Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 03-27-2017, 07:51 PM
Animal Lover

Ruivy33 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Please adopt my Persian/Himalayan cat

Hi catlovers,

I am writing this with a contemplatin amd confuse mind.My female Persian Himalayan cat age of 1 has attacked me 3x now since she gave births for the 1st time about 2months ago.I am the only one in my family members and among friends who visited that got attacked.She literally just HATES me.Her name is Lilybelle.I bought her at age of 4months and kept well indoor alone for almost 6months before I got her a handsome husband.She was really tame and affectionate, even after she got a new husband.They get along pretty well too although different breed.The disaster started after Lilybelle gave birth.She starts hating me and his husband, Boots.Now Boots live at my sister's house because Lilybelle could not accept him after she gave birth. Lilybelle also seems to hate me and had been stalking me and finally attacked me 3x which leads to minor injuries and 2 stitches.She basically will smell me first before suddenly attacking me by clinging her nails digging it into my thighs or calves.Ouch.She scratched me alot dirinf the 1st attack, but during the 2nd and 3rd one Iwas much more prepared and acted cool and not panic.
Now I am giving up with her weird attitude which comes once in a blue moon...but well aware of.She makes me scared of living in my own home. She will only be nice when she is hungry...so that is why I have no problem feeding her.I also have kept her inside our glass bathroom with her kittens due to safety reason.
Please....anyone.....wanna adopt or help me?????I really love her but I am terrified by her....And at the same time I am afraid she might attack new parents...Only catexpertise no how to handle her....
Old 03-28-2017, 07:43 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Please adopt my Persian/Himalayan cat

Dear Ruivy33,

The first thing I would suggest (and this is a very common suggestion for any pet with a behavioural issue) is taking the cat to the vet for a complete medical check to rule out any health issues. She may be attacking you because she is in pain. Don't trust your own eyes to replace a veterinary checkup!

Second, she was very young when you allowed her to mate. Typically, vets recommend waiting until the queen is one year old before breeding. When you are at the vet clinic, I would also ask whether spaying her will alleviate the aggression you're experiencing. Spaying will certainly be better for her in terms of her reproductive health. Also, if you do give her up for adoption, having her spayed will ensure that she is adopted by a sincere cat-lover, rather than someone who will breed her repeatedly for profit. Please consider it!

Sincerely,
Maneki Neko
PetFinder Forum Moderator
Old 03-28-2017, 10:16 AM
Animal Lover

Ruivy33 is on a distinguished road

Hi Maneki!

I would like to bring her to the vet but she won't allow me to touch her, neither to get her into her carrier to visit the vet. And traumatized by her attacks, I even locked her up in my glass bathroom with a bad ventilation. This poor cat used to be roamomg freely and happily in the house, I feel so bad every time I locked her in. I do not want another attack but most of the time I give in to her meowning and pleading so I let her out roaming in my house again while I lock myself in my room.
Yes, I will consider to bring her to the vet very soon before handing her over to the new parents.I love her so much but I am still traumatized and will never trust her like before.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:21 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

I see someone has adopted your cat. I pray they will get her to a vet for a thorough checkup. The behaviour you describe is very worrisome.