Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers

Rescuers & Fosterers For rescuers and fosterers, the true heroes of PetFinder.my

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 08-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Nur_illiyana's Avatar
Nur_illiyana Nur_illiyana is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bandar Kinrara
Posts: 288
Rep Power: 11
Nur_illiyana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
PAWS buka ke besok? Better korang check, because I am not sure they close on Rabu or Khamis ... I am out of touch dah.
I call PAWS just now..They will close tomorrow
__________________
http://myfurrkids.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-30-2010, 01:26 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar
MidnightMaiden MidnightMaiden is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 199
Rep Power: 11
MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

ALAMAK!!!! How la? I'm in Rawang now. Ok, ok, trying not to panic. I've messaged Rizalmn who mentioned earlier that he might be able to go today.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-30-2010, 01:34 PM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

You know Azmyrax, after reading the link you provided my heart lagi sedih because it seems like Egeh's owner callously, consciously and willfully dumped Egeh unvaccinated into the shelter and fully exposed her to all kinds of sickness and diseases like Maneki Neko said. Also done to rid herself of all inconvenience of handling the adoption. Shows she did not care a hoot about Egeh. Cats like Egeh no matter how long the fur will be killed. The shelters do not have the resources to individually care for one cat like that even if they want to. Also, the staff are always fearful about what happens to unvaccinated cats brought in - especially kittens - the danger and mortality rate is very, very high. Even the clinic Healing Room will tell you to take your cats or dogs home quickly and not keep in the clinic if possible to take home because they are always fearful of sick cats brought in.

Well, crying doesn't help or make a bad decision sound better. Not easy as it may be for you, it is even harder for poor Egeh as she will risk losing her very life:

"Of course it was not a brilliant idea and worst decision that I ever made!!! I am crying damn hard when a time they put her into the cage and non stop crying all the way back home..for whole day I can't stop thinking bout her and flashed back all memories when she was a little kitten. Seriously it is not an easy for me."
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-30-2010, 01:47 PM
azmyrax's Avatar
azmyrax azmyrax is offline
was a cat before
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PJ
Posts: 118
Rep Power: 11
azmyrax is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

alamak cannot eh. baru je janji-janji nak buat jemaah nanges tomorrow.

okay so macam mana?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-30-2010, 01:50 PM
syidajaafar's Avatar
syidajaafar syidajaafar is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0
syidajaafar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Kesiannya...wish i could help. Apa nak buat, dah duduk jauh Kalau tak boleh aje support transportation ke apa ke huhu.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-30-2010, 01:54 PM
syidajaafar's Avatar
syidajaafar syidajaafar is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0
syidajaafar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post

"Of course it was not a brilliant idea and worst decision that I ever made!!! I am crying damn hard when a time they put her into the cage and non stop crying all the way back home..for whole day I can't stop thinking bout her and flashed back all memories when she was a little kitten. Seriously it is not an easy for me."
Tu lah, jadik geram sangat2 membacanya, kalau betul2 sayang, takdenye senang2 kita nak tinggalkan dia camtu aje! kat tempat camtu lak tu! ni mesti kes dah bosan+tak larat nak jaga lagi tu pasal senang2 je nak dump kat PAWS. sigh...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-30-2010, 01:55 PM
azmyrax's Avatar
azmyrax azmyrax is offline
was a cat before
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PJ
Posts: 118
Rep Power: 11
azmyrax is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
You know Azmyrax, after reading the link you provided my heart lagi sedih because it seems like Egeh's owner callously, consciously and willfully dumped Egeh unvaccinated into the shelter and fully exposed her to all kinds of sickness and diseases like Maneki Neko said. Also done to rid herself of all inconvenience of handling the adoption. Shows she did not care a hoot about Egeh. Cats like Egeh no matter how long the fur will be killed. The shelters do not have the resources to individually care for one cat like that even if they want to. Also, the staff are always fearful about what happens to unvaccinated cats brought in - especially kittens - the danger and mortality rate is very, very high. Even the clinic Healing Room will tell you to take your cats or dogs home quickly and not keep in the clinic if possible to take home because they are always fearful of sick cats brought in.

Well, crying doesn't help or make a bad decision sound better. Not easy as it may be for you, it is even harder for poor Egeh as she will risk losing her very life:

"Of course it was not a brilliant idea and worst decision that I ever made!!! I am crying damn hard when a time they put her into the cage and non stop crying all the way back home..for whole day I can't stop thinking bout her and flashed back all memories when she was a little kitten. Seriously it is not an easy for me."
Exactly, I was very annoyed when she feels like me and midnightmaiden are kutuking her when our only concern is the cat. It feels like 'habis madu sepah dibuang'. As I was saying to midnightmaiden, she doesnt feel the gravity of the consequences of sending cats to PAWS. maybe she's too naive, or ignorant? I couldn't know.
And she was saying about 'trust' issues with adopters and thus chose to trust PAWS with her cat. Not that I am saying that PAWS didnt do a good job at helping stray cats, I am saying that she could have done better by spending a minute more in finding Egeh a good home. If only she is reading this thread (but I doubt it because she is a very busy woman), I hope she will feel guilty from looking at Egeh's photos.

Egeh's eyes are very sad. I've got shivers when she looked up when I called her name. Sayang lah, she's a very pretty girl and to end up at PAWS, I feel that the owner leave her for death.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:03 PM
azmyrax's Avatar
azmyrax azmyrax is offline
was a cat before
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PJ
Posts: 118
Rep Power: 11
azmyrax is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syidajaafar View Post
Tu lah, jadik geram sangat2 membacanya, kalau betul2 sayang, takdenye senang2 kita nak tinggalkan dia camtu aje! kat tempat camtu lak tu! ni mesti kes dah bosan+tak larat nak jaga lagi tu pasal senang2 je nak dump kat PAWS. sigh...
she said she's busy with work and going to Dubai soon. so you see, she's a very busy woman okay.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:11 PM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmyrax View Post
Exactly, I was very annoyed when she feels like me and midnightmaiden are kutuking her when our only concern is the cat. It feels like 'habis madu sepah dibuang'. As I was saying to midnightmaiden, she doesnt feel the gravity of the consequences of sending cats to PAWS. maybe she's too naive, or ignorant? I couldn't know.
And she was saying about 'trust' issues with adopters and thus chose to trust PAWS with her cat. Not that I am saying that PAWS didnt do a good job at helping stray cats, I am saying that she could have done better by spending a minute more in finding Egeh a good home. If only she is reading this thread (but I doubt it because she is a very busy woman), I hope she will feel guilty from looking at Egeh's photos.
Takde lah, orang macam tu never feel guilty la, only pretend to feel guilty ... all crocodile tears. The reason I say so is because after reading the link, it looks like she tossed all her cats out the window. Free pulak tu, pastu not a single one vaccinated or neutered. At least most people although refuse to neuter their cats because they want to breed them do the vaccination bit! Pastu kata nak terus terbang ke Dubai ... hey, an animal lover does not pack her bags today and fly off tomorrow just like that! You will have ample notice that you will be going somewhere and will make time for your pets if you genuinely love them. Too many people give the emotional blackmail that they are leaving the country, kan? For all you know, besok dan lusa pun she will still be IN the country. Semua tipu punyer sebab kehabisan madu!
Quote:
Originally Posted by azmyrax View Post
Egeh's eyes are very sad. I've got shivers when she looked up when I called her name. Sayang lah, she's a very pretty girl and to end up at PAWS, I feel that the owner leave her for death.
An animal has the intelligence to sense that he/she has been abandoned and also know how to feel depressed and despair that he/she will be killed, believe me. Those are mournful eyes you saw.
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:13 PM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmyrax View Post
she said she's busy with work and going to Dubai soon. so you see, she's a very busy woman okay.
Macam lah kitorang tak busy dan tak payah menyara hidup ....
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:16 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar
MidnightMaiden MidnightMaiden is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 199
Rep Power: 11
MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
hey, an animal lover does not pack her bags today and fly off tomorrow just like that! You will have ample notice that you will be going somewhere and will make time for your pets if you genuinely love them.
Among her excuses for being busy & tied down is because she lives alone, money problems & she works shifts, which sometimes requires her to work weekends.

My very dear friend is a fellow rescuer & fosterer. She works shifts as well, many days till the wee hours of the morning. She too lives alone, she too doesn't earn all that much. Someway, somehow, she has always found the time to rescue & find proper adopters for her strays (often DSH which are much harder to rehome).

In fact, most of us are busy people with hectic work schedules, not to mention endless other personal commitments. Yet, because we realise what's at stake, many times we bend over backwards to ensure the safety & comfort of our helpless charges.

Yes it's time consuming, yes it can many times be inconvenient, yes there are many potential adopters out there who will dissapoint you by simply not turning up. But all I can say is.. when there's a will, there's a way @ hendak seribu daya, tak hendak seribu dalih.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:18 PM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post
Among her excuses for being busy & tied down is because she lives alone, money problems & she works shifts, which sometimes requires her to work weekends.

My very dear friend is a fellow rescuer & fosterer. She works shifts as well, many days till the wee hours of the morning. She too lives alone, she too doesn't earn all that much. Someway, somehow, she has always found the time to rescue & find proper adopters for her strays (often DSH which are much harder to rehome).

In fact, most of us are busy people with hectic work schedules, not to mention endless other personal commitments. Yet, because we realise what's at stake, many times we bend over backwards to ensure the safety & comfort of our helpless charges.

Yes it's time consuming, yes it can many times be inconvenient, yes there are many potential adopters out there who will dissapoint you by simply not turning up. But all I can say is.. when there's a will, there's a way @ hendak seribu daya, tak hendak seribu dalih.
Ya, that is one callous woman and you took the words right out of my mouth, friend.
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:18 PM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default Let's help Egeh :)

Itulah pasal kan bro.Macamlah kita ni takde kerja lain duduk rumah goyang kaki.

Aku ni pun kerja jetsetting juga tapi ada masa nak jaga kucing. In the first place, kalau tau kerja dia macam tu kenapa nak pelihara kucing?? Dia dah tau awal awal nak pergi Dubai. Ada ample time untuk cari tempat for her cats. Tapi dia nak jalan short cut. Ntah ntah Dubai kat Selangor kot.Tipu saja supaya ada alasan nak dump her cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Macam lah kitorang tak busy dan tak payah menyara hidup ....
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:21 PM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default Let's help Egeh :)

Kalau dah macam tu,janganlah pelihara kucing I work on Public Holiday and weekend too sometimes tapi we make time for our cats. Kalau akak tak confident nak peliara kucing due to my work, I won't take any cats in lah.

Ini perempuan tak tau her own capacity and at the end of day,kucing juga jadi mangsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post
Among her excuses for being busy & tied down is because she lives alone, money problems & she works shifts, which sometimes requires her to work weekends.

My very dear friend is a fellow rescuer & fosterer. She works shifts as well, many days till the wee hours of the morning. She too lives alone, she too doesn't earn all that much. Someway, somehow, she has always found the time to rescue & find proper adopters for her strays (often DSH which are much harder to rehome).

In fact, most of us are busy people with hectic work schedules, not to mention endless other personal commitments. Yet, because we realise what's at stake, many times we bend over backwards to ensure the safety & comfort of our helpless charges.

Yes it's time consuming, yes it can many times be inconvenient, yes there are many potential adopters out there who will dissapoint you by simply not turning up. But all I can say is.. when there's a will, there's a way @ hendak seribu daya, tak hendak seribu dalih.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:24 PM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Itulah pasal kan bro.Macamlah kita ni takde kerja lain duduk rumah goyang kaki.

Aku ni pun kerja jetsetting juga tapi ada masa nak jaga kucing. In the first place, kalau tau kerja dia macam tu kenapa nak pelihara kucing?? Dia dah tau awal awal nak pergi Dubai. Ada ample time untuk cari tempat for her cats. Tapi dia nak jalan short cut. Ntah ntah Dubai kat Selangor kot.Tipu saja supaya ada alasan nak dump her cats
Kg. atau Sg. Dubai kot ... mcm Kg. New Zealand dekat Sepang/PD or something like that, saya pernah lalu dulu along the old road to PD, tak payah bayar tol dan banyak lori lalu.
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:29 PM
azmyrax's Avatar
azmyrax azmyrax is offline
was a cat before
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PJ
Posts: 118
Rep Power: 11
azmyrax is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Kalau akak tak confident nak peliara kucing due to my work, I won't take any cats in lah.
Betul betul betul! I've waited my whole 23 years of life and now only I've got my own cats after having a proper house and proper income. Itupun limit kan two cats only sebab I know I can't afford more than two. Nak jemput kucing datang rumah, macam nak sambut baby baru. Sikit lagi nak buat kenduri doa selamat je
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:30 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar
MidnightMaiden MidnightMaiden is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 199
Rep Power: 11
MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Kg. atau Sg. Dubai kot ... mcm Kg. New Zealand dekat Sepang/PD or something like that
Kat Penang pulak ada Miami Beach..so kalau ada orang nak let go cats because she's moving to Miami ke, u better check carefully which Miami
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:36 PM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default Let's help Egeh :)

Kikikikikik!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post
Kat Penang pulak ada Miami Beach..so kalau ada orang nak let go cats because she's moving to Miami ke, u better check carefully which Miami
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Maneki Neko's Avatar
Maneki Neko Maneki Neko is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Posts: 844
Rep Power: 13
Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Egeh is lovely, there is no question, and I hope she can survive this ordeal.

While I appreciate all the concern and effort to save her, like that to save Fluffy, I would like to ask that we all take a moment and say a prayer for the thousands of DSH cats who die every year -- either as strays, or euthanised in overcrowded shelters -- and die unnoticed and unmourned. My heart goes out to all of them.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Nur_illiyana's Avatar
Nur_illiyana Nur_illiyana is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bandar Kinrara
Posts: 288
Rep Power: 11
Nur_illiyana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

I baru dapat tengok gambar Egeh, boleh i tanya?
Selain poo dan pee melekat kt furr Egeh, dia ada health problem lain ke?yang memungkin kat PAWS put to sleep Egeh?
__________________
http://myfurrkids.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Advertising
Sponsored Listings
Sign Up
Find A Pet
Share & Save Lives
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Freebies / Starter Pack
Report Animal Abuse
Contact Us
Facilities
WAGazine
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Pet Food, Toys & Products
Cuteness Meter
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
KindMeal
Meat-Free Dining
Meal Deals
Kind Moments
Delicious Menu

Others
World Animal Day Contest
Digi iPhone Contest
East Coast Flood Relief
It's Pawssible
Freebies
Online Store
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my. All rights reserved.