Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:17 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs in Uninhabited Island

at the moment forum members from penang side we have Nivek, snowflake and me.
snowflake help me do delivery from Penang to KL the dog supplies.She is great!, Nivek have do for asking friend do donation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotyyne View Post
Hopefully.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Animal Lover

nicotyyne is on a distinguished road

My bf and i donated a small amount to FFF, hope can help a bit.

Btw, there's a rescue team on other forum : Pulau Ketam Dog Rescue Campaign

Anyone know any vet where they can send the rescued dogs for treament before they'll be sending to any shelter home/adopters? Any good vet with reasonable price? Thanx!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Tuesday, 12/05/09:
Updates from http://www.mycen.com.my/rescue/updates.html

Another Six (6) Makes Fourteen (14)

Three (3) rescued dog couples just checked in at the jetty. 3 males and 3 females.

They are being sent to our vets in Port Klang. Ever helpful Klang FFF volunteer Connie is at hand to receive the dogs, manage the ground transfer and vet check-in.

By TV Smith
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	connie6.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	5256  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 05-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

To all animal lovers, well-wishers, etc who follow this post closely,

Do you know that dogs and cats can feel and read our thoughts and sense our emotions?

words from the rescuers said the dogs are truly fearful of the rescuers - don't blame them for not trusting humans anymore.

but this is making it difficult to rescue the dogs as the mangrove growth really hinder any effort. (hacking down the mangrove tree to create access and clearing is not an option unfortunately).

so i have a thought and hope all of you will participate :

If all of us can channel positive thoughts and lots of love to the dogs marooned out there, i'm sure it will help them to be more receptive to the rescuers' presence.

try to visualise the dogs there happy with tails wagging when the rescuers arrive (you don't have to picture exactly who's the rescuers just imagine people arriving on sampan or kayak...), visualise the rescuers talking calmly to the dogs, giving out food and the dogs happy with tails wagging, then later congregating around the rescuers..

i really hope this works and we can all help in this method - i have read elsewhere that dogs and cats can read and sense our thoughts and emotions telephatically..

(and i have personally experienced this with my own cats).

but all of us need to calm down, to generate positive energies and vibes for the dogs.

questions and recriminations can come later ..now the dogs need us to be positive for them.

can we do it for them? it doesn't cost us a single sen.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Animal Lover

nicotyyne is on a distinguished road

Yes, Ashleywong.

I believe cats and dogs can sense which people likes them, and which people doesnt. Hope it works. Pray and thought will always be with the rescuer *hugs*
Old 05-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Animal Lover

Snowflake is on a distinguished road

DIMB, is it true SPCA Seberang Perai is also a no-kill shelter ? I went to check out their website and seems they are doing a great job there. Is SPCA Bukit Mertajam the same as well ?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Heartwarming Video of Dog's Heroic Deeds For Her Suffering Friends On The Island ...

There is a wonderful "must-view" video taken by Donald Tan, who accompanied TV Smith & Sabrina on their mission on 7 May 2009 at http://pitch.pummkin.net/

Pummkin says:

Look at the video to see how Hitam, the black dog that has been gorging himself & swimming back to the island to regurgitate the food for his fellow members (dogs, of course) to feed. He managed to entice Grace, whom Sabrina named, to the hands of the rescuers. Grace is now at Furry Friends Farm. All made possible from your donations.

From http://pitch.pummkin.net/
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 05-13-2009, 02:08 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

At penang state I knew only have 2 SPCA, one is Penang SPCA, another is Sebeang Prai SPCA. I think Bukit Mertajam is Sebeang Prai SPCA. Both don't have any relation each other.
I have meet one lady Madam Tan from Sebeang Prai SPCA, she have a great heart like Ms.Sabrina.
My First RocRicRus Foundation was donated to Sebeang Prai SPCA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
DIMB, is it true SPCA Seberang Perai is also a no-kill shelter ? I went to check out their website and seems they are doing a great job there. Is SPCA Bukit Mertajam the same as well ?

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Urgent Rescue by Pummkin & Friends

Pummkin relates the brave rescue effort put in by her and her friends (TV Smith, Sabrina, etc) at http://pitch.pummkin.net/ :

---------------------------------------
9th May
Furry Friends Are Still Alive!!!

As the boat got nearer to Selat Kering Island, dogs were heard yelping and whimpering.

Ssshh!! Listen…….we stuck our head out of the boat while the engine died. The cries got louder……barks…..yelps……whimper……then howls…

A glimpse of hope appeared before my eyes when we spotted a black dog navigating in the root system of the mangrove swamp in which they were dumped.

There was another sound, it was an animal but it sure wasn’t a dog.

Whatever it was, it was making the dogs whimper……..it’s a predator.

“Cha’at! (how I call TV Smith), we have to deploy now!!!”

He looked at me with agreement and an understanding that required no words of response.

Without wasting our time, Er-Win began to unfold the inflatable kayak and pumped it full.

He came along this rescue being a qualified lifeguard and is a pharmacist by profession.

He had dived with me on several trips and we have some kind of understanding on how to communicate in the water but for this operation, we had to rely on intuition and good common sense.

We got onto the sampan, loaded the kayak and off we went.

The sampan went in as far as it could go and Er Win continued on the kayak.

Pummkin at http://pitch.pummkin.net/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	p1020498.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	5259   Click image for larger version

Name:	p1020503.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	5260  
Old 05-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

From Pummkin at http://pitch.pummkin.net/ :

“Pam, tell me when you can’t see me!quot; he shouted.

“I can’t see you!” I replied.

“Ok! I’ll back up! I see them here!! There are about 7 or 8 but there’s more inside!!

You’re coming in!!!” he hollered.

He paddled back as fast as he could and he let me take over the kayak while he sat on the bow.

The low branches slapped our faces as we tore through the waterway but what we feared most was the poisonous mangrove snakes that may be hanging on these offshoots.

Lord, thank you for keeping Er-Win & I alive while you sent the red & black banded serpent away as it swam pass his legs….

Er-Win got into the water and walked out into the mangrove, the strong roots protruding from tree trunks into the mud restricted his otherwise agile movements.

Just as he cornered three dogs which scrambled onto a large root, one by one, they whimpered out of desperation and fear of humans before leaping into the water to escape what they perceived to be a threat.

Sorry, doggies, we were only trying to help you, not scare you to jump off…..

I followed Er-Win’s steps with the kayak, keeping an eye out for him and the hanging branches of the bakau trees that may have a slithery reptile apprehending me, all the time manouevering the kayak to not collide with the roots.

My rescue training was limited to saving humans, and I don’t know what else I can do to save fearful dogs.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	p10205061.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	5261  

Last edited by FurKids; 05-13-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

We went out to check on the floating pontoon constructed by Marjorie Gabriel of Tracks Adventure Team & Karin Lee, the District Councillor of Ulu Selangor the day before.

It was emptied of food!!! Which is good news!!! Pouring a fresh supply and refilling their bowls with fresh water, we hope that this would sustain them till we can get more qualified volunteers to get them out.

Another splash and Er Win went after the source of the sound in the roots……”Aaaarrggh!!! Biawak!!! (Monitor Lizard) I’m not going in!!!”

So perhaps this could be the type of predator going after the weak and injured dogs earlier.

I’m trying to block out the heartwrenching cries of the dogs so that I can focus on the mission.

Some quarters think that this is a publicity stunt, stating to the press that we are ‘hampering their rescue efforts and talks with the village chief.’

I would like to state that if those quarters are genuinely concerned, then please do their part in rescue and stop trying to dictate how we should ‘pool our resources together’ because we don’t want to be associated with any organisation that works to the detriment of other independent rescuers.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pontoon.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	5262  
Old 05-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

We got 8 dogs in total and we are optimistic to get some more. Chantek, our latest effort, will be onward to a much better life.

She’s been transported by Connie, who had been arranging our logistics since we started.

I wish to thank YB Edward Lee of Bukit Gasing Constituency and his team for coming along to encourage us in our mission. I believe he will do everything in his power to help us.

We are short of people, even shorter on time. If you love dogs, are a qualified lifeguard, have a Bronze Medallion, are not afraid of the sea, the sun and the prospect of encountering predators, we need you.

Please send me an email at pummkin at gmail dot com.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	p1020522.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	5263  
Old 05-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Banned

Default Re: Correction on wrong information / perception

Hi All,

i'm posting here at my friend's request. why do i post it here? i thought long and hard about this and in the end decided to do it although i may receive flak and be banned from this forum : it is about doing right, about justice and about presenting facts as facts and not presenting opinion and misinformation as facts and the most important, about doing what needs to be done. And also because i have seen with own eyes how difficult it is for FFF to continue their rescue work because people mistrust FFF due to all the bad news spread about them. so here goes.

but i will also be posting in facebook and elsewhere ..it's about correcting misperception and misinformation - nothing more and for justice..nothing more.

i've taken the liberty to delete just two words from her post i hope she'd forgive me for that editing but the rest are unedited...
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
[COLOR="Red"]Bravo SPCA, Thus, d total no
of dogs rescued by spca = 10
[/color]
[quote=melmel;43500][COLOR="Red"]After camping overnite in d
Island of Death,
today SPCA RESCUED ANOTHER 6 DOGS
TOTAL NO. OG DOG RESCUED BY spca = 8 DOGS

Bravo, SPCA
[/color][/QUOTE]

Correction. The number is 8. Two on the first day of the rescue ((6 May 2009) & 6 on the 10 May 2009. And Jorg did not stay overnight. Only Murugan did which was not even on the island but on the private fish farm. Whatever
they were doing there, no permission was sought to land on the private property, nor any respect given to the staff who headed & manned the fish farm. They came onto the fish farm, hung clothes all over the place & made themselves at home without first seeking permission or giving a courtesy call to find out who runs the place. Isn't it plain courtesy to ask if you wish to enter someone's home??? I am just wondering if all of SPCA's operations are handled in this manner.

Melmel, I'm awed by your confidence in all the write ups & declarations of SPCA, I'm just wondering how long have you been a member & how long have you volunteered your services with them to be given privileged information. When you declared that Murugan & Jorg would be spending a night on somebody's property, you are actually announcing that trespassing is okay. The owner is mighty pissed off with the uninvited stay & was crossed at us after all our work established there until we clarified the matter to state that we are in
NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH SPCA as we are on our own so please give a correct picture of the situation.

This issue has received much hype & fanfare. I'm pummkin, one of the rescuers in FFF & I'm not sure if any of you know why Sabrina left SPCA after 12 years of service. Perhaps this is a question you should direct to
SPCA because it would be so inappropriate to ask Sabrina of this.

Sabrina is out there in every rescue, she is the most hands on person I've ever known. She has no time for meetings. Less time for people who want to sabotage her work just because certain quarters feel that she is a low life incapable of anything. Those who behave in a 'mightier-than-thou' or 'richer-than-thou' attitude have always been met with her humility because she feels that they have more insecurities to look after than the dogs that she had saved. She doesn't need poison pen letters written to editors/managing directors of the press to intimidate writers not to follow up on her work on the Dr. Dog Programme or on anything associated with FFF.

I have known her since the early 90's. I have seen her doing all the work. I've seen her being bullied. If you are in your right mind, would you stand up for nonsense when you see your friend being discriminated??? I won't & I won't tolerate any nonsense now either.

I used to believe in SPCA's mission but now I don't. I used to subscribe to their beliefs but now I won't. I believe it started with great & noble intentions but as with all organisations, things change, sometimes for the
better but a lot of times, for the worst. Whatever it may be, I wish them well but whoever said this to the press (a Chinese daily that published the article) that our efforts are hampering theirs, please clarify how we manage to do so. As you have posted the articles since 21 April 2009 with quips by SPCA, which means that they knew of the incident since mid April but why was
a rescue not effected until Sabrina did & was highlighted in the news?!?

Quote:

Platforms built in the trees by Murugan, Jorg, and the awesome fish farmers helped make the rescue of these dogs a little easier as the dogs would climb up the platforms to escape the rising tide. An abandoned
house/hut was also found in the interior of the island, and guessing correctly that some dogs may be using the hut as shelter, these men set up humane dog traps to catch dogs n that location.
The platform was NOT built by Murugan nor Jorg. Please credit the right people if you choose to report matters after your visit. Marjorie Gabriel & Karin Lee of the District Council of Ulu Selangor were the people who bought the materials with their money & built the platform with their expertise without the help of Murugan or Jorg. Murugan was trying to tell a kayak & outdoor adventure specialist how to build a structure which I find very inappropriate. Ten girls were present with the group that came in to 'take a look' at the situation but I would like to ask what are your qualifications in this mission & what are you doing on a boat sponsored by the funds of the public that's meant for rescue operations??? We are dealing with public
funds here & if you do not have the necessary skills (if you can't swim or are not trained to save lives), do not go & be a risk to others who are there executing the rescue. In short, I'm asking those who are not directly
involved in the rescue to stop endangering themselves (and sometimes others) by being there. The operation cannot have people/onlookers who want a piece
of the action that needs looking after and I'm talking about liability issues here. That boat could have well been used to transport the dogs back for medical attention.

I could go on and set more things straight but I've got a rescue to mount & I hope you would report correctly lest you lead the public astray with INACCURATE INFORMATION.

Before the 10th, we have already gotten 8 dogs with 6 more today and this is not about outdoing each other but to let the public know that the trust they given us is not misplaced & hope is not futile. We don't seek glory as some of you have insinuated here about FFF because TV Smith & I are personalities in our own right. We don't need to get credit for the people whom we are supporting and the plight which has touched the
hearts of dog lovers worldwide. By the way, I've sacrificed to be in this mission & it's because I can, not because I have to.

Lynn had been a great source of encouragement to me. And to all of you who have contributed in cash or kind, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Sabrina & the team would do what we think is necessary to thwart the
poison arrows that come at us from a certain direction every time.

By the way, on the 6 May 2009, I overheard one of the volunteers of SPCA exclaiming that she had spent RM380 and only got two dogs, struggling here while somebody is in London. If you are reading this, you know who you are & I would like to ask of you to re-examine your intentions of helping out. None of us have the question of money when it comes to something that we are
passionate about.

I hope SPCA takes a picture of every dog rescued so that they can be named afterwards. We have named each & every one of them since we have taken them in.

I can understand why people here feel strongly about this issue. Look at the history. Ask the press people. They will not tell you lies. I'm an dive Instructor Trainer & also a travel journalist, covering a wide range of
events, festivals & destinations. We get a scoop on things that you don't normally see so please get your facts in order because they will stun you.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Fear .... Uncertainty .... Death ....

The hapless look on the face of this scrawny puppy was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Sabrina Yeap of Furry Friends Farm launched a rescue mission with the help of TV Smith (whom I fondly refer to as Cha’ad, short for Cacat) after being alerted by the China Press as it fell on deaf ears when the issue was highlighted about a month ago.

When the appeal was posted on the website at http://www.mycen.com.my/rescue, I immediately sent a mailer out through Facebook and the forums to reach the public as soon as possible.

The pictures shown on this site were a sorry sight, the dogs looking so pitiful and there was nowhere for the dogs to land as the water submerges half the roots, how do they even sleep???

What about the poisonous mangrove snakes???

We got down but not that dirty to rescue 3 mutts including the scrawny puppy in the picture.

There’s a lot to do and I hope you would be able to keep the contributions coming to sustain the rescue operations as the search for the marooned dogs continue……

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pitiful.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	5264  

Last edited by FurKids; 05-13-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Safe!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	p1020435.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	5265  
Old 05-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Banned

Oh yea, got something to add,

pummkin aka pamela is out there right now doing rescue work, in the bad weather. i just got a short line from her mobile.

pls add your prayers for the safety of the rescuers and the dogs marooned there.

i don't know which is worse, inclement weather like raging thunderstorm and waves at high sea or dry scorching heat..both can't be good for the dogs and their rescuers..and also not good for any poor animals that are out on the street, trying to stay alive.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Bad weather and thunderstorms with lightning strikes this afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Oh yea, got something to add, pummkin aka pamela is out there right now doing rescue work, in the bad weather. i just got a short line from her mobile.

pls add your prayers for the safety of the rescuers and the dogs marooned there.

i don't know which is worse, inclement weather like raging thunderstorm and waves at high sea or dry scorching heat..both can't be good for the dogs and their rescuers..and also not good for any poor animals that are out on the street, trying to stay alive.
Oh God! Ashley, tell them all to get out and away from the water and wet areas NOW because there is LIGHTNING (the vertical strikes are very dangerous!) and thunderstorm right this minute and afternoon!

Weather Report is:

Morning: Isolated rain over coastal areas
Afternoon: Isolated thunderstorms
Night: No rain

High tide this evening at 1959 hrs is 3.94 meters high, tomorrow is a little lower. Be careful of outgoing tide because it takes you out to sea.

Today is not a good day for rescue! Poor dogs!
Old 05-13-2009, 03:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

TODAY SPCA RESCUE TEAM INCLUDING SPCA CHAIRPERSON RESCUED ANOTHER 3 DOGS in Pulau Selat Kerling

BRAVO SPCA

The 3 dogs r very thin & clearly traumatised. They r being treated in a private vet .

SPCA RESCUE TEAM IS STILL IN PULAU SELAT KERLING NOW, TO RESCUE MORE DOGS. KEEP UP WITH d GOOD WORK, SPCA

Last edited by melmel; 05-13-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:03 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Correction on wrong information / perception

Excuse me i DID NOT say that murugan and jorg built the FLOATING PONTOON. I said they built a platform in the trees. You are mistaking a platform in a tree for the FLOATING PONTOON. Clearly these are very different things. In all the photos i took and posted in this thread i very clearly credited marjorie and karin with the building of the PONTOON/RAFT. You get YOUR facts right.

And what qualifications did we have for being there? In our group we had staff members, a vet, 3 inspectors, and other experienced independent rescuers/volunteers. you don't own the rescue effort. you should be encouraged that so many people want to help the dogs.
[QUOTE=ashleywong;43763]Hi All,

i'm posting here at my friend's request. why do i post it here? i thought long and hard about this and in the end decided to do it although i may receive flak and be banned from this forum : it is about doing right, about justice and about presenting facts as facts and not presenting opinion and misinformation as facts and the most important, about doing what needs to be done. And also because i have seen with own eyes how difficult it is for FFF to continue their rescue work because people mistrust FFF due to all the bad news spread about them. so here goes.

but i will also be posting in facebook and elsewhere ..it's about correcting misperception and misinformation - nothing more and for justice..nothing more.

i've taken the liberty to delete just two words from her post i hope she'd forgive me for that editing but the rest are unedited...

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
[COLOR="Red"]After camping overnite in d
Island of Death,
today SPCA RESCUED ANOTHER 6 DOGS
TOTAL NO. OG DOG RESCUED BY spca = 8 DOGS

Bravo, SPCA
[/color][/QUOTE]

Correction. The number is 8. Two on the first day of the rescue ((6 May 2009) & 6 on the 10 May 2009. And Jorg did not stay overnight. Only Murugan did which was not even on the island but on the private fish farm. Whatever
they were doing there, no permission was sought to land on the private property, nor any respect given to the staff who headed & manned the fish farm. They came onto the fish farm, hung clothes all over the place & made themselves at home without first seeking permission or giving a courtesy call to find out who runs the place. Isn't it plain courtesy to ask if you wish to enter someone's home??? I am just wondering if all of SPCA's operations are handled in this manner.

Melmel, I'm awed by your confidence in all the write ups & declarations of SPCA, I'm just wondering how long have you been a member & how long have you volunteered your services with them to be given privileged information. When you declared that Murugan & Jorg would be spending a night on somebody's property, you are actually announcing that trespassing is okay. The owner is mighty pissed off with the uninvited stay & was crossed at us after all our work established there until we clarified the matter to state that we are in
NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH SPCA as we are on our own so please give a correct picture of the situation.

This issue has received much hype & fanfare. I'm pummkin, one of the rescuers in FFF & I'm not sure if any of you know why Sabrina left SPCA after 12 years of service. Perhaps this is a question you should direct to
SPCA because it would be so inappropriate to ask Sabrina of this.

Sabrina is out there in every rescue, she is the most hands on person I've ever known. She has no time for meetings. Less time for people who want to sabotage her work just because certain quarters feel that she is a low life incapable of anything. Those who behave in a 'mightier-than-thou' or 'richer-than-thou' attitude have always been met with her humility because she feels that they have more insecurities to look after than the dogs that she had saved. She doesn't need poison pen letters written to editors/managing directors of the press to intimidate writers not to follow up on her work on the Dr. Dog Programme or on anything associated with FFF.

I have known her since the early 90's. I have seen her doing all the work. I've seen her being bullied. If you are in your right mind, would you stand up for nonsense when you see your friend being discriminated??? I won't & I won't tolerate any nonsense now either.

I used to believe in SPCA's mission but now I don't. I used to subscribe to their beliefs but now I won't. I believe it started with great & noble intentions but as with all organisations, things change, sometimes for the
better but a lot of times, for the worst. Whatever it may be, I wish them well but whoever said this to the press (a Chinese daily that published the article) that our efforts are hampering theirs, please clarify how we manage to do so. As you have posted the articles since 21 April 2009 with quips by SPCA, which means that they knew of the incident since mid April but why was
a rescue not effected until Sabrina did & was highlighted in the news?!?

The platform was NOT built by Murugan nor Jorg. Please credit the right people if you choose to report matters after your visit. Marjorie Gabriel & Karin Lee of the District Council of Ulu Selangor were the people who bought the materials with their money & built the platform with their expertise without the help of Murugan or Jorg. Murugan was trying to tell a kayak & outdoor adventure specialist how to build a structure which I find very inappropriate. Ten girls were present with the group that came in to 'take a look' at the situation but I would like to ask what are your qualifications in this mission & what are you doing on a boat sponsored by the funds of the public that's meant for rescue operations??? We are dealing with public
funds here & if you do not have the necessary skills (if you can't swim or are not trained to save lives), do not go & be a risk to others who are there executing the rescue. In short, I'm asking those who are not directly
involved in the rescue to stop endangering themselves (and sometimes others) by being there. The operation cannot have people/onlookers who want a piece
of the action that needs looking after and I'm talking about liability issues here. That boat could have well been used to transport the dogs back for medical attention.

I could go on and set more things straight but I've got a rescue to mount & I hope you would report correctly lest you lead the public astray with INACCURATE INFORMATION.

Before the 10th, we have already gotten 8 dogs with 6 more today and this is not about outdoing each other but to let the public know that the trust they given us is not misplaced & hope is not futile. We don't seek glory as some of you have insinuated here about FFF because TV Smith & I are personalities in our own right. We don't need to get credit for the people whom we are supporting and the plight which has touched the
hearts of dog lovers worldwide. By the way, I've sacrificed to be in this mission & it's because I can, not because I have to.

Lynn had been a great source of encouragement to me. And to all of you who have contributed in cash or kind, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Sabrina & the team would do what we think is necessary to thwart the
poison arrows that come at us from a certain direction every time.

By the way, on the 6 May 2009, I overheard one of the volunteers of SPCA exclaiming that she had spent RM380 and only got two dogs, struggling here while somebody is in London. If you are reading this, you know who you are & I would like to ask of you to re-examine your intentions of helping out. None of us have the question of money when it comes to something that we are
passionate about.

I hope SPCA takes a picture of every dog rescued so that they can be named afterwards. We have named each & every one of them since we have taken them in.

I can understand why people here feel strongly about this issue. Look at the history. Ask the press people. They will not tell you lies. I'm an dive Instructor Trainer & also a travel journalist, covering a wide range of
events, festivals & destinations. We get a scoop on things that you don't normally see so please get your facts in order because they will stun you.

Last edited by lynielime; 05-13-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:46 PM
PetFinder Buddy

baca882004 is on a distinguished road

lynielime, I think ashleywong is commenting on the post written by melmel and not you? Correct gah?

Anyways, in times of high stress, tempers will fly, wrong words will be spoken.

For what it's worth, all of you are Heroes in my eyes. I think all of your are doing GREAT, GREAT jobs.
Closed Thread