Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 12-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Animal Lover

one1002 is on a distinguished road
Default Found a kitten, was 2 weeks old. Now he's 1 and a half month old. Need help

anyway, i found this kitten 3 weeks ago..it was barely 2 weeks of age..perhaps 2 weeks..been taking care of it till now..took it to the vet, and the vet told me to come back once he is 1 month and a half.

at first, i gave him milk which i bought from a petstore..it's called Bengy..having hard time to get him to drink it from the bottle. He kept refusing it, pushing and screaming.. I had to use the syringe and force feed him (in a gentle way of course)..The way i feed him was i lift him up and feed him using the syringe..of course not vertically and not like human baby. I cant get him on the belly to feed like a normal kitten would do. i managed to give 2-3ml per feeding for 5 feedings. still, he's one lil hard headed kitten. Luckily he still survive until today.

After that, i tried feeding him whiskas junior (wet food, tuna flavored)..i put it in a bottle lid (the big one, like the F&N syrup lid lol)..luckily he eats it. But somehow, it's rather suckling than eating. Is this normal? As long as it consumes the food, i think it's fine, right?

Just now, I bought a milkodog, and tried using the bottle. Good news and bad news. First, he sucks on it. Then, he pushed it away. I tried to put the milk on the lid, but it seems that he still doesn't know how to lap from the lid. He kept pushing his head into the milk, and then cough/sneeze.. I had to resort to the old way of feeding him, which is by using the syringe.

But now, I decrease the milk volume to 2ml per feeding + whiskas.

I'm still trying to wean that lil guy. Any pointers? thx!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Animal Lover

izzati marno is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Found a kitten, was 2 weeks old. Now he's 1 and a half month old. Need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1002 View Post
anyway, i found this kitten 3 weeks ago..it was barely 2 weeks of age..perhaps 2 weeks..been taking care of it till now..took it to the vet, and the vet told me to come back once he is 1 month and a half.

at first, i gave him milk which i bought from a petstore..it's called Bengy..having hard time to get him to drink it from the bottle. He kept refusing it, pushing and screaming.. I had to use the syringe and force feed him (in a gentle way of course)..The way i feed him was i lift him up and feed him using the syringe..of course not vertically and not like human baby. I cant get him on the belly to feed like a normal kitten would do. i managed to give 2-3ml per feeding for 5 feedings. still, he's one lil hard headed kitten. Luckily he still survive until today.

After that, i tried feeding him whiskas junior (wet food, tuna flavored)..i put it in a bottle lid (the big one, like the F&N syrup lid lol)..luckily he eats it. But somehow, it's rather suckling than eating. Is this normal? As long as it consumes the food, i think it's fine, right?

Just now, I bought a milkodog, and tried using the bottle. Good news and bad news. First, he sucks on it. Then, he pushed it away. I tried to put the milk on the lid, but it seems that he still doesn't know how to lap from the lid. He kept pushing his head into the milk, and then cough/sneeze.. I had to resort to the old way of feeding him, which is by using the syringe.

But now, I decrease the milk volume to 2ml per feeding + whiskas.

I'm still trying to wean that lil guy. Any pointers? thx!
Don't worry. I have the same experince as you are. I worry to much then. As time flies without I notice, they learn to eat and use litter sand without need to be teach. The kitten is totally normal. They will learns to suck the food first. Once he get use to it (about 2 weeks), and have grown all the teeth, he'll learn to lick the water and eat solid food itself.
You also can try give him boiled chicken, cut them in small portion. This will helps the kitten to learn to chew, not sucking. But make sure them already have their teeth first okay.. Hope this will helps u!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Animal Lover

fabianedg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Found a kitten, was 2 weeks old. Now he's 1 and a half month old. Need help

Hi there,

Since now has been a month since your cat with you can give him Everderm. Its mild and soft cat food in tin. Any cat will love to eat that, expecially when they are sick. My cat was half death after two weeks of not eating at all. i forced her and fed everderm mixed with milk. Amazingly she became better. you should feed her from the side of the mouth. dont force and open their mouth to feed , he mite vomit. you can even feed half a cup of milk at anyday.Dont just give them one brand of biscuits or wet food. Have 2 or 3 types. they will get fed up fast.
Give him milk at every nite. Re-heat milk every few hours. its spoils fast. On day time Give him Glucose. Glucose is good for cats to be active.
Its not necessary to give cats expensive food. Infact i used to spend hundreds every month. now just 1 hundred something is spent monthly and my cats are all healthy and active. God bless.

I give them, Kucinta biscuit, Fussie cat in tin, Dedicate and even sometimes Dog food in tins (chicken flavored). More filling. try.