Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 10-15-2010, 07:26 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Encouraged the public to lodge reports if you "Suspect" knew of any Bogus Vets.or Petshop Fake Vet

Help yourself and Public to lodge reports if you "Suspect" knew of any Bogus Vets.or Petshop Fake Vet.
Please inform to veterinary services department and Petfinder.my

Company

The veterinary services department is seeking the advice of the Attorney-General’s Chambers to amend the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1974 to give it more powers to nab bogus veterinarians.

Dr Abdul Aziz said the department was seeking to provide the inspectors with powers to investigate and arrest the culprits and to also seize evidence for court prosecution.

The department also wanted stiffer fines and penalties for fake vets.
In the meantime, said Dr Abdul Aziz, the veterinary council would come up with a new website and a list of veterinarians issued with the annual practising certificate (APC).

He said the department had set up a hotline (03-8870 2236 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 03-8870 2236 end_of_the_skype_highlighting) so the public can check on veterinarians without APCs, as of Sept 29.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Encouraged the public to lodge reports if you "Suspect" knew of any Bogus Vets.or Petshop Fake V

Great info Clement. We must bring down the bogus vets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Help yourself and Public to lodge reports if you "Suspect" knew of any Bogus Vets.or Petshop Fake Vet.
Please inform to veterinary services department and Petfinder.my

Company

The veterinary services department is seeking the advice of the Attorney-General’s Chambers to amend the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1974 to give it more powers to nab bogus veterinarians.

Dr Abdul Aziz said the department was seeking to provide the inspectors with powers to investigate and arrest the culprits and to also seize evidence for court prosecution.

The department also wanted stiffer fines and penalties for fake vets.
In the meantime, said Dr Abdul Aziz, the veterinary council would come up with a new website and a list of veterinarians issued with the annual practising certificate (APC).

He said the department had set up a hotline (03-8870 2236 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 03-8870 2236 end_of_the_skype_highlighting) so the public can check on veterinarians without APCs, as of Sept 29.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Animal Lover

newbie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Encouraged the public to lodge reports if you "Suspect" knew of any Bogus Vets.or Petshop Fake V

Yup,

Report by sms also can I think. Send to 15888. I have send a sms to that no about the bogus vet or petshop fake vet from Shah alam,

Now waiting if there is any action taken.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:38 PM
PetFinder Guru

Nur_illiyana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Encouraged the public to lodge reports if you "Suspect" knew of any Bogus Vets.or Petshop Fake V

hi DIMB,

Would like to ask for your permission to use this reminder in my blog entry.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:06 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Nur,
Sure. I a bit shy to say, because i get information from news paper. hope it useful to you too.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

June, I agree. Like you, Clement, and many other PF members, I've been following the stories in the paper (and the horror stories on Petfinder ).

This is our chance to do something positive to make a change.

I saw the thread about a program to spay/neuter pets at low cost only after the administrator had closed it, but I want to add a related comment here: It made me extremely nervous that the name of the vet performing the surgeries in that program seemed to be a secret. I was especially unhappy to see that kind of secrecy here on Petfinder after we've read of members whose cats have suffered and died after surgery by someone who was not a qualified vet.
Each one of these horror stories about bungled surgery by uncertified 'vets' makes it more difficult to encourage people to spay/neuter their pets. Pet-lovers especially need to promote transparency in the veterinary practice! Not secrecy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Great info Clement. We must bring down the bogus vets.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:47 AM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
June, I agree. Like you, Clement, and many other PF members, I've been following the stories in the paper (and the horror stories on Petfinder ).

This is our chance to do something positive to make a change.

I saw the thread about a program to spay/neuter pets at low cost only after the administrator had closed it, but I want to add a related comment here: It made me extremely nervous that the name of the vet performing the surgeries in that program seemed to be a secret. I was especially unhappy to see that kind of secrecy here on Petfinder after we've read of members whose cats have suffered and died after surgery by someone who was not a qualified vet.
Each one of these horror stories about bungled surgery by uncertified 'vets' makes it more difficult to encourage people to spay/neuter their pets. Pet-lovers especially need to promote transparency in the veterinary practice! Not secrecy.
they also advertise in ym status. Guess they want to go big also. Suspicious, it's more to clique plan kinda thing....no idea..

Yet. I think your clinic kembiri has given out lower price with qualified vet right.. they should go for that . Like me, as I said, here it's expensive..and just did lancing for one of my picked up stray..cost me nearly RM200 just to remove the boil.

As for me, I am not only searching for qualified vet, I also search for an experience and with good reputation. It goes back to the owner, if you want short-cuts, do not even bother to have any pet. Imagine, you are sending your children to do minor surgery to a nobody..and do it at their house... That's remind me of a CSI series where the boy died straight away ( in a shop store ) as the so called doc wrongly diagnosed and just threw the body away.. More or less like that one ler..
Old 10-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurkasih View Post
they also advertise in ym status. Guess they want to go big also. Suspicious, it's more to clique plan kinda thing....no idea..
... this same group which talks about throwing their lawyers at people who question or seek information regarding activities they themselves posted to seek participation from forumers?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurkasih View Post
As for me, I am not only searching for qualified vet, I also search for an experience and with good reputation. It goes back to the owner, if you want short-cuts, do not even bother to have any pet. Imagine, you are sending your children to do minor surgery to a nobody..and do it at their house... That's remind me of a CSI series where the boy died straight away ( in a shop store ) as the so called doc wrongly diagnosed and just threw the body away.. More or less like that one ler..
You know, Kasih, overseas many vets doing TNR for the ferals are specially trained to do the castration even more efficiently and neatly to ensure fastest healing and minimum post-operative complications because the ferals undergo extreme stress when caged and need to be released fast (male after 24 hours, female 48 hours) otherwise they mutilate themselves in captivity due to the high stress.

So likewise, when we want to send our animals for spay/neuter, or any medical needs, we seek good vet surgeons that have the tenacity to update and improve themselves constantly, chalking up additional skills and experience all the time to add to their credentials instead of simply asking customers to trust them and their jaded piece of paper hanging on the wall.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 10-19-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Animal Lover

Melocy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
... this same group which talks about throwing their lawyers at people who question or seek information regarding activities they themselves posted to seek participation from forumers?
Yup the same group, all of their work all want to be done in very secretive yet still want people money.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melocy View Post
Yup the same group, all of their work all want to be done in very secretive yet still want people money.
Shameful ... but the sad thing is that there are some people who willingly allow themselves to be "suckered" because in their hearts, they secretly harbour unrealistically high hopes of winning the prize. People whose eyes are somehow blinded by greed.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Animal Lover

Ferris Wheel is on a distinguished road

It amazes me how this person is so "muka tembok". This person not only continue to stand-wet-strand "menegakkan benang yang basah" while knowingly IT'S A SIN to collaborate with such evil, and yet had the guts to invite other people to join. All just because this person's cat had in the past won a prize. VERY SHAMEFUL! I wonder where that "courage" and "ilmu muka tembok" came from.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:33 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Shameful ... but the sad thing is that there are some people who willingly allow themselves to be "suckered" because in their hearts, they secretly harbour unrealistically high hopes of winning the prize. People whose eyes are somehow blinded by greed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris Wheel View Post
It amazes me how this person is so "muka tembok". This person not only continue to stand-wet-strand "menegakkan benang yang basah" while knowingly IT'S A SIN to collaborate with such evil, and yet had the guts to invite other people to join. All just because this person's cat had in the past won a prize. VERY SHAMEFUL! I wonder where that "courage" and "ilmu muka tembok" came from.
Amazing right! Unbelievable. But I still strongly believe no one will do things for others and not expecting anything. ... ( tak termasuk yang di cloud 9 in love.. itu memang lain..hahaha)
Old 10-24-2010, 06:27 PM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road

Pada sapa2 yang nak buat aduan pasal vet bogus ke, vet yang unethical ke, vet yang discriminasi ke (layan kucing mahal je tapi kucing kampung bo layan..) ni saya pastekan cara untuk buat aduan...ini pun kawan vet saya kasi...saja nak share pada sapa2 yang memerlukan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vets[1].jpg
Views:	212
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	10313