Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 01-14-2009, 01:15 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Thumbs down Shameless Man Resells Adopted Kitten

I have received an email from Jacqueline, a veteran rescuer, who was deceived by a shameless man impersonating as an adopter, but later resold the adopted kittens at another website for RM50 each. In fact, this person did not even pay up on the vaccination and neutering fees.

Below are the kittens that he adopted:
http://www.petfinder.my/pets/2915/

Which he made available for sale very soon thereafter at:
http://www.mudah.my/vi/1548519.htm?ca=8_s

Jacqueline has tried to get in touch with him numerous times but he just hung up the calls after hearing her voice.

I have located his details in our system upon further investigation. I am deeply saddened by such shameless acts, and this member has been permanently blacklisted in PetFinder.

I shall reveal some basic information of him here, for the benefit of other rescuers:

Name: Shah Firdaus

Photo:
Old 01-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Animal Lover

Vee20 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shameless Man Resells Adopted Kitten

How dreadful! I've been following up on the darlings ever since Jacqueline put them up for adoption here. It was such a thrill to hear that they were adopted, but I certainly didn't expect this!

Jacqueline, you've been very kind-hearted dedicated in doing what you do. I'm so sorry this had to happen to you.

Andy, I had the same thing happen to me once as well. My first foster kittens were betrayed the same way, by a lady whom I trusted to be a loving and trusting person. (She goes by the name 'nevekiara' on this site, I do hope she'll be blacklisted as well).

She kept the kittens (two females) for two weeks, and then sent them off with her 6 year old niece during a visit (the girl found the kittens cute and she gave up the kitts as Raya 'gifts'). She also made sure that I'd have no way of getting to see or get updates on my darlings again, no phone connections, proper address etc. She sent them off to some rural area I've never heard of.

And when I started criticising her, on how they won't be receiving any medical attention (she'd even promised to have them spayed when it's time), she answered back very rudely. Never picked up my calls after that.
You have no idea how guilty I feel till now, and how I regret not doing the best for my kitts. It's painful because I handraised them as babies (since 2 weeks of age), and gave them so much love, all the disciplining, training and socializing to prepare them for the best homes...all gone to waste.

I personally feel Jacqueline's pain on this matter, and such people should not deserve a place on this site.

This Shan person, I saw that he still had his phone number listed on the Mudah site. Perhaps you could fix someone to give him a call, posing as a potential adopter for the Siamese kittens? There's still hope of getting them back Andy, unlike my kittens who are lost to me forever. I'd like to help in any way I can, just contact me if you need help. I wish you all the best in getting the kittens back.

Good luck and hope all goes well.
~Take care~
Old 01-14-2009, 02:24 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Pls copy and forward to someone you knew. Let Public know this news.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:02 AM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

Wondering if I should post my controversial comments or not. Firstly it's a pedigree kitten. Rehoming it for free is definitely wrong. Not collecting the vaccine and spaying fees upfront is another mistake. What happen to home visits before releasing the kittens? I do not wish for this to happen to any rescuers as everyone is aware that that are many conmen out there waiting for chances to breed/resell our pedigrees. We as rescuers should be fully responsible for our own rescues. Maybe we can't blame a new rescuer for not being 'smart' in this area but to veteran rescuers like Jacqueline, I certainly do not want to comment further. Feel free to prove me wrong maybe there are somethings which she has done which I don't know. My comments here are based on the information which is posted here.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Shameless Man Resells Adopted Kitten

Andy,I know few forumers here have been selling and buying kittens/cats like nobody business and claim themselves as cat lovers. Not sure weather I should reveal them in public because If I do that,I'm sure many will fire me as almost all forumers know this people.Shame on this them.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:01 AM
PetFinder Buddy

fanna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsyen View Post
Firstly it's a pedigree kitten. Rehoming it for free is definitely wrong.
that siamese look-alike kitten are not purebreed. so free adoption is correct already. << please ignore this.read below.heee~

edited 15/01/09 :

just want to add that i (i believe most of us) understand if rescuers take some fees because saving and then rehoming the strays is not an easy task. sometime people take for granted when they see free healthy + spayed cat for adoption (like this shameful man). so with the fees, its kinda reflect the commitment of the potential adopter.the reason i wrote "free adoption correct already" is not because the cat is a domestic cat. i usually said that to people who come and offer their kitten to me (they said spaying is unacceptable and i was like hello?) and to people who sells their cat for money. it is obvious that jac is not that kind of person so i agree with asyen. maybe some fees can help prevent people from taking advantage though there are still chances the adopter will re-sell the cat with higher fees (sh*t happens) but at least by taking the fees, people who have the intention to re-sell the cat will think twice before adopting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsyen View Post
Not collecting the vaccine and spaying fees upfront is another mistake.
hmm jacqualine, maybe you should consider this when rehoming another cat. the owner will have no choice but to send the kitty for vaccination and spaying.

edit :

sigh..jacqualine..you have already spay the cat and then give her up for free adoption...so the only thing left to do is to fine her a good home..and then this sh*t happened.would it make any different if you were to collect the vaccine and spaying fees? most probably but if the adopter first intention is to sell the cat, they will sell it not matter what. maybe you just need to be extra careful when choosing the right adopter.or is there anything else that can be done?sighh..so sad..

Last edited by fanna; 01-15-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point

if we want the kittens back, just set up a meeting and get them. no need to pay, its just as a way to get him to bring them out. but, as the fuktard knows where jac lives. it might not be a good idea. let it be and becareful next time. it happens.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:17 PM
PetFinder Moderator

June,
They are wanted list, You need inform us. Petfinder.my is sincerely place for pet lover.
we need public to everyone for notice it.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Puppet Master~

chemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

impersonating as an adopter = unacceptable~!!XXX!!
not paying for the medical exam/ vaccination/ deworming = unacceptable~!!XXX!!

but.. do we know if he has taken care of both siamese well???
Old 01-14-2009, 12:23 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Fanna,
Is hard for select the right adopter, because we don't know them. Almost we looking for someone interest and give away ASAP. Only guile person just want bring for resell again.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:24 PM
PetFinder Guru

abzalia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to abzalia

i rasa i pnh berurusan dengan dia nih...
pnh call & bercakap ngn dia..
i ingat yg UTAr tuh....
tp sayang no hp dia i x save...

b4 nih dia penah call i tanye pasal nk adopt ChiChi..
tp at det time, i lost his phone number tp ingat dia punye
email add jer...

tp bila fikir2 balik..i x jadik call dia & i senyap cam tuh jek..
lg pun dia pun x kall kalo betul2 minat..
nasib la...kalo x, mesti perkara yg sama brlaku jugak..

cuma terkilan..knp nk jual..???
klu i, rasa x nk kucing tuh, pulangkan balik dengan tuan dia..
jangan buat macam nih!!!!!!!!!
bodoh!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:38 PM
PetFinder Guru

abzalia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to abzalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Fanna,
Is hard for select the right adopter, because we don't know them. Almost we looking for someone interest and give away ASAP. Only guile person just want bring for resell again.
mmg susah...
sangat2 susah..
ade yg x bleh sesuaikan dengan kucing sbb
kucing nakal..@ bising2...
then pulangkan balik..
tp masa nk ambik tuh...
janji berterabur gula2...
manis giler...

bila dah rasa x nk, kuar plak alasan masalah RM xde..
sibuk..kucing nakal..bla..bla....
masa nk ambik.. xfikir sume tuh!!!!!!!

1st man yg adopt chichi dulu...
cam tuh gk...
after a week, hantar chichi konon2 nk g kusus 5 hari..
dlm masa dia kusus mmg langsung x call tanye pasal dia..
i dah agak dah cam samting rong..
after 5 hari baru dia sms ckp dah x bleh nk jaga chichi..
ade masalah..
bila tanye masalah ape...
dia ckp masalah kewangan...
heran...knp dah bela baru kuar masalah kewangan??
patut b4 adopt tuh fikir masak2 tanggung jawab & kewangan cemane..??
tp masa dia nak adopt chichi awal2 dulu i dah ckp..
kalo x nk, JANGAN BUANG DIA KAT PASAR BORONG..
hantar balik..
x kisah...

tuh yg bleh kuar alasan nk g kusus tuh...ckp jek la terus terang x bleh nk jaga sebab papa kedana...apa susah???
Old 01-14-2009, 02:21 PM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanna View Post
that siamese look-alike kitten are not purebreed. so free adoption is correct already.
look alike pedigree or pedigree, dog or cat also must never rehome for free.. at least get some cat food or something like that.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hi June,

If you have evidence of any person pretending to be an adopter and reselling the adopted cats, please feel free to expose him/her here in this forum with the supporting facts.

If that person is merely selling cats without exploiting the rescuers, then I don't think that act alone violates any serious ethical rules.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Actually it is pretty difficult for rescuers to safeguard against such malicious people. Given the restrictions of time, cost and human resources, the rescuers can only do reasonable due diligence on the potential adopters, and base the judgement on certain general criteria and personal experience.

It is not good being too stringent on adopters too, as that might scare away more genuine ones than the occasional exploitative person, and in the end, less lives are being saved. I believe what matters ultimately is the total number of lives saved, since it is often difficult to guarantee the quality and genuineness of each adopter.

I am totally against such people that exploit the rescuers. But, just to put the matter in a different light, if the kittens ultimately get sold by this person, I believe they would also likely lead decent lives. In such cases, the rescuer was cheated, but his/her generous and selfless deed still paid off in the end.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Andy,I know few forumers here have been selling and buying kittens/cats like nobody business and claim themselves as cat lovers. Not sure weather I should reveal them in public because If I do that,I'm sure many will fire me as almost all forumers know this people.Shame on this them.
June, this kind of sh#t happen everyday, sometime how careful we are we can still get caught by this bastard. Reason i don't breed many & extra cocky some may say is bcoz I want to be very sure of the person wanting my cat.

I think you shud expose the forumers who does this cat trading big time to prevent any innocent party from been con by this so call cat lover, frankly speaking if I were you I don't give a damn what their supporters will say, wrong is wrong & there is no 2 way to it. I will appreciate if you can PM me their names if you don't wish to do it publicly so that I can be aware who these ppl are.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 01-14-2009, 03:10 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Coony,
Yes, we need give notice to publicly, if we find up those reseller adoption person. I going design the WANTED BANNER TO THEM.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Shameless Man Resells Adopted Kitten

Coony,I will PM you and Andy with the details. I have discussed this matter with other forumers but the problem is,our words against her/him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
June, this kind of sh#t happen everyday, sometime how careful we are we can still get caught by this bastard. Reason i don't breed many & extra cocky some may say is bcoz I want to be very sure of the person wanting my cat.

I think you shud expose the forumers who does this cat trading big time to prevent any innocent party from been con by this so call cat lover, frankly speaking if I were you I don't give a damn what their supporters will say, wrong is wrong & there is no 2 way to it. I will appreciate if you can PM me their names if you don't wish to do it publicly so that I can be aware who these ppl are.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

lia.. agaknya budak tuh sajer jer cari kucen yang lawa2 sket utk adopt.. pastuh mmg dia niat nak jual.. dapat duit kat dia.. dia leh guna duit tuh apa??

tengok x citer criminal minds kat tv? dia suh kiter pk macam fikiran orang jahat,, eheheh.... tuh yang terlintas tetiber kat pala aku tadik biler baca thread nih....
Old 01-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Banned

abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point

To sell the kitten, a day after adopting it for free, was really2 horrible. Itu baru sehari amik dah jual RM 50.00. Kalau seminggu? n moreover if the cats are pedigree look alike.... whooaaa... terrible!!
Yup, it's difficult to know which one is genuine and not. Therefore, im with acsyen on this. No more free in this world!!
At least, cost of vaccine, food, neuter/spay has to be accounted. This is for the potential adopter to feel the responsibility dari kucing tu lahir sehinggalah bila kucing tu sampai ke tangan dia. Pakcu rasala, kalau dia nak cat tu for free, tak payahlah bagi kat dia, chances are they just in for the profits.