Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Old 06-11-2009, 10:19 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Deki is on a distinguished road
Default A Letter fr A Dog - HOW COULD YOU ???

When I was a child, I entertained you with my antics and made you laugh.

You called me your child, and despite a number of chewed shoes and a couple of murdered throw pillows, I became your best friends. Whenever I was "bad" you'd shake your finger and asked "HOW COULD YOU??" then, you'd relent and roll me over a belly rub.

My house breaking took a little longer than expected, because you were terribly busy, but we wroked on that together. I remember those nights of nuzzling you in bed and listening to your confidences and secret dreams, and I beleive that life could not be any more perfect.

We went for long walk and runs in the park, car rides, stops for ice-cream (I only get the cones, because "ice-cream is bad for dogs" you said), and I took long naps in the sun waiting for you to come home at the end of the day.

Gradually, you began spending more time at work and on your career, and more time searching for a human mate. I waitied for you patiently, comforted you through heartbreaks and disapointments, never chided you about bad decisions, and romped with glee at your home comings, and when you fell in love.

She, now your wife is not a "dog person",-- still, I welcomed her into our home, try to show her affection and obey her. I was happy because you were happy. Then, the human baby came along, and I shared your excitement, I was fascinated by their pinkness, how they smiled, and I wanted to mothered them too. Only she and you worried that I might hurt them, and I spent most of my time banished to another room or to a dog crate.

Oh how I wanted to love them, but I became a "prisoner of love". As they began to grow, I became their friend. They clung to my fur and pulled themselves up on wobbly legs, poked finger in my eyes, investigated my ears, and gave me kisses on my nose, I love everything about them and their touch, and I would've defended them with my life if need be. I would sneak into their beds and listen to their worries and scret dreams, and together we waited for the sound of your car in the driveway.

There had been a time, when others asked you if you have a dog, that you produced a photo of me from your wallet and told them stories about me. These past few years you just answered "yes" and changed the subject, I had gone from being "your dog" to "just a dog", and you resented every expenditure on my behalf. Now you have a new career opptunity in another city, and you & them will be moving to an apartment that does not allow pets. You'vemade a right decision for your "family", but there was a time when I was your "only family".

I was excited at the car ride until we arrived at the animal shelter. It smelled of dogs & cats, of fear, of hoplessness. You filled up the paper and said, "I know you will find a good home for her". They shrugged and gave you a pained look. They understand the realities facing a middle-age dog, even one with "papers". You had to pry your son's fingers loose from my collar, as he screamed: "No, daddy, dont let them take my dog!!!!" And I worried for him, and what lessons you had just thought him about friendship, and loyalty, about love and responsibility and about respect of all life.

You gave me a good-bye pat on the head, avoided my eyes, and politely refused to take my collar and leash with you. You had a deadline to meet and now I have one too. after you left, the two nice ladies said you probably knew about your upcoming move months ago and made no attempt to find me another good home. They shook their head and asked "HOW COULD YOU??"

They are as attentive to us here in the shelter as their busy schedule allow. They feed us of cause, but I lost my appetied days ago, at first, when anyone passed my pen, I rushed to the front, hoping that it was you that you had changed your mind-- that this was all a bad dream--, or I hope it would be at least someone who cares, anyone who might save me. when I realised I could not compete with the florlicking for attention of happy puppies, oblivious to their own fate, I retreated to a far corner and waited.

I heard her foot steps as she came for me at the end of the day, and I padded along the aisle after her to a separate room. A blissfully quiet room. She placed me on the table and rubbed my ears, and told me not to worry. My heart pounded in anticipation of what was to come, but that was also a sense of relief. The prisoner of love had run out of days. As in my nature, I was more concern about her, the burden which she bears weighs heavily on her, and I know that, the same way I knew your every mood, she gently placed a tourniquet around my foreleg, as her tears ran down her cheek, I licked her hand in the same way I used to comfort you so many years ago, she expertly slid the hypodermic needle into my vein. As I felt the sting and the cool liquid coursing through my body, I lay down sleepily, looked into her kind eyes and murmured: "HOW COULD YOU??"

Perhaps she understood my dog's speak, she said: "I am so sorry", she hugged me, and hurriedly explained it was her job to make sure I went to a better place, where I wouldnt be ignore or abused or abandoned, or have to fend for myself--a place of love and light so very different from this earthly place, and with my last bit of energy, I tried to convey to her with a thump of my tail that my "HOW COULD YOU", was not directed at her.

It was directed AT YOU, MY BELOVED MASTER, I was thinking of you, I will think of you and wait for you forever. May every one in your life continue to show you so much loyalty........................................... ....

Click image for larger version

Name:	img200812231258441.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	5862

Last edited by Deki; 06-12-2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 06-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: A Letter fr A Dog - How Could You??

oh my! this is so heart-breaking.

but so true, how some owners treat their pets as disposable and didn't spare a thot for their feelings.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default A Letter fr A Dog - How Could You??

Deki,reading this make me cry harder. I don't know how many times I cried today.But now is getting harder. I was thinking abt stray cats around my apartment. How am I going to find home for them?? They are old,not beautiful and kucing kampung. I was given until 9/7/09 to clear all the cats. Why human are so cruel???
Old 06-11-2009, 11:14 PM
PetFinder Buddy

baca882004 is on a distinguished road

Yes, always read this and always makes me sad that there are heartless and selfish people like these.

Anyways, on a brighter side, the Doberman had a happy ending. Read here : http://malaysiandogsdeservebetter.bl...-doberman.html
Old 06-11-2009, 11:17 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Deki,reading this make me cry harder. I don't know how many times I cried today.But now is getting harder. I was thinking abt stray cats around my apartment. How am I going to find home for them?? They are old,not beautiful and kucing kampung. I was given until 9/7/09 to clear all the cats. Why human are so cruel???
Ya, why Human so cruel???? As the Author of this story said: (If "HOW COULD YOU??" brought tears to your eyes as you read it, as it did to mine as I wrote it, it is because it is the composite story of millions of "formerly owned" pets who abandoned, abused & died each year in many countries and animal shelters.){angry

Name:	dolly0.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	382.4 KB
ID:	5856

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  3.4 KB

Last edited by Deki; 06-11-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:35 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by baca882004 View Post
Yes, always read this and always makes me sad that there are heartless and selfish people like these.

Anyways, on a brighter side, the Doberman had a happy ending. Read here : http://malaysiandogsdeservebetter.bl...-doberman.html
Happy to know some happy ending, wish every dog as happy as him. God bless to all kind ppl.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:16 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Name:	two-legged-dog-783933.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	5859

Dis 2 legged 2 years old Chihuahua was found by a hunter in Pender county, he was believed to hv abandoned in the woods, and sumone did dis cruelty to him, the samatarian brought the dog to a vet and they named him : "Roo" bcoz of its missing front legs.

Can u beleive such cruelty is happening in this world????

Last edited by Deki; 06-12-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:38 AM
Animal Lover

kiki2006 is on a distinguished road

OMG Deki............how sad, as a dog lover, it makes me want to cry , why are people so mean and cruel? I can not stand the thought of cruelty to dogs or any other animals. Doesn't anyone have a conscious or feel empathy anymore; for anything? People need to start thinking and remembering that animals have feelings and emotions also.

Such lack of interest and compassion from a human being upon which an animal is completely dependent, is staggering .

Each year hundred of dogs are abandoned because their owners are tired of playing with them. A dog is not a toy”.

You are right! We treat them as a "pet", but they treat us as "friend".
Old 06-12-2009, 02:15 AM
PetFinder Guru

meira is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to meira

hmm..i have a story to tell.

in feb i went to segar vet to check my cat.my cat needed to stay overnite..my cat's neighbour is a dog..i dont know what breed..but it looks like Chihuahua(becoz of the size).i asked the doc..what happend to the dog's leg?the doc said he fell down from a table..got fracture etc.

the next day i went to discharge my cat,i saw the dog with his owner..a lady.she was holding the dog.n then her hubby came with a box.he put the dog roughly into the box..the dog bark as his leg still hurt.i dont know how to describe the way he put the dog into the box..like paksa the dog and push the dog's head..after that he sellotaped the box and lastly..he hit the box with his slippers because the dog could not stop barking.i was so shocked and speechless..i want to scold the couple but i dont know why i couldn't.

i dont know why they want to pet animals if they dont want to love them?from what i heard..it is not the the 1st time that the dog here..doc said dh 2 3 kali.same case.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:51 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Name:	mean_13.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	5860

Name:	4b.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	5861

Above: Two dogs were found with collars embedded in their necks . For weeks, no one paid attention to their plight. Once at the hospital, both received needed medical attentions and both found loving homes.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Animal Lover

BerniceW is on a distinguished road

Enough is enough ! Every day cats and dogs are found wandering around in the streets helplessly. And it is happening everywhere. Things may go awry due to many reasons - too much work, too much time, high cost, or even inadaptability. But do you dump your kid when he is a bit mischievous? They are also the same, lest we can see.

Before keeping a pet it’s better to make sure that you’re ready for the lifetime commitment. Even if you’re not able to adjust with him or vice-versa, you can resort to a more humane method to solve the situation. In case of behavior problems, train him. Spay or neuter pets that show aggressive instinct. If even then things are not fixed, find him another home instead of dumping him as a chunk of flesh.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Attachment 5860

Attachment 5861

Above: Two dogs were found with collars embedded in their necks . For weeks, no one paid attention to their plight. Once at the hospital, both received needed medical attentions and both found loving homes.
Dogs and cats have no voice of their own and are mostly defenceless against humans and usually rely upon us and trust us to treat them properly, it is appauling that some people can behave in this way, torturing a creature that cannot report it, or tell who it was etc! It is worth mentioning also, that someone who can do this sort of atrocious act to an animal, is very likley to go on and do harm to humans, it is a common criminal trait.

Animals are usually worth 10 of any human thats why, they dont grow up into scum or destroy the planet or kill for fun etc. They live a simple life and live to their means and the earth would probably be a much better place if it was just them here and not us. They are full of love and loyalty and should be treated as an equal to us.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Animal Lover

Joni is on a distinguished road

I was in tears... even though i was just half way reading the article...
Most of us wonder that how human could be so cruel to pets...
But it is not something extraordinary as human is able slaughter another human, what more do these humans think about pets???

Recently my fren forwarded my an email which contains horrific scenes on how a human, was able to slaughter another living human... the person.. perhaps i should say the monster was actually slicing the victim's neck while the victim was still alive and kicking... the monster kept slicing till the head of the victim was cut-off from the body...
PS: sorry if am out of the topic here...

I just wanna voiced out that human mind is easily influenced by Satan and there is where cruelty on other living beings will happen....
Old 06-12-2009, 11:01 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
I was in tears... even though i was just half way reading the article...
Most of us wonder that how human could be so cruel to pets...
But it is not something extraordinary as human is able slaughter another human, what more do these humans think about pets???

Recently my fren forwarded my an email which contains horrific scenes on how a human, was able to slaughter another living human... the person.. perhaps i should say the monster was actually slicing the victim's neck while the victim was still alive and kicking... the monster kept slicing till the head of the victim was cut-off from the body...
PS: sorry if am out of the topic here...

I just wanna voiced out that human mind is easily influenced by Satan and there is where cruelty on other living beings will happen....

The human being can be full of generosity as well as lacking and descency at all.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Animal Lover

BerniceW is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Attachment 5860

Attachment 5861

Oh!!!!! This is so skickening!!!!!!!! HUMAN!!!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Animal Lover

Buffy is on a distinguished road

Damn you Deki !!! HOW COULD YOU ???? HOW COULD YOU make me cry????

Damn all heartless pet owner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Animal Lover

Hunter is on a distinguished road

If You Can't Commit, Don't Even Try!

Animals depend on you as a child would depend on you. You are their mother-substitute. Imagine a small child being dumped in the middle of the woods and left to fend for themselves. That is the equivalent of dumping a domesticated animal or bird in a park, wood, or by the side of a road. A pet is not a throw away item. A pet is the best part of you. Please, if you can't keep a pet with you through thick and thin, don't even get one.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Animal Lover

Years ago when I was a new mum, I set my daughter the the floor thinking I would just be a second getting her bottle. In was no more than 10 seconds and she was crawling toward the ground floor living landing, as my heart pounded my rottie "Max" was on the step below pushing her up with her nose and blocking the landing. That was not instinct, that was saving my butt!

I realised then, Dogs not only make wonderful life-long companions, they are instrumental in many people’s lives. Many faithful four-legged friends grow up to become guide, bomb sniffing or cadaver dogs or assist and serve in many other ways that are beneficial to humans.

Last edited by kiki2006; 06-13-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:20 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Letter fr A Dog - HOW COULD YOU ???

Quote:
When I was a child, I entertained you with my antics and made you laugh.

You called me your child, and despite a number of chewed shoes and a couple of murdered throw pillows, I became your best friends. Whenever I was "bad" you'd shake your finger and asked "HOW COULD YOU??" then, you'd relent and roll me over a belly rub.

My house breaking took a little longer than expected, because you were terribly busy, but we wroked on that together. I remember those nights of nuzzling you in bed and listening to your confidences and secret dreams, and I beleive that life could not be any more perfect.

We went for long walk and runs in the park, car rides, stops for ice-cream (I only get the cones, because "ice-cream is bad for dogs" you said), and I took long naps in the sun waiting for you to come home at the end of the day.

Gradually, you began spending more time at work and on your career, and more time searching for a human mate. I waitied for you patiently, comforted you through heartbreaks and disapointments, never chided you about bad decisions, and romped with glee at your home comings, and when you fell in love.

She, now your wife is not a "dog person",-- still, I welcomed her into our home, try to show her affection and obey her. I was happy because you were happy. Then, the human baby came along, and I shared your excitement, I was fascinated by their pinkness, how they smiled, and I wanted to mothered them too. Only she and you worried that I might hurt them, and I spent most of my time banished to another room or to a dog crate.

Oh how I wanted to love them, but I became a "prisoner of love". As they began to grow, I became their friend. They clung to my fur and pulled themselves up on wobbly legs, poked finger in my eyes, investigated my ears, and gave me kisses on my nose, I love everything about them and their touch, and I would've defended them with my life if need be. I would sneak into their beds and listen to their worries and scret dreams, and together we waited for the sound of your car in the driveway.

There had been a time, when others asked you if you have a dog, that you produced a photo of me from your wallet and told them stories about me. These past few years you just answered "yes" and changed the subject, I had gone from being "your dog" to "just a dog", and you resented every expenditure on my behalf. Now you have a new career opptunity in another city, and you & them will be moving to an apartment that does not allow pets. You'vemade a right decision for your "family", but there was a time when I was your "only family".

I was excited at the car ride until we arrived at the animal shelter. It smelled of dogs & cats, of fear, of hoplessness. You filled up the paper and said, "I know you will find a good home for her". They shrugged and gave you a pained look. They understand the realities facing a middle-age dog, even one with "papers". You had to pry your son's fingers loose from my collar, as he screamed: "No, daddy, dont let them take my dog!!!!" And I worried for him, and what lessons you had just thought him about friendship, and loyalty, about love and responsibility and about respect of all life.

You gave me a good-bye pat on the head, avoided my eyes, and politely refused to take my collar and leash with you. You had a deadline to meet and now I have one too. after you left, the two nice ladies said you probably knew about your upcoming move months ago and made no attempt to find me another good home. They shook their head and asked "HOW COULD YOU??"

They are as attentive to us here in the shelter as their busy schedule allow. They feed us of cause, but I lost my appetied days ago, at first, when anyone passed my pen, I rushed to the front, hoping that it was you that you had changed your mind-- that this was all a bad dream--, or I hope it would be at least someone who cares, anyone who might save me. when I realised I could not compete with the florlicking for attention of happy puppies, oblivious to their own fate, I retreated to a far corner and waited.

I heard her foot steps as she came for me at the end of the day, and I padded along the aisle after her to a separate room. A blissfully quiet room. She placed me on the table and rubbed my ears, and told me not to worry. My heart pounded in anticipation of what was to come, but that was also a sense of relief. The prisoner of love had run out of days. As in my nature, I was more concern about her, the burden which she bears weighs heavily on her, and I know that, the same way I knew your every mood, she gently placed a tourniquet around my foreleg, as her tears ran down her cheek, I licked her hand in the same way I used to comfort you so many years ago, she expertly slid the hypodermic needle into my vein. As I felt the sting and the cool liquid coursing through my body, I lay down sleepily, looked into her kind eyes and murmured: "HOW COULD YOU??"

Perhaps she understood my dog's speak, she said: "I am so sorry", she hugged me, and hurriedly explained it was her job to make sure I went to a better place, where I wouldnt be ignore or abused or abandoned, or have to fend for myself--a place of love and light so very different from this earthly place, and with my last bit of energy, I tried to convey to her with a thump of my tail that my "HOW COULD YOU", was not directed at her.

It was directed AT YOU, MY BELOVED MASTER, I was thinking of you, I will think of you and wait for you forever. May every one in your life continue to show you so much loyalty........................................... ....

Attachment 5862
oh my god.
i really wet my eyes.

it's really sad but yes it's a very true story.
This story happened even in our website.
really really sad.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:56 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Vivi,

I post this aritcles bcoz animal needs us b the eyes & ears of the defenceless, ppl must try to pass on compassion to those that don't seem to have any, & also try to educate young kids to be kind to animals and to understand that animals are our friends and they deserve to be treated with respect and care at all times .

Otherwise we have failed them and they in turn will fail the animals. Please sign petitions against cruelty and speak up for the voiceless, always speak up and try to do our best for them. Please help those that are not able to help themselves and be a voice for animals. Their suffering is our suffering

True !! It is happenning everywhere......even website here.......

Last edited by Deki; 06-13-2009 at 05:10 PM.