Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your dog's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 11-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Animal Lover

priesha is on a distinguished road
Default My dog acts like a cow!!!?

guys...

this may sound wierd for you guys but i have a problem with my dog which acts more like a cow for some reason...

Hugo is a male dog and he is 1 year plus now..he is a mongrel and my husband rescued him from a quarry..when he was about 3 months old and ever since..he has become the apple of my eyes..even though i have 2 other dogs which was also rescued..and all of them male...

hugo will not eat much..he likes to say slim but fit...he doesnt bark like other dogs..instead..he puts his lips together and makes a 'uuuuuuuuooohhhhh' sound..which sounds more like a cow...and then we realized something the past 3 months...he started eating grass..i know dogs eats grass when they have digestion problem...but he grazes the grass like a cow...he can eat and eat grass all the time...and he loves them..he never pukes after eating it...he loves vegetables and started disliking liver or chicken..he loves carrots, baby corn, broccoli etc and tofu...maybe he is turning to be a vegetarian..i dunno...all my other dogs behaves normal..and hugo shares the same dog house with others ...AND just for the record..I DONT HAVE ANY COW !!!...i dunno why he is behaving that way....

except for his strange way of barking and his diet...i dun have any complaints..he is an intelligent dog, very calm in nature...very friendly and too playful...he can defeat any of my other dogs (more muscular ones!)..he loves to hang out with my husband and me..just to sit next to us makes his day..he have got strong teeth..nice coat (spots of brown, black and white...something like a new zealand cow!)..he is quite a charming guy...we call him escape artist coz he can always free himself from dog muzzles within minutes, free from his steel chain...from his dog leash...from a cage...infact its just impossible to keep him in one place..so we had to grill & weld the whole brick dog house with iron rods...

can anyone please advice whether it is normal for dog to love eating grass and making a noice like a cow?

worried owner:(
Old 01-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Animal Lover

sportycat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My dog acts like a cow!!!?

how the dog condition now?

Last edited by sportycat; 01-24-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:11 PM
PetFinder Guru

Sashy is on a distinguished road

I guess if you feed him a balanced vegetarian meal, he should still be healthy :P

My dogs do go OoOoOoo when they are happy to see me, but they also bark normally. Is that the only bark your dog makes? And regarding his vege eating habits, is he pooping normally? (meaning his digestive system is doing ok). He is eating his kibbles/rice+meat? Some dogs dont like liver, but I think most will eat boiled chicken
Old 04-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Animal Lover

ginafindadog is on a distinguished road

Awww.....I think this is great!!! Your dog thinks it's a cow, so what?! My daughter thinks she is Cinderella. As long as your dog is happy, that's all that matters. You can certainly feed a healthy vegetarian diet. So great, brought a smile to my face today!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 12:22 AM
Animal Lover

LaDonnaK is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: My dog acts like a cow!!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by priesha View Post
guys...

this may sound wierd for you guys but i have a problem with my dog which acts more like a cow for some reason...

Hugo is a male dog and he is 1 year plus now..he is a mongrel and my husband rescued him from a quarry..when he was about 3 months old and ever since..he has become the apple of my eyes..even though i have 2 other dogs which was also rescued..and all of them male...

hugo will not eat much..he likes to say slim but fit...he doesnt bark like other dogs..instead..he puts his lips together and makes a 'uuuuuuuuooohhhhh' sound..which sounds more like a cow...and then we realized something the past 3 months...he started eating grass..i know dogs eats grass when they have digestion problem...but he grazes the grass like a cow...he can eat and eat grass all the time...and he loves them..he never pukes after eating it...he loves vegetables and started disliking liver or chicken..he loves carrots, baby corn, broccoli etc and tofu...maybe he is turning to be a vegetarian..i dunno...all my other dogs behaves normal..and hugo shares the same dog house with others ...AND just for the record..I DONT HAVE ANY COW !!!...i dunno why he is behaving that way....

except for his strange way of barking and his diet...i dun have any complaints..he is an intelligent dog, very calm in nature...very friendly and too playful...he can defeat any of my other dogs (more muscular ones!)..he loves to hang out with my husband and me..just to sit next to us makes his day..he have got strong teeth..nice coat (spots of brown, black and white...something like a new zealand cow!)..he is quite a charming guy...we call him escape artist coz he can always free himself from dog muzzles within minutes, free from his steel chain...from his dog leash...from a cage...infact its just impossible to keep him in one place..so we had to grill & weld the whole brick dog house with iron rods...

can anyone please advice whether it is normal for dog to love eating grass and making a noice like a cow?

worried owner:(
Hi........Actually, as long as he is healthy, I wouldn't worry about it. I have a dog that thinks he's a horse.........the same scenario........he "grazes" in the pasture with them, eats grain, carrots with them and apples with them. If the horses like it, he does too. He does eat his dry dog food, but he picks at it. A large bowl usually lasts 4-5 days. He is a Chow-pitbull mix....very loving and friendly with everyone. He does like to pull the horses tails occasionally and run with them. As a matter of fact, his name is Ben, after the Disney film "Gentle Ben" about a bear and a boy.