Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 10-24-2008, 01:20 AM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee
Default Re: Dog saves owner, but robber dies from injuries (NST)

for me, no matter how the law is in favor of the gurad and the dog..
some more i'm sure that most of us are on the same side too..
i would say that the robber's death is consider accidental death or it happen in a self defense purpose..
it would be inhuman if the dog is sent to death sentence without giving it a second chance...
beside that the robber didn't die on the spot, he might died because of several reasons unknown such as maybe the hospital was lack of facilities or specialities, i mean you know la how hospitals are nowadays..
i'm not creating any heat here, just let us see the more bigger picture here, heck anything might have happen..
and logically if we were attack, how can we just sit there without doing anything and sometimes we don't have the control of what we're doing in order to protect ourselves hence the outcome would be unexpected..

i guess carrying a pepper spray or anything like that would be useful if someone attacks you and you just run away from the scene, just a reminder for us..

neway the dog and the guard deserve to be protected, it's just a scene that's gotten wrong in every way..
Old 10-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

you know, the dog itself may be lying somewhere injured also. poor dog.

i wonder why the police is looking for the dog - to remand the dog for investigation and to record a statement from the dog...???!!

i do hope that some good samaritan or friends of the guard has taken in the dog and treat its injuries if it is injured or keep if for the time being.

the police could be more forthcoming in explaning why they are looking for the dog:

1) to charge the dog for defending its friend and master?
2) to record a statement from the dog on the incident?
3) to give proper vet treatment for the dog in case it sustained injuries during the attack
4) to accord mention to the dog for its bravery and loyalty

going by the malaysian public servants records all this while, especially the "mind-boggling", "utter bunkum", "inexplicable irrational decisions/actiosn" that were constantly display and shown to the msian public and the international community, i think it'd be safe to say it's definitely not for (3) and (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
"We have tried to look for the dog and even visited the guard's house nearby, but there is no sign of the animal," he said.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

a robber dies...GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am very happy........

what is there to pity about robbers..
what about those who got robbed and get injured

at times we have to take the law at our own hands..
wait for police ar...unless you are totally half dead...then police will come

i hope the dog is not found at all...by the enforcer...
Old 10-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Pet Epicurean

aliciahorsley is on a distinguished road

while i agree with most of you in that both guard and dog deserve commendation and celebration, i think we are forgetting the robber.

no one throws his dignity and principles into the air without good reason. was he hungry? did he have children to feed? a mortgage to pay? times are hard and if people are not helping each other, do you think they can look on animals with compassion and mercy?

as long as there are people desperate enough to steal, prostitute their children and themselves in order to survive, animal welfare will be in the pale. as a mother myself, i would (with great reluctance) sacrifice every single animal i own/in may care in order to save just one of my children. if any one you think i am selfish or cruel, so be it. i know who i am. i do the best i can with what i have. i think i've certainly done my part to help and save homeless animals. but have no doubt that my own children come first.

so now, do you think the robber's death is something to celebrate?

Quote:
a robber dies...GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am very happy........
Our pets eat PINK raw food
Old 10-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Puppet Master~

chemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

hurmm... like that aa... so dogs will never get wild loh if they taste blood... huhu i thought all animal like that... my cat also.. if they had taste kibbles... they won't eat anything else.. aku bagi ikan singgang pun dah tanak makan dah...

well, alicia also had a good point, well, to me, the robber should be punished for what he has done. although you might want to think on behalf of their family or children, well, if the robber himself doesn't think of consequence of his action, i think he also doesn't care much of his family at all. yes, if it comes to stage when decision should be made to choose between human or animal, we should choose to protect our own kind. hehe.. but human can think laah.. .animal cannot... in this kind of situation here, i'm not partying on the death of the robber, but i do feel relief if this species vanish from our world.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Cool, Petfinder friends ... do not let emotions cloud your mind ...

Chemonk, you pointed out a very important point - there is no reason to rob another whatever the reason ... the robber could have killed his victim and he himself still be alive instead ... then what about the innocent victim's family? the robber should bear the consequences of his wrong actions, sorry la about the robber's family (yes, Alicia is right ... a death is nothing to celebrate, but if you have suffered at the other end (maybe Vivienlpl has), it is natural for the sufferer to feel some form of vindication, it is only human).

Innocent victims aren't not so lucky all the time, like the victim and the dog ... they might have died at the hands of the robber ... did the robber think of this?

About the possibility of the dog being destroyed ... this is because of the fact that the dog having experienced the killing of a human has made it a potentially dangerous animal. No, I do not think this is fair to a brave and self-sacrificing animal, but that is the transformation feared. And that is the reason why the humans will destroy the dog.

The dog might not have become a potentially dangerous animal but humans will take no chances. I think that is what is normally done, not only here but globally.

I feel for the dog, I feel sad for it and I hate the robber for causing this to happen to a magnificent and loyal animal! It has received a definite death sentence for nothing!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-24-2008, 04:46 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemonk View Post
hurmm... like that aa... so dogs will never get wild loh if they taste blood... huhu i thought all animal like that... my cat also.. if they had taste kibbles... they won't eat anything else.. aku bagi ikan singgang pun dah tanak makan dah...

well, alicia also had a good point, well, to me, the robber should be punished for what he has done. although you might want to think on behalf of their family or children, well, if the robber himself doesn't think of consequence of his action, i think he also doesn't care much of his family at all. yes, if it comes to stage when decision should be made to choose between human or animal, we should choose to protect our own kind. hehe.. but human can think laah.. .animal cannot... in this kind of situation here, i'm not partying on the death of the robber, but i do feel relief if this species vanish from our world.
i'm a dog owner and i must say that i'm offended by your last remark.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

To me, a robber who attacks a security guard is a dangerous person becos most security guards come armed one way or the other ... and if such a robber comes at me, I certainly hope to blow his brain off with my shotgun before he does the same to me.

A more harmless or benign robber might stay with defenceless little old ladies on the street or in the lift.

I definitely will not stop to think about his family in that split second becos I will certainly be thinking of mine and what happens to them if my brains are blown off. I do not think I will think about the robber's family later either becos I will be busy planning for the security of my own family against such lethal people.

I will certainly be thinking of my own family and even my little furkids rather than the robber's family.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Puppet Master~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
i'm a dog owner and i must say that i'm offended by your last remark.
huhu... maybe u misunderstand my writings... the "species" there is not reffered to dog species... i refer to the robber species... i hate the robber not dogs... in fact i love to know more about dog behavior... since in my residential area, lots of ppl have dogs.. but they didn't kept their dog well (i mean the dogs is not kept in their compound)... they came to my house and take away my safety shoes... hihihi... nevermind.. just alerting myself and learn so that i didn't accidentally provoke them... i always cari batu kerikil whenever i see dogs in my pathway... maybe i should own rottwiler (don't know how to spell) myself..

sorry if my previous statement offended you ya.. didn't mean to do that.. let's shake hand...
Old 10-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Pet Epicurean

to clarify on the tasting blood thingy...

our cats, dogs and hamsters all eat raw food. that means it is full of blood. however, THEY ARE NOT VICIOUS. Eating/tasting blood does not make you vicious. just like eating a tiger's penis is not going to turn me into a sex-crazed satyr :)

and my cats, dogs, rabbits and guinea pigs all get along and cat play together without eating each other. not something i can guarantee with my human kids.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Pet Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post

Chemonk, you pointed out a very important point - there is no reason to rob another whatever the reason ... the robber could have killed his victim and he himself still be alive instead ... then what about the innocent victim's family? the robber should bear the consequences of his wrong actions, sorry la about the robber's family (yes, Alicia is right ... a death is nothing to celebrate, but if you have suffered at the other end (maybe Vivienlpl has), it is natural for the sufferer to feel some form of vindication, it is only human).

!
i've been robbed before. several times in fact. but i'm glad that in the end, the important things were OK. the family.

And i still wouldn't wish any harm on the robber. i assumed/hope that they stole our car because they were desperate and had neither the means or the education to earn an honest living.

honestly, if you only had the choice of being a rubbish truck driver or robbing/stealing to make a living, you cannot honestly tell me stealing wouldn't be tempting.

and, i hope i haven't offended anyone. i was just trying to highlight the importance of being charitable to our fellow humans too, so as the create opportunities for all and to generate waves of compassion for all living things.

if i was going to wish ill on anyone, it'd be drug dealers and rapists and murderers.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:45 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
huhu... maybe u misunderstand my writings... the "species" there is not reffered to dog species... i refer to the robber species... i hate the robber not dogs... in fact i love to know more about dog behavior... since in my residential area, lots of ppl have dogs.. but they didn't kept their dog well (i mean the dogs is not kept in their compound)... they came to my house and take away my safety shoes... hihihi... nevermind.. just alerting myself and learn so that i didn't accidentally provoke them... i always cari batu kerikil whenever i see dogs in my pathway... maybe i should own rottwiler (don't know how to spell) myself..

sorry if my previous statement offended you ya.. didn't mean to do that.. let's shake hand...
Oh i see now. Sorry i misunderstood your meaning. I get too hotheaded sometimes. I appreciate that you're trying to learn dogs behavior more. You should tell your neighbors that their dogs are not allowed to wander around outside their compounds unsupervised and unleashed even if they have a dog license. This is irresponsible and also illegal and city council bodies such as dbkl have the authority to catch these unsupervised dogs and bring them to the pound.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

I just wanted to share..

My neighbor was once attacked by another neighbor's dog.

My neighbor, who was in his teen years back then was just cycling about the neighborhood when this small dog (if I'm not mistaken, the dog was similar to a Jack Russel bcs I've seen that little dog before) chased him, jumped on him while he was cycling and viciously bit him on the back and several other places which gave him about 14 stitches or more if I'm not mistaken. So, that little dog had to be put down to sleep. I have no idea until now what could have triggered that little dog to act so violently.

That particular dog owner also has a Shih Tzu who was very docile and always followed the maid around the park without a leash, and when I go near to pet it, it's always friendly. In fact, she also has a pet cat which that Shih Tzu gets along with too.

I don't believe that my neighbor had done anything to offend that dog either.

Hm thoughts?
Old 10-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Chemonk, (Chemonk ke yang mentioned this?) bukan sebab the dog tasted blood which makes it dangerous tapi it is the action of having experienced the overpowering of a human that make it dangerous because a trained dog is trained to accept the fact that the human is superior and dominant (a dog is a pack animal) and it must submit to him. That is why Doberman owners, etc understand why it is important to never let the dog push you and you fall down. You must maintain your stance.

However, having said that, dogs can be trained to capture robbers, etc and protect the owners, but under normal circumstances they are never trained to kill a human. Dogs that are specially trained to kill humans are very, very dangerous and must be very tightly controlled. They are both a danger to themselves as well as to others.

Sama la macam kat circus tu, the lion trainer must never, never trip on his feet and fall down. He MUST maintain his balance on his feet otherwise he is dead meat!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Puppet Master~

ok furkids.. ana sudah paham la... aku tak takut sgt kalau sekor.. tapi kalau dah 5-6 ekor kat springhill nih... cuak la jugak... as far as i know... dogs are similar to wolves, they hunt in pack.. itupun kalau liar lah... but seriously... since my house is very isolated... sebab jiran2 aku suma dah pindah.. i need to have a dog to secure my house... rottwilier (aku still tatau nak eja nama canine nih) ok kah? adakah rottwilier ni jenis makan tuan???
Old 10-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
ok furkids.. ana sudah paham la... aku tak takut sgt kalau sekor.. tapi kalau dah 5-6 ekor kat springhill nih... cuak la jugak... as far as i know... dogs are similar to wolves, they hunt in pack.. itupun kalau liar lah... but seriously... since my house is very isolated... sebab jiran2 aku suma dah pindah.. i need to have a dog to secure my house... rottwilier (aku still tatau nak eja nama canine nih) ok kah? adakah rottwilier ni jenis makan tuan???
Oh yes, Chemonk, you made a very important observation about pack animal types ... solo masih boleh kira OK ... tapi once in a pack, they behave very differently and can pose quite a threat should the attack mode be suddenly triggered in their brains.

Also, sometimes they may not be in attack mode, but if suddenly something triggers their brain to bring on that mode in one animals, the others will just zoom in for the kill! We have seen in it happen in our animal rescues where some ppl make the mistake of putting young pups with the adults in a van or compound and the poor young pups just get torn to death in the attack which probably resulted from the stressful environment.

The poor little young ones simply didn't stand a chance in the frenzy and the poor mother dog couldn't do anything in the crowd! Simply torn to bits!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:18 PM
User Account Terminated

Jeffrey Read is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Sorry to spoil the fun, guys.

Perhaps its best that Ms. Foo re-write the article properly again based on the facts of the case. If anyone were to study the reports, it can be seen that its terribly flawed from start till end.

Surely the article had ticked off many Animal Lovers and many to even jump the gun! Its best for all just to focus on the facts as it is. Nothing more nothing less.

It seemed that the report is malicious towards German Shepherd as a breed, to say the least. Everyone knows that an attack from a German Shepherd can be devastating but when its reported that there are no serious dog bites on the victim's body, that got to stand for something!

What about when the police found the injured robber sprawled on the floor alive, I am sure the bugger must have said something! He couldn't have slept all the way to the hospital in pain etc!

I strongly suggest the police re-examine the motive of this case. Nothing reported had many any sense to me at the moment.

Irregardless of what is being reported, the proper thing the guard should have done when he left the crime scene was to call the dog to his side, if there was a dog in the first place. Or whatever its called after being reported precisely from a 3-year old German Shepherd to stray or what have you!

Jeff