Home   Find A Pet    Forum   WAGazine   Medical   Classifieds   Store
|           

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Vets & Docs Reviews

Vets & Docs Reviews Discuss, recommend, and review the people providing health care for your pets, ie, the animal docs.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Animal Lover

lablover is on a distinguished road
Default Irresponsible/Negligent vet @ Taman Megah

My 5-yr old golden retriever left me today and I'm still shocked at how things happened. Last Sunday my dog wandered out when the auto gate opened (he does that occasionally) and came back after 30 mins or so. Later that night he threw up his food, went to check on him and didn't think much of it as dogs do vomit sometimes.

On Monday he definitely seemed to be more serious, he couldn't eat as he puked again and couldn't stand up. I suspect that he ate something bad during his venture out on Sunday. So I brought him to YEOH VETERINARY in Taman Megah early Tuesday, the doctor said to leave him overnight. I did express my opinion that I think he might have ingested poison because his symptoms matches what I've read up online. They did a blood test that day and kept him overnight at the clinic.

Come Wednesday my poor baby is looking worst, he couldn't even stand up anymore when he saw me and could only drink some water. Then the doctor in charge says they will do an X-ray later that day because Wed was holiday and they were supposed to be very 'busy'.
Anyways the X-ray came back negative and they wanted to do another type of contrast X-ray to get better view of his stomach but I still keep reminding the doctor that I think he ingested poison but he just brushed it off. This morning when I went to the vet early morning the nurse had the guts to told me "your dog is doing fine!!" But when I went to the back of the clinic to check on my dog, all I found was his STIFF and LIFELESS body, facing the inside of the cage.

In all 3 days I've never even meet this Dr. Yeoh at all, since he's supposed to be very experienced. I've only dealt with a young doctor whom seems to be pretty clueless. He keeps thinking my dog had foreign body obstruction from swallowing large objects and when he saw my dead dog's body only he said, "I guess he died from poisoning" WTF I don't need him to tell me that, esp after my dog has left me.

Last but not least the clinic charges OUTRAGEOUS price, the overnight of my dog at their place was like Rm 700 2 nights and this morning only they nurse say they don't even have anybody there during night. Sorry to offend anybody here with my rant but I'm just completely devastated. I've lost my buddy for 5 years too abruptly, compounded with the very unprofessional staff at this clinic just makes my pain more unbearable. If this clinic thinks they can charge outrageous price while staying negligient on our beloved pets then owners here should take note!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:13 PM
PetFinder Buddy

irenelance is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Irresponsible/Negligent vet @ Taman Megah

i am so sorry for your loss i know how it felt to lose a pet thats near n dear to ur heart..

i was shocked when i saw the vet's name..i thot this vet has quite a good reputation (at least thats what i've heard from other forumers) it just shows u'll never know this vet might be good to others but not to us..

lets pray ur beloved is now happy in heaven..please accept my most sincere condolences
Old 08-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Animal Lover

lablover is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply, this Dr. Yeoh is supposed to be very experienced but I've never seen him over 3 days and only a young doctor was in liaise with me.

Until now I still don't know exactly what was the cause of death of my buddy. Mind you he has been healthy throughout 5 years' time and never had any sickness. Send him in for 3 days and all I get is the cold, lifeless body.

They do all these tests and charge hundreds of ringgit and eventually I was the one that found out my buddy died, pretty ironic huh?
Old 08-18-2011, 04:47 PM
PetFinder Buddy

irenelance is on a distinguished road

yeah..its no joke finding good vets these days..those who really love our pets n treat them well and not our wallets!

i did experience the same thing too..got huge bills and my baby is dead in the end..but just be glad our babies are happy now in heaven
Old 09-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Animal Lover

Sharon The Paw is on a distinguished road

I'm surprised. Yeoh is my cat's vet for 4 years and I have no problem with them. I've only seen Dr.Yeoh once,it was years ago.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Animal Lover

tg77 is on a distinguished road

so sad, sungguh tidak bertanggungjawap mereka yg telah di amanahkan itu, harap jgn berdiam diri, sila buat laporan polis dan urge them for explaination
Old 10-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Animal Lover

supermutts is on a distinguished road

sorry to hear your loss.
is yeoh vet ur regular vet for 5 years?

first thing to pet owners, if ur pet is in a case of emergency, and you think the vet is not doing all he can, you should immediately seek 2nd opinion, or take ur pet to another clinic, don't wait.

it is sad but true, old and reputable vets have been working for too long, and some have bad health themselves, and some wants to take a break, so it is left to the young and inexperience vets to take over the reputable clinic.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:44 PM
PetFinder Buddy

graceccy87 is on a distinguished road

is the clinic still there? last i check there no more wo~
Old 06-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Animal Lover

rexeren is on a distinguished road

1) I too brought my lab retriever to this Yeoh clinic many years ago. My lab had maggots infection and the 'young' doctor there said that they'll need to have an operation on him and he has to be left there for 3 days. After that 3 days my lab definitely looked weaker and he isn't cured at all. The maggots were still there and their charges were expensive. They didn't mention anything about cure etc. My lab died in few weeks after that.

2) Annual boosters by this vet are 3-4 times more expensive than other vets. I have never seen Dr Yeoh myself even though i visited for more than 7 years. Each time I visit them it's always a different junior doctor, and when they see my fierce looking dogs, they do not want to carry them up to the table and thus do the boosters on the floor.
Very unprofessional.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:25 AM
Animal Lover

PrincessHo is on a distinguished road

I just read your post and sadly I had a bad experience with this same clinic too, so I am sorry as I can understand what you went thru....
Old 12-14-2014, 11:50 PM
Animal Lover

PrincessHo is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for taking a moment to write to me and your kind words <3 it means a lot. 4 months have passed and my heart still aches.... :'(