Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 02-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Animal Rescuer

t.ruth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DBKL Animal Cruelty

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
Ruth,
fully agree wi u.

went 2 DBKL dog pound last Sat, tey fenced up some kennels. Spoken 2 d top mgmt there on their general workers issue. also highlighted 2 him d supply of healthy dos 2 UPM for vet students 2 operate & udrgo all kind of cruel experiments incld cancer drug testing on d poor dogs.

hv d DBKL dogs picture tat confined in UPM 4 students 2 operate too

going 2 write in complaint officially & will open 2 public 2 read & cc 2 all media !!!
hi, if u need any help or anything, do inform us. maybe organize another protest outside upm or dbkl or maybe even spca.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:46 AM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

u hv any h/p contact ?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Animal Lover

redzjack is on a distinguished road

hi.. i am new here... i really feel helpless when see DBKL doing this... and if not mistaken... joint by SPCA...

i wonder what are they doing? are they think is the right way all this while?
Old 02-26-2009, 09:31 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

redzjack,
SPCA does NOT join DBKL in carrying out acts of animal cruelty. Thse of you who continue to accuse SPCA of cruelty need to get your facts straight. I have mentioned already in this thread that i have volunteered with SPCA for years now and know for a fact that the team is passionate, devoted, and caring. Before you make assumptions, why don't you all of you come and work with us and see for yourself. More volunteers are always welcome, at the shelter and at any events held outside the shelter.

Thanks,
Lynette

And, of course SPCA doesn't think DBKL's cruelty is the right way.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Animal Lover

lynielime,

i know SPCA doesn't aware the way DBKL did all this long but for us we know it was DBKL only... but if u look closer there was SPCA name appeared. it really a bad image exspecially on the big signboard. well all this while i always support SPCA in many way. but now i think SPCA really need to look into this matter. we cannot let it continue like that.

for me, to stop this matter in proper way we only can go thru SPCA or other legal organisation to voice out. we all stand together then more strong and power to send the message. else they will forget after few day...

sorry lynielime if any misunderstanding. no hard feeling. we all love pets! i just can;t see the way how they gone thru. really helpless....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
redzjack,
SPCA does NOT join DBKL in carrying out acts of animal cruelty. Thse of you who continue to accuse SPCA of cruelty need to get your facts straight. I have mentioned already in this thread that i have volunteered with SPCA for years now and know for a fact that the team is passionate, devoted, and caring. Before you make assumptions, why don't you all of you come and work with us and see for yourself. More volunteers are always welcome, at the shelter and at any events held outside the shelter.

Thanks,
Lynette

And, of course SPCA doesn't think DBKL's cruelty is the right way.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:56 AM
PetFinder Guru

yes i understand what you're saying and how you feel. its a horrible situation and we all feel awful about it.. unfortunately, SPCA's klinik kembiri is located within the DBKL pound's compound and yes the association is very bad now.. but please understand that they were not aware of these atrocities and don't tolerate them either. it just so happens that the spay/neuter clinic was supposed to be a partnership with the city council to encourage people to neuter their pets by giving them a lower cost option instead of private vets to do it..

sadly, the partnership does not seem to soften the hearts of those in the city council..
Old 02-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned

khengteik is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to khengteik

lynielime

I hope you are not saying me lehh

Like i said before, i just want answers... and though i am entirely satisfied by the email i received, I still respect what they have mentioned... and hope that SPCA will do its bestest to bring up awareness and also towards animal cruelty...

redzjack

if u have read thru my posts, u will notice that i'm more in to questioning the role of SPCA... and since they have already replied me... i'm just waiting to see whatever happens in the future....
Old 02-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Animal Lover

ya.. the role and the core no matter to DBKL or SPCA... i think we all should see what have they solve for this 2 week as they promises...

the clip really make me in tear and how can this happen... i think it have been long time... n only recently somebody discovered that... imaging how many pets already gone thru this...

wish them RIP...
Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 PM
User Account Terminated

Jeffrey Read is an unknown quantity at this point

Lynette,

While I do admire your passion and tenacity as you are a strong advocate of SPCA, however something seems to be amiss somewhere in between your posts. Sweetheart, you do not have to worry about me wanting to bash SPCA, as I've mentioned SPCA does not qualify to be commented by me yet.

Quote: SPCA does NOT join DBKL in carrying out acts of animal cruelty.
REPLY: All hell will break loose if SPCA did that, wouldn't they!

Quote: ... i have volunteered with SPCA for years ...
Question: Didn't you not see any form of cruelty in DBKL pound like those shown on 360 and as mentioned by all the witnessess in the 360 show, in all the years that you have volunteered at SPCA?

If you have indeed served there all these years and yet claim not to know these atrocities, then it can be implied that what is shown on 360 is not true, right? Cause there are contradicting statements made by animal protestors in 360.

Quote: .. but please understand that they were not aware of these atrocities ...
REPLY: Lets take a look at this from a legal perspective and I will be glad to give an example.

1st EXAMPLE
Remember about pirated DVD's being sold in JB shopping complexes. The ambit of the law does provide action to be taken against the landlords for letting out premises to pirates although the illegal activities were conducted by the landlord's tennant and not by the landlord.

2nd EXAMPLE
We all stay in houses or apartments or whatever and we all are subjected to quit rent and assessments. Even if we were to claim that such notices never arrived in the mail, do you think that we can get away from being penalized?

In the eyes of the law, ignorance is not admissable. So, how can SPCA claim ignorance against animal cruelty while it has SPCA signage or Klinik Kembiri or whatever operating within DBKL pound? Under the existing circumstances it would be ideal for SPCA to move out of DBKL dog pound so there is no conflict of interest!

The fact that SPCA is operating out from DBKL dog pound does raises more questions for me. ;-)

Quote: you are really pissing me off.
REPLY: I thought all of us here are on the same side, aren't we?

ALL
Oh yeah, 1 last lasting let it be known to ALL that I am not into guess work. If anyone wishes to participate in guess work, do let me know so that I can at least refrain from replying to that person in particular. Or perhaps I should bar myself from here. ;-)

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-26-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:34 PM
PetFinder Guru

amendments?
oh lord what now? wait let me guess, more spca bashing..
Old 02-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

This isn't getting us anywhere. Instead of bashing up SPCA or those who defend it, DO something if you feel so strongly about it. Don't NATO (No Action Talk Only)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Read View Post
Lynette,

While I do admire your passion and tenacity as you are a strong advocate of SPCA, however something seems to be amiss somewhere in between your posts.

Quote: SPCA does NOT join DBKL in carrying out acts of animal cruelty.
REPLY: All hell will break loose if SPCA did, now wouldn't they.

Wait amendments coming .... ;-)
Old 02-26-2009, 05:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

jeffrey read,
you are really pissing me off.

how dare you suggest that those of us who work with spca tolerate and participate in animal cruelty.

and no, i have not seen cruelty in dbkl pound. how nice of you to suggest that i would be a part of such atrocities. clearly you know nothing about spca, not even the location of their animal shelter which is located in AMPANG JAYA. the animal shelter is NOT at the pound. the pound is NOT SPCA.

Klinik kembiri is a spay and neuter clinic within the dbkl setapak dog pound compound. SPCA's shelter is nowhere near this location.

like i said, you people don't even help us but you have so much to say. i've noticed that our biggest critics are the ones that do the least.. no action talk only.. if you care so much, come help.

thanks for your input. perhaps we can expect a visit from you at the shelter in AMPANG one day.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Animal Rescuer

t.ruth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
yes i understand what you're saying and how you feel. its a horrible situation and we all feel awful about it.. unfortunately, SPCA's klinik kembiri is located within the DBKL pound's compound and yes the association is very bad now.. but please understand that they were not aware of these atrocities and don't tolerate them either. it just so happens that the spay/neuter clinic was supposed to be a partnership with the city council to encourage people to neuter their pets by giving them a lower cost option instead of private vets to do it..

sadly, the partnership does not seem to soften the hearts of those in the city council..
Hi lynielime,

i'm not here to argue for or against spca but i don't agree with what you said (my highlighted text). it came from mr krishnan's (klinik kembiri manager) mouth to me that day-after-day, he sees and knows how the stray dogs were manhandled but he can't do anything. i've spoken abt this with him. i've even cursed those guys to him but he defended them. he blamed their officers. (refer to my previous posts).

quote from another post by lynielime
SPCA does NOT join DBKL in carrying out acts of animal cruelty. Thse of you who continue to accuse SPCA of cruelty need to get your facts straight

of course, if spca were to join dbkl in carrying out acts of animal cruelty, don't u think that they are asking for their own extermination. i don't think anyone has accused spca directly of cruelty so far.

the point in question is for what purpose does spca exist. many of my customers complained abt spca, esp. if they call up to report on abuse cases or stray animals. their general opinion is spca is only interested to get the $ msg across. in some cases, they even tell the callers that they can't do anything. so, as a volunteer, may i just ask how much time do u spend there? long enough for true colours to be seen. honestly, i don't blame people for not bothering to make any more complaints or not bothering, given the phone reception that they get.

my own point abt spca is why the need to euthanize so many animals - of course, i know that spca keeps the pedigrees and the nice-looking ones, that is natural, but the not nice-looking ugly healthy mutts also deserve to live, don't they? the answer i always get is space constraints, which brings me to the next question. why don't they get to the root problem - the cause of strays (the owners, breeders, etc.) why can't they be more aggressive in their handling of complaints instead of brushing people off? someone mentioned that the only time when we hear of spca is fund-raising, jumble sale, calendars, etc. which is true, isn't it? with so much money in the coffers, i'm sure much more can be done for the animals. nicer cages, pens, etc. for the animals.

i'm not attacking u or spca committee personally. after all, they are there in their honorary capacity, but i do feel strongly that if anyone can't do an effective job or is not committed to their cause or have their own agenda, then they should do some self-examining or step down.

But, i have to be fair to a staff in spca whom i got to know when i liaise with her on a case. she is the animal inspector (i won't mention her name to protect her identity). she is truly a dedicated and wonderful person. i won't mention what she had done in case the person she brought to book access this forum, but i salute her. she is indeed an 'action' person, not 'talk only'.

lynielime, plse don't get upset with what i've said. i don't mean to offend u because u have my respect too and u must be a great and wonderful person, otherwise how else can you do volunteer work for animals. this thing abt spca has been gnawing at me for a long, long time and i'm glad that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel, esp. for the stray animals, after all this while.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:53 PM
PetFinder Guru

spca volunteers do not volunteer at the DBKL Setapak Pound. we volunteer at the animal shelter which is located in Ampang Jaya..

Clearly, Setapak and Ampang are not the same area. So, no i have not volunteered at the pound. i don't even think the pound accepts volunteers.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:00 PM
PetFinder Guru

this debate has been interesting but pointless and i have to go now. i happen to be fostering 2 puppies and 6 kittens from SPCA, so maybe not all of us are murderers and sadists. as much as i would LOVEEEEE to go on about this with you jeffrey read, i have litter boxes to clean and foster animals to feed.

i suggest you take this up with spca's public relations department. in fact i'll have them contact you directly. do provide your email address. i've got to go do my part now. why dont you do yours instead of talking and talking and talking.. bye bye for now!!
Old 02-26-2009, 06:32 PM
User Account Terminated

Lynette,
Well, I really do not know what to say from here but you're dead spot on to say POINTLESS from your perspective. Also thank you for the answers as it does clear up a lot of misunderstandings I have based on the 360 alone. What I see is the vigour of youth. ;-)

t.ruth
Well said and thank for clearing the air. Nothing like a woman's scorn.

That is why I am reluctant to volunteer as you have correctly mentioned. When I volunteer I do not wish to be paid nor have any titles bestowed not even a word "thank you" is expected. For I know that no matter how good my intentions are, there will be all kind of claims against me as I have experienced it before even in a place of worship! Of all places!

What I look for before I attempt to volunteer, is that there must be an answer to the problem in question. Otherwise there is no rationale to even bother in the first place.

You've amazed me. How did you manage to type down everything so fast in your last post while I have not even completed mine! Is there some kind of voice recognition cum typing technology which you could be using? ;-)

By the way, have you any news of what happened on the 21 February 09?
The follow-up on the case from the animal protests on 7 February 09. Did nothing happened?
Nothing was reported the southern region newspapers either in STAR or the New Straits Times!

off-topic
What surprises me is many like to use the term "NATO", when many have failed to comprehend what was written in the first place! How can there be action, when most people do not even understand what is being talked about! Didn't this just happen moments ago!

Talk about jumping the gun! I remember how obtuse most were in reproving, Dr. Mahathir's call not to buy American products. I can only wonder how many did actually thought they were brighter than Dr. Mahathir himself at that time!

I like to share something from an economic view point and that statement has very deep profound meaning in every sense and it is applicable in every way even in terms of volunteering.

"Did you know that Malaysia consumes more economic resources to produce a single item when compared to Singapore even after discounting the exchange rate!"

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-26-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default DBKL Animal Cruelty

I have enough of this. We;ve been posting back and forth argued this and that but come up with nothing.

Jeff, I think u should channel your energy on saving animals right infront of your eyes rather than bashing who and who. I'm a pet rescuer and I have gone through a lot to rehome the cats/kitten. I don't have anybody to fund me,I use my own hard earning money to neuter,deworm,vaccination etc.So, unless you have done something for the animal,you can save your opinon for yourself, ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
This isn't getting us anywhere. Instead of bashing up SPCA or those who defend it, DO something if you feel so strongly about it. Don't NATO (No Action Talk Only)!!!

Last edited by June; 02-26-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:29 AM
User Account Terminated

About June recent post, I think its wise for me to ignore than to reply cause June had missed the entire boat!

blackie007
On the contrary, I strongly believe this thread had made substantial progress forward provided IF ONLY people wanted to learn & understand things in the first place. Otherwise, this thread will be NO different from the rest in this forum.

Without a doubt with FurKids bringing up about TNR & the substantial role local councils played for its success was indeed a major improvement. Your DO something from this point onwards is the extremely hardest if not the most delicate part as the success of this hinges very much on politics & politicians.

IF I was the PM with the executive powers available; than changes will be extremely easy as the TNR concept is acceptable to me. But I know that being a non-Malay, means there is no way either myself nor any other non-Malay can ever be a PM, irregardless of what had the PM said about the possibility of non-Malay being in Premiership or what is in the Constituition.

For those with exceptionally limited comprehension, what I am trying to say is until we seriously get politicians supporting our cause [about the alleged animal cruelty in DBKL or anywhere else in this country] everything else will be in vain, agree?

Although I do not fully understand the ENTIRE TNR operating mechanism unlike FurKids, but my suspicions is that it can be fine tuned accordingly to suite this country. This is probably the only mechanism that will end the alleged animal cruelty as it is based on pure economics.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think there is any other mechanism out there that is available to my knowledge nor if it is even feasible. If you or anyone else know any existing mechanism, please raise it up for I would like to understand more about it.

off-topic
Not too long ago, a MB mentioned about a RM40 million project for a Go-Kart facility that is 1.4km long.
And recently, the Works Minister said that a RM70 million project to restore the existing slopes in Ampang.
Eitherway the price tags seems rather fishy to me as something is bound to give way.

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-27-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default DBKL Animal Cruelty

I'm not missing anything here.I understand u perfectly. But I don't I wish I'm the PM and what not.I'll do my part rather than talking and bashing other people. If you expect the politician or the power that be will listen to you then you are living in the fantasy world. So pls, wake up and be pro active.Everybody has to to play their part first. It is not easy task but if we united with the issue,I'm sure the politician will take notice.You get that??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Read View Post
About June recent post, I think its wise for me to ignore than to reply cause June had missed the entire boat!

blackie007
On the contrary, I strongly believe this thread had made substantial progress forward provided IF ONLY people wanted to learn & understand things in the first place. Otherwise, this thread will be NO different from the rest in this forum.

Without a doubt with FurKids bringing up about TNR & the substantial role local councils played for its success was indeed a major improvement. Your DO something from this point onwards is the extremely hardest if not the most delicate part as the success of this hinges very much on politics.

IF I was the PM with the executive powers available; than changes will be extremely easy as the TNR concept is acceptable to me. But I know that being a non-Malay, means there is no way either myself nor any other non-Malay can be a PM ever, irregardless of what had the PM said about the possibility of non-Malay being in Premiership or what is in the Constituition.

For those with limited comprehension, what I am trying to say is until we seriously get politicians supporting our cause [about the alleged animal cruelty in DBKL or anywhere else in this country] everything else will be in vain, agree?

Although I do not fully understand the ENTIRE TNR operating mechanism unlike FurKids, but my suspicions is that it can be fine tuned accordingly to suite this country. This is probably the only mechanism that will end the alleged animal cruelty as it is based on pure economics.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:29 AM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

Hello Ruth, u hv not answer my Q , anyway 2 contact U?

in d midst of acting sth very important, he he

or pls drop me an email dogrehome@yahoo.com.my

Tx

Rgds,
melmel=meow meow