Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 01-16-2012, 07:54 PM
PetFinder Guru

Rayquaza17 is on a distinguished road
Default Did any of your dog bite this way?

Okay, so apparently my female mixed breed has reached 7 mths and still, she haven't stop this dangerous action yet. She is sometimes easy to handle and sometimes hard to handle. Her problem is that when she run, and saw you, she got really work up and will run towards me with a sound like she wants to bite me off. She will jump and open her fangs and bit me real hard. Not once but then she will U-turn and attack me again. ( Like those police dogs..how they attack)

any of you have this problem? If you do, please do tell me what to do..
Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Animal Lover

siewcheng is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Did any of your dog bite this way?

Hey,i think your dog is having dominant agression in her.
My dog too had this prob but he only u turn n bit me never run towards me and open his fang like yours.

Its better you assign her to some trainning classes with a pro trainer. Im trying my best to overcome my dog in this situation too. :)
Old 01-29-2012, 12:55 AM
PetFinder Guru

Whoah.. Really? I noticed that she only did that whenever she is overly excited or is annoyed at something.. I wonder will it help in the future? You know. biting the thieves?
Old 01-29-2012, 02:24 AM
Animal Lover

cerz is on a distinguished road

Her biting will not mean she will attack thieves (Unless she is professionally trained as a guard dog) By allowing her habit to continue, you will be risking danger to yourself, your family and visitors that she will develop further increase in aggressiveness.

A dominant issue and the lack of proper training, & exercise to release her built up excessive energy which will in turn lead to increase in aggressive behaviour if not corrected asap.

You may want to exercise her daily to burn out the excessive energy, and consult a professional trainer who can help you. Act now before it is too late.

while she is still young, its not that difficult to correct her behaviour. If you need more advice, you may contact/sms me and i can try to assess her behaviour and help you out.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:41 PM
PetFinder Guru

I see I didn't know that hehe Thanks! I did let her run around at the garden till she is very very tired. But, she have 2 personality, around people she will be really sweet and all. But then, I m trying whenever she did that, I will push down her tongue or either ignore her, whip her with cane or newspaper. It will work temporary. It doesn't always happen but then just asking advices around here :)
Old 01-30-2012, 08:43 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Rayquaza17;99373whenever she did that, I will push down her tongue or either ignore her, whip her with cane or newspaper. It will work temporary.[/QUOTE]

Whipping or caning a dog who bites is not a good solution! It will either increase the dog's aggression or turn the dog into a fear-biter. I agree strongly with Cerz -- if at all possible, consult with a reputable professional dog trainer who can gain some insight into why your dog is behaving this way and give you effective ways to change the behaviours. You may be surprised -- very often we humans unknowingly encourage dogs' bad behaviour. Good dog trainers train people as much as, or may be more than, dogs.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:36 PM
PetFinder Guru

Hmm.. Bt the problem is, if anyone comes over to the house, she won't really show all the biting aggression. She also have recently stop doing it. Maybe because her teeth is itching ( I didn't get her hides or anything -.-) ...Is it teething? She's still 7 mths..
Old 01-31-2012, 11:17 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Give a dog toy to her! I was wrote on my blog about dog toy" Many behaviorists and veterinarians (I’m Planet Dog Toy Fan and Seller) recommend that you have a variety of toys for your dog so you can “rotate” them. It’s easy. When your dog gets “bored” with one toy, hide it and replace it with another toy that he has not seen for a while. Let your dog play with the “new” toy like crazy, then when he gets bored with that toy, hide it and reintroduce another one. Rotating toys helps to keep things fresh and fun for your dog.The most important thing is that you choose safe toys with no “parts” that your dog can ingest. If your dog is a top-of-the-line destructive chewer, there is probably no truly SAFE toy. For these dogs, it is even more important for the owner to monitor their play. But for most dogs, good quality durable toys do the trick."

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:36 AM
PetFinder Guru

Thank you for the information! :D I am doing that now and I am monitoring how it goes. Thanks a lot!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Animal Lover

Corryn is on a distinguished road

Yess...I have this problem with my little dog too. While he's actually 8 years old but still aggressive. I had been bitten by him many times but I am told by everyone including my family members that I spoiled him rottenly. Can't help coz he's too adorable.

What I do is when he bites me or shows all his teeth to me, I just turn on my sternest voice and he will walk away. However, that does not stop him from biting me again when he is in a bad mood and I tried to 'sayang' him.

Guess I just put up with his dominant behaviour coz I love him too much.

By the way, the little rascal is in my avatar pic.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:57 PM
PetFinder Guru

Hi! Yes, now my dog didn't bite that much but is still biting. He never jump up and bite anymore. I will say NO sternly or push her tongue down which she absoultely hate