Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Vets & Docs Reviews

Vets & Docs Reviews Discuss, recommend, and review the people providing health care for your pets, ie, the animal docs.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Animal Lover

lyndiane is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Government Vet Clinics

Hi Maneki,

I will be bringing a Golden Retriever puppy back, which I think is not in the restricted breed list (so I foresee no problem in that dept).

I just applied my live animal import permit yesterday (via online) so it should hopefully be ready for collection on Mon/Tue next week. As I dont really know anyone in KL, that's why I need to travel to KL to bring the puppy back (thinking of hiring a runner to apply the export permit for me). Once I have the import/export permit in hand, I will only need to get a health certificate from a vet for flight clearance. This is the reason I'm looking for a vet. Since I am not familiar with Shah Alam/Subang area, it would be helpful to get this info before I actually travel there to cut down on time. I think it should be a pretty straightforward process, however having knowing no one in KL is proving more challenging than I thought it would be.

Will update once I successfully transport the puppy here :)
Old 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndiane View Post
Hi Maneki,

I will be bringing a Golden Retriever puppy back, which I think is not in the restricted breed list (so I foresee no problem in that dept).

I just applied my live animal import permit yesterday (via online) so it should hopefully be ready for collection on Mon/Tue next week. As I dont really know anyone in KL, that's why I need to travel to KL to bring the puppy back (thinking of hiring a runner to apply the export permit for me). Once I have the import/export permit in hand, I will only need to get a health certificate from a vet for flight clearance. This is the reason I'm looking for a vet. Since I am not familiar with Shah Alam/Subang area, it would be helpful to get this info before I actually travel there to cut down on time. I think it should be a pretty straightforward process, however having knowing no one in KL is proving more challenging than I thought it would be.

Will update once I successfully transport the puppy here :)
Great, it sounds like you've already done a lot of homework.

Unfortunately, I don't drive so can't act as your "runner" to DVS for the export certificate.

The Petfinder list of vet clinics includes several in Subang and Shah Alam:

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=5973

Good luck!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:33 AM
PetFinder Buddy

neems is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to neems

Hi guys...I'll need to get health certificates and permits for my cats..I was wondering if anyone knows the way to the Cheras clinic? I have no idea how to get there..

I'd rather be hated for who I am,
than loved for who I am not.

FACEBOOK | MYSPACE
Old 07-09-2014, 03:47 AM
Animal Lover

shaiful is on a distinguished road

Just a little update and review of the selangor gov vet clinic at section 15. I went there to vax my 2 kittens and an adult cat last 2 weeks. Still operational although the place kinda look a little abandoned. The clinic opens on Saturday and Sunday at 10am-5pm.

Like I said, the place and facilities look a bit abandoned (the most I remembered was the noisy aircond that made my cats panic ). Also the staff may not be as "pro-looking" or "pandai amik hati kucing" as your favorite private vet, no offense here. It is understandable that private vets must "pandai amik hati" the pets and the owner for the cost we are paying. So depending on your pet nervousness, it might take longer for the pet to settle down than when it's at your usual private vet. So you need to take charge here to calm your pet down. But other than that, their service is acceptable and it gets the job done. I'm satisfied.

For vax,
- You can just walk-in. If you have the pet medical card from previous vet need to bring that too.
- Vax cost I believe is 30 per shot. And the deworm meds probably just a couple of ringgit.

For neuter/spaying:
- Need to make appointments. The waiting list seems long probably a 3 weeks wait at least.
- Not certain about cost but I think starts from 100.

Clinic contact 013-3297119

Thank you and selamat berpuasa.

Last edited by shaiful; 07-09-2014 at 03:56 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Animal Lover

mann chaii is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Government Vet Clinics

salam..

nak tanya kengkawan..
kucing saya lola ada kurap di telinga & badan.. dah bg mandi sama gak.. asyik mengaru je.. mcm mana nak buat..

kalau bawa klinik veterinar kerajaan mana tempat lg elok.. saya dok area bandar tun razak & agakČ KOS dia berapa selalu..
Old 07-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Animal Lover

shaiful is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mann chaii View Post
salam..

nak tanya kengkawan..
kucing saya lola ada kurap di telinga & badan.. dah bg mandi sama gak.. asyik mengaru je.. mcm mana nak buat..

kalau bawa klinik veterinar kerajaan mana tempat lg elok.. saya dok area bandar tun razak & agakČ KOS dia berapa selalu..
Wassalam, sama nama kucing
Old 06-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Animal Lover

kemoning is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Government Vet Clinics

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaiful View Post
Just a little update and review of the selangor gov vet clinic at section 15. I went there to vax my 2 kittens and an adult cat last 2 weeks. Still operational although the place kinda look a little abandoned. The clinic opens on Saturday and Sunday at 10am-5pm.

Like I said, the place and facilities look a bit abandoned (the most I remembered was the noisy aircond that made my cats panic ). Also the staff may not be as "pro-looking" or "pandai amik hati kucing" as your favorite private vet, no offense here. It is understandable that private vets must "pandai amik hati" the pets and the owner for the cost we are paying. So depending on your pet nervousness, it might take longer for the pet to settle down than when it's at your usual private vet. So you need to take charge here to calm your pet down. But other than that, their service is acceptable and it gets the job done. I'm satisfied.

For vax,
- You can just walk-in. If you have the pet medical card from previous vet need to bring that too.
- Vax cost I believe is 30 per shot. And the deworm meds probably just a couple of ringgit.

For neuter/spaying:
- Need to make appointments. The waiting list seems long probably a 3 weeks wait at least.
- Not certain about cost but I think starts from 100.

Clinic contact 013-3297119

Thank you and selamat berpuasa.
Hi, i called Shah Alam's Government Vet Clinic this afternoon.
The operator said that, Shah Alam only for office, no clinic.
Clinic services available at Damansara and Klang branch only.

Tried to call that number (013-3297119) too, but seems unavailable.

Anybody went to Shah Alam branch lately?
I need to confirm 1st before send my kittens for vaccination next week.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:14 AM
Animal Lover

aimanadrah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanna View Post
fanna selalu pergi yang ni.

Hospital Veterinar
Wilayah Persekutuan
Km. 4, Jalan Selar 4 off Jalan Cheras,
56100 Cheras,
Kuala Lumpur.
Tel:03-92849716
03-92849718

neuter/spay
harga untuk male = rm40/rm50 (lupe sudah)
harga untuk female = rm 60

so far ok la neuter / spay kat sini. dah spay 8 ekor and neuter 2 ekor.tak pernah lagi ade masalah.selalunye die akan sekali dengan pakej,cth spay + wet food + collar jadi seratus lebih la.tapi kalau dah selalu spay/neuter tak payah la amik yang collar tu kan hehe.wetfood pun boleh amik sekali dengan pakej ataupun kite beli sendiri kat luar.selalu nya fanna and sis bayar cost untuk spay/neuter sahaja.

rawatan yang fanna/aishah pernah try kat sini,

patah kaki
potong kaki
hernia
spay
neuter
food poisoning
demam panas
selsema
kurap
scan baby dalam perut mummy
yearly vaccination
sakit mata
karang gigi

ade lagi kot..buat mase ni, ini je yang ingat..bagi fanna and siblings, service kat sini memang tip top and doktor2 die friendly belaka
bole tnye tak bpe harga utk amputation..since ckp pnh buat