Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Success Stories

Success Stories Share your happy and heart-warming "tails" with our community. Let us know about your successful rescue, rehome or adoption efforts!

Old 06-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Animal Lover

Michelle is on a distinguished road
Default Coco

Dear Members

I just want to thank PetFinders for getting a home for Coco. The response was so so overwhelming.

I was extremely touched with this new owner who is willing to spend all this time and efforts to treat Coco's minor injuries upon adopting him. This new owner is truly an animal lover and inspite of his minor injuries, he would still like to adopt Coco which is truly a memorable experience.

Thank you PetFinders for helping me to find a good home and good life for Coco.

Michelle
Old 06-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Animal Lover

otacon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Coco

Hi everyone. I'm the new owner that Michelle was talking about. Just thought to update some things:

Coco has been taken to the vet yesterday. He had an x-ray taken to investigate why he can't use his right front leg. The x-ray revealed nothing, which made the doctor make a conclusion that Coco has a damaged nerve. There is no surgery for this (as far as she tells me), and since Coco is dragging her feet while walking, the right leg will get injured frequently. Hence, she recommends amputation.

I have decided to go for a second opinion, cause amputation is so major and must not be taken lightly. In the mean time, Coco is on medication to stimulate his nerves. It's a long shot, but a shot is better than doing nothing.

Coco is also wearing socks now and confined to my house and the compound. He is not allowed to go out to the tar roads because his leg will get injured by dragging his leg on the rough tar road.

Some pics for you all to see him:

If anybody has a similar experience and managed to overcome it, please let me know what I should do. I would do anything to get Coco's right leg to function again.

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Success Story - Coco

Hi Michelle,

I'm really happy that Coco has managed to find a new home in such a short time. Did you know that you have just set a new record in PetFinder.my for the Shortest Time In Rehoming A Pet - 35 Minutes from the time of listing!

Glad that PetFinder could be of help. The person that deserves the greatest praise here is Otacon, who has taken great measures to treat Coco and gave him such a loving home. Whatever the outcome of the treatment is, Coco is really lucky to receive the love and care of Otacon. Good job!

Please keep us updated on Coco's condition, and we look forward to more cute pictures of him!

Btw, anyone out there that can give some advice on Coco's condition?
Old 06-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Animal Lover

Thanks Sam for your sweet testimonials and lovely pictures to be shared to everybody. Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by otacon View Post
Hi everyone. I'm the new owner that Michelle was talking about. Just thought to update some things:

Coco has been taken to the vet yesterday. He had an x-ray taken to investigate why he can't use his right front leg. The x-ray revealed nothing, which made the doctor make a conclusion that Coco has a damaged nerve. There is no surgery for this (as far as she tells me), and since Coco is dragging her feet while walking, the right leg will get injured frequently. Hence, she recommends amputation.

I have decided to go for a second opinion, cause amputation is so major and must not be taken lightly. In the mean time, Coco is on medication to stimulate his nerves. It's a long shot, but a shot is better than doing nothing.

Coco is also wearing socks now and confined to my house and the compound. He is not allowed to go out to the tar roads because his leg will get injured by dragging his leg on the rough tar road.

Some pics for you all to see him:

If anybody has a similar experience and managed to overcome it, please let me know what I should do. I would do anything to get Coco's right leg to function again.

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Animal Lover

Default Re: Success Story - Coco

Thanks Andy for your sweet message. Yes, Otacon has given a new set of life to Coco. Oh my beloved Coco.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Hi Michelle,

I'm really happy that Coco has managed to find a new home in such a short time. Did you know that you have just set a new record in PetFinder.my for the Shortest Time In Rehoming A Pet - 35 Minutes from the time of listing!

Glad that PetFinder could be of help. The person that deserves the greatest praise here is Otacon, who has taken great measures to treat Coco and gave him such a loving home. Whatever the outcome of the treatment is, Coco is really lucky to receive the love and care of Otacon. Good job!

Please keep us updated on Coco's condition, and we look forward to more cute pictures of him!

Btw, anyone out there that can give some advice on Coco's condition?
Old 06-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Animal Lover

Cavey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Cavey

Hi there! It sure is a right move to get a second, third or even fourth opinion before deciding on amputation. That I think should be the last resort.

Below are some links I found on the internet which I hope might provide some information to you. Few of them are international forums, with owners experiencing similar situations.

http://home.ivillage.com/pets/symsolve/0,,lhq2,00.html
http://www.seefido.com/dog-discussio...ic.php?p=2082&
http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question...2083841AA7nZ2T

Will post more if I find any additional information. Here’s wishing her a speedy recovery.

Rgds,
Cavey
Old 06-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Animal Lover

Thanks Cavey for helping us with your suggestions. We really need assistance to treat Coco. Once again Cavey, Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavey View Post
Hi there! It sure is a right move to get a second, third or even fourth opinion before deciding on amputation. That I think should be the last resort.

Below are some links I found on the internet which I hope might provide some information to you. Few of them are international forums, with owners experiencing similar situations.

http://home.ivillage.com/pets/symsolve/0,,lhq2,00.html
http://www.seefido.com/dog-discussio...ic.php?p=2082&
http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question...2083841AA7nZ2T

Will post more if I find any additional information. Here’s wishing her a speedy recovery.

Rgds,
Cavey
Old 06-17-2008, 11:30 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Dear Members

I just want to thank PetFinders for getting a home for Coco. The response was so so overwhelming.

Michelle
Actually, Petfinder would like to thank you, Michelle for helping out... We love to see people here working so hard to get these poor animals a loving home and I am glad that our website is working it's magic.

Your story touched me greatly. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otacon View Post

Thanks.
Otacon,

You're definitely a hero in my books. Not many people would be kind enough to spend so much time and resources in helping a hapless animal. I am sure coco is one of the luckiest doggy in the world to have you. May she love you forever!!
Old 06-18-2008, 12:14 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

yea, this dog will have a sweet home.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Animal Lover

Hi Ezer - yes I definitely and strongly agree with you. Sam is just a different animal lover who is willing to spend so much time and efforts in helping this poor fella giving him a comfortable home and good life. I know not many people would want to have such sacrifices. I would love to keep this poor fella as part of our family member upon finding him injuried by the roadside but my current two dogs are actually stretching me up. Once again my profound thanks to Sam and all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
Actually, Petfinder would like to thank you, Michelle for helping out... We love to see people here working so hard to get these poor animals a loving home and I am glad that our website is working it's magic.

Your story touched me greatly. Keep up the good work.

Otacon,

You're definitely a hero in my books. Not many people would be kind enough to spend so much time and resources in helping a hapless animal. I am sure coco is one of the luckiest doggy in the world to have you. May she love you forever!!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Animal Lover

Cavey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Cavey

Any latest updates on her condition?
Old 06-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Animal Lover

otacon is on a distinguished road

He has finished one course of meds to stimulate the nerves. No improvement at all. But I still won't go ahead with amputation. Just leave it as it is lar. Always wearing the socks, so will not harm the leg...
Old 06-27-2008, 01:41 PM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

Hi can you provide me with your contact details.. I can refer you to my friend who might be able to help you out with some stimulating excercises. We have just succesfully helped a bed ridden, paralysed dog stand up and she is still moving towards good progress. check out her blog on the dog Hope.. http://www.rasatanah.blogspot.com/
Old 06-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Animal Lover

Dear Acsyen - I sincerely appreciate your assistance here. Its extremely valuable. As soon as we have the contact details, we will notify you. Thanks again Acsyen - Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsyen View Post
Hi can you provide me with your contact details.. I can refer you to my friend who might be able to help you out with some stimulating excercises. We have just succesfully helped a bed ridden, paralysed dog stand up and she is still moving towards good progress. check out her blog on the dog Hope.. http://www.rasatanah.blogspot.com/