Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 08:38 PM
PetFinder Buddy

sphinxlover is on a distinguished road
Default kitten spaying

I would like to close this thread.

Last edited by sphinxlover; 11-04-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: To Administrator
Old 10-08-2010, 01:13 AM
PetFinder Guru

izwanbest is on a distinguished road
Default Re: kitten spaying

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxlover View Post
My kitten Hazel, she is 5 months and I want to spay her but my mom think this will kill her if i do this. I want to spay her, but my mom is making me seriously nervous about this. She says she might die, and all these things that just makes me reluctant to spay my kitten. I'm just really scared now for my kitten, what if my mom is right? What if something went wrong with the spay and she did get sick and die. I'm like this with every single one of my cats that I've spayed. (Mom doesn't exactly give best advice all the time). What should i do? Should i wait till the kitten is 6 months and spay her or do what my mom says give her birth control pills.-_-; <<<<really uncomfortable with this, she's only 5 months, can you give a kitten birth control pills at that age? Seriously? Oh some words of encouragement and advice would be great thanks you. I love this kitten to death. T.T
wow for me 5 month is very early and it may harm your cat.. lol
i read from the senior here, it is best to spayed your cat when they has become 1 year +++ and their weight should be heavier/higher then 2.5kg, correct me if i,m wrong.. is not that u cant spay your kitty , but i think your mother has a point , hazel might die.. you didn't want that to be happen right??
Old 10-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Izwan, I'm not sure who told you that a cat should be 1year +++, but I don't think you would find any veterinarian who would agree with that.

From what I've read and heard, most people and vets agree that 6 months (before the first heat) is the best time to spay queens. Some vets are suggesting that early spaying -- as young as 8 weeks -- is ok, but I think there is still disagreement on that point.

Sphinxlover, why not ask the vet at the clinic where you plan to take Hazel? I don't mean any disrespect to your mother, but I don't think Hazel will die if you spay her at 5 months. But still, if she were my kitten, I would ask my vet.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by izwanbest View Post
i read from the senior here, it is best to spayed your cat when they has become 1 year +++ and their weight should be heavier/higher then 2.5kg, correct me if i,m wrong.. is not that u cant spay your kitty , but i think your mother has a point , hazel might die.. you didn't want that to be happen right??
Old 10-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! After so much information posted on Petfinder on spaying/neutering there is still so much confusion ......

Anyway, Sphinxlover, if your mother threatens to kill you over such an issue, then ask her to do so, and make it as quick and painless as possible because it sure does not look like she loves you adequately as a responsible parent, seriously or otherwise. And if she can kill you, seriously I do not think she really loves that kitten anyway nor is she really capable of loving anyone or anything.

My 2-sen ...
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default kitten spaying

5 mths old die of spaying process?? R u kidding?? Have u gone through all or if not most of our posts?? Where did u get your info 5 mths old kitten will die because of spaying operation?? If so, my cats would have die long time ago. I neuter my female cats at 5 mths old. I repeat at 5 mths old and they are all healthy and naughty monsters. 3 died from 2009-2010 not because of spaying but because they got Feline Leukemia.

Just for your info in case you don't know or you didn't read our other posts, most shelter like PAWS and SPCA spay female kitten as young as 3 mths old. Do you know why?? If you read our other posts as well, because female kitten can get on heat as young as 3 mths old. You surely does not want these shelters fill with unwanted and young pregancy, do you?? Just imagine 14 yrs old girl get pregnant. Same like this kittens. Prevention is always better than cure.

Izwan, rajin rajin browse posting kami yg sebelum sebelum ini utk mendapat info yg tepat. Otherwise you won't learn anything here except from lepaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izwanbest View Post
wow for me 5 month is very early and it may harm your cat.. lol

Last edited by June; 10-08-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Animal Lover

Default kitten spaying

My mum always said she will kill me for being stubborn and bullying my little sisters around. But I am still alive and breathing Why would a mother wants to kill their daugther?? Don't worry about herlah. Cakap cakap only when mum gets angry.

Tell your mum this birth control pills will have health side effect on cats at later stage. I am not joking. Is true. The easiest and painless way is to spay your cat. Send your cat to Klinik Kembiri ant 9am and she will come out from operation room at 12pm sleeping or groggy if she's awake. Bring her back home and put her in the cage for at least 5-7 days. Don't let her come near to water. Don't let her out from the house. Is very simple. My monsters were already jumping here and there asking me to let them out from the cage after 3 days. By the 5th day,the wrestled with each other. Believe me, I think I have spaying/neuter more or less about 100 cats. Nothing bad happpen as long as you follow the rules to cage after neutering and few others tips.

Quote:
My kitten Hazel, she is 5 months and I want to spay her but my mom think this will kill her if i do this. I want to spay her, but my mom is making me seriously nervous about this. She says she might die, and all these things that just makes me reluctant to spay my kitten. I'm just really scared now for my kitten, what if my mom is right? What if something went wrong with the spay and she did get sick and die. I'm like this with every single one of my cats that I've spayed. (Mom doesn't exactly give best advice all the time). What should i do? Should i wait till the kitten is 6 months and spay her or do what my mom says give her birth control pills.-_-; <<<<really uncomfortable with this, she's only 5 months, can you give a kitten birth control pills at that age? Seriously? Oh some words of encouragement and advice would be great thanks you. I love this kitten to death. T.T
Old 10-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Sphinxlover, listen to June, please. Sure, confirm with your vet (it might help to convince your mother), but June has tons of first-hand experience. Once Hazel starts her heat cycles, you will find yourself having one litter of kittens after the next in horrifying speed.

Look at some of the other posts, how many people have said, "Yeah, I wanted to spay her, but she got pregnant again too fast!"

June and Furkids know what they're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
5 mths old die of spaying process?? R u kidding?? Have u gone through all or if not most of our posts?? Where did u get your info 5 mths old kitten will die because of spaying operation?? If so, my cats would have die long time ago. I neuter my female cats at 5 mths old. I repeat at 5 mths old and they are all healthy and naughty monsters. 3 died from 2009-2010 not because of spaying but because they got Feline Leukemia.

Just for your info in case you don't know or you didn't read our other posts, most shelter like PAWS and SPCA spay female kitten as young as 3 mths old. Do you know why?? If you read our other posts as well, because female kitten can get on heat as young as 3 mths old. You surely does not want these shelters fill with unwanted and young pregancy, do you?? Just imagine 14 yrs old girl get pregnant. Same like this kittens. Prevention is always better than cure.

Izwan, rajin rajin browse posting kami yg sebelum sebelum ini utk mendapat info yg tepat. Otherwise you won't learn anything here except from lepaking.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:41 PM
PetFinder Buddy

aina.mj is on a distinguished road

hai Sphinxlover..
i pun sokong June tengtang hal ini.sebelum i spay my furkids dulu i pun was2 patut ke tidak.setelah membaca komen2 dalam forum petfinder i dah pun spay 3 furkids,female age 5mth&9mth..male age 3mth.memang rasa berdebar-debar terutama nak spay female cat tapi diorang lebih ok dari i,risau terlebih pula.hehehe...lepas spay diorang akan pening2 lalat.tapi lepas 1@2 hari dah ok.

cepat2 la spay Hazel..kucing i ada umor 4mth dah mula nak kawin tau.masa tu xberani nak spay so bagi pils.dah spay ne dia lebih tenang sebab xperlu risau lagi tentang nak kawin dan makan pil.my furkids lebih happy,chubby dan nakal.best of luck dear..
Old 10-09-2010, 12:16 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aina.mj View Post
hai Sphinxlover..
i pun sokong June tengtang hal ini.sebelum i spay my furkids dulu i pun was2 patut ke tidak.setelah membaca komen2 dalam forum petfinder i dah pun spay 3 furkids,female age 5mth&9mth..male age 3mth.memang rasa berdebar-debar terutama nak spay female cat tapi diorang lebih ok dari i,risau terlebih pula.hehehe...lepas spay diorang akan pening2 lalat.tapi lepas 1@2 hari dah ok.

cepat2 la spay Hazel..kucing i ada umor 4mth dah mula nak kawin tau.masa tu xberani nak spay so bagi pils.dah spay ne dia lebih tenang sebab xperlu risau lagi tentang nak kawin dan makan pil.my furkids lebih happy,chubby dan nakal.best of luck dear..
thanks alot aina.mj. Really needed to hear those words, thought i was the only one. Yeah i'm going to go over with the vet by next week or so, since i'm not doing anything this month or traveling, cus the vets here in perak, are not all that top notch. (If ya know what I mean). Small country town I live in. And I would like to thank everyone else that posted here, thanks for all the advice guys:)
Old 10-12-2010, 03:53 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:

You know no offense to you or anything but i do have a life and better things to do than read other ppls post. I don't how things are run here but where i come from we post of what we want to know and if you don't want to help then you don't need to be on my thread. I never said this will kill her, my mother thinks the spay will kill as i HAVE had kitten died after their spay surgery, so you can't really say much can ya as i'm sure you are not a doctor. Don't be hatin on ppl just cus they be asking ppl for help. Jeez..
Old 10-12-2010, 03:56 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Last edited by sphinxlover; 10-13-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:58 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! After so much information posted on Petfinder on spaying/neutering there is still so much confusion ......

Anyway, Sphinxlover, if your mother threatens to kill you over such an issue, then ask her to do so, and make it as quick and painless as possible because it sure does not look like she loves you adequately as a responsible parent, seriously or otherwise. And if she can kill you, seriously I do not think she really loves that kitten anyway nor is she really capable of loving anyone or anything.

My 2-sen ...
Ur funny...........I didn't say my mom will kill me.......heck i wouldn't mind if she did anyway i can leave this world and be happy.....
Old 10-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
... You know no offense to you or anything but i do have a life and better things to do than read other ppls post. I don't how things are run here but where i come from we post of what we want to know and if you don't want to help then you don't need to be on my thread ...
Ampun Tuanku King Tutupenuhkutu/Queen Tutubuangkutu beribu-ribu ampun .... mohon tunggu dan bagi sedikit masa utk patik-patik kalian yg do not have any miserable lives tolong Tuanku do the reading of other people's posts and gather all the info and knowledge in order to update Your Imperial Highness, yer .....
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Animal Lover

Default kitten spaying

I am not a doctor nor a vet. But I am smart enough not to be con by vet by learning and looking as much information as I can. Beside this is to understand my cats better. Yes, I took my time by reading post after post. Do you know that some people in this forum have this kind of attitude, couldn't be bother to do their reading and seeking knowledge but when they having problem with their cats, starting to call another forumer friends at wee hour, calling when we are busy at work. If we didn't pick up the call, they start to sms. When they were told to look the info in this forum (yes, we have posted it many many times), their answer is very simple. No time. Huh?? So I must spare my time to answer their questions or calls just because they are lazy to read to seek knowledge for their own cats??

I copy & paste the link related to spaying/neutering post here for everybody to share. I think there's more but I don't time at the moment to go one by one

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4329

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2579

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4847

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4698

If you don't understand Bahasa Malaysia, you can ask for translation. I am sure many will be very happy to help.

This is type of information is crucial for every pet owners & yet many still couldn't get their information right when the link is right under their nose. Reason?? Simple. Lazy to browse. So, me & other forumers will become broken record, repeating the same thing over & over again.

I wonder, if you know shelters spay as early as 8 weeks, what was your question above all above then??

Quote:
You know no offense to you or anything but i do have a life and better things to do than read other ppls post. I don't how things are run here but where i come from we post of what we want to know and if you don't want to help then you don't need to be on my thread. I never said this will kill her, my mother thinks the spay will kill as i HAVE had kitten died after their spay surgery, so you can't really say much can ya as i'm sure you are not a doctor. Don't be hatin on ppl just cus they be asking ppl for help. Jeez.. AND FYI i DO KNOW some shelters spay as early as 8 weeks, at the Michigan Capital Area Humane Society spay all their kittens at this age.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:44 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
I am not a doctor nor a vet. But I am smart enough not to be con by vet by learning and looking as much information as I can. Beside this is to understand my cats better. Yes, I took my time by reading post after post. Do you know that some people in this forum have this kind of attitude, couldn't be bother to do their reading and seeking knowledge but when they having problem with their cats, starting to call another forumer friends at wee hour, calling when we are busy at work. If we didn't pick up the call, they start to sms. When they were told to look the info in this forum (yes, we have posted it many many times), their answer is very simple. No time. Huh?? So I must spare my time to answer their questions or calls just because they are lazy to read to seek knowledge for their own cats??

I copy & paste the link related to spaying/neutering post here for everybody to share. I think there's more but I don't time at the moment to go one by one

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4329

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2579

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4847

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4698

If you don't understand Bahasa Malaysia, you can ask for translation. I am sure many will be very happy to help.

This is type of information is crucial for every pet owners & yet many still couldn't get their information right when the link is right under their nose. Reason?? Simple. Lazy to browse. So, me & other forumers will become broken record, repeating the same thing over & over again.

I wonder, if you know shelters spay as early as 8 weeks, what was your question above all above then??
I will just conclude that ur tree don't go up all the way and leave it at that have a nice day.................
Old 10-13-2010, 10:45 PM
PetFinder Buddy

...........................that wasn't directed at you.....and i don't care what ur saying right now.......i'm suprised you see urself as a hamba abdi...........don't really you should have more confidence in yourself and not degrade urself sooo much tsk tsk i pity you.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Call me Yuana or Yan ;)

euanna is on a distinguished road

You do not know to use the "search" option / button?

I always tell people, google is your friend. A lot of information out there, a lot of books out there...

The issue of spaying has been covered over and over and over again here, please do your search properly before posting the same issue over and over and over and over and over again..

Over and out
Old 10-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Animal Lover

zackertashia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i do have a life and better things to do than read other ppls post. I don't how things are run here but where i come from we post of what we want to know and if you don't want to help then you don't need to be on my thread
wow! are you saying that everybody else here don't have a life and everytime people ask question they need to be answered everytime regardless of how many times it had been answered and discussed before? kids nowadays, they expect to be spoonfed everytime..duh
Old 10-26-2010, 11:35 PM
PetFinder Administrator

Administrator has disabled reputation

FurKids & June,

As seniors (and June, a Moderator) of this forum, you have portrayed a bad image of our community by being hostile and sarcastic towards such new members of the forum.

A forum serves as an outlet for people to ask questions, especially for those that are inexperienced or newbies. If you respond to a sincere question with such condescending tone, it defeats the purpose of sharing knowledge and newcomers would shy away from asking questions.

Some of you might think that these questions are naive. But don't forget that at one point of time, veterans have also been newbies and there are other kind, sincere people that have helped us out. Whether we are teaching new forumers or guiding a child, we must always maintain a polite and humble attitude.

You could very easily have just posted a polite request to have the person search for existing threads, or even pointed them to the right posts. Or, just very well have remained silent. Instead of ridiculing the person outright from your very first posts. That would only yield 2 results: scare away the person, or cause the person to retaliate and start an unnecessary verbal warfare. Either way, you would have generated an unfriendly and arrogant image of this forum.

Once again, let us emphasize that there should be no such hostile or sarcastic tones. This is not the first time we've observed you reacting in such manner. Please refrain yourselves from any such responses in the future. Both of you are very knowledgeable and experienced, and should set a good example to the junior members, who will respect and learn from you.

Maneki Neko, who is equally knowledgeable and well-versed in pets, has shown an excellent example of being helpful and good-natured. Those are the traits that a senior member should exhibit. Do learn from her example.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-27-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:29 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
FurKids & June,

As seniors (and June, a Moderator) of this forum, you have portrayed a bad image of our community by being hostile and sarcastic towards such new members of the forum.

A forum serves as an outlet for people to ask questions, especially for those that are inexperienced or newbies. If you respond to a sincere question with such condescending tone, it defeats the purpose of sharing knowledge and newcomers would shy away from asking questions.

Some of you might think that these questions are naive. But don't forget that at one point of time, veterans have also been newbies and there are other kind, sincere people that have helped us out. Whether we are teaching new forumers or guiding a child, we must always maintain a polite and humble attitude.

You could very easily have just posted a polite request to have the person search for existing threads, or even pointed them to the right posts. Or, just very well have remained silent. Instead of ridiculing the person outright from your very first posts. That would only yield 2 results: scare away the person, or cause the person to retaliate and start an unnecessary verbal warfare. Either way, you would have generated an unfriendly and arrogant image of this forum.

Once again, let us emphasize that there should be no such hostile or sarcastic tones. This is not the first time we've observed you reacting in such manner. Please refrain yourselves from any such responses in the future. Both of you are very knowledgeable and experienced, and should set a good example to the junior members, who will respect and learn from you.

Maneki Neko, who is equally knowledgeable and well-versed in pets, has shown an excellent example of being helpful and good-natured. Those are the traits that a senior member should exhibit. Do learn from her example.

Thank you administrator, thanks again!
Closed Thread