Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Animal Organizations & Societies > SPCA

SPCA All discussions and information related to the non-profit SPCA organization. SPCA is the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Animal Lover

kimimaro84 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

i'm beginning to feel that this forum is dominated by girls (cold wind blow from behind,dry leaves fly everywhere....brrrrr.....cold...shiver)

too bad i live in apartment, wait lepas grad cari kerja n cari rumah maybe can do something...for now only help around hehe

thumbs up to everyone out there who r doin their part, i rili respect all of u...salute
Old 04-09-2009, 06:11 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimimaro84 View Post
i'm beginning to feel that this forum is dominated by girls (cold wind blow from behind,dry leaves fly everywhere....brrrrr.....cold...shiver)

too bad i live in apartment, wait lepas grad cari kerja n cari rumah maybe can do something...for now only help around hehe

thumbs up to everyone out there who r doin their part, i rili respect all of u...salute
SALUTE TO YOU TOO... MY DEAR ADIK...

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-10-2009, 04:52 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek View Post
Ok so as not to hear those SPCA "bashers" chime their "why no TNR?" let me set the record straight. SPCA Penang is doing TNR and they have been doing that for some time now as a matter of fact.
Nivek... Ya.. I heard about the TNR that penang is doing.. That's brilliant and perhaps more SPCAs will do them as well, at least for the cats first... Good job Nivek... you're always the coolest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
Dear friends,

We have read about so many threads "hantam - ing" most of the "ANIMAL SHELTER" in Malaysia, but most of the time we end up arguing without thinking about the time wasted during the sessions, instead having saving so many sheltered animals lives.
Mrs. Dolittle,

First, I must again, congratulate you on your new position at SPCA and it was really wonderful actually meeting up with you at SPCA.. I was thinking that you're an OLD Mak Cik.. hehe.. but you're actually pretty young and energetic.. hehe.. (*sorry about the old comment*). You joining force at SPCA will only make it that much better..

And you're right on the 'hentam' thingy.... I always wondered why people can't just debate civilly before getting personal? A lot of times, people disagree with us because they have different opinions and backgrounds and perhaps education and learning... But just because they disagree with our points, does not mean they don't like us... So, I guess everyone, please try to just debate the 'issues', and not assume people are attacking you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek View Post
If you people want to vent your frustrations, take it to the local council who are doing the killing and not SPCA. The money spent on killing could have been easily used to neuter. Think about it for awhile.
I completely agree with you on this Nivek. The most change that can be done is if the public lobby their local council... It's where your 'hard earned' money is spent in the first place. If enough people write in, I think even the thickest heads will take notice...
Old 04-10-2009, 05:01 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Recognising that finding enough homes for these unfortunate creatures are an impossibility without aggressively pursuing TNR in the community, conducting education and awareness program targeted for the tough adults and setting up of stray colonies (especially cats, which do not have the stigma of being considered haram by our general society), the modern SPCA shelters of the world around us have finally won their battle to control and reduce the strays population in a humane and caring way.
Furkids,

I am completely in agreement with you on TNR and that that is probably the absolutely best way to humanely let the strays live out their lives... In fact, before I even knew what 'TNR' is all about, I independently thought about this idea and was asking why don't we just neuter all the strays and let them live out their lives?

Later I found out why from Nivek...

Although TNR for dogs is a great solution in many countries, we'll need to recognize the fact that Malaysia may be unique in a political sense. Say, you neutered a dog and released it, would that stop the local councils in shooting the animals or killing them?

That's the tough battle to fight...
Old 04-10-2009, 05:05 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
Nivek... Ya.. I heard about the TNR that penang is doing.. That's brilliant and perhaps more SPCAs will do them as well, at least for the cats first... Good job Nivek... you're always the coolest!

Mrs. Dolittle,

First, I must again, congratulate you on your new position at SPCA and it was really wonderful actually meeting up with you at SPCA.. I was thinking that you're an OLD Mak Cik.. hehe.. but you're actually pretty young and energetic.. hehe.. (*sorry about the old comment*). You joining force at SPCA will only make it that much better..

And you're right on the 'hentam' thingy.... I always wondered why people can't just debate civilly before getting personal? A lot of times, people disagree with us because they have different opinions and backgrounds and perhaps education and learning... But just because they disagree with our points, does not mean they don't like us... So, I guess everyone, please try to just debate the 'issues', and not assume people are attacking you....

I completely agree with you on this Nivek. The most change that can be done is if the public lobby their local council... It's where your 'hard earned' money is spent in the first place. If enough people write in, I think even the thickest heads will take notice...
Eeehhhemm....

How do you know? I never mentioned it anywhere here...

Actually SPCA Ampang does the TNR thingy... but its called "MISSION HELP" which was done long time ago and still going...

SPCA Ampang actually helps those people in need of spaying and neutering of their pets or rescued animals.

You can check it out in our web site under "MISSION HELP" and can also make a request via the net.

So people, lets help the creatures in need of our help...

Ezer... people like me cannot afford to get old or sick, may be old in age but not mentally or physically... (even looks.. hahahahah...)

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-11-2009, 01:53 AM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Furkids,

I am completely in agreement with you on TNR and that that is probably the absolutely best way to humanely let the strays live out their lives... In fact, before I even knew what 'TNR' is all about, I independently thought about this idea and was asking why don't we just neuter all the strays and let them live out their lives?

Although TNR for dogs is a great solution in many countries, we'll need to recognize the fact that Malaysia may be unique in a political sense. Say, you neutered a dog and released it, would that stop the local councils in shooting the animals or killing them?

Totally agree that a project has to be personalized to each different countries. And don't think that SPCA is not doing anything. I am coming up with a project which is actually inspired by SPCA and am looking forward to get more ppl to help me out soon.. Will announce once I get support from relevant parties.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:59 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsyen View Post
Totally agree that a project has to be personalized to each different countries. And don't think that SPCA is not doing anything. I am coming up with a project which is actually inspired by SPCA and am looking forward to get more ppl to help me out soon.. Will announce once I get support from relevant parties.
Its great to hear that Yen.

Do let me know ya....

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Furkids,

Hey, what la ... you guys all Kelantanese kah? I had to post all these in Kelantanese and then you guys senyap for some time on this thread to ponder and then come back on TNR ... previously, I commented (like you Ezer, I was elated that SF, NZ, HK SPCA had changed to TNR be more humane and stop the killing of healthy strays, let them live and effectively control/reduce strays population. Previously, I commented in English but few understood and got all emotionally high.

However, adult awareness programmes (not schools as currently much done) need to be actively and aggressively pursued to create an environment of acceptance because TNR alone will not work.

And Ezer, I did say that dogs pose a greater challenge because of our predominantly Muslim population but that the road should be easier for the cats.

From, now on I will use Kelantanese in the forum ... kecek Kelate ... make nasik dage nge ike ayo ... nasik krabu nge budu ... aye perecik spesye bagi Stripes, si Bele come ...
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 04-14-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

And Ezer, memang it is an uphill battle ... animal welfare has never been easy ... and HK SPCA and the other modern SPCAs that have fought the uphill battle and won mentioned specifically that they got very little cooperation from their government side ... but they did tons of adult awareness education program to persuade and change the mindset that we need to allow the animals to live alongside us in the community as managed colonies of strays, to accept that it is the right of the animal to live amongst us in the community ... and that culling of healthy animals is cruel and inhumane.

You know, even feeding the strays (giving them the very basic needs of a living creature) is met with hostility from majority of the public? Good precious cat food and bowls placed discreetly and cleaned every day get thrown away ... denying the cat its basic right to life ... try denying a 2-legged his food and water!

Intense ADULT (not kids!) awareness education programmes is compulsory to prepare the groundwork of acceptance for TNR. Otherwise, all the TNRs will still be going down the drain in vain.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 04-14-2009, 02:27 PM
PetFinder Guru

bbpie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
BBPIE,

Hello... nice to meet you here.

BTW, are you Kelantanese too?
terlepas pandang plak post kakak dolittle...heheh..me not pure kelantanese..half breed.. my dad kelantan so jatuh la ke anak dia xleh pisoh ngan budu!

its great to know about what ur doin in spca sis, i do believe we need more ppl like u around.

i had some fond memories of spca from my younger days. dulu kat spca bule sunat anak2 bulu kan. i remember this mat saleh doc kat situ, very nice old man, big too (well, i was like 8 years old at that time heheheh) this nice dr explained to me about d benefits of kembiri, vaccination n such. he also tolong sunatkan my big timothy@timmy. i think mase tuh i was d only one in my neighbourhood that had a cat with no balls..

over d years i shied away from spca, for one reason or another. my last visit was like 5 years ago when i took ketot who was then just a little baby, mata pun xbuka lagi. i was disturbed with what i saw that day honestly. d girl at d desk was crying, another lady was shouting at her. and it was so so tense in that place. n there i stood looking at them not knowing what to do. in d end i walked out n never came back.

merapu plak haku arini :) just wanted to share my personal experience. my sincere hope is that spca has today changed for d better. n hopefully continue to progress. everyday lalu balik keje situ tgh there is always a crowd. hopefully one day, i will have d guts to actually stop by again..
Old 04-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

I have a very interesting story to tell and please give me your opinion after reading my post.

Last nite my neigbhour's maid and daughters on the upper floor (I'm on 3rd floor,she's on 4th floor) came to my unit around 9pm.I let the kids playing with my cats while chit chating with the maid. The kids love cat and dog according to the maid. Sometimes,when I'm not around they will come to my unit and play with the stray kittens outside my apartment. The maid said their parents dislike cats and dogs.They said very dirty.

After 20 minutes their mother shouted from the upper floor calling them to come home. When they didn't come back after 4 or 5 minutes the mother came to my apartment and scolded the kids because they play with my cats.She scolded the maid saying "kamu orang melayu sangat suka itu kucing.suka kotor kotor punya barang.itu kucing sana berak,sini kencing.bikin kotor".They went home after that. Their daugthers is 6 and 9 yrs old.

This morning I saw the maid sweeping their walkway in front of their apartment and I told her to mix my cat's pee with her employer's food/drinks.

Last edited by June; 04-15-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
PetFinder Guru

Smile Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

dEAR bbPIE,

It was really good to know what you did for the poor kitty...

This is what akak was trying to emphasis to everybody here...

WE NEED PEOPLE LIKE ALL OF US OUT THERE TO SAVE THE LIVES OF THESE CREATURES.

People, who are the decision makers? Who will decide whether or not another life will be taken away? Who will step forward and stop all the THINGS WHICH IS HAPPENING IN THE SHELTERS, ROADSIDES, (EVERYWHERE / ANYWHERE)? WHO WILL HELP AND NEED HELP?

THE ANSWER IS, WE ARE...

Yes, my dearest friends... WE ARE THE PEOPLE ... WE ARE THE DECISION MAKERS... WE ARE THE ONE WHO WILL BE SAVING THE LIVES OF THE SHELTERED, STRAYS, ABANDONED, ect... ANIMALS. WE ARE THE ONES WHO WILL HELP THESE CREATURE... AND MOST OF ALL THE SHELTERED ANIMALS NEED THE MOST HELP FROM US...

Please, do not get me wrong, who else is going to help these creatures other then us? Do not let any of THE KILLING ISSUES be the reason for any of us to stop ourselves from going to any of the shelters. It won't help at all... in fact we will be responsible for "NOT HELPING THESE POOR CREATURES FROM GETTING A NEW, BETTER HOME AND FAMILY OR EVEN BEING ABANDONED AT THE SHELTER...."

You see my dear friends, IT IS OUR CHOICE TO THINK WISELY AND MAKE A RIGHT DECISION...

WE ALL SHOULD COME TOGETHER AS ONE... NO MATTER WHAT.... ITS FOR THE ANIMALS SAKE... ONLY THEN WE PROVE OURSELVES BEING A REAL ANIMAL LOVERS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpie View Post
terlepas pandang plak post kakak dolittle...heheh..me not pure kelantanese..half breed.. my dad kelantan so jatuh la ke anak dia xleh pisoh ngan budu!

its great to know about what ur doin in spca sis, i do believe we need more ppl like u around.

i had some fond memories of spca from my younger days. dulu kat spca bule sunat anak2 bulu kan. i remember this mat saleh doc kat situ, very nice old man, big too (well, i was like 8 years old at that time heheheh) this nice dr explained to me about d benefits of kembiri, vaccination n such. he also tolong sunatkan my big timothy@timmy. i think mase tuh i was d only one in my neighbourhood that had a cat with no balls..

over d years i shied away from spca, for one reason or another. my last visit was like 5 years ago when i took ketot who was then just a little baby, mata pun xbuka lagi. i was disturbed with what i saw that day honestly. d girl at d desk was crying, another lady was shouting at her. and it was so so tense in that place. n there i stood looking at them not knowing what to do. in d end i walked out n never came back.

merapu plak haku arini :) just wanted to share my personal experience. my sincere hope is that spca has today changed for d better. n hopefully continue to progress. everyday lalu balik keje situ tgh there is always a crowd. hopefully one day, i will have d guts to actually stop by again..

...TIGER IN MEMORY...

Last edited by mrsdolittle; 04-25-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

June
Control, control ... (for the cats' sake only, otherwise saya pun lempang dia ...)

Call SPCA and ask their "Awareness Education Officer" to go and neutralise the situation (you keep out of this and keep a low profile because of the conflict - June got tons of emotional baggage oredi - and you must exercise restrain for damage control ... otherwise, all it takes is one phone call and they will all drown in that famous Setapak swimming pool!) and use their persuasive skills to create a change in the adult mindset to one that is compassionate towards animals around us that are also God's creation and have the right to life, and be a role model to children.

Also, stand firm that the cats are not to be removed for culling simply because they do not have a home (actually they do, outside the apartment and June is their caregiver!) and their fur is less than 1 inch long.

Last edited by FurKids; 04-15-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:35 PM
PetFinder Guru

bbpie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I have a very interesting story to tell and please give me your opinion after reading my post.

Last nite my neigbhour's maid and daughters on the upper floor (I'm on 3rd floor,she's on 4th floor) came to my unit around 9pm.I let the kids playing with my cats while chit chating with the maid. The kids love cat and dog according to the maid. Sometimes,when I'm not around they will come to my unit and play with the stray kittens outside my apartment. The maid said their parents dislike cats and dogs.They said very dirty.

After 20 minutes their mother shouted from the upper floor calling them to come home. When they didn't come back after 4 or 5 minutes the mother came to my apartment and scolded the kids because they play with my cats.She scolded the maid saying "kamu orang melayu sangat suka itu kucing.suka kotor kotor punya barang.itu kucing sana berak,sini kencing.bikin kotor".They went home after that. Their daugthers is 6 and 9 yrs old.

This morning I saw the maid sweeping their walkway in front the apartment and I told her to mix my cat's pee with her employer's food/drinks.
sounds familiar jek senario nih hopefully jgn sampai jadik cam my neighbour nak upah org buang (nih melayu) nasib org indon tu xmo. lagi sorang (chinese) nak racun langsung..huhuhuhu..bile serempak with me..mula la kutuk itu ini..well dorang ade mulut, bb pun ade mulut. i just lecture them back. we r d ones with brains i told them, pastu lecture la pasal sunat menyunat..nowadays, nampak bb dorang lak avoid me
Old 04-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpie View Post
sounds familiar jek senario nih hopefully jgn sampai jadik cam my neighbour nak upah org buang (nih melayu) nasib org indon tu xmo. lagi sorang (chinese) nak racun langsung..huhuhuhu..bile serempak with me..mula la kutuk itu ini..well dorang ade mulut, bb pun ade mulut. i just lecture them back. we r d ones with brains i told them, pastu lecture la pasal sunat menyunat..nowadays, nampak bb dorang lak avoid me
Banyak kala mereka tak retreat mcm tu, Bb, in a lot of cases it ended up with the kucing-suffering a much worse fate than before akibat api kemarahan yg bertambah teruk (to the point where logic fails completely) ... mereka talipon aje Bandaraya atau mereka terus tabur racun tikus ... and there goes all your hard work and neutered cats ... and the vacuum gets filled with new unneutered cats and you are back to square one or even worse ... do try to keep the temperature and blood pressure rendah (I know it is easier said than done) ... in situations like this, the head has really got to rule the heart ... for the poor cats' sake.

Sebab tu saya kata that as long as the environment for tolerance towards animals living amongst us in the community as managed stray colonies is not established by people concerned via aggressive Adult Communities Awareness Education Programs, Trap-Neuter-Release is in vain.

It is no point targeting school kids because the core problem lies with the adults.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Quote:

This morning I saw the maid sweeping their walkway in front the apartment and I told her to mix my cat's pee with her employer's food/drinks.
AHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! June i loveeeeee your sharp tongue!! wish i was as outspoken and confident as you are.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Animal Lover

Hehehehehehe!! serve her right.my dad told me once some people we must play rough to remind them on their behaviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
AHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! June i loveeeeee your sharp tongue!! wish i was as outspoken and confident as you are.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Hehehehehehe!! serve her right.my dad told me once some people we must play rough to remind them on their behaviour
True ... but only if there is no vulnerable third party involved, June ... there is a hostage case here ... the cats that you love!

The woman can't touch you (you can very capably wallop them on the heads, I am very sure of that ...) and walloping them with your heart's might does ease your raging heart, I am sure ... but the cats that you love with all your heart - that is why you are fighting for them in the first place isn't it? - are very vulnerable!

They will end up as the victim of your wrath and I am sure you do not wish them to suffer the consequences of your righteous your anger, do you?

That is why I stressed that your head needs to rule your heart ... did your cool-headed hubby race out and tarik you in from the World War III battlefield the way he always does?
Old 04-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Now jokes aside and let us focus on something that we can do if poo/pee along the stairs and corridors is a problem ...

Yes, actually around concrete buildings there are very few places for the cats to ease themselves, to be truthful.

The poor things have very few places as toilets. So what my friends and I do is to put in several huge planter boxes and fill them up with sand/soil and place a few plants in them (not too much so that they do not cover all the soil and the cats cannot get to them). The plants camoflage their toilet.

We do scooping regularly.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Animal Lover

Yeah,bro.I know.But sometime I lost control also Cannot take anymore bullshit from them.I've been keeping it for as long as I remember.

My husband knocked my ler.hehehehe!! He said why he must always rescue me from my own stupidity. Well,what husbands are for??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
True ... but only if there is no vulnerable third party involved, June ... there is a hostage case here ... the cats that you love!

The woman can't touch you (you can very capably wallop them on the heads, I am very sure of that ...) and walloping them with your heart's might does ease your raging heart, I am sure ... but the cats that you love with all your heart - that is why you are fighting for them in the first place isn't it? - are very vulnerable!

They will end up as the victim of your wrath and I am sure you do not wish them to suffer the consequences of your righteous your anger, do you?

That is why I stressed that your head needs to rule your heart ... did your cool-headed hubby race out and tarik you in from the World War III battlefield the way he always does?