Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 09-23-2008, 05:28 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Heartless and Ignorant Pet-Owner

hmmm.. ok we didn't install magnetic insect screens.. i can't pay for that hahahahah plus my house is rented. we bought really thick ugly plastic netting and also some metal netting thing.. can't explain must show photo i think.. its not netting like mosquito netting.. its like the plastic one but made of metal wire. and to attach this onto the grilles we used zip ties and more metal wire. its like a fortress. they can only get out if they have pliers or wire cutter and opposable thumbs. hahahhahhahahhhhahaahaaha.. the downside is its REALLY REALLY UGLY.. and when we move out in the future it will take FOREVER to remove our handiwork.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
the downside is its REALLY REALLY UGLY.. and when we move out in the future it will take FOREVER to remove our handiwork.

dont' worry i believe in function over form but my sis has other ideas. metal netting with plastic covering? hmm, perhaps i should have bought that instead. plastic is flexible and pliable, too pliable in this case. she has learned to beat the "plastic" we have to watch her every move now
Old 09-23-2008, 06:57 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

i made a steel netting in my room so that they dont escape when i go to work..maybe i'll snap some pics n show u... me n my bf made it neatly so as not to let them escape easily... we used cable tie to secure the net so they cant chew it to pieces or juz push the net. initially emot did hang onto the net n it flop downwards..but luckily i was there so i immediately rectify it... ehehe... now no more chance of escape..

all of them love to lepak at the window sill as they get fresh air, see people walking about see other cats and etc.. eheheh...
Old 09-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Hi Ashley,

So sorry to hear about your Anna. Hope she gets better soon.

You know, your story of your neighbour accusing your cat of defecating in front of her home is the same experience I had recently.

A neighbour on the same floor approached my mum the other morning while she was babysitting Blackie at the corridor....we let him out twice a day, but would keep him company and never leave him alone even for one minute.

She pointed at Blackie, and asked my mum "is this your cat". My mum said yes, and she immediately said our cat went to her home and defecated at her doorstep.

My mum was non-plussed, as Blackie would always rush back in if he needs to use the toilet...even if he's sleeping on our bed, he'll get up and rush to his litter box. Second, Blackie is never out of our sight...so how could he defecate outside her door?! What is she talking about? My mum wondered if perhaps this neighbour is trying to make a few complaints, and then, later, head down to the management office and lodge an official complaint. Pets are not allowed in condos, you see, and while there are those who keep dogs, there are also those who hate cats for some reason.

Just like some of the forum members here said, there are people who pour HOT water on cats. In my old place, there were many stray cats. The management scolded me for feeding the cats. They have their kitchen staff pour hot water on those cats if the cats went near their kitchen.

We wondered why the number of cats kept declining, or that we'd see their carcasses a few days later. We didn't know what had happened and only found out much later that they were killing the cats by pouring a big pot of PIPING HOT water on them!

But like Lupie says, what goes around comes around. The management has since gone bankrupt and the OA has wound up their office. But, unfortunately, the big bosses (you'll be shocked if you knew who they were...very famous VIP) carted away all their precious assets before the OA closed their office.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

I feel very sad hearing about you guys' and your cats' bad encounters. So very sad for the innocent cats.

I thank God that so far my cats are all fine and still have the opportunity to romp to their hearts' content. Having a big field or playground in front or next to your house definitely helps because it reduces the human and cat population density in the area.

Ashley, so sorry to hear about Anna, poor thing ... really hopes she recovers.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Banned

Hi all

thanks for your concern for anna. she's cleared by the vet. she didn't show any more signs that points to poisoning aside from the initial vomiting at home. in fact she was so scared at the vet she didn't make any noise, she didn't eat, she didn't pee or poo, she just scrunched herself up into a ball. the vet commentd that she was a big difference compared to nicky who wailed his head off for the whole clinic to hear (even i could hear him before i walk into the clinic). they said since she hasn't exhibited any signs consistent with acute poisoning she could be discharged but that we should monitor her, any more vomitting or not usual behaviour we have to take her back.

she's back to her own self now..guess she's okay now. but thanks for your concern. can't tell you all that my sis and i were so worried yesterday.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi all

thanks for your concern for anna. she's cleared by the vet. she didn't show any more signs that points to poisoning aside from the initial vomiting at home. in fact she was so scared at the vet she didn't make any noise, she didn't eat, she didn't pee or poo, she just scrunched herself up into a ball. the vet commentd that she was a big difference compared to nicky who wailed his head off for the whole clinic to hear (even i could hear him before i walk into the clinic). they said since she hasn't exhibited any signs consistent with acute poisoning she could be discharged but that we should monitor her, any more vomitting or not usual behaviour we have to take her back.

she's back to her own self now..guess she's okay now. but thanks for your concern. can't tell you all that my sis and i were so worried yesterday.
Great news, Ashley.

... and to be on the safe side, you can make her lots of thick chicken stock by mashing up steamed chicken breast meat with warm water so that the fluid consumed will help flush out remaining toxins (if any) from her body.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Great news, Ashley.

... and to be on the safe side, you can make her lots of thick chicken stock by mashing up steamed chicken breast meat with warm water so that the fluid consumed will help flush out remaining toxins (if any) from her body.
oh, that's why sick people consummed chickens soup/stock. now i know. and i thought that was just the typical food that sick person eat!

thanks for the reminder. will get my sis to do that.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

ashley, am glad to hear that anna is back to her normal self now. yeah, make sure she gets lots of liquid into her system.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Banned

she's so smaller than the rest and she's quite skirtish around them that even when we're at home, it's hard to see whether she's drinking enough water - she's always lurking around corners or underneath chairs or she goes into a room and play by herself or hide herself up ontop of the fridge - now what i do is to leave bowls of water all over the house in several areas that they frequent.

hard to monitor her when we're away at work but if her attempt to escape this morning around 6am is any indication of her condition, i'd say she's feeling much better

she never gives up! all those prisoners who wanted to break from prison should really pay to learn from anna!!!!