Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Pet Memorial

Pet Memorial Share with us the grief on the loss of your pet, and may it be dearly and lovingly remembered forever.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Animal Lover

aidamd is on a distinguished road
Default Journey to Heaven - Bon Voyage Blizzard

Today, at 8.40 am, our beloved Blizzard is forever gone due to feline panleukopenia (FPV). It's a shocking lost to our family but I know God has better plan for him. It broke my heart when the vet called to inform on his death, but it broke my heart even more to see him suffered.

Blizzard had his first vaccine on Jan 15 and was scheduled for a booster on Feb 15. We kept him either indoor or in the car, but never alone. He had a fall about 2 weeks ago and vomited yellowish liquid but the vet said it's normal and prescribed antibiotics. He was okay 2 days after.

On Saturday afternoon, he became inactive. He drank and ate lesser than he normally would. He walked (which is very rare as he preferred running instead) slowly and approached every family member and just slept next to each us. That night, around 3am, I was woke up by his loud, unusual meow. I gave him some water and then he vomited a clear colour liquid with some bubbles. We rushed him to another vet and she suspected him with gastric. She did some blood test and viral test, and Blizzard was FPV mild positive. The vet said it's a 50-50 chance but to our family, he'd recovered soon. He was put under intensive treatment. If he stayed through for 5 days, chances for him to recover is high.

We went to visit him yesterday afternoon. The staff said he didn't response when his name is called. It's his way of showing protest for being caged. When I saw him and called him, he didn't even looked at me. I kept telling him that I'm doing this to get him cured. But my sister told me that he looked at her and his eyes were a bit teary. Was he mad at me? I'll never know. We planned to visit him again today after my class but we never had the chance.

I'm gonna miss him terribly much. No one will teman me to sleep anymore. No one will jump on me 3 am in the morning. No more senget catwalk.

It's only been 37 days knowing him but he left a great impact to our family. He was never a pet. He's a family.

Blizzard, wherever you are now, I hope you know that we love you and we certainly know you loved us too. This is not goodbye, we'll meet again one day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blizzard.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	11397  
Old 02-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Animal Lover

Twironnie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Journey to Heaven - Bon Voyage Blizzard

Rest In Peace,Blizzard....

To Aida,stay strong.He s in a better place now,free from pain and suffering.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Oh, dear. RIP, Blizzard!

Aidamd, you made a tremendous effort to save this kitty's life, and please take comfort in knowing that you most certainly gave him the happiest days of his life. Bless you.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Animal Lover

aidamd is on a distinguished road

Thanks Twironnie and Maneki. Your supports really help us going through this period.