Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 08-28-2012, 09:55 PM
PetFinder Guru

Rayquaza17 is on a distinguished road
Default Husky owner please share your experience.

Hi,

I have just adopted a husky. I do research about them before I took her in but I am not sure. She is sometimes so carefree and she won't listen to her name at all. Before that she does listen but she doesn't seems to hear anything now. She doesn't take 'NO!" seriously, then she always take up fight.

Can husky owner please share their experience of husky with me? This is my first time with a husky
Old 03-02-2013, 01:47 PM
White Husky

awsmxia is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Husky owner please share your experience.

hi,

may i know how old is your husky when you got it?
a husky can be literary stubborn so to speak.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:41 PM
PetFinder Guru

Hi,

I got my Husky when she's a 1+. She's better now but it seems like she's very very noisy. I do know they are noisy but I didn't thought it'll be that much haha
Old 03-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Animal Lover

wongmaunchin is on a distinguished road

I presumed you don't always leash your husky out twice daily, or the least once daily. If you see husky nature, the species historically meant as sleigh transportation. So, your husky basically is accumulating negative "chi" elements right from the start it comes into your world.

If you happen to watch Cesar Millan's "Dog Whisperer" program, you will understand more. I remember Mr. CM had once mentioned that in husky nature they tend to be very active and energetic and intelligent species. But once you confined your husky at home very often, they tend to build more and more negative energy, that thus causing disobey against you. You are actually creating more and more gaps and the gaps between you and your husky are tearing wider and wider apart. At times, why some people labelling Husky are aggressive and may attack any human beings. The wrongs are from its owners, not the Husky. And obviously Husky are also have the bloodline of being a hunting dog. They are curious towards any surrounding and tend to be very protective towards their owner if their owner really shower them lots of loves and care for them. Obviously, its your negative attitude towards them.

I doubted you really conduct thorough research on husky. I am non-husky owner, but I know the basic rules that any large bone dog, giant-sized dog required lots of space, lots of running, lots of binding human relationship that would build trust in between you and your animal. I once had a very large size dog, a german boxer. And those who had constant "exercise" (i.e. leashing dogs out frequently) will tell the difference.

My last summary: IF YOU CAN'T BUILD SUCH BASIC RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR HUSKY, THEN PLEASE DON'T MOULD YOUR HUSKY AS "KILLER" MACHINE IN FUTURE. THE DANGER SIGN IS APPEARING NOW.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:43 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongmaunchin View Post
I presumed you don't always leash your husky out twice daily, or the least once daily. If you see husky nature, the species historically meant as sleigh transportation. So, your husky basically is accumulating negative "chi" elements right from the start it comes into your world.

If you happen to watch Cesar Millan's "Dog Whisperer" program, you will understand more. I remember Mr. CM had once mentioned that in husky nature they tend to be very active and energetic and intelligent species. But once you confined your husky at home very often, they tend to build more and more negative energy, that thus causing disobey against you. You are actually creating more and more gaps and the gaps between you and your husky are tearing wider and wider apart. At times, why some people labelling Husky are aggressive and may attack any human beings. The wrongs are from its owners, not the Husky. And obviously Husky are also have the bloodline of being a hunting dog. They are curious towards any surrounding and tend to be very protective towards their owner if their owner really shower them lots of loves and care for them. Obviously, its your negative attitude towards them.

I doubted you really conduct thorough research on husky. I am non-husky owner, but I know the basic rules that any large bone dog, giant-sized dog required lots of space, lots of running, lots of binding human relationship that would build trust in between you and your animal. I once had a very large size dog, a german boxer. And those who had constant "exercise" (i.e. leashing dogs out frequently) will tell the difference.

My last summary: IF YOU CAN'T BUILD SUCH BASIC RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR HUSKY, THEN PLEASE DON'T MOULD YOUR HUSKY AS "KILLER" MACHINE IN FUTURE. THE DANGER SIGN IS APPEARING NOW.
Hi Wongmaunchin,

Thanks for your advice. This was a last year post when I just got a husky since her owner is migrating to Australia. I make my decision last minute thus I wasn't quite that prepared for her. But slowly within that few days, I am getting to know her better and my sis and I do bring her out for walk, FYI.

I realized that during that time, she was just missing her owner and couldn't cope with the surroundings yet. I couldn't understand her needs but now I do since we both know each other better within this few months which is gonna turn to a year sooner or later.

I have 2 quite large size dog too. One medium large and 1 large dog. This husky makes the 3rd. FYI, my dog never bites people and they receive sufficient care plus a big garden to run about as they are an indoor outdoor dog. During evening, we let them out or bring them out for basic training.I understand if you are worried but I wouldn't and never will call or speak about my dog that they are a killer machine if you mind.

Thanks for your advice though.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Animal Lover

wongmaunchin is on a distinguished road
Default A story to share

Hey Ray,

I'm glad to hear the positive bonding relationship between you and the Husky. More often than not, many cases I've came across so far that apparently people tend to favour pedigree species than responsibility and commitment. That's the reality. And the saddest part is I don't need to mention further.

Cesar Millan quotes: "The least you can do is to walk your dog everyday for 1 hour or so".

Let me share one bitter experience with you (2 years after the departure of our German Boxer due to old-ageing). I hope you will understand why I quoted as "KILLER MACHINE", which is hard for you to swallow. MY APOLOGY.

In my teen days a relative picked up a stray puppy about 5-6 month old from a military training camp site, nearby her house. That was 25 years ago. The species was a cross-breed German Shepherd, and grown up to 3.5 feet height, large-sized, big bone dog. The doggie initially was well-behaved in my home bcoz my family members used to take him for a walk every morning (our morning routine exercise). At that time, we used to walk our dog up the hilltop (no extensive housing development), just greenery and fresh morning air. Somehow, 2-3 years later, the relative asked if we can give him that dog as guarddog bcoz there were frequent break-ins at his area. With very heavy heart, we obliged.

At one point, we visited the relative's house and found the dog was chained inside its very large metal cage 24-hour! "Nothing-better-to-do" schoolchidren and adults passers-by threw sticks, stones or whatever objects at the dog's cage causing it to bark furiously. The KILLER MACHINE was born. I don't know for how long the doggie was confined but it was in a very sorry state. The doggie was apparently let roaming free within the house compound when the owner is out. Worst, they never walk the dog. The presumption is that the house compound is large enough for the dog to roam freely!

To cut things short, the doggie eventually surrendered back to us 1.5 years later. And the trust between human and the doggie was long gone. The doggie attacked every family members of mine who come close to him except my mom who provide food. It took us very very long time to regain back the doggie's trust. My family almost intended to put it to sleep for fearing it will attack young children or old people. This was the advice from vet when we send him for medical check-up. At one point of time, when my sister was bitten, the doggie seemed regretting its action, went at one corner and sit quietly with its head tilted down with a "sorry" eyes looking back at us.

Thanks God, things turn back after months and months of rehabilitation (on my self-initiative) to go near the doggie although been bitten for several times for that uncountable attempts. Mom and I never gave up on that doggie and eventually the doggie was well-rehabilitated under our care. It survived until old-ageing with 16-year life.

Hope this is a lesson to others who read this.

WONG Maun Chin
Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 PM
PetFinder Guru

Default Re: A story to share

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongmaunchin View Post
Hey Ray,

I'm glad to hear the positive bonding relationship between you and the Husky. More often than not, many cases I've came across so far that apparently people tend to favour pedigree species than responsibility and commitment. That's the reality. And the saddest part is I don't need to mention further.

Cesar Millan quotes: "The least you can do is to walk your dog everyday for 1 hour or so".

Let me share one bitter experience with you (2 years after the departure of our German Boxer due to old-ageing). I hope you will understand why I quoted as "KILLER MACHINE", which is hard for you to swallow. MY APOLOGY.

In my teen days a relative picked up a stray puppy about 5-6 month old from a military training camp site, nearby her house. That was 25 years ago. The species was a cross-breed German Shepherd, and grown up to 3.5 feet height, large-sized, big bone dog. The doggie initially was well-behaved in my home bcoz my family members used to take him for a walk every morning (our morning routine exercise). At that time, we used to walk our dog up the hilltop (no extensive housing development), just greenery and fresh morning air. Somehow, 2-3 years later, the relative asked if we can give him that dog as guarddog bcoz there were frequent break-ins at his area. With very heavy heart, we obliged.

At one point, we visited the relative's house and found the dog was chained inside its very large metal cage 24-hour! "Nothing-better-to-do" schoolchidren and adults passers-by threw sticks, stones or whatever objects at the dog's cage causing it to bark furiously. The KILLER MACHINE was born. I don't know for how long the doggie was confined but it was in a very sorry state. The doggie was apparently let roaming free within the house compound when the owner is out. Worst, they never walk the dog. The presumption is that the house compound is large enough for the dog to roam freely!

To cut things short, the doggie eventually surrendered back to us 1.5 years later. And the trust between human and the doggie was long gone. The doggie attacked every family members of mine who come close to him except my mom who provide food. It took us very very long time to regain back the doggie's trust. My family almost intended to put it to sleep for fearing it will attack young children or old people. This was the advice from vet when we send him for medical check-up. At one point of time, when my sister was bitten, the doggie seemed regretting its action, went at one corner and sit quietly with its head tilted down with a "sorry" eyes looking back at us.

Thanks God, things turn back after months and months of rehabilitation (on my self-initiative) to go near the doggie although been bitten for several times for that uncountable attempts. Mom and I never gave up on that doggie and eventually the doggie was well-rehabilitated under our care. It survived until old-ageing with 16-year life.

Hope this is a lesson to others who read this.

WONG Maun Chin
Hi Wongmaunchin,

Sorry, I didn't knew you have to go through such terrible experience. I came across many people like that and they are very troublesome. I waited for years to get my dogs so I don't intend to give up just yet. In my family, I am the one who train all of them basic trainings.

Well, both side of us have each story so I guess is an equal 50-50. Sorry for misjudging and once again thanks.