Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Movies & TV

Movies & TV Discuss the latest movies, tv shows, and what turns you into a couch potato

View Poll Results: Who is your TOP TWO favourites out of these 11 contestants?
Adam Lambert 6 85.71%
Alexis Grace 1 14.29%
Allison Iraheta 0 0%
Anoop Desai 0 0%
Danny Gokey 2 28.57%
Kris Allen 0 0%
Lil Rounds 1 14.29%
Matt Giraud 0 0%
Megan Joy Corkrey 1 14.29%
Michael Sarver 1 14.29%
Scott MacIntyre 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default American Idol Season 8 (2009)

wuahahahahah!!! sleeping in the toilet?? I give you hi-five back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Wah! June ah, I can high-five you lah. I, also, can sleep like that. I have slept in toilets when I was younger in my travelling days.
Well, since there was insufficient time to go home and then go through the famous Cheras jam to go to work, I went straight to office. The only place that no one could see me was in the toilet. So I climbed up on to the long shelf just below the big mirror and slept, very soundly...until I felt someone patting me and heard, "oi, oi, bangun, bangun!". Without opening my eyes, I muttered, "huh? huh?". Again the voice said, "oi, bangun, bangun. Mau cuci toilet lah. Bangun!" Slightly more awake with eyes still closed, I asked, "Pukul berapa ah?" "Aiyah, sudah pukul tujuh lebeh ah. Bangun, mau cuci toilet. Bangun." Sigh! There went my sleep but I was first in office that day!
Old 03-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: American Idol Season 8 (2009)

ya lor. i wish i had caught her, then i could have taken a picture and have it published in, say, Her World, a magazine by BP, owned by NST.....titeld tips on how to catch your beauty sleep in your office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
wuahahahahah!!! sleeping in the toilet?? I give you hi-five back.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Animal Lover

wakakakakakak!! also for the comany memo remember?? the one said cannot sit in the toilet for more than 3 minutes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
ya lor. i wish i had caught her, then i could have taken a picture and have it published in, say, Her World, a magazine by BP, owned by NST.....titeld tips on how to catch your beauty sleep in your office.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Petfinder Moderator

yup, yup, mustn't forget that. but office hours haven't started yet wor, can count ah?

Quote:
wakakakakakak!! also for the comany memo remember?? the one said cannot sit in the toilet for more than 3 minutes??
Old 03-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Animal Lover

oh!! ya lor!! ok,ok I take it back

Quote:
yup, yup, mustn't forget that. but office hours haven't started yet wor, can count ah?
Old 03-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Petfinder Moderator

a.lya,
it's not allison the pink hair girl that got eliminated. it's alexis grace, the blonde with pink highlights.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:14 AM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

Watched American Idol, finally.
I think Adam Lambert is a futuristic singer, you know, like a singer from the future, space age kind of thing. He is unique. If you notice, he curled his upper lip like Elvis when singing. At a certain angle, he does resemble a young Elvis.
Never knew Anoop could sing like this. He was impressive. Not so sure about the others as I was yawning. But I noticed Megan was rather voluptuous probably because of the dress.
Quote:
What do u guys think of tonight's American Idol? Who is your favourite performer tonight?
For me personally, there were 3 performances that I really enjoyed. Matt was at his best, and Megan's voice was particularly smoky and sultry. But the one that I went crazy over was the "strange" (quote Kara) performace of Adam Lambert.
I liked the quirky, off-beat, and really unusual rendition. And his gyrations, eyes, expressions, voice, OMG!!! My jaw just dropped and I never laughed so hard during a performance before.
So, guys, tell us what you think. Come, let's pretend we are the judges.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:18 AM
PetFinder Guru

Aahh! Mr Double-Oh-Seven, that time you were in BP in Jalan Liku. Office there was always locked for security's sake and the key kept in HQ.

It was in the old block where I 'practically grew up', the toilet on the ground floor near production. I had to choose between the plush velvet sofa at the old block reception area (where everyone walk through) and the toilet. Most staff avoid this toilet because it was gloomy, dank and had rumours of the unseen but heck, I forgot about the cleaner lady!

Quote:
eh, where was this, cookie? nst or bp toilet? i was already in the office by 7:15am, if i knew, i could go kacau u.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
a.lya,
it's not allison the pink hair girl that got eliminated. it's alexis grace, the blonde with pink highlights.
I knoww. I didn't want to type out the name to spoil the 'surprise' to whom who hasn't watch the elimination.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Petfinder Moderator

hmmm?? locked? no la, rajen arrived around 6-ish, can enter, I arrived at around 7:15am, also can enter. Our copies of NST of that day would already be waiting for us at our desks.

are you referring to the toilet in the building where the clinic is? the one where we can get our free daily vitamin c & whatever drugs we want? the one with the theatrette on top?

Quote:
Aahh! Mr Double-Oh-Seven, that time you were in BP in Jalan Liku. Office there was always locked for security's sake and the key kept in HQ.

It was in the old block where I 'practically grew up', the toilet on the ground floor near production. I had to choose between the plush velvet sofa at the old block reception area (where everyone walk through) and the toilet. Most staff avoid this toilet because it was gloomy, dank and had rumours of the unseen but heck, I forgot about the cleaner lady!
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.lya View Post
I knoww. I didn't want to type out the name to spoil the 'surprise' to whom who hasn't watch the elimination.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:38 PM
PetFinder Guru

That's right. That's the old building. It has many stories.

Rajen would sometimes wait for me at the bus stop at 6.45am and we would walk together. There were times when I would visit my night shift and early morning shift colleagues including the security office. Other mornings I would help the Indian stall owner open stall like fry beehoon, make thosai and drinks. It used to amuse TV3 staff on morning shift when I served them and then myself. They enjoyed saying, "part time ah?" There were many strays, too, then; never lived long.

Quote:
hmmm?? locked? no la, rajen arrived around 6-ish, can enter, I arrived at around 7:15am, also can enter. Our copies of NST of that day would already be waiting for us at our desks.

are you referring to the toilet in the building where the clinic is? the one where we can get our free daily vitamin c & whatever drugs we want? the one with the theatrette on top?
Old 03-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Petfinder Moderator

ah...i know some of the stories. the seniors can't wait to share it with us newbies when we first joined. we had to undergo training, including going to the printing press to see how the newspapers were printed, for i don't remember how long in the old building.

i guess we were all very green, and wet behind the ears being just freshly out of U, and the seniors just loved to scare us silly with some of the stories. i was certainly afraid to go to that toilet.

Quote:
That's right. That's the old building. It has many stories.

Rajen would sometimes wait for me at the bus stop at 6.45am and we would walk together. There were times when I would visit my night shift and early morning shift colleagues including the security office. Other mornings I would help the Indian stall owner open stall like fry beehoon, make thosai and drinks. It used to amuse TV3 staff on morning shift when I served them and then myself. They enjoyed saying, "part time ah?" There were many strays, too, then; never lived long.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:01 AM
PetFinder Guru

Hahaha! Must tell me some of the stories to compare whether it's the same. It is rather comical when big grown-up men ask you to wait for them and didn't want to be alone in the office. Seems some corners were stronger than others.
Quote:
ah...i know some of the stories. the seniors can't wait to share it with us newbies when we first joined. we had to undergo training, including going to the printing press to see how the newspapers were printed, for i don't remember how long in the old building.

i guess we were all very green, and wet behind the ears being just freshly out of U, and the seniors just loved to scare us silly with some of the stories. i was certainly afraid to go to that toilet.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Default NST stories

hahahaha, I don't recall the details of the stories, but generally, it was that this place is haunted, and the spirits tend to like to appear to young girls, and such-and-such person have seen it, blah, blah, blah, u know those type of stories.

aww, no lah, rajen wasn't afraid to be in the office by himself la....... he was just being a gentlemen & providing u with security by waiting for u at the bus-stop to walk u the short distance to the office.

he's a real nice person, he always came by my dept to make sure i'm alright sitting there by myself before anyone has arrived. he'll hang around and talked to me until someone else arrives, usually that eurasian whats-his-name (is it colin).

you wouldn't believe who're the ones who liked to "bully" me with scary stories and teased me a lot ---- peter thamby rajah & that GM whats-his-name.....not fat, not tall, with a moustache. ah, maybe i ask daniel.....he knows, he thought it's amusing how they liked to tease me whenever they're downstairs. i think i made an easy target, with my confusing "betina" for perempuan.

Quote:
Hahaha! Must tell me some of the stories to compare whether it's the same. It is rather comical when big grown-up men ask you to wait for them and didn't want to be alone in the office. Seems some corners were stronger than others.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:28 PM
PetFinder Guru

rozzygee is on a distinguished road

*tapping fingers... scratching head..*
Old 03-21-2009, 11:02 PM
PetFinder Guru

Hahaha! Sorry rozzygee for making you scratch your head. Just enjoy 'our talk' before the next round of American Idol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzygee View Post
*tapping fingers... scratching head..*
Mr Double-Oh-Seven, do you know our old office have a real Indian temple in one corner (where regular prayers were held) and a Chinese 'Datuk' at the other opposite corner. These were built to appease you-know-what. The happenings were such that it was difficult not to believe. But no, it did not appear to young girls only.

Anyway the toilet I slept did not have air-conditioning but was extraordinarily cold.

Know why Rajen wasn't afraid? He carried a big, fat Bible with him at all times. I don't think he wanted to provide security for me because he told me once that I walked faster than he jogged on a bad day.

Ahh, that Eurasian chap - Collin. He's got a big round face and jowl like a male cat.

GM - we had Indian, Chinese and Malay. Ahh, I think I know which one. The one who later received Datukship. His PA was Julia. Can't recall his name now but it was not the common type like Ahmad, Ali or Mohamad.

Yes, young pretty freshie girls certainly were easy target for teasing.

Quote:
hahahaha, I don't recall the details of the stories, but generally, it was that this place is haunted, and the spirits tend to like to appear to young girls, and such-and-such person have seen it, blah, blah, blah, u know those type of stories.

aww, no lah, rajen wasn't afraid to be in the office by himself la....... he was just being a gentlemen & providing u with security by waiting for u at the bus-stop to walk u the short distance to the office.

he's a real nice person, he always came by my dept to make sure i'm alright sitting there by myself before anyone has arrived. he'll hang around and talked to me until someone else arrives, usually that eurasian whats-his-name (is it colin).

you wouldn't believe who're the ones who liked to "bully" me with scary stories and teased me a lot ---- peter thamby rajah & that GM whats-his-name.....not fat, not tall, with a moustache. ah, maybe i ask daniel.....he knows, he thought it's amusing how they liked to tease me whenever they're downstairs. i think i made an easy target, with my confusing "betina" for perempuan.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Quote:
Hahaha! Sorry rozzygee for making you scratch your head. Just enjoy 'our talk' before the next round of American Idol.
yes, rozzy, just enjoy our walk down memory lane before the next round of American Idol.

Quote:
Mr Double-Oh-Seven, do you know our old office have a real Indian temple in one corner (where regular prayers were held) and a Chinese 'Datuk' at the other opposite corner. These were built to appease you-know-what. The happenings were such that it was difficult not to believe. But no, it did not appear to young girls only.

Anyway the toilet I slept did not have air-conditioning but was extraordinarily cold.
yes, i've heard that the toilet was freezing, and gave u goose-bumps. i was "warned" not to go alone into that toilet in my first week there. hmm....kind seniors.

i'd love to know what that building was before. do u happen to know?

Quote:
Know why Rajen wasn't afraid? He carried a big, fat Bible with him at all times. I don't think he wanted to provide security for me because he told me once that I walked faster than he jogged on a bad day.
u mean in his backpack? if i remember, i think he was always walking around with the backpack.

i think maybe he was scared after all, since he had to stay back and read the news for TV3 and as u know, our building would be nearly empty by then.

Quote:
Ahh, that Eurasian chap - Collin. He's got a big round face and jowl like a male cat.
muahahahaha.....I couldn't have described it better. yes, Collin has a big round face and jowl like jimmy's british short hair.

Quote:
GM - we had Indian, Chinese and Malay. Ahh, I think I know which one. The one who later received Datukship. His PA was Julia. Can't recall his name now but it was not the common type like Ahmad, Ali or Mohamad.
YES! His PA is Julia. And he got a datukship. Just couldn't recall his name now, as I hardly ever used his name. I simply addressed him as 'Sir" since I had just got out of U and is still used to saying "Yes, sir". He's always tickled when I called him "sir". peter couldn't take the sir thingy and asked me to simply call him peter.

but i chose to address him as Mr. Prowling Tiger (due to his constantly prowling around in our dept like a caged tiger), which he found amusing. Daniel used to say he thinks i'm the only one who could get away with calling him that.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:20 AM
PetFinder Guru

Only the old building? All have stories - old building, new building and BP.
Quote:
i'd love to know what that building was before. do u happen to know?
Hahaha, now you know. But ssshhhhhh!
In BP, you sat near the entrance, Rajen and I sat near the back door. If you can remember, that back door was never opened, never used, unless instructed. It opened to a staircase (I peeped) which led to another door that opened to the ground facing the huge rubbish bin. Now beside that bin was a cherry tree. Parking lines were drawn all round the building except near that tree. Guess!
Quote:
u mean in his backpack? if i remember, i think he was always walking around with the backpack. i think maybe he was scared after all, since he had to stay back and read the news for TV3 and as u know, our building would be nearly empty by then.
I remember that GM's name now - Hasbullah.
I never 'Sir' Peter only 'kacau' him 'thunderingraja' if you tweak his name a bit.
Quote:
YES! His PA is Julia. And he got a datukship. Just couldn't recall his name now, as I hardly ever used his name. I simply addressed him as 'Sir" since I had just got out of U and is still used to saying "Yes, sir". He's always tickled when I called him "sir". peter couldn't take the sir thingy and asked me to simply call him peter.

but i chose to address him as Mr. Prowling Tiger (due to his constantly prowling around in our dept like a caged tiger), which he found amusing. Daniel used to say he thinks i'm the only one who could get away with calling him that.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Animal Lover

I join Rozzygee tapping finger and scratching my head
Old 03-22-2009, 11:36 PM
PetFinder Guru

Hahaha June. Enjoy the stories lah.
Quote:
I join Rozzygee tapping finger and scratching my head
And now to continue...rumours has it that a girl hung herself on that cherry tree.
Quote:
Only the old building? All have stories - old building, new building and BP.

Hahaha, now you know. But ssshhhhhh!
In BP, you sat near the entrance, Rajen and I sat near the back door. If you can remember, that back door was never opened, never used, unless instructed. It opened to a staircase (I peeped) which led to another door that opened to the ground facing the huge rubbish bin. Now beside that bin was a cherry tree. Parking lines were drawn all round the building except near that tree. Guess!