Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 04:02 PM
CATSS & ANIMALS LOVER

farrahnize is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to farrahnize
Default Suggestions from friend

Hi friends,
To all pet finder members....would like to ask for ur opinion n support...it's from one of my friends who have a shelter for 73 stray cats.Dia bagi 2 suggestion yg rasanyer best jugak n this is for the sake of bebudak bulus yg kter sayangi.
1)She have been in singapore n one effort already taken.Ader NGO's yg meletakkan satu tabung di setiap Pets store yg mana every buyer yg beli mknn kucing/anjing boleh donate mknn utk stray cat/dog yg diletakkan dibwah pusat perlindungan haiwan include personal punyer.For example....biler kiter beli 10 tin mknn kucing...kiter boleh donate 1 tin pada tabung tu.N all the food will be devided pada Persatuan2 yg melindungi stray cat/dog utk membantu derang ..sama mcm aper yg whiskas buat before..coz coz as we know Malaysia Goverment mmg langsung tak pernah ambik hirau about this matter kan..xder peruntukan utk derang.What they know...bler terima complaint or nak control 'bebudk malang' nie ialah dgn cara tangkap n PUT DOWN derang...sorry for this statement k..
2)kiter sendiri as a animal lover be a donator secara tetap every week or every month..for example...RM1 seminggu.rasanyer tak lah besar sgt kan???n duit tu kiter boleh belikan mknn bebudak n donate kat tempat2 perlindungan haiwan termasuk persendirian punyer.Ini menunjukkan betapa kiter bersungguh2 utk membela nasib kucing2/anjing2 terbiar yg perlukan pembelaan.coz sometimes ader individuals yg nak donate tp x tahu nak salurkan cara mcm mana.if boleh, buat satu acc mcm Tabung Bersamamu tu will be easier.

We seriously must do something coz if we don't .....who else??betul tak???
hope dpt reply/feedback dr u all either positif or negative.or maybe we can think of something..together we save life
Old 11-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Human :-)

prinz38i is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to prinz38i
Default Re: Suggestions from friend

If you read the rules and regulation of this forum, tidak dibenarkan meminta derma/sumbangan dari forumer... AM I Correct Blackie007??..

I ada jumpe satu site baru... nampak menarik, mungkin bley meriahkan tempat tu utk tujuan2 nie kot?

http://pusaksenghouse.weebly.com/index.html
Old 11-22-2010, 07:17 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinz38i View Post
If you read the rules and regulation of this forum, tidak dibenarkan meminta derma/sumbangan dari forumer... AM I Correct Blackie007??..

I ada jumpe satu site baru... nampak menarik, mungkin bley meriahkan tempat tu utk tujuan2 nie kot?

Correct Prinz but I don't see why Pet Finder (since its an association) and regularly organizes and joined forces to organize pet adoptions can actually set up a fund to help these homeless strays and get them neutered and spayed at the same time. I also feel that since Pet Finder's mission is to save homeless animals the 'Selling' Section should be abolished as people would rather buy cute kitties rather than choose the strays. I have voiced this out to the Admin however no reply has been given. If Pet Finder's mission is to save and find a home for these stray animals then this will be a good start. Next, Pet Finder can organize a "Neuter and Spay" program. They can approach SPCA and get a monthly quota of 100 cats to be spayed at their clinic with a reduced fee of course but the monthly quota of 100 cats has to be met. I am sure that many of us will benefit from this cause since we are not allowed to solicitate funds from others.

Just my two cents

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 11-23-2010, 04:04 PM
CATSS & ANIMALS LOVER

farrahnize is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to farrahnize

Quote:

thanks prinz38i...actually i x manage pun nak baca rules n regulation...beside as i said... i just asking for suggestion n opinion from friends here.not asking for donation....together we find way to save animals....
Old 11-23-2010, 04:32 PM
PetFinder Guru

maris_sa528 is on a distinguished road

Hi Farrahnize,

Memula saya baca thread yang you buka ni, my first thought is "this is great suggestion!". I talked with my friends about your suggestion, then I baru realise yang di Malaysia kita dah ada NGO-NGO seperti SPCA & PAWS. yang mmg mengalu-alukan donation dari pet lover.

I should thank you for raising this matter up, now we can highlight this matter to our forum. Untuk yang tak sedar, kita boleh bantu haiwan-haiwan terbiar ini melalui donation to:

PAWS:
http://www.paws.org.my/contribute/make-a-donation/

SPCA:
http://www.spca.org.my/v51/supportus_donate.php

Maybe kita boleh salurkan bantuan untuk agensi yang berdaftar macam ni?
Old 11-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Human :-)

prinz38i is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to prinz38i

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrahnize View Post
thanks prinz38i...actually i x manage pun nak baca rules n regulation...beside as i said... i just asking for suggestion n opinion from friends here.not asking for donation....together we find way to save animals....
same laa.. I pun tatau.. sampai laa my thread dan kene lock. but its ok laa because thats the rules. we have to obey.

yg penting kite dah usaha and buat something yg some other ppl just tau cakap je

cuma I wondering and waiting, bile laa org2 yg ada bg tau I suruh I spay/neuter kan my cat, untuk donate some fund for me utk spaykan 12 strays yg tgh boarding kat rumah sy tu... sy and the rescuer mmg tak mampu, so mengharapkan bantuan dan org3 yg menyayangi dan tahu dan pandai mengarah org lain utk membantu juga, bukan setakat berkata2...

Thanks for those who already take action, contribute and help in reducing and controlling strays population
Old 11-23-2010, 05:42 PM
PetFinder Guru

maris_sa528 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
same laa.. I pun tatau.. sampai laa my thread dan kene lock. but its ok laa because thats the rules. we have to obey.

yg penting kite dah usaha and buat something yg some other ppl just tau cakap je

cuma I wondering and waiting, bile laa org2 yg ada bg tau I suruh I spay/neuter kan my cat, untuk donate some fund for me utk spaykan 12 strays yg tgh boarding kat rumah sy tu... sy and the rescuer mmg tak mampu, so mengharapkan bantuan dan org3 yg menyayangi dan tahu dan pandai mengarah org lain utk membantu juga, bukan setakat berkata2...

Thanks for those who already take action, contribute and help in reducing and controlling strays population
There are differences between donating to individual and registered agency, mate. Hope you understand the rule that been stated by PetFinder. Prinz38i, You are such a great pet lover, I adore you. Not just you but we all here do love animals and I believe if people not loving animal, they won't spend their time here in PF Forum. We did what we could to help animals, some maybe choose to do it silently. You should understand that there are boundaries and regulation that should be respected here.

By the way.. I think it would be better if you talk direct to the person that you were talking about instead of talking with double meaning here. Just keep it sweet and simple and I guess by remain the discussion clean and healthy, we could invite more opinion and thought. ;)

Cheers.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:28 AM
PetFinder Administrator

Administrator has disabled reputation

Dear All,

Thank you for your suggestions.

We are certainly working towards the direction of setting up a unified fund for helping rescuers and animal shelters, but it cannot be executed at the moment, because we are not a legally registered non-profit society, and that makes any form of fund solicitation illegal. To achieve that, we would also need to provide proper accounting and full transparency in how the funds are used.

We currently do help raise funds for animal shelters and welfare groups during our events, as can be seen across over 13 weekends of adoption and fund raising drives that we have organized throughout this year. In these events, the funds go directly to the respective organizations and we do not pocket any money from it.

We are also working with an NGO to help promote some Spay & Neuter programs, which would be announced soon once finalized details are in place.

Until and unless we meet the necessary criteria for requesting donations, we would not be publicly soliciting funds. As you can see, not only are individual members prohibited from soliciting donations, but that includes PetFinder.my itself as well. However, rest assured that a more effective channel of fund raising is definitely within our future plans.

Once again, thank you for the suggestions. This thread will be closed.
Closed Thread