Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your dog's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 08-23-2013, 01:27 PM
PetFinder Buddy

graceccy87 is on a distinguished road
Default My dog die suspect poisoning. Need advice!!

I have 3 dogs, two mongrel and one chihuahua mix (bit Bit). Sometime before this my mother notice a stranger snapping the dogs photo and quickly hide when my mum went out to check.

Yesterday afternoon, after a brief moment when there are no people in the house, my sis went back and found one of the dog, Bit Bit was having diarrhea. As he have had diarrhea before and it usually resolve pretty quick. She didn't think much. Only on evening she notice there are blood in the stool and decide to bring him to vet tomorrow morning.

The horrible thing start to happen just pass midnight, when he start to shit nothing but blood. My sis try to give him some home remedies but he refuse all.

This morning she woke up around 6am and found him just passed away.

The whole things happen so quickly that I suspect it isn't cause by food poisoning (no vomitting) or bacteria infection.

My worse fear is there are people deliberate kill my dog. The story of people leaving meat containing nails to kill stray dogs worry me the most. Bit Bit had be buried without an autopsy. But I'm afraid he is not the target dog and it might happen again. My two mongrel dogs do get some complaint before for being noisy and chasing car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02375.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	11927  
Old 08-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My dog die suspect poisoning. Need advice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceccy87 View Post
My worse fear is there are people deliberate kill my dog. The story of people leaving meat containing nails to kill stray dogs worry me the most. Bit Bit had be buried without an autopsy. But I'm afraid he is not the target dog and it might happen again. My two mongrel dogs do get some complaint before for being noisy and chasing car.
Dear Grace,

First, I offer my condolences on the death of Bit Bit. He is now at least resting in peace, beyond pain, but you and your family are left to sort out what happened.

You mentioned that your two mixed-breed dogs have been chasing cars. Do your dogs roam outside your property? If so, I would encourage you to stop allowing this. There are a lot of people out there who don't like dogs and will mistreat them given an opportunity. There are also plenty of accidents waiting for them, including vehicles, eating spoiled food, etc. You really need to keep the dogs on your own property, both to ensure their safety and well-being and to preserve the rights of your neighbours.

Unfortunately, without an autopsy, it will be impossible to know for sure what caused Bit Bit's death, but as you said, because he went down so suddenly, it seems possible that there was something deadly in food that was given him. Again, if I were in your shoes, I would make very sure my surviving two dogs stay very close to home. If they are running free, there is nothing you can do to protect them. :-(

Sending best wishes for you and your family as you grieve Bit Bit, and for the safety of your two remaining dogs...
Old 08-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Animal Lover

Rambo's Mum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceccy87 View Post
I have 3 dogs, two mongrel and one chihuahua mix (bit Bit). Sometime before this my mother notice a stranger snapping the dogs photo and quickly hide when my mum went out to check.

Yesterday afternoon, after a brief moment when there are no people in the house, my sis went back and found one of the dog, Bit Bit was having diarrhea. As he have had diarrhea before and it usually resolve pretty quick. She didn't think much. Only on evening she notice there are blood in the stool and decide to bring him to vet tomorrow morning.

The horrible thing start to happen just pass midnight, when he start to shit nothing but blood. My sis try to give him some home remedies but he refuse all.

This morning she woke up around 6am and found him just passed away.

The whole things happen so quickly that I suspect it isn't cause by food poisoning (no vomitting) or bacteria infection.

My condolence to you too. I truly felt your pain but I've to second what Maneki Neko voiced.

Don't give dog haters an opportunity to do anything untoward to your dogs. Always watch over them with an eagle eye. Try to do all the correct things like ALWAYS picked up your dog's poo if you bring them out for walks. Don't let them eat any rubbish. Teach them manners, so, they don't chase after anyone or anything unless on your command. Of course it's not 100% fool proof but at least if those dog haters confront you or do something untoward to your dogs you have 100% right to shoot them down so to speak. Oh yes, install a CCTV in your house so you can view back the tapes should anything happens to your other dogs.

Take care!
Old 09-07-2013, 12:31 PM
PetFinder Buddy

graceccy87 is on a distinguished road

Thanks! I'm working in other state now but my sis are taking care of other two dogs now. We are keeping them indoors currently.