than give them food. And is you put out food for such animals, they can even sweep and throw all that precious food away rather than let the animals eat and live. Lots of people like that, and they sleep very soundly at night, not like us ... tossing and turning trying to figure out if a sick or injured animal is going to make it ... or how to make more $$ to do more rescues and buy food/medicine for all those so-called "trash" .........

The animals are trash and a burden (yeah, now got them in hot soup some more). Period.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 02-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Ya la, Furkids, I know, but I've come to the stage where I'm so, so, so, angry with BN and it didn't help that the asshole DBKL mayor took the accusations of brutal killings by his workers so lightly!!!!!
Kan the director said in the papers that bukan orang dia yang buat. Kan dia kata orang lain buat to make them look bad. So probably that is what he reported to his boss. So his boss baca report and is happy to read that there is no blood found on DBKL hands ... my hypothesis laaaaa ...

The current mayor (like Dato' Mohmad Shaid who jenis turun padang directing traffik semasa KL banjir dulu and launched Klinik Kembiri) bukanya daripada rank-and-file orang DBKL tapi dari luar DBKL iaitu Pegawai Tadbir dan Diplomatik in the civil service. At least they are better than the last two DBKL rank-and-file mayors. I think kalau the last two mayors, they would not even layan anybody, buat membisu, much less appear on national TV to give answers.

Last edited by FurKids; 02-13-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Yup, that's what made me mad....that they don't care, that they don't feel for the animals, that they don't realise the animals have feelings, too, just like we humans!!!!!!! (sorry for so many exclamation marks, am very angry)

What you said about those people throwing away the food we feed them reminds me of my old place. There were a number of stray cats there and the management, or should, 1 particular woman, instructed the workers to kill or throw away the cats whenever she sees one.

And when she saw me feeding the strays, she scolded me, saying I'm the cause of the strays being there, blah, blah, blah. And if she finds the food I put out for the cats, she'll call her workers and have it thrown away, food plus plates!! Her workers also poured hot water on a young cat once. I didn't know, and only found out when I asked the gardener why that cat is botak.

Quote:
Because, Blackie, ... because ... because ... because ...

... basically, because they do not care ... they do not give a single damn about those animals ... and because these people lack the humanity and empathy, they obviously feel such money spent is a waste. People like that would even starve animals to death rather than give them food. And is you put out food for such animals, they can even sweep and throw all that precious food away rather than let the animals eat and live. Lots of people like that, and they sleep very soundly at night, not like us ... tossing and turning trying to figure out if a sick or injured animal is going to make it ... or how to make more $$ to do more rescues and buy food/medicine for all those so-called "trash" .........

The animals are trash and a burden (yeah, now got them in hot soup some more). Period.

Well, I still feel the director should take the matter more seriously. I hope they will not hide the results when it's out, but will reveal it.

Quote:
Kan the director said in the papers that bukan orang dia yang buat. Kan dia kata orang lain buat to make them look bad. So probably that is what he reported to his boss. So his boss baca report and is happy to read that there is no blood found on DBKL hands ... my hypothesis laaaaa ...

The current mayor (like Dato' Mohmad Shaid who jenis turun padang directing traffik semasa KL banjir dulu and launched Klinik Kembiri) bukanya daripada rank-and-file orang DBKL tapi dari luar DBKL iaitu Pegawai Tadbir dan Diplomatik in the civil service. At least they are better than the last two DBKL rank-and-file mayors. I think kalau the last two mayors, they would not even layan anybody, buat membisu, much less appear on national TV to give answers.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:07 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

Tanuki,
DBKL supplies healthy & alived 2 UPM for vet students 2 operate & unrgo all kind of cruel experiments incld cancer drug testing. DBKL white van will ferry fresh dogs from pound to UPM every alternate day.

DBKL also supplies healthy dogs 2 University Hospital, PJ 4 all kind of experiments
Old 02-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
Tanuki,
DBKL supplies healthy & alived 2 UPM for vet students 2 operate & unrgo all kind of cruel experiments incld cancer drug testing. DBKL white van will ferry fresh dogs from pound to UPM every alternate day.

DBKL also supplies healthy dogs 2 University Hospital, PJ 4 all kind of experiments
And imagine, we animal lovers talk of boycotting Iams and so on because of reports that they do cruel experiments on animals ...
Old 02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Yup, that's what made me mad .... that they don't care, that they don't feel for the animals, that they don't realise the animals have feelings, too, just like we humans!!!!!!! (sorry for so many exclamation marks, am very angry)
Don't waste your energy getting mad, my dear, you just burn yourself up ... lama-lama sakit jantung!

Do what the saying says, "Don't get mad, get EVEN." Anybody can jump up and down and get mad, but it is smart to get EVEN so that we can achieve some positive change.

Last edited by FurKids; 02-13-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Ya lor, I was so angry that I couldn't eat for the past 2 days....just now also can hardly eat lunch.

I want to get EVEN, but don't know how, that's why I'm mad.....mad at them, and at myself because I'm helpless to do anything to stop them.

Quote:
Don't waste your energy getting mad, my dear, you just burn yourself up ... lama-lama sakit jantung!

Do what the saying says, "Don't get mad, get EVEN." Anybody can jump up and down and get mad, but it is smart to get EVEN so that we can achieve some positive change.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Fast & Furry

CatMother is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Tonite TV3 360 9pm - KL Mayor's Explanation @ DBKL Dog Pound Issue

I was dumbfounded and had been having sleepless nights after reading & watching the videos of what those barbarians did! I just wanna share my experience at DBKL Setapak Pusat Kembiri last year.

I went there twice (Oct & Dec 2008) to get my kids spayed. My very first visit, didn't notice anything except for the noises of whining dogs and meowing of cats. Didn't suspect anything as it was on a crowded day. The Officer was rushing everything coz it's close to Raya holidays. Overall, it was not as what I expected. But then again, if you have like >10 cats to feed and jaga, guess the Pusat Kembiri is the best solution for kembiri. But not anymore.. All the money we paid? Where did they go to? Hmmm, I wonder..

2nd visit. Late Dec 2008. Before Christmas. Early morning. Came out of the car and saw a group of Indian men (big size & fierce looking fellas) holding ropes and walking towards the pound. It's located right behind the vet's office where we would hear everything from the outside. As I was filling-up the form, I heard commotion outside. Everybody in the office rushed out to see what happened. You wouldn't believe what we witnessed. Those sick a**holes grabbed the dogs with ropes by their necks and hanged them up side down and dragged them back into the pound area!! I couldn't bear the sight, let alone the whining of the poor dog, I rushed back in and finished up with the registration trembling and went back to the car. It was horrifying experience and what worst was the so-called Officer in charge was laughing his head off in front of everybody as if he's enjoying a good show!! Does he have a heart at all??? And got the nerve to say, "this what happens if you don't kembiri your pets! If depends on the drugs, where got money to buy?" Come to think of it, I should've record it and take it as a proof of what REALLY happened in there. Oh and I did see a big pool of water in there - now I know what it is ACTUALLY for!

It was indeed one of the most horrifying days for me and was too depressed to go back there again I had to ask my friend to fetch my kid back home. I just hope that those sick barbarians would get even somehow. It's karma. What goes around comes around!

Meantime, let's face it - where all the Akta's come from? Who approved them? And who carry out the duties for them? All they worried about is their own backside, their bank accounts and mistresses!! They don't give a damn about this mess. Seriously, even if we got like a million petition over this issue, it'll soon be yesterday's stale news to them.

But how to end this?? It'll just go on & on & on... Do we have lawyers in here please? By the way, please visit this link of an appeal from Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better Project. http://malaysiandogsdeservebetter.blogspot.com/

Please help them and don't let them die in vain.

::the 3d clanz::
Everything happens for a reason
Old 02-13-2009, 04:13 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

omg.. i would've screamed and cried.. i didn't realize the extent of their cruelty.. don't let this slide people!! keep being angry.. don't forget